Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - TV show

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's not Thanos or Quake that did that. We'll probably figure out who was really behind it at the end of this arc, and then the rest of the season will be about trying to prevent it from happening.

It's gonna be hard to top last season, but I hope they do. The premiere was certainly promising.

Reaction score
I was just talking about this with a buddy of mine, and hoping that they don't spend all season on it. Also that I was disappointed a bit about the premise. I got carried away and thought it had to do with S.W.O.R.D., but apparently not. As it was part of a joke in show, about a Space division in Shield called "Spear". lol
perosanlly i wasn't that impressed or intrigued with the Premier episode. Parts of it were neat, but in the end felt like they're out of ideas. IDK, too early to say quite yet.

Reaction score
I thought the season premiere was good, especially the first half. The second half was kinda boring, though, tbh, and a little confusing at times. Felt like The Hunger Games in space, lol. The first half had some funny lines. I especially enjoyed the part when they were all walking down the hall together scared, and one mentioned that that must be the coolest they've ever looked, lol. Not for a second did I think that Thanos could of been at fault for what happened to Earth. It's possible, but I feel like the reason will be addressed and fixed on the show, and that obviously would mean no Thanos. I don't believe Daisy is at fault either. I look forward to seeing what kind of story they can tell with space as the setting.

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty decent though I’m not wild about the premise. It is surprising to see how well the effects look and that obviously either Disney/ABC continue to support the production or they have found a great budget SFX team.

The move to Friday’s is a killer. Ratings were bad but they were expected to be. The show has never been a big hit but it certainly won’t do well now on Friday nights. ABC is hopefully happy for whatever they get now as it was an improvement over their previous programming. Hope it remains that way.

The two-hour premiere averaged a 0.7 rating in adults 18-49 (0.7 for the first hour, 0.6 for the second), which is a bit better than the 0.5 averages for “Once Upon a Time” and “Inhumans.” The premiere is down from 1.1 for the opener last fall but in line with its 2016-17 season average of 0.7 on Tuesdays.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TBH, with DVR, it doesn't matter anymore what night it's on. I almost never watch the night it's on, but much later.

Reaction score
Me too. I didn’t watch it until last night. Commercials mean automatic DVR viewings for me unless it’s a live sporting event.

Reaction score
I don't even watch live sports live anymore, I got tired of commercials a long time ago. I can watch a football game in about 50 minutes if I skip commercials and use the 30 second button between plays.

Reaction score
So they'd rather remove themselves form the current MCU timeline, than try to cooperate within the connected universe that was established?

Reaction score
So they'd rather remove themselves form the current MCU timeline, than try to cooperate within the connected universe that was established?
If they were to go the screw you mcu route then it would be much better to say look we destroyed the Earth now add it to infinity war

Reaction score
Usually when a regular goes MIA, it's due to another project. Similar to Dr. Stein on LoT, But I haven't heard anything about him being part of something else.

Also, the Destruction of Earth is something that Blackbolt could do too. Right? Quake isn't he only Inhuman/Mutant with ultra destructive powers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
re: the little girl who can control her molecular density:

- we've see how inhumans get 'sold' into slavery : they have to face off against the buyer's champion in mortal combat.

- the little girl's ability seems like it was written specifically to be a perfect foil for Daisy's Quake-powers.

--> Daisy will be made to face off against the little girl.

my guess: the little girl will be the buyer's new champion; Daisy will be faced with a "kill-or-be-killed" dilemma -- she'll be forced to kill the little girl or be killed herself..

(..and/or, more likely, they will work together to attack their captors and escape).

-===-

also: somebody made a cryptic comment in this episode about 'repairing the earth'

--> by the end of this thing, Daisy will use her powers to combine the asteroid field into a planet again. she will "repair the earth".

my guess: this is why Our Heroes have been brought here in the first place.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would it not be more feasible to go back and fix/stop what happened though?
You can't heal a Planet by moving the rubble back together. It will take another Million years before it could possibly recover, if such a thing is even possible.

Reaction score
whats with the lack-of-Fitz?
Usually when a regular goes MIA, it's due to another project. Similar to Dr. Stein on LoT, But I haven't heard anything about him being part of something else.
Actually someone has been absent in most of the seasons, Jemma was on the planet, others were held back for their story focus episodes. I would expect Fitz to show up in 1 or 2 episodes, (Once they find out who's on the planet & we start seeing some answers.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
no, seriously, Ruby THURSDAY. (derivative of the Rolling Stones song).

she's got an organic computer grafted into her brain.

hence the threat about her "screen time".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Thursday

(and hence her ability to 'think' faster than Yo-Yo can move).

-====-

that's my guess anyways. :p

(all we know for sure is , she plays a character named "Ruby").

cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Um, WTF just happened! Talk about a total fake out at the beginning, lol So does she want Quake because she's a Fan, and is a Villain with worship issues? Or does she have an ulterior motive too? The General mom definitely seems evil, and looks like she might finally form the Wrecking Crew?
And seriously, they just got a new base. Now it's gone too! And they sure do go through the Chronicoms.

Am I the only one who is getting tired of the Season long story arcs? You'd have thought YoYo would have told YoYo enough info to avoid the arm chopping, and the fact it was a trap?

Reaction score
I actually like the story arcs as opposed to the villain of the week format.

But yeah, it was pretty shocking. I was expecting Aida to be under the mask.

Reaction score
I was expecting Sinara.

(a younger, past-version of Sinara).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Isn't she Kree though? Had to think for a moment, since Daisy used it as an alias.

Maybe not a Villain of the week. But perhaps smaller arcs, that possibly merge at the end? I just watch too many shows that utilize this method is all, and feels overused/old. Almost like there is only this one issue in the world that need fixing, and nothing else matters.

More so on Arrow, I'm getting really burnt out on that show. It's fallin far from what it used to be. And now it seems to b taking Flash with it, in some odd pursuits.
Beginning to think they turned the writing over to ten year olds.

Reaction score
Odd episode Friday night, almost felt like filler leading up to a pivotal point. And wow, guess who's got a kid right net to them and don't even know it! lol
I had this feeling he was connected to one of the team, simply because we never got to see his parents. I wonder if they will indeed find a fix for Coulson, ot he'll finally die. I think it would be cool to have Daisy involved with the Movies, if she does become the head of SHIELD. Having Thanos wreak havoc on the world laying waste to the Avengers, seems logical more characters get involved as well as Shield.

Reaction score
Anyone know if gravitron coming into play any time soon? Hadn't seen him since the first season.. thought for sure they would bring him out of his "chamber" or whatever he's trapped in.

Reaction score
I totally forgot what happened to him, thought he was re-appropriated by Hydra? Or likely with that new General?

Also, looks lie I was wrong with the "kid" statement, he's their Grandson! lol
Something didn't quite add up when I thought of it, as in he's not old enough to be their Son. But I had forgot exactly how many years into the future they had gone.

Reaction score
this last one was a good episode. I knew they would need to find an excuse to give Daisy her powers back, now that they've returned from the future to the 'present day'. they didn't want to remove the inhibitor chip because they are afraid she might be the one who ends up destroying the earth... but they needed her powers to seal the rift.. cool beans.

problem though: why didn't they just hack the inhibitor chip?

in the future, the Kree were using the chip to activate/de-activte the inhumans' powers. Kasius had a "remote control" gizmo which allowed him to "activate" Daisey's powers whenever he wanted, like the button on a garage-door-opener... so... why not just hack the signal from Kasius' remote control gizmo? (ie: instead of "removing" the chip, just "use" the chip, as it was intended -- to "Activate" Daisey's powers on a per-need basis -- as the chip was designed to operate). this way, they could activate Daisey's powers whenever they want, and/or shut her down if/when she's about to destroy the world. this seems like something Fitz WOULD think of on his own.. BEFORE his brain cracked under pressure and he turned into Leopold. (which supposedly only happened because he couldn't think of a solution).

either way, cool episode.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WTH are you talking about? MAOS was a repeat this week, for me anyways. DVR didn't even record it. I'll be so PO'd if it messed up again!

Reaction score
So... That just happened! Is no one watching anymore, or just don't feel like discussing it? I've noticed several TV show threads feel abandoned these days.

Interesting season for sure, but still feels IDK. Flat at times. I'm beginning to think this show maybe needs to end, and start a new one called Agent 13.
With you know who as the lead. Since we obviously wouldn't get a weakly show about Black Widow, this could be close enough.

I think it's time for a big change up nonetheless.

Reaction score
That was definitely one of the more gruesome deaths I can recall on network TV. Not including cop/lawyer/medical shows where more graphic/gruesome events are kind of expected to be shown. VS the lesser is done for good now.