Marvel Universe

Reaction score
^^
Good to know about these being solid toys, since I plan on getting some for my son too. So far I just have Spidey, and it seems pretty well made, but it's nice to hear that about the others as well.

When it comes to the Green Goblin, I think the SHS fig has the better head sculpt, but everything else on the MU one looks better.

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'll just have to get them both in hand to make my final decision. The fall apart factor is kind of annoying but I do like how the Showdown one has more articulation.

Reaction score
newtypejuggalo said:
I did some checking in the good ol Wally computer last night. I found this. I havent seen any of this anywhere yet but I havent really searched for it. I did some checking up on the 4" Marvel figs, I'll post them as they show but some of them your guess maybe as good as mine.

Marvel Universe --- $8.44

Electro
Vision
Sunfire
Jean Grey (No idea what version)
Warpath (maybe X-Force ver. to go w/ the Wolvie)
Wolv (Maybe anoher version?)
SM House (House of M Spidey?)
Sub Mariner
Spdmn VA ??
Cyclops
Beast
Red Hulk
Thanks for posting this! I must be the only guy in the world who's favorite Marvel Comics hero is the Vision. And this last year has been a great year for him--I'm really psyched to see that he's on this list!!

And it's great timing that this list is out because I just found Iron Man (modern/red) tonight and picked him up. I was really surprised how good they look in person.

Again, thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Pvt_Party said:
LOL! Who buys figures at K-Mart? They ALWAYS charge 20% or more for toys.
I buy from Kmart when I'm looking for older figures sold out elsewhere or rarities. They occasionally have good stuff.

Reaction score
I *think* the Hulk sculpt is based on his Ultimates version. Just a guess, but it makes sense. The first Cap we're getting is the Ultimates version also.

Reaction score
As promised earlier this week, today's Photo Archive updates feature a half dozen of the new Marvel Universe figures!

There's more to come...stay tuned, true believers!

Reaction score
I found them all including variants last Saturday at Walmart in bulk(5 cases worth)but when I went back on Tues. they were almost sold out. They haven't hit Target yet but at $8.44 they can keep them. They didn't come out as good as I thought they would. Easy pass for me.

Reaction score
So far out of 2 waves i'll only be getting Black Panther and the modern Captain America.
The Comic Pack Classic Cap looks to use the modern Cap torso mold, so that is unfortunate and a pass for me!
I hope to buy only 1-2 single carded figures from each wave.
Union Jack is a definite if he looks good up close and the classic Iron Man is a must over that bad modern helmet sculpt in Wave 1.

Reaction score
Shouldn't a new toy line come out cheaper? First few waves at 6.99 and then get bumped to 7.99?

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
As for the Hulk...do you REALLY think we won't get another Hulk later on? There will be plenty of different head sculpts on this character. This particular one is loosely based on a specific artist...can you guess who?
Oh, I'm sure they'll do more... it's just a kinda bizarre choice for the first one. I love Tim Sale's work, but it doesn't quite seem to capture it. If the head weren't so skinny, I'd probably like it more as a Sale-Hulk

Reaction score
Like the GI Joe line that came out at $4.88 and skyrocketed to $7+ in a year and a half or less. Funny how popularity makes prices rise. Gas and oil goes up...everything goes up. Gas and oil come way down...everything goes up. Makes no sense whatsoever. Seriously considering calling my econ prof. from college and getting him to explain supply and demand to me again. I must have missed something 18 years ago.

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
So far out of 2 waves i'll only be getting Black Panther and the modern Captain America.
The Comic Pack Classic Cap looks to use the modern Cap torso mold, so that is unfortunate and a pass for me!
I hope to buy only 1-2 single carded figures from each wave.
Union Jack is a definite if he looks good up close and the classic Iron Man is a must over that bad modern helmet sculpt in Wave 1.
Wave 2 Cap is "Ultimate" Cap, based on the Ultimate universe version, not the modern 616 version.

Modern/Bucky Cap will be in one of those Gigantic battles packs with a giant skrull. We haven't seen pics of that yet.

Reaction score
Modern, Ultimates, Earth 616, whatever.....lets just say the non-Classic Cap! And don't get me going on the Barnes Cap!

Reaction score
I've seen photos of the Bucky Barnes Cap...it looked to be an all-new figure. The giant Skrull also looks great as well.

If memory serves, the SDCC exclusive Cap(s) are at least partially based on the Ultimate figure.

No photography was allowed, but hopefully we'll see images soon.

Reaction score
Blight said:
here's hoping for Red Skull!
Red Skull is coming in the SDCC Invaders Boxset.

WWII Captain America, Human Torch (Jim Hammond), Namor, and Red Skull.

Reaction score
Saw some of these at a nearby comic shop yesterday, for awesome prices[/sarcasm]

Big-head Punisher looks weird. I really don't know why Hasbro said "buy him now!"

Spidey looked ok, but I might wait for the Amazing Friends set. Stealth Iron Man looks like great Joe or SW fodder as a battle droid or something. Hulk (gray) looked pretty bad, and the rest of what they had were so-so. Ronin will be good ninja/Jedi/Sith-ish fodder.

Not bad overall, but none that I REALLY gotta have anytime soon.

Reaction score
I know a store in my area that apparently doesn't have collectors visiting anymore. Over a week ago they put out a case of Marvel Universe and what I left behind was still available as of yesterday. I ended up picking up the flame on Human Torch after all...

Reaction score
Saw some of these this morning at K-Mart.
They look so tiny along with the package. I guess I'm so used to seeing the larger Marvel Legends figure collecting dust on the pegs.
I'm so glad they switched to this smaller scale, though I feel it may be a year before we see better looking sculpts!

Reaction score
There already seems to be a noticeable improvement in sculpts just in wave 2 and 3. I get the impression wave 1 was an attempt to get as many uses as possible out of the same body mold, so they could have a strong opening, and now later waves seem to have more unique sculpts in them. (Hulk, Green Goblin, Thing, Hand Ninjas, etc)

There's very few from wave 1 that I'm getting. Just Panther, Daredevil, and Bullseye.

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
They look so tiny along with the package.
I think Hasbro made a major mistake by packaging these essentially the same way the DC 3.75" figures are packaged and by that I mean very little card visible with mainly bubble and a centered figure. The GI Joe carded figures are without a doubt the most visually appealing and I don't understand why they didn't want to showcase the full body art of Frank Cho. The little cards inside show the full art that of course gets cropped on the card. Think if they pushed the figure to the side and had the art on the other like the Joes how cool that would look.

Reaction score
BryanSimmons said:
Warsaw_Wonder said:
They look so tiny along with the package.
I think Hasbro made a major mistake by packaging these essentially the same way the DC 3.75" figures are packaged and by that I mean very little card visible with mainly bubble and a centered figure. The GI Joe carded figures are without a doubt the most visually appealing and I don't understand why they didn't want to showcase the full body art of Frank Cho. The little cards inside show the full art that of course gets cropped on the card. Think if they pushed the figure to the side and had the art on the other like the Joes how cool that would look.
Well.. with the figure being centered on the package I'm hoping that they start throwing in more / better accessories to make use of the space. Joes that come with a larger than normal accessory doesn't look as good to me as the smaller / typical bubbles.

I have no desire to collect this line carded... probably wouldn't no matter how cool the package looked. I think for comic book figures the best style of card art is to have the back drop be a comic book and have the figure on the card match so it looks like the comic book is coming to life, from 2D to 3D.

Reaction score
NeoMikomi said:
I think for comic book figures the best style of card art is to have the back drop be a comic book and have the figure on the card match so it looks like the comic book is coming to life, from 2D to 3D.
While I agree with you, I will say that had Hasbro gone with a Joe-style card for Marvel Universe there would have been more then a few figures where I'd buy doubles - one to open and one to keep carded. As it is now, I'll just de-card them and make 'em loose.

Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of these now but no Deadpool and no wave 2 yet so I'm hanging tight for now.

Reaction score
The Hasbro Fury Files website is now live. You can enter codes and get more files.

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/furyfiles/
http://hasbro.promotions.com/furyfiles/init.do

Also, since they left the names of the 'Classified' final 5 for 2009 exposed when you right click on them... here's what's in the final wave of the year. Sounds pretty good.

Wave 5:
Electro
Spider-Man 2 (Hopefully Ben Rielly)
Guardian
Iron Man Silver (I'm betting Silver Centurian)
Sub-Mariner

Guardian and Sub-Mariner also help confirm the Wal-Mart computer list.

Reaction score
So the only villains that we're getting are Bullseye, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Red Hulk, Hand Ninja, and Electro? Those guys are going to have their work cut out for them.

I glad to see so many Spider-man villains. I'm only going to collect the Spider-Man related characters.

Reaction score
And Thunderball, Magneto, and Klaw in the secret wars comic packs. Not to mention any battle packs that haven't been revealed yet. There's the Hydra soldier that was shown whose pack hasn't been revealed yet.

Reaction score
And don't forget about the Red Skull in the SDCC multi-pack. I think the villains are actually pretty well represented this year.

Reaction score
I don't see any reports of the Wave 2 MU figures (Captain America, Hulk) showing up at brick-&-mortar retail.
Anybody see these at Wally, Target or TRU, yet?

Reaction score
BryanSimmons said:
And don't forget about the Red Skull in the SDCC multi-pack. I think the villains are actually pretty well represented this year.
Yeah, and the Sentinal, possible Galactus, and Giant Skrull figures as Wal-mart exclusives.

I'm curious where the modern Thor shown at Toy Fair went. Is he in an unknown Battle-pack? Collosus is likely from the Secret Wars packs.

They mentioned something about packaging the army builders together. I wonder if we're getting a Hydra, AIM, other terrorist organization pack, and maybe a Kree, Skrull, Sh'iar pack?

Reaction score

The FURY FILES are now unlocked!

So far, it looks like only series 1 codes will work, and they open up some more secret reports on the specific character. I got some funky results from the codes for Series 2, so I'm guessing they're not ready yet.

Reaction score
Warsaw_Wonder said:
I don't see any reports of the Wave 2 MU figures (Captain America, Hulk) showing up at brick-&-mortar retail.
Anybody see these at Wally, Target or TRU, yet?
My local Super Wal Mart apparently got both Wave 1 and Wave 2. By the time I got there, the only figures from Wave 2 left were Green Goblin, Gray Hulk, Iron Fist and Ronin. I got all but Iron Fist because of poor paint apps. Wasn't going to pick up a Hulk this go 'round but the Gray Hulk impressed me enough that I wanted to pick it up and I'm happy I did. Also, watch out on Ronin for the gold paint - I noticed a few that didn't look good but I did pick one up that had good paint.

Reaction score
DarthZylek said:
I went to my local target this morning hoping that they put these out, but...nothing!
none of my targets even have them in the back- reportedly they are to be shelved 3/22 with a spring aisle reset