Marvel Wanda Vision

Reaction score
Well it premiered today. First 2 episodes are on Disney +

Got to say it is weird & I don’t know if the younger people will get the references.

Lot’s of mystery & I suspect more things will makes sense as the show goes on.

Reaction score
Just saw the first two episodes and so far, I can't figure out what to do with it 🤪🤪🤔

I am pretty sure, I will love it as the journey through the eras of TV-sitcoms continues and we learn all the meanings of it.👍🏻😎😊

I just wonder where exactly this fits within the MCU movie timeline

Reaction score
I watched both episodes with my 11-tear-old twins, and I was afraid that they wouldn't understand all of the references enough to enjoy it ... but they loved it.
And Scooby ... I'm pretty sure it takes place after Endgame.

Reaction score
Yeah, it is all sorts of weird. The clues are there but out of context and likely won't make total sense until much closer to the end. Obviously they are being monitored by people with a certain logo, which I have been anxiously waiting to finally see debut in the MCU ever since GOTG introduced Space characters.

I will say it's sometimes tough to weed out the clues from just ordinary banter. I like it, I just don't love it, yet.

Reaction score
Don´t think so. Vision is dead/destroyed due the stone removed by Thanos in IW, and he is not returning after Banner un-does the "SNAP"
my guess? Vision is dead. Wanda is most likely strapped to a table. the whole thing is taking place inside Wanda's head. we're seeing her 'lucid dreams' play out on a monitor. (ie: she couldn't deal with the loss of Vision, and she 'cracked' -- she created this alternate reality for herself, as a sort of coping mechanism). hence the question "Is this really happening..?" (the answer is "no").

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just putting it out there.
We don't know what they did with Vision's body.
Captain Marvel had that mind interigation machine & my guess is those guys could be running said group.

Last edited:
Reaction score
one of the "commercials" had a hyrda logo. (re:"Wanda is most likely strapped to a table")

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gee, and here I was trying to be vague so as to not spoil anything. lol

If we're going to go out on that limb though, I'd argue that Vision isn't really dead. Surely with all the work Shuri was doing she was able to create a "partition" in Vision's mind/hard drive where he could have hidden his core programming preventing permanent damage. Regardless of the Snap either way he is one character that has the potential to come back, maybe not as the Vision we remember but in some form.

That aside, yes, I believe Wanda is creating all this in her mind and she might be "captive", from a certain point of view. As humans do in a time of extreme situation to avoid/cope with the truth.

Both Hydra and Sword Logos appear in the show, so either one could be involved but I feel she is being held by Sword or at least being monitored by them if in fact Hydra has her.

Reaction score
I loved it! The more surreal/sinister parts had a real David Lynch feel to them. I didn't expect THAT from Marvel!

Reaction score
Don´t think so. Vision is dead/destroyed due the stone removed by Thanos in IW, and he is not returning after Banner un-does the "SNAP"
I think you might be looking at this a bit too literally. It's pretty obvious that what we're seeing isn't 100% "real." I'm pretty sure Wanda and Vision aren't actually living inside sitcoms. So if we assume that that aspect of it is a construct, who's to say Vision is even really there at all?

Reaction score
I think you might be looking at this a bit too literally. It's pretty obvious that what we're seeing isn't 100% "real." I'm pretty sure Wanda and Vision aren't actually living inside sitcoms. So if we assume that that aspect of it is a construct, who's to say Vision is even really there at all?
Yeah, just figured that alread. Only after another viewing I noticed the two above mentioned logos, and just as the color "floats in" at the end of episode 2, I realized he has no mind stone on his forehead 🤦‍♂️

Also just read that actually this show is meant to set up and lead to Doctor Strange 2.
Would just have prefered to binge the full series instead of weekly base, just for easier following 😉

Reaction score
The one thing that makes me think Vision is there in dome form, is that we see him interact with characters away from Wanda. If this was purely from her POV I don't think we would be seeing scenarios that didn't include her interacting with everyone. Almost like she's the glue that is holding it all together? I mean it's not like we've seen scenes playout that don't include either Wanda or Vision.

My assumption before seeing it was that Wanda somehow breaks reality which then leads to Spider-Man dealing with some sort of fallout from that, and then finally Dr. Strange stepping in to fix things. So far though the first two episodes don't support that theory. It merely feels like an illusion she put herself in to cope with loss. Time will tell though.

Reaction score
I watched it the second it dropped. I loved it! Some of the comments I've seen are very negative and even hateful. I think it's a bit too high-concept for some, at least for now. I think it will get a little clearer as the season goes on. As for the weekly releases, I actually like that because I don't have time to binge, and it gives me something to look forward to each week.

Reaction score
Watched the first two and I'm very intrigued. I think these early episodes drew maybe most heavily from Bewitched and The **** Van Dyke Show. I totally do think the "commercials" are laying hints to what's really going on. Some things of note were the mention of Stark Industries for the toaster and how the brand of the watch was Strucker; I.E: Baron Von. That's not a coincidence. I think the commercials are her real-world memories occasionally breaking through the cracks.

My theory on what's really going on because it's not subtle in the sense of...clearly this isn't 100% truly all happening...I mean, when you look at her history in the MCU, she's had it pretty rough. Lost her family and home to Stark tech, basically seemingly tortured by Strucker to give her her abilities, tricked by Ultron, loss of her brother, the events of Civil War making the world fear and distrust her, the loss of Vision, etc. I think she just cracked. I think she fabricated a fantasy world that's so convincing she even herself lost control of it and often forgets. Now that it's growing in intensity, it's legitimately breaking the fabric of reality itself. Vision is technically dead, but if she's lost control enough that some sort of Govt. organization is trying to break her out of it because they recognize the threat this could be...her fantasies could become realities. Vision, at least this version, may now be more than just a fantasy. He may be a real tangible living entity now. I do think all these neighbors are real people that got sucked into this as it exponentially expands.

...and I think it obvious this will likely end with Strange breaking her out of it. They'll call him in, he's the only one who can fix this. I also would not be shocked if Quicksilver shows up in some form. I'm not sure if this will be a way of bringing "him" permanently back from the dead, but I absolutely think it will be at least a temporary way to return him. Whether he "fades away" once Wanda is saved or not, who knows? It's sort of like the X-Men role of Proteus where he can create illusions so powerful they cease to be illusions and become real. Effectively, you're a God. But I think where this SWORD organization is going wrong is...they think she's hostage or captive by someone. I don't think she is, she's the one doing this...and might not even fully be conscious of it. Now IF I'm wrong and someone is messing with her...my prediction is Nightmare from Dr. Strange.

It really has vibes of some of my favorite shows, stories, and films of all-time. Sort of Truman Show aspects, Twilight Zone and David Lynch qualities, I could see a sort of Batman: The Animated Series Perchance to Dream twist happening too. It's a slow start but I think to fully sell the illusion or dream or whatever this may be, it needed to be. I know some professional reviewers got the first THREE episodes and while I don't know anything detail wise, apparently Episode 3 is where it really picks up and starts laying the hints to WTF is happening here.

I think a decent comparison would be this episode of Justice League Unlimited. It's not going to play out identically, but I think it certainly has aspects very akin.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love it. As a pop culture tv junkie the gags aren't wasted on me. As the show progresses it will get darker I'm sure. I have a feeling that this is going to set the MCU up for Dr.Strange, and would not be a bit surprised if he shows up by the end of the series. I get the fact that this show is risky in the fact that some people will dimiss it at face value. Best thing to do is keep watching.... When this busts wide open the naysayers will regret it.

Reaction score
I suspect she's going to create the multiverse, at least to some degree.
I think it's adding up that way too. Though maybe not create, just open a way and some spills out...Strange called in to basically stitch it up. Cause let's do the math. Scarlet Witch is confirmed in Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness. Spider-Man 3 is I believe confirmed now to have all this multiverse stuff in it. Dr. Strange is confirmed to appear in Spider-Man 3. The math adds up.

Reaction score
Spoiler
  Spoiler:  
I think sword is run by the scrulls, so they work with shield but are separate. So if Wanda is in the interigation machine seen in captain marvel it could mean one of a couple of things

1: She is captured & this is the start of the sckrull war & super scrulls.

2: She went super nova with her powers & this is containment

3: Outside entity is at play, Mephistopheles or even an X men villain

4: Whatever happens this could be the start of her joining the x men, whether she is a founding member or it already created is yet to be determined

Reaction score
I mean there's a lot going on here in-between the lines. Like I said with the commercials...I believe they reference her past traumas and memories. The Stark toaster that starts beeping like a bomb is when her and her brother were almost killed by the Stark missile as children. "Forget the past, this is your future!" The Strucker watch references Baron Von Strucker and the experiments they put her and her brother through. I mean even consider this: her very first line in the entire series is "My husband and his indestructible head." I mean...think about that for a second. His indestructible head. How did Vision die? Bingo!

It's just obvious something is up, the details are what's up in the air. It's that air of like Stepford Wives, Get Out, Pleasantville, Truman Show. True Twilight Zone feel. Things for her are so perfect it's...too...perfect. It approaches creepy, very dark undertones. I started even thinking the laugh track could even be a hint in a sense. It sometimes goes off at times that aren't even especially funny almost as if mockingly laughing at her instead of with her.

Now again keep in mind the first mention of a multiverse is in Far From Home. That film ends by connecting to Skrulls and SWORD. Scarlet Witch is confirmed to appear in Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness. Spider-Man 3 is confirmed to deal with the multiverse and Dr. Strange is confirmed to appear in it. They all link. So I'm going through my memory banks of villains or characters known to use trickery, dreams, magic, deception, and illusions that COULD play a secret role in Wandavision.

1. Loki: A significant part of the MCU...but considering he's getting his own show I don't think he has any role in this. His show will clearly link to this multiverse though but later.

2, Mysterio: Established in the MCU as part of a multiverse (turns out a charade) and if this leads to the creation of an actual multiverse and Dr. Strange leads into Spider-Man 3's multiverse...I suppose possible but I'm highly doubtful Mysterio plays a role in any of this. While I don't think he's dead, this seems way bigger than simply just special effects and using her own powers against her.

3. Nightmare: Long-running Dr. Strange villain that's been heavily rumored for some time to be in Multiverse of Madness. I think a sincere possibility.

4. Baron Mordo: While he'll likely play a significant role in Strange 2 and is a sorcerer, none of this feels like his MO to me. I'm ruling him into the out category.

5. Agatha Harkness: A theory is running around that Agnes is actually Agatha Harkness. Lots of big hints. Agatha is a witch who helped train Wanda in the comics for a time. In the MCU she could potentially be written to be connected to Strange and the Ancient One. In the books she played a role in Wanda becoming pregnant as she could not naturally be via Vision. In the show, she's seen pushing Wanda toward romantic things with her husband. Eventually it's discovered that Wanda's children were created from aspects of Mephisto and Agatha wipes her memory of their existence. Hm! Also keep in mind, her rabbit is named Scratch and in comics her wizard son is named Nicholas Scratch. Easter egg...or leading to more? And that name, Nicholas Scratch, AKA "Old Nick," "Mr. Scratch," is a known literary alias of Satan. Hm! Also note when Dottie says "The devil is in the details," Agnes whispers "That's not the only place he is."

6. Mephisto: I can see this being legit. Agnes is constantly referencing her husband Ralph...yet we've yet to meet him. Mephisto is Marvel's Satan, Lucifer, Devil, Mephistopheles, name your pick. If Agnes is Agatha Harkness and all the above fits, could her husband Ralph be Mephisto? He has often gone up against Strange and we know this likely leads directly into Multiverse of Madness. Could Wanda in her depression have accidentally reached out to Mephisto and they cut a deal? She gets her fantasy world, but in traditional Faustian ways...there's always a catch. Perhaps he is using her, unknown to her, to open up portals to other dimensions to almost demonic-like roles like Dormammu, Nightmare, Shuma Gorath, the Ancient Ones, and others. A Multiverse of...well...madness. Very Lovecraftian. And upon viewing from the outside, SWORD saw the potential threat her out of control powers have and came in to assess and stop the situation only to realize it's futile? Call in Dr. Strange...

7. Scarlet Witch: It might be as simple as sincerely it's...just...Wanda herself. Maybe she just lost it and has spun out of control. It really could be that simple and honestly? As much fun as it is to speculate and theorize, this is what I lean toward most.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think a lot of that are mere "easter eggs" that Feige likes to do, lets remember that he has yet to 100% incorporate what happens in comics into the MCU. So some of those tidbits are likely just put there as a nod for the Fans, while some are wither misdirection or actually telling of what may be.

Some people like to take those little throw away details and run wild with them, which is fine but when it winds up untrue they're the one's who are disappointed the most because it didn't happen the way they predicted/wanted.

Reaction score
I don't 100% agree but mostly. MCU has def. shown that Easter Eggs def. can lead to the larger real picture. Their Easter Eggs have been more before, actually decently often. A lot more than other big franchise Easter Eggs. They lay hints like MAD. They really do that stuff, but sure, not for ALL of them. I mean sure they don't directly adapt comics, but a knowledge of them def. can guide you in the right direction more often than not cause the makers/writers of the MCU are clearly fans. It's rare I'm surprised by the MCU simply due to my comic love, it's a blessing and a curse, but it has happened on occasion. As for me specifically, I'm a fan of all of it so I'm rarely disappointed. I wouldn't really want direct adaptations, way I've always seen it is why bother? If I want THE Marvel Civil War I'll go and read it. I like the films change some things up but are overall respectful to source material. That way I can still predict general big story beats, but I can't predict the entire thing. I've been vaguely disappointed at times, but they've done so well I think the only time I was legitimately bothered was Mandarin. Like I saw someone caught the Grim Reapers helmet in that Bewitch animated opening...I missed that one. But I'm not really sure how he'd fit into this, but with Marvel you just never know.

Reaction score
See, ever since GOTG happened and was a major success, i think it opened the door to those "less grounded in real world" characters. As well as Dr Strange. Character like Cap and iron Man are seen as totally possible/plausible with a with world take, while the true Mandarin "at the time" was probably seen as more of an "out there" and "risky", or maybe it just didn't fit in at the time. Now that they are indeed exploring those more odd characters who deal in magic, and now that Shang-Chi is happening it's easier to fit that aspect into the MCU.

I've learned to temper my expectations of said easter eggs or "hints" if you will a little more than I used to, to me it's now just "cool" nod and if it does lead to something then it's much nicer. They do seem to be tackling the bizarre side of thing more and more though, this show, Loki, What IF, Elementals. As well as leaning more into the "powered" characters like Cap Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Rambeau/Photon etc. When it used to be just people in suits or slightly enhanced.

Reaction score
I think it’s absolutely amazing. I think the title alone tells you where it’s all happening. It’s like reading Watchmen for the first time. I’m proud of Disney for attempting to do it!

Most professional critics have praised it so far; I hope people will give it a chance.

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised at the good reviews it's mostly gotten. It's weird as hell, which I love, so I figured lots of people wouldn't get it. I'm gonna go ahead and call WandaVision, Dr Strange 2, and Spidey 3 The Trilogy of the MCU's Daydream Nation known as Phase 4.

Reaction score
See, ever since GOTG happened and was a major success, i think it opened the door to those "less grounded in real world" characters. As well as Dr Strange. Character like Cap and iron Man are seen as totally possible/plausible with a with world take, while the true Mandarin "at the time" was probably seen as more of an "out there" and "risky", or maybe it just didn't fit in at the time. Now that they are indeed exploring those more odd characters who deal in magic, and now that Shang-Chi is happening it's easier to fit that aspect into the MCU.

I've learned to temper my expectations of said easter eggs or "hints" if you will a little more than I used to, to me it's now just "cool" nod and if it does lead to something then it's much nicer. They do seem to be tackling the bizarre side of thing more and more though, this show, Loki, What IF, Elementals. As well as leaning more into the "powered" characters like Cap Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Rambeau/Photon etc. When it used to be just people in suits or slightly enhanced.
Well said.

See here's what I personally would have done back in the IM3 days when things were...sure...still fantastical (Thor/Hulk) but a bit more grounded in reality. I'd have still done Mandarin as basically the comic Mandarin role, just de-powered in the "magical" sense. Think a terroristic Chinese warlord. A sort of mastermind type, grand schemer, always one step ahead. He'd have his ten rings, but I'd adapt them from having magical comic-bookish powers to what the Iron Man franchise was then. I'd give him a ring that conceals a trigger for a bomb. I always imagined a scene with him and Stark at a long dinning table very akin to some Bond meeting villains scenes where perhaps he has a ring that secretly contains poison he discretely pours in Stark's wine. Perhaps some trigger a booby trap or alarm. I'd do things of that nature, a way of paying tribute to his super-powered rings without them being actually super. Then perhaps later he'd return...once magic and aliens were more common and established...with more "super" upgraded rings. See that's really the dichotomy of Stark vs. Mandarin. Every iconic villain pairing has one, theirs being East vs. West, Modern vs. Ancient, but perhaps most of all is Technology and Science vs. Magic and that which we do not fully understand. I think the MCU missed that.

See my biggest issue with IM3 Mandarin was that he was...literally...made into a joke. This is Iron Man's big bad. You just don't do that. I'd have even been fine if someone was posing as him, just don't make his legacy into a gag. Like I said, that was the one and only time the MCU peeved me. I really liked Kingsley before the reveal. I could even survive that he wasn't so much Chinese but Middle Eastern as at least he utilized a lot of Asian motifs. I heard it was mostly done to avoid potentially offending the Chinese Box Office. I mean, I suppose I get it. Mandarin really is, in many ways, the Fu Manchu stereotype. I know there are still a few loose ends, particularly from Phase 1, like The Leader/Sterns, I heard there's a comic answering that but I'd prefer something on film. I love that they finally answered what happened to Red Skull. That's one I never saw coming. I've even heard Abomination and what happened to him will be answered in one of the Disney Plus shows. Yet I still consider Mandarin their biggest misstep and it appears they even know it...

Least they're not like Disney SW and can admit to a mistake and course correct...

Now it's kind of all over the place. First Killian just made the Mandarin up with Trevor, then playing recovery to the fans who hated that they confirm there is a real Mandarin out there and he's most displeased to have had his name dragged through the mud...but All Hail the King never really seemed like it would be more than just an apology to fans. I didn't really think something would come from it. Now, by God, the real Mandarin is coming in Shang Chi. But for me, it's very bitter sweet as sure we're getting him and I'm grateful, but it's almost too little too late because it just feels almost wrong to have him and not have him be able to face Tony. My biggest hope...and this is me really reaching...is that if the rumors of Feige wanting Daredevil to return (the Netflix continuity at that too)...I would love if there's even just a passing hint from Mandarin about The Hand in Shang Chi. They're a good example of Marvel being grounded, DD is very much so a street level show, to suddenly there's this mystical or even demonic ninja cult. Would mesh well with Mandarin. The box grows wider to allow more inside when you don't break the box first. Heavy rumors Charlie Cox is in Spidey 3 as Murdock, but I'm still dubious. I'd crap a brick though, but I'm not holding my breath for this one.

When they name dropped Stephen Strange in Winter Soldier, I about crapped my pants. I knew that meant he's coming...and with him coming...a BIG step for the MCU. Magic was going to be introduced and potentially even become commonplace. Had Mandarin been done post Dr. Strange, I'm almost certain there would be no Killian/Trever imposter arch. It would have been the real Mandarin from the get-go. Now I was a tad worried, used improper magic could really break the films down into dangerously cheesy territories. But I think they nailed it. Heck, these days they probably could even get away with really outlandish things like Fin Fang Foom, MODOK, or the freaking devil Mephisto just because they took their time properly setting up and establishing everything. I mean they did Ego the Living Planet. Hah! Sure they had to adapt him naturally, but still...what's that say?

And so now this all led to Wandavision. Things in the MCU slowly but exponentially growing more and more fantastical allow for the success and even creation of this show. It would never have worked proper say...directly after Ultron. Unlike DC, Marvel seems to understand these things take time and build-up. They can't be rushed. It just wouldn't be as praised as it is now had the films not had a natural progression to making bonkers stuff like this basically add up. I just adore this show thus far. It's a slow burn right now, but I see where it's going in general. Heck, who knows, maybe even some detailed predictions of mine could be right...but I do think three things are certain: 1. This is actually basically horror. 2. This is going to end pretty tragically for Wanda. 3. Whatever is happening...is going to have massive repercussions on the MCU - at the least in Strange 2 and Spidey 3. But potentially over-all as well as this might be how they explain X-Men/Mutants and even the FF coming (though I prefer them having been lost in the Negative Zone) into the MCU. My only hope is, I don't want the MCU from this point forward to always have multiverse and time travel elements. If so then consequences will no longer matter. I'm hoping Strange finds a way to close multiverse portals and time travel is only utilized from this point forward to rectify the Avengers in Endgame mucking up the space-time continuum; I.E: Kang.

Wacky thought: I'm sure Sokovia is still bigtime hurting after Ultron...what if suddenly it's magically fixed...and renamed to Latveria? Not that I think it will happen...at all...but fun silly idea.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I heard it was mostly done to avoid potentially offending the Chinese Box Office. I mean, I suppose I get it. Mandarin really is, in many ways, the Fu Manchu stereotype.
I can kind of see their POV, not wanting to offend their biggest Foreign audience. But have they not ever seen Chinese Kung Fu style Cinema? some of it can be very weird/hokey looking. lol As for the casting yes the real Mandarin should probably be an Asian actor.

Interesting Latveria theory/idea, Countries have change their names before so it's totally plausible.

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised at the good reviews it's mostly gotten. It's weird as hell, which I love, so I figured lots of people wouldn't get it. I'm gonna go ahead and call WandaVision, Dr Strange 2, and Spidey 3 The Trilogy of the MCU's Daydream Nation known as Phase 4.
I'm surprised at it too because it's almost like making a David Lynch film mainstream...I'm even a Lynch fan (on ...levels) and I am well aware it doesn't have mainstream appeal. Some hate is spilling in now, it's one of those premises where either you "get it" or you don't, you know? It's far more cerebral. But I think the fact it is connected to Marvel makes people more open-mindedly giving it a shot even if they're not really connecting with it right now. I think most realize it's the slow burn and stick around, it'll have a big payoff that they WILL get.

I can kind of see their POV, not wanting to offend their biggest Foreign audience. But have they not ever seen Chinese Kung Fu style Cinema? some of it can be very weird/hokey looking. lol As for the casting yes the real Mandarin should probably be an Asian actor.

Interesting Latveria theory/idea, Countries have change their names before so it's totally plausible.
I can too, I mean like I said...I get why they did what they did with Mandarin. I just didn't like it. Like there were ways of doing the imposter angle without making a complete mockery of his archvillain, you know? But I mean, Shane Black wrote it...and considering his modern body of work...boy does he like to use bathos obnoxious twist comedy. God, did you see Predators? The newest one? OMFG...I don't know if it was so bad it was just bad or so bad it was HYSTERICAL and I'm not sure if intentionally so.

Reaction score
No, I still haven't seen it mainly because it was she who directed it. And having a bad taste still left from IM3, then you add all the other comedians and B rate stars and it just felt like a waste. Friends of mine who have seen weren't kind to it so that pretty much told me it wasn't worth my time with so much other better media to consume. I'll probably see it one day if it ever pops up on one of the Streaming channels I subscribe to just to see his approach to that franchise.

At least with WandaVision there is context for the weirdness/kookiness, but when you throw it into a mythos that it doesn't quite belong in it can feel very foreign.

Reaction score
At least with WandaVision there is context for the weirdness/kookiness, but when you throw it into a mythos that it doesn't quite belong in it can feel very foreign.
This. It’s all about context. Btw, I’m pretty sure that Elizabeth Olsen deserves an Emmy for this already. It’s just remarkable to watch.

Reaction score
Alright so....WTF (in a good way)?

I mean the doctor says "Ah yes my trip, you know, I don't think we'll get away after all. Small towns...so hard...to...escape," it clearly means more and that's right before she tells Geraldine the big WTF moment. "I'm a twin, I had a brother. His name was Pietro," she begins singing a lullaby I can only assume was sung to her and Pietro as children. Geraldine responds, almost like she just woke up, with "He was killed by Ultron, wasn't he?" and Wanda has that single tear. "What did you say?" The second her reality, the truth, comes into her fantasy...she reacts aggressively. Deny, remove, eliminate. Olsen's performance here was actually even kind of frightening. It has a totally ominous tone. This is all in conjunction with Agnes and Herb having their convo with Vision. It seems more like they're inquiring on Geraldine rather than they're with her and she's clearly working for Sword. I don't think everyone is on the same team here, but Herb cutting into that wall is clearly symbolic of breaking through some kind of barrier. It was brilliant, I never knew Olsen had acting chops like this. When Vision comes in and asks Wanda where Geraldine is...her response of "Oh she left, hunny. She had to rush home" looks downright malevolent. I'm not 100% sure WHAT is happening anymore but it's got me HOOKED.

Reaction score
The first three episodes were mostly lighthearted fun and a bit interesting and it seems like the fourth is when it starts to become more even more interesting and telling. I'm still wondering who's who or who's good or bad, you get the impression that the neighbors are the good guys while Geraldine/Sword are the bad guys. The end of EP3 definitely shows that it is some sort of Town that's involved rather than Wanda on a table in a lab setting. And it's also interesting that when Geraldine lands outside the community she is swarmed by soldiers, would Sword do that to one of their agents? Now I'm really looking forward to Ep4 to find out more of what's going on.

Reaction score
if Geraldine is Sword then the neighbours are hydra. I still think Wanda created this alternate reality as a defence mechanism to protect her psyche against the fact that Vision is truly dead. Hydra is probably taking advantage of Wanda's current mental state somehow (so they want the alternate reality to continue); whereas Sword is trying to *pop* the bubble and wake Wanda up (so they want the alternate reality to end) -- that's why the neighbours are seen as the 'good guys' and Geraldine was expelled as a 'bad guy' (from Wanda's POV) -- Geraldine is working "against" Wanda, by trying to wake Wanda up; the neighbours are working "with" Wanda, to maintain Wanda's illusion. and yeah, it seems she's not strapped to a table afterall, with the entire thing taking place "internally" inside her head... it seems she's in a small town, with the entire thing taking place "externally" in the real world -- she seems to have created an "alternate-reality-bubble" around a real town, which sword is trying to stop, (and hydra is trying to enable).

and yes sword would swarm one of their own agents like this -- the same way ambulances might swarm a plane that's crashed on a runway -- they would be rushing to her aid, after watching her get violently ejected from Wanda's bubble.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't watched tonight's episode but so far I'm definitely liking it. Looking forward to it in a couple hours.

Reaction score
I was literally shaking at the end of the episode. I haven't reacted to a show like that in a long time.

Reaction score
I was literally shaking at the end of the episode. I haven't reacted to a show like that in a long time.
She kind of terrified me.

Marvel is very known for their Easter Eggs and such and often they do lead to something. This is a show specifically designed to PLAY off of that. To play off the analytical minded fans. Not everyone will get it, some just go for the punchie punches and action beats. But I see what they're up to, I think MOST do. Least the diehard life-long Marvel nuts. It's a....journey into mystery, if you will. It's explicitly designed to make you theorize for many reasons, perhaps especially because it's playing the long game. It's outwardly mimicking classic sitcoms, but inwardly mimicking Rod Serling or Richard Matheson formula horror. I mean this is potentially pushing it, but I don't think too much when I say even the doctor planned a trip the Bermuda. I don't think it's any more than a throw away nod to the Bermuda Triangle. A "twilight zone," much like what Wanda has created.

I believe this is a pocket reality, but very much so a reality. It's not a dream...per se. I think most everything in the show is a lie with simply bits of reality speckled in. It's created in the real world but isn't the real world and because of that is a dire threat to those who protect the real world. I think the side cast are real people, they exist and existed. Good case in point is Dottie in episode two and her convo with Wanda. Wanda assures her she doesn't mean any harm to anyone and Dottie simply replies with "I don't believe you." Now why wouldn't Wanda just rewind that moment? Some of these people, possible all of these people, are indeed real people just lost in her little microcosm. What all of them are, what factions they play for, what their ultimate agenda is? I do not know yet, but can theorize.

Herb is cutting through that wall which is symbolic of breaking through a barrier. Sword is trying to enter into the barrier, we now factually know this via Monica AKA Geraldine. The doctor says it's so hard to escape small towns...another metaphor. Agnes seems to have her own agenda and certainly nosy about Wanda. Why? And so many and much from even episode one seemed to be subliminally pushing her towards one thing. Having children. "Why don't you have children?" "Where are your children?" "For the children!" Yet never once is a child shown until she gives birth. Agnes even encourages her to be more seductive implying copulations implying children in the very first episode.

And yet after this latest episode....I'm not so sure there is some deep dark influential villain subtlety influencing her or misleading her into this delusion. I think the villain may be her...or more accurately her depression. She was downright intimidating and even frightening by the end of Episode 3. Either that or something had leeched onto her depression and convinced her, deceptively, this is OK. This is what you want. You won't harm anybody...but secretly when nothing could be further from the truth.

One new interesting theory I personally had? I've found a lot of hexagon theories. The shape does show up quite a bit, yet on the one hand it does have 6 sides. Every theory I've seen points to Satan. 666. Mephisto theory back at it...and admittedly it's not bonkers. It's got solid groundwork here. But on the other hand something hit me. The hexagon is also a symbol for an organization in Marvel comics. AIM. And a hexagon is also the shape of a honeycomb. Bees. And what does an AIM soldier sure look like? A beekeeper. And who has connections to AIM? Hydra....

I do think this could be playing the Mephisto game too though....after all...hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. More apt, like a mother scorned.

I suppose it could ALSO be a dream (per se) in the sense she's in the Nightmare realm from Dr. Strange comics. It's not just a realm but also an entity. Because this show has a fantasy dream-like quality. Nightmare has been long rumored for Strange 2 (Multiverse of Madness) and Wanda is confirmed in it. Nightmare also shares qualities with Mephisto. Even visually they are depicted similarly. If they are too chicken to do what's basically the Christian Devil, Nightmare would be a good scapegoat to combo him into. Yet why I say per se is because it's clear it isn't simply just a dream at this point. But she COULD be asleep having dreamed of her fantasy world and Nightmare came into it, as he does in the comics, and is using that dream and her own abilities to make it reality. Imagine she cried herself to sleep over her losses and experiences, dreams of an imaginary existence where her and her lover lived happily ever after. Nightmare thrives on that. He feeds on that. The dream world. But once he latched onto her...saw her abilities...he saw so much more he could use.

Hm....

I live for this long game Rod Sterling Twilight Zone creepy "What's really going on" stuff. I'm loving it.

Last edited: