Marvel Universe

Reaction score
This is the first Avengers movie with no 4" figures being released. It looks like the kiddie line is this weird 'tweener 5" scale now.

Are there new 4" MU even being made or this line dead?
they are on "hiatus"
just those video game 2 packs are coming up

Reaction score
I'm going to be super pissed if we go through two Infinity War movies and don't get a 4" scaled MCU Thanos in full armor with the gauntlet.

Reaction score
I'm going to be super pissed if we go through two Infinity War movies and don't get a 4" scaled MCU Thanos in full armor with the gauntlet.
Your going to be pissed...... But you might have options of a 6" build a figure, 12" a chinese knockoff or cartoony looking 5" none of which will look "right" all with a completely reasonable price tag of $$$$$+$+ebay+shipping

Reaction score
Yeah, it just doesn't feel right not having a 4" line for this movie. Sad more than anything, because that is what also builds my hype for a movie. Seeing all the figures made. Yeah, there's the 6" line. But it just doesn't do it for me, not the same feel or emotion involved.

I guess I get it, not like they could do anything that pops, as they have all already been done ad nauseam.

The End of n Era.

Reaction score
WTH for? It's not like she's Jamie Madrox! :grin:

However, she is a good sculpt. Would likely make a decent base for Polaris.

Reaction score
Saw Infinity war today and just thought all the missed 3.75' opportunities, a line that could've rivalled the Star Wars range if it had been done correctly from the start.

Reaction score
a Thor Ragnarock multipack of Enchantress and Executioner for 5 bucks supposedly at Walmart stores? Hot damn. Who cares if Enchantress isnt Multiple Man, buying couple extras wouldnt hurt for customs for more female Star Wars characters or Star Trek or even repaint Enchantress for an X Man character

Reaction score
Saw Infinity war today and just thought all the missed 3.75' opportunities, a line that could've rivalled the Star Wars range if it had been done correctly from the start.
Hasbro won't do that, If you don't believe me ask Joe.

Reaction score
Just bought 3.75-inch Morbius and Rogue from Ollie's discount chain store in Johnson City, NY. $6.99 each.
There was only one peg. I left Spidey, Iron Man (comic debut armor), Black Panther, Quasar and armored Spidey. I bought some of those at Five Below a half year ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been slowly getting back into picking some of these up here and there. A few weeks back I picked up Jim Lee beast (blue) for about $8.

Reaction score
So I started picking up a few 3 3/4" Marvel characters since Star Wars is dead in the water and I have a couple questions that you longtimers might be able to answer.

I don't want movie versions of characters. I like the Comic versions. That being said, I don't really care that much whether it's a classic Iron Man with a more current Black Widow and a semi-movie style Captain America, I just want the best figures I can get. So, I made up this little collage. Note: I am not a photoshop wizard... no idea why the pic came with a black background, it is white on my screen.

Question 1) Is there a 3 3/4" Reed Richards that is bendable like this? Haven't found one.
2) What version of Captain America is the best version? See also Iron Man and Spider-Man... those seem to be the figures that have the most variations. (And I realize BEST is kind of personal taste, but I'm still interested)
3) I want to add Wolverine, but am not real fond of any of the current 3 3/4" versions of him. Suggestions?

Reaction score
1. No, there’s no bendy Reed in the MU line.
2. Personally, I think the First Avenger movie line version of comic Cap is the best looking version, though I hate the hip articulation.
3. None of the 4” Wolverines are what I would call “great”. I actually can’t give a suggestion. I’ve had to customize versions that are only so good.

Reaction score
http://www.oafe.net/yo/avengers.php I'm going to post my journey to the perfect set here. This was my first acquisition. I know it's not perfect, but it's got an 8 inch Giant Man and a 2 1/2 inch Wasp that I wanted to be part of this. An 8 inch Giant Man with 3 3/4" figures is pretty cool and the Wasp figure just makes sense.

Reaction score

Purchase #2 was this guy and I'll tell you why... He's an actual 6" Hulk.

Marvel Legends are 6" scale but Hulk in that line is too big for 3 3/4" figures. This guy is perfect. Not a perfect figure, but really nice and looks great with my other figures. If you are wondering, it's from the Incredible Hulk Movie line (the one with the steel beam).

I'll post a pic of this guy with Giant Man and a few others soon. You will see.

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
So I started picking up a few 3 3/4" Marvel characters since Star Wars is dead in the water and I have a couple questions that you longtimers might be able to answer.

I don't want movie versions of characters. I like the Comic versions. That being said, I don't really care that much whether it's a classic Iron Man with a more current Black Widow and a semi-movie style Captain America, I just want the best figures I can get. So, I made up this little collage. Note: I am not a photoshop wizard... no idea why the pic came with a black background, it is white on my screen.

Question 1) Is there a 3 3/4" Reed Richards that is bendable like this? Haven't found one.
2) What version of Captain America is the best version? See also Iron Man and Spider-Man... those seem to be the figures that have the most variations. (And I realize BEST is kind of personal taste, but I'm still interested)
3) I want to add Wolverine, but am not real fond of any of the current 3 3/4" versions of him. Suggestions?
1) Fantastic Four is severely under served in 3.75. Mr Fantastic only got crappy 3 versions, a weird overly buff Byrne era Blue and White version in one of the comic packs, and a modern era version in the FF three pack that came in the all white FF version or the Modern blue costume version. (Those 3 packs are also the only way to get Sue Richards in either blue, white, or clear variants)
2)My favorite Cap is a toss up between the comic pack with Magneto version or the Target only comic pack with the Winter Soldier, My favorite Iron Man is the classic comic version from the Iron Man 2 line, My favorite Spidey is probably the one from the Captain Britain comic pack. 2 pack with Shocker version is decent too.
3)Wolverine is tough. My favorite is probably from the Giant Size X-men Anniversary set but that set can be expensive and tough to find.

Last edited:
Reaction score

This is one of the figures I got that started it all. I got a small group of figures loose. Always loved the phasing power of Vision. Along with this I got a Dr. Strange, Namor, Silver Surfer, Falcon, and Reed Richards. Those were all just single Marvel Universe I believe.

Reaction score
I've yet to see these anywhere, never saw the iron Man Vs. Powrman. I'd definitely get the Collector set though!

Reaction score

1) see previous answers
2) personally, I like the Ultimate Captain America from wave 1 (boots don't have the big fold at the top). I think this mold was the base for a lot of other Cap figures. I'm not a big iron Man fan, so again - wave 1 worked for me. Also like someone else mentioned - the Spidey that cane with captain Britain had some added articulation that made him the most worthwhile.
3) there are A pretty fair amount of options for this guy that you should be able to have yuppie pick of the litter.

In either this thread or the Marvel Legends thread, sometine pointed out the website toyHollywood.com was a pretty helpful resource in seeing what's out there and it has links to Amazon pages, so you can have a feel for the prices certain figures go for.

Reaction score
Goldbug, are all three sets out at GameStop now?
I got mine at Meijer.
I've heard that those who ordered online when it was briefly available got Ry vs Black Widow instead. Gamestop is known for their random fulfillment when it comes to online ordering. So they also will have all 3 sets.

Reaction score

I got this set above because it had Thor, Cap and Black Widow and I liked the Silver on Black Widow instead of the gold... She's the first on the left in Goldbug's pic above. Not happy with the Cap figure though. Think I'm going to get the First Avenger Comic figure or the new sculpt Series 5 Cap figure from the Marvel Universe line. That one is a little taller I think.

I took the advice offered above and got the Iron Man 2 "Blast Off" comic figure and WOW it is a beauty. Borrowed the pic from 16bit.com because this is exactly how I will be posing him. The metallic paint is so great. I'll take some pics of my stuff soon, but work and work and work.

Reaction score
I found the Collector/Civil Warrior set at a Game Stop on Friday and I have to say the Collector is a fantastic figure. I love that he features the "older" MU articulation. He's a great representation of what that line was capable of. I'm glad for the opportunity to add him to my cosmic shelf as I wasn't able to get the Comic Con set he was originally in.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Mr. Negative.
I'll bet he doesn't get that very often.

Unfortunately, he does not have a great supervillain name. It makes it sound like his super power is pessimism.

Dr. Doom: "...and that's how we will crush The Avengers, The Fantastic Four, and the X-Men, leaving the world defenseless and ready to be conquered!"

Mr. Negative: "Nah, that'll never work."

Kingpin: "Jeeze, that guy shoots down every plan for global domination we ever come up with."

Red Skull: "I know, right? Even I have a sunnier disposition and I'm a friggin' Nazi."

Reaction score
Ya I love that collector figure.... But you need to be careful or else this happens.....

Friends don"t let friends, buy the SDCC Collect's vault or else this might happen.

What to do with Funko figures with little articulation.
​​​​​​​​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just an FYI, HTS has the 2 packs. I just bought the Collector set!
They also have 15% off Marvel.

Reaction score
Can anybody who reads Thor comics tell me if the frost giants were all drawn as individuals? What I mean is are they all very distinctly different looking?

Reaction score
For the most part they all looked similar, but some had unique attire/armor as well as weapons. As with all Comics though it depended upon the artist who drew them.