Marvel Universe

Reaction score

Ok, so didn't catalog my journey as I said I would, but this is the end? result of my search. Still want a different Captain America figure, but I have almost all the heroes that were made in this scale that have been in a Movie or TV show in the last few years. I added a few hopefuls like Namor and I know I'm missing a few like Korg, Valkyrie, Maria Hill, and Sharon Carter... but are there others I'm missing? I doubt I'll ever get the Sharon Carter or Nebula figures as they are a bit pricey and hard to find, but Any other suggestions for movie or TV heroes I don't have?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bought my first Marvel Super Hero action figure since the 1970's...Worthy Captain America (walmart exclusive) . I loved the movie, so I just felt like I couldn't pass it up.

Reaction score
Bought my first Marvel Super Hero action figure since the 1970's...Worthy Captain America (walmart exclusive) . I loved the movie, so I just felt like I couldn't pass it up.
After seeing Infinity War I wanted to buy a few of the classic 3.75" Marvel heroes and it just snowballed.

I decided I still need to get Maria HIll, Nebula, Elektra, Korg, Valkyrie and maybe Sharon Carter (she is a bit pricey... but so is Nebula).

Undecided on whether Cable, Yondu, Mystique, or Nova? will be added to my list. I decided to limit the X-Men to the ones from the Cartoon that I loved and a few favorites like Nightcrawler. I do have Angel, Kitty Bryde, Bishop, Emma Frost, and Havok on my radar as well as characters like Ghost Rider, Blade who had movies before this MCU was a thing.

After the next few movies I may need Adam Warlock or Mysterio? too.

Reaction score
I really liked the 3.75" figures and would contemplate buying them over the years, but I was already spending all my money on Star Wars and couldn't justify it. There were several TRU exclusives I walked around the store with before eventually putting them back each time.

Reaction score
I really liked the 3.75" figures and would contemplate buying them over the years, but I was already spending all my money on Star Wars and couldn't justify it. There were several TRU exclusives I walked around the store with before eventually putting them back each time.
That's just the thing. I was used to spending money on Star Wars, but there was very little to buy. Not buying 5POA with any regularity and never got into the 6" craze. (kinda wish I'd collected the Marvel Legends though)

I got all of those figures for around $500. In purchasing I got a few extras that I didn't really need (purchased a couple lots) so I got about 70 figures for that $500... and will resell a few to actually get some money back (already sold a few) ... try doing that with Star Wars.

Reaction score
Nebula was made in 3.75"? I would like to get Sharon Carter and Maria Hill, but that will likely never happen.

Star Wars having slow period is why i got totally sucked into this line, and bought way too many! lol

I was really hoping to close out the 90's X-Men, one complete set of F4. And a few others oddball figs. Sad that so many were left unmade, while they went with some rather odd choices.
But it was good/great while it lasted! Guess I should be thankful, otherwise I'd still be buying them.

Reaction score
All I can hope for at this point is maybe they’re revising the line with new bucks, similar to how they revamped Legends. BUT, I’m not getting my hopes up or anything.

Reaction score
Nebula was made in 3.75"? I would like to get Sharon Carter and Maria Hill, but that will likely never happen.

Star Wars having slow period is why i got totally sucked into this line, and bought way too many! lol

I was really hoping to close out the 90's X-Men, one complete set of F4. And a few others oddball figs. Sad that so many were left unmade, while they went with some rather odd choices.
But it was good/great while it lasted! Guess I should be thankful, otherwise I'd still be buying them.
The 3.75" Nebula was the classic comic look which came in the SDCC exclusive with Starfox, Thanos, and Death... which is why I don't have it. I like the classic comic versions better than movie versions and really wish they'd have made a few more as well.

Reaction score

Just reloading my picture. I added Sharon Carter fairly cheaply so that was cool. With phase four starting I'm sure there will be others I'll need to add.

Reaction score
I still love the Marvel Univers action figure series but Hasbro kind of screwed it up with their comic book 2 packs making certain figures hard to get. Same with the comic book 2 packs for Star Wars figures.

Reaction score
I still love the Marvel Univers action figure series but Hasbro kind of screwed it up with their comic book 2 packs making certain figures hard to get. Same with the comic book 2 packs for Star Wars figures.

Reaction score
I loved the two packs, granted I sold off a couple of Black Panthers to cut the price down while keeping the fodder.

Reaction score
Earlier today this morning I got in in the mail, the X-Men Origins Wolverine in brown and tan outfit action figure. Much better looking than the Marvel Universe comic pack Wolverine

Reaction score
Earlier today this morning I got in in the mail, the X-Men Origins Wolverine in brown and tan outfit action figure. Much better looking than the Marvel Universe comic pack Wolverine

Reaction score
I've come close to selling off a large chunk of my collection due to uncompleted teams etc. But every time I start dividing them up, can't seem to let them go. lol

I may end up selling Galactus, as I don't have all of F4 in same outfits and colors. But saddening there. The Sentinel I'll take to the grave. Got plenty of random X-characters to compliment that one.

Reaction score
I loved having my X man displayed around the old 90s toy biz Blob figure.

Last year I filled in a few holes with characters I wasn't too into when they were initially released. This line was so good!

Reaction score
I've come close to selling off a large chunk of my collection due to uncompleted teams etc. But every time I start dividing them up, can't seem to let them go. lol

I may end up selling Galactus, as I don't have all of F4 in same outfits and colors. But saddening there. The Sentinel I'll take to the grave. Got plenty of random X-characters to compliment that one.
Are we talking about the 19" Galactus or the slightly smaller BAF? I see these on ebay and covet them, but can't pull the trigger on the prices I see.

Reaction score
To "complete" my MCU heroes I know I still need Nebula, Maria Hill, and Yondu. I could also add Ghost Rider and Deathlok from AoS, Elektra and Hellcat? from the Netflix shows. I also am aware that Odin, Heimdall, Volstagg, Hogun, Fandral, and Sif have figures in the 3.75" scale... but they don't really fit in my Comics Style group I have. Skurge, Loki, Collector and Nova are also maybes.... I don't think there are any other 3.75" heroes that I don't have that have shown up in the MCU.

Reaction score
Galactus is the Hasbro MU version w/sounds for the 3.75" line. I'm not familiar with a BAF version as I don't collect 6" scale.

I still consider Hill now and then, but the price is off putting. Always wanted Movie Heimdall as well, but again the price.

I would have liked an MAOS team in this scale too, especially Coulson. He's the one I know I cannot customize, May and Quake are relatively easy etc.

Reaction score
Wouldn't coulson be easy enough to customize with either kitbashing some MU/GI Joe figures or buying the suited body from MTF and a similar looking head?

Also, I believe he's talking about the Toy Biz Marvel Legends BAF from about 2004. Toy Biz also did a BAF sentinel that scales PERFECTLY with MU. I'm not sure about Galactus, but that sentinel runs around $200 on eBay.

Reaction score
There was a Galactus that was labeled Marvel Universe and came with a 3.75 inch Silver Surfer. That one is actually bigger than the BAF from Marvel Legends believe it or not. Wanted one for awhile. The Toy Biz Galactus is on the Right......

Reaction score
If I was talented in Customizing I'd do a Coulson for sure. I also wish they had done Mantis, Misty Knight and Colleen WIng.

Reaction score
There was a Galactus that was labeled Marvel Universe and came with a 3.75 inch Silver Surfer. That one is actually bigger than the BAF from Marvel Legends believe it or not. Wanted one for awhile. The Toy Biz Galactus is on the Right......
The box for this set was MASSIVE. I remember seeing it at TRU and a few comic shops over the years. Until I saw this pic, I actually forgot this set came out.

Reaction score
Good ol' 2010.... when our wildest dreams could come true. I've heard they are doing a Haslab Sentinel? Probably will be $400 or more. This thing was like $60, and I wasn't collecting these back then so of course I saw it and passed............. sigh.

Reaction score
Wouldn't coulson be easy enough to customize with either kitbashing some MU/GI Joe figures or buying the suited body from MTF and a similar looking head?
I haven't come across the right looking head for Phil, though I can be a bit picky. The suit can probably be done fairly easy as there were a few made in 3.75" scale. But a couple would require full body paint. And I dislike having to paint near joints. lol

Reaction score
I haven't come across the right looking head for Phil, though I can be a bit picky. The suit can probably be done fairly easy as there were a few made in 3.75" scale. But a couple would require full body paint. And I dislike having to paint near joints. lol
I just started customizing over the last few weeks and I've just conceded that basically all of my joints are going to look very bad haha.

I could have sworn there was an MTF head that was practically a dead ringer for Coulson with sunglasses in one of the more recent.. waves? Lines? Whatever they call them on their site.

Since the MCU figures didn't get a bunch of love in the the Marvel Universe line (even movie based waves had "comic series" figures, I always just displayed them mixed. If I really wanted a Coulson, I think for my own display purposes I'd want him in a shield jumpsuit, personally. Stuff like that was why the line was fun for me.

Reaction score
Vortious can help you out. He has the ML shrunken heads and a painting service.
Also Glassman who shrunk the hot toys one. That's who mine uses:

Reaction score
That's pretty darn slick, thanks for the info!
Oh, and is that one of those adventure hero figure head on Agent MAy?

Reaction score
May is actually from Vortious. I believe she is known as the “bus driver” on his site

Reaction score
So pretty excited for this kickstarter as the figure would work well for Marvel heroes:

Besides the presidents themselves that can be used with various characters (How awesome to have Cap with FDR! and X-Men with JFK!) there is also a lot of awesome secret service and generals in the mix - I can see a very easy Thunderbolt Ross and the tuxedos offer some create fodder for a formal Stark or Fury. Even the white Mark Twain has potential for Arcade!

Really hope this one succeeds and hits the stretch goals.

Reaction score
While I'm not exactly dying to get a bunch of old white men in suits, they could be useful for customizing. Especially the general outfit for Col. Rhodes that I've been after for years!