Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - TV show

Reaction score
Not really an Infinity War "tie in", but I loved the quick line about "did you see what's going on in New York?", then Coulson quickly dismissed it.

Reaction score
yeah I caught that too. I was looking for a major tie-in with the plot, so I found it a bit disappointing they only gave us a one-liner ... but maybe that 'tie-in' is still to come :p LOL

(the fact they acknowledged the events of infinity war, at all , this means they can't ignore the outcome). :p IW should have repercussions on the AoS plot.

IW spoiler follows:

Spoiler:  
maybe we'll see half the cast of AoS suddenly dry up and blow away next week, because:Thanos. the end-credits scene had me thinking of AoS, re: how will this effect all the other characters running around in this universe? if Fury and Hill died from thanos (completely unconnected to the plot of IW), then what about the folks at the Lighthouse? are we going to see 1/2 the cast of AoS suddenly dry up and blow away? (like spiderman)? as a cliffhanger to end the season? this would be really cool, to be honest. :p LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
If AoS still has any connection to the MCU at all, what you said above HAS to happen. And very soon. It also has to happen to all the other MCU shows that are contemporary.

Reaction score
I would expect another tie in this Friday after people have seen IW.

2 Alien invasions in 1 day can't be a conquincidence, (3 if you count Wakanda in a 48 hour period)

I would be disappointed if there wasn't some Black order/Thanos' allies connection on AoS.

Reaction score
If AoS still has any connection to the MCU at all, what you said above HAS to happen. And very soon. It also has to happen to all the other MCU shows that are contemporary.
I don't think anything is going to happen at all. At least not until next season, if there is one.

Keep in mind that IW was supposed to open this Friday, not last, and there are only 2 episodes left after next week. This show has enough things going on to acknowledge the events of IW this year.

And the Netflix shows all take place in moments were nothing is happening in the MCU. I doubt anything will happen there as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But they've already mentioned it, and the timeline is really short from the beginning to IW to the end - probably no more than 48 hours. If there was no mention, I could kinda-sorta buy that all of this season of AoS takes place before IW. But they made the mention on purpose, they have to follow through on it.

Reaction score
Isn't rumored that the finale for this season was filmed as a series finale? That has me a bit worried, especially in regards to tie-ins.

With that in mind:
  Spoiler:  
I can see two things happening.

1. They are about to lose, then all of a sudden, POOF goes the bad guy and more follow.
2. After they win, everyone is happy, celebrating, then you start seeing people disappear.

The problem with that is, that whoever dies that way, will have to be gone the entire next season until after Avengers 4.

Reaction score
^^ if it's to be a series finale then that would work, because avengers4 will most likely "reboot" the universe via time-travel, thus creating a new timeline.

so basically: when this timeline ends , then so would AoS. it would be a good point to end the series, at the 'end' of the current MCU timeline.

Reaction score
Anyone know if gravitron coming into play any time soon? Hadn't seen him since the first season.. thought for sure they would bring him out of his "chamber" or whatever he's trapped in.
Finally caught up.. I'm happy.

Reaction score
I felt the "happening in NY" line was lame, sounded too much like the first attack. And Daisy acted like she didn't know anything about it.
IMO, Quake needs to be in Avengers 4! If they can cast the third henchman from Wakanda, then they can surely fit her in somewhere.

As for who will disappear. That's a tough one, because they were already in the future once. So it isn't YO YO. ;)
Or FitsZimmons. I suspect more of the secondary cast members like Piper and the Pilot guy. And of course any new additions.

It does seem rather coincidental that there are two Alien invasions happening. Surely, since they're connected, that both productions had a rough idea what was happening.

Reaction score
Keep in mind that IW was moved up a week, so that happening in NY line was originally meant as a tease. The crossover will happen this week or next depending on their thinking about when people would see the movie, since AoS would be on the same night as most of the see it first night crowd.

Reaction score
You know, the schedule for AoS is not locked in either. They could easily move the episodes forward or backward depending on when events need to take place.

Reaction score
You know, the schedule for AoS is not locked in either. They could easily move the episodes forward or backward depending on when events need to take place.
It actually is at this point in the season.

Reaction score
Yeah, considering there's only 3 episodes left this season (including tonight's), that's not really a viable concept.

Reaction score
It was filmed months ago, so yes, they could have started after the Xmas break at one week or another to line it up properly. Anyways, it's a moot point. They flat out say Thanos is the primary threat to Earth in last week's episode, though it is apparent that the Confederacy assumes he is only a threat to Earth, and didn't know about, or understand the ramifications of collecting the infinity stones.

Obviously Talbot doesn't actually get to do anything other than be a major (general?) a@@hole.

Reaction score
TBH, the team seems really fractured now. It's gonna be rough next season if everyone survives, they can barely stand to be in the same room together. And Daisy is definitely not ready to lead, not from what I've seen. As I've said before, I feel it's time for new characters.

Reaction score
That's one of the things I like about the show. real trama.

It started with Fitz's injury where instead of the TV tripe of him being OK next episode, they protrayed him as a real stroke victim who got better over time.

Same with the rest of the team, They all went through some rough stuff (PSD) with no time to recover. So they are all dealing with it in different ways, some not so healthy.

I'd love a season 6, don't know if it will happen, but on the off chance they get cancelled & someone else picks up the show, I'm hoping to see a larger SHIELD organization, as we know they exist but are never seen due to Budget issues.

Reaction score
You can tell they've slashed the budget this year. There's only been a couple times they've done location shooting, and the whole season has been filmed in the same place, because magically when they went back in time they found the thing all the humans lived in in the future.

It also proves that you don't need a big budget to tell a good story. They took that page right out of Dr. Who (the old version).

Reaction score
That will be interesting. Who lives and who dies? What are the ramifications for the world afterwards? I'm hoping the season has a condensed in-world timeline so that it resolves rather quickly after 'the event'.

Reaction score
Honestly I was convinced they would do the infinity war tie in, be obligated to make someone disappear
then blow up the Earth as a way to say screw you Marvel movies deal with this!!!!!

Reaction score
It has been announced that next season will be a 13 episode summer series. I wonder how much of that is "it is still profitable for Disney but ratings are so bad that ABC doesn't want it as even a mid season show anymore" and how much is "Infinity War messed with their storytelling ability so much that it was best if it was delayed until after Avengers 4".

Reaction score
It also won't premiere until Summer 2019!

I'm guessing we'll see the effects of the snap in the season finale for sure now.

Reaction score
This is probably the best course of action anyway. I don't want to watch a whole season with half the cast missing or with character development that could potentially be wiped away after Avengers 4.

Reaction score
In one of the articles about it being renewed, someone from ABC/Disney/whatever was quoted as saying the show isn't tied into the events of IW2. I thought that was a really dumb thing to say. They keep giving off the impression that all the TV shows are basically the red-headed stepchildren of the MCU.

Reaction score
They are.

Ike Perlmutter and Kevin Feige don't like each other, so we're stuck with Marvel owning most of their characters but there is still behind the scenes drama keeping them walled off. Perlmutter is really cheap so it's pretty much his fault.

Reaction score
I would say yes, generally they are free to do their own thing. It's a big world out there! However, when your movie wipes out half of everyone in the universe, your TV shows have to follow suit.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
I'm a bit confused: is Fitz dead, and why the plaque for Coulson and not Fitz? I think I missed something..

Reaction score
Remember how Fitz got to the future? He's out there in hibernation somewhere.

Reaction score
So that was disappointing. I kept waiting for that IW payoff and it didn't happen. I guess they figured they'd be canceled and trying to wrap everything up enough to end it.

Reaction score
I really don't think they even knew how IW ended when they wrote and shot this episode. I don't think anyone besides the people directly involved in the movie knew the ending.

Reaction score
Yeah, bit underwhelming indeed. But it's not like we didn't know that it isn't really connected anymore.

I also agree abut how confusing it is in regards to Fitz. Plus, "someone" is/was mysteriously missing.

Reaction score
I also agree abut how confusing it is in regards to Fitz. Plus, "someone" is/was mysteriously missing.
  Spoiler:  
He did say that if they were successful he would just blink out of existence.

That said, I think they really did a disservice to the fans by not having some closure for that character, one way or the other.

I felt they did a pretty good job with the finale overall, but there were way too many cheap cop-outs writing/story wise. They main thing they did well was to tie a decent amount of the last couple episodes into the earlier seasons. It was nice to see them coming full circle, even if some of it was poorly done and downright dopey. The whole thing with Fitz in the last episode was bad. It set up a paradox and made the whole thing cheap and pointless. Regardless of everything that went on in the episode, good or bad, I don't think we've seen the last of any of the main characters and that everyone will be back and in full health in S6.