Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
IDK, the trailer didn't really appeal to me and looks to be the first MCU D+ live action series I'll be skipping.

On a different note I recently saw the news that popular SK star Park Seo Jun was added to the cast of The Marvels, though his character hasn't been revealed yet the rumor is that he'll play Amadeus Cho. Will be interesting either way as a fan of his work, be cool to see him in a Marvel movie.

Reaction score
About, Spiderman-No way home preview, Can I say that as Dr. strange was performing that spell, that Peter's motormouth caused the spell to go wrong? The spell needed silence to go right?

Reaction score
While it's certainly possible and what what we're suppose to assume, I think trailers are always out of context of the actual movie and can often be meant to be a misdirect. I personally wouldn't think Peter's motor mouth would cause a "Sorcerer Supreme" to foul up a spell. That said, it is a complicated one and he was warned by Wong. Plus Strange is still learning himself as I tend to forget he was gone for 5 year, so he technically only has 4 years of training under his belt. So it's totally possible the spell itself is simply too complicated to perform successfully given all the factors at play, and I have a feeling there's a lot more going on than just the spell, but we'll see.

Reaction score
Thank you for educating me! but wonder if, since the spell has to do with Peter's past and future and Peter was right there with Dr. Strange while he was performing the spell, that Peter's essence, thoughts, fears contributed to the outcome of the spell and that's why Strange told him to be quiet, or maybe the Dr. was unsure and distracted because the spell was forbidden? maybe that Dr. Strange was from that multiverse place, why is the Sanctum frozen? I'm just guessing.

Reaction score
Had a weird thought the other day that what if one of mysterio’s henchmen was a sourcer? That guy could be the Dr Strange that we see.

Reaction score
I guess no one is watching Hawkeye?

No Way Home is certainly looking to be a lot going on, and a lot of fun too. I honestly don't know what to make of it now and how it will leave things to be resolved in Dr, Strange 2.

Reaction score
Maybe we need to look at how many outcomes will be instore for Peter? I hope to see the movie! I want to see Hawkeye too.

Reaction score
I'm watching Hawkguy.

it's got a sort of 'batman and robin' vibe.
(where having a young sidekick causes the dark moody hero to lighten up).

Reaction score
I think this Hawkeye show is bringing a bit of depth to Renner's Hawkeye, which is welcomed. I'm not sure how they're going to wrap this show up with so much in the air at the moment. I wish these shows had more episodes. It seems like WandaVision had a good flow, Falcon and WS was a lot of buildup and not a lot of bang (still really liked the backstory a lot though), Loki was just weird enough to be super fun throughout.

I'm liking the addition of Bishop and Echo and just keep praying we see D'Onofrio before this is over.

Reaction score
No spoilers here but I can't wait for Episode 6. The beginning of Episode 5 was one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile and the details of this episode set up perfectly. Loved Ep 5. Can't wait to discuss with everyone... you that have seen it know what I'm talking about.

Reaction score
No spoilers here but I can't wait for Episode 6. The beginning of Episode 5 was one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile and the details of this episode set up perfectly. Loved Ep 5. Can't wait to discuss with everyone... you that have seen it know what I'm talking about.
Does this mean we will be seeing a debut we didn’t see coming? Hope so.

Reaction score
Let’s try to be spoiler free
  Spoiler:  

free
uCmOz6a_d.webp

Reaction score
Watched No way Home and have to say that it was pretty good and all the stuff I thought might be fluff or distract from the story worked very well.
I did have a couple issues though, most notably one that deal with the reason for the whole plot but in hindsight make sense at the end and what's happening to the character.

Spoiler:  
That said, if two really smart people are involved I would have thought that when casting the spell you would wish for people to forget that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, not to totally forget all Peter Parker including Happy who dated his aunt. What an awkward/sad scene there between those two at the grave site. I mean did Aunt May not have any pictures of her Nephew laying about for Happy to see? Look I get this seems like an easy way to have Spider-Man exit the MCU and thus no one remembers that Peter ever existed here, but then at the end is shows him being Spider-Man in his own Universe so I don't get the significance in only forgetting Peter.

Otherwise everything else seemed to be handles pretty well considering all the characters involved, I though it was going to border on being campy and simply be too much going on but it wasn't. Each "cameo" had a narrative purpose for being there rather than just "oh it's me form that other Spider-Man Movie!" situation just for a neat homage. SO I give major credit to the Director for being able to pull all of this off.

Now the wait for DR. Strange 2 to see how it all plays out.

Reaction score
Overall I liked it but one thing did bother me…
  Spoiler:  
Seems like the first 1/2 they weren’t really addressing the elephant in the room, with actual fallout of SM2 ending, at least not in a meaningful way. & their answer was a giant reset button that could be used to back-out of any future story.
Seems like a complicated solution for a short term goal as it’s just a matter of time before someone else figures out who Spider-Man is.

Reaction score
it was almost like a "Spiderman's Greatest Hits" mixed tape -- it gave too many flashbacks to movies I had already seen.

like for example... I'm pretty sure they actually re-used the exact same footage of the lizard-turning-back-into-connors, that we already saw in ASM1 -- they didn't even bother to bring back the original actor -- they just used a CGI lizard for the entire movie, and then they threw in some "stock footage" left over from the final scenes of ASM1, (which wasn't that great, the first time we saw it).

same with the sandman... I don't think they brought back the original actor for this character either(?)... they just used a CGI-sandman for the entire movie, and then re-used some stock footage from SM3 at the very end. so they basically "rehashed" the exact endings of those other movies (c/w "stock footage" pulled directly from those old movies) and let's face it: those movies weren't that great, the FIRST time we saw them. (so they didn't really add anything of value into the mix).

simply put: I was having flashbacks, to movies that I didn't enjoy.

which brings us to the actual "spider-men" themselves. IMO, tom holland is the best of the bunch -- the other two, each had some serious flaws (to the point of being actually mis-cast in the role) IMO -- so combining them ALL into one movie, only serves to "dilute" the overall experience, which only makes it worse (not better).

it's like diluting vodka with water and pretending that it's somehow "better" now -- or diluting gold with silver -- you're mixing in something with LESSER value.

my daughter was over the moon, seeing all three actors on screen at the same time. but for me, it just reminded me of all the flawed SM movies that had come before it (c/w rehashed "stock footage" pulled directly FROM those flawed old movies).

(old movies that are better left in the past. IMO)

Reaction score
So everyone knows I went into No Way Home dubious. I've repeated often that Far From Home ended on the PERFECT set-up for Kraven (and potentially Chameleon with a Mysterio return), so that was my assumption going forward. And when I started hearing rumors of actors from PRIOR Spider-Man films (some of which I didn't care for...if not most), different continuity itself, coming in...I was baffled. Downright annoyed. Then, of course, it was all confirmed that yeah...it's a multiverse movie bringing in roles from the old Sony films. I did not know what to think, all I knew was...I'd so much rather have just had a Kraven the Hunter story with Kraven tracking the now openly revealed Peter Parker.

So with that said, I went in with many apprehensions. And much to my surprise, I came out...LOVING IT! This series, IMO, has easily produced the three best Spider-Man films.

SPOILERS:

Spoiler:  
I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY DID IT! Freaking Matt Murdock played BY Charlie Cox was Peter's legal adviser! I FLIPPED SH*T! My BIGGEST HOPE was that he'd show up and he DID! That was the cameo I PERSONALLY was most locking forward to potentially happening as I STILL believe Netflix DD is the best thing Marvel has EVER done on screen. I even called it eons ago, that if my Kraven prediction came true...have Matt be Peter's lawyer to clear his name of being Spider-Man. And while every prediction for the follow-up to Far From Home was wrong...at LEAST my DD idea came true. When Kingpin showed up in Hawkeye, which I def. felt they were planting seeds to him anyway, that's when I thought "Oh my...the DD rumors for No Way Home may BE true after all!" Now Fisk's back and Matt's back; BRING ON MORE DAREDEVIL!

I can't believe how much I enjoyed this considering I was NEVER big on Raimi's films. I always particularly liked Doc Ock in Spidey 2 and the films have their moments, but I always felt Raimi played them far too campy - as Raimi often does. There were just a lot of cringe moments in those flicks for me. Too many. Then the Amazing films were...well...far less then amazing. I do think those have the best swinging sequences and I quite enjoy the quip attitude of Andrew's Peter, but the plots themselves are lousy - especially the second one. I always had issues, some more and some less, with the prior Spidey movies.

But in MANY ways, this movie kind of MENDS the flaws of the former. A great example is Green Goblin. Willam played Norman wonderfully, but that suit and some of the dialogue? Ugh! Why would they put a brilliant actor in a stupid power ranger helmet that OBSCURES his face? It always baffled me. You don't HIDE his expressions; Not with an actor of that caliber! Well this time the film fixes that which was broken. The NEW Norman Goblin costume is SO MUCH better and frankly, I've always joked that honestly...Willam is so scary looking IRL (no offense to the actor but he's kind of terrifying looking) that he looked more like the Goblin WITHOUT the mask - which is EXACTLY what they do! They break the mask. Good riddance! Goblin in this I found to be terrifying. Stole every scene he's in and truly solidifies that he's Peter's most ruthless and personal enemy.

Electro is another that received a significant upgrade from his original. Frankly, he's awful (IMO) in Amazing Spider-Man 2. In this, he's almost a completely different character. Significantly better. I also like the addition of his comic mask by not doing it straight-up as it IS a rather ridiculous mask, but rather having the electricity flowing through him into an occasional sort of pulsating starburst around his face. Neat idea to get it in there but in a non-corny way.

Lizard and Sandman remain largely the same, for the most part, but I never found them to be that bad to begin with - just in bad movies. Sandman I always thought was the best part of Spider-Man 3 and while Lizard's Amazing Spider-Man design isn't exactly great...it never bothered me as much as others. I liked a lot of Lizard scenes in that...other than the pretty B-Movie ploy to turn the city into Lizard-Men.

Then Ock...well...you don't fix what isn't broken. He's great in this and in Spidey 2.

Then of course Andrew and Tobey showing up was awesome. I mean, I think it was utterly predictable. The second they showed Molina in the trailer, I knew those two would show up as well. They were great! Andrew IMO stole it. He REALLY stood out. I particularly liked how he mentions that in his universe, he became bitter after Gwen's death and stopped pulling his punches. We never got to see that, of course, since that series got cancelled before a third one...but it's rather interesting. So when the modern MJ falls akin to Gwen and Tom's Spidey is taken out by Goblin, I knew...please...have Andrew save her. And they DID IT! You can tell, for Andrew's Peter it's cathartic. It was therapeutic. Emotional! Heck he starts to almost cry. He feels redeemed. That overly-aggressive "not pulling his punches" variant of him....died in that scene. He's his true Spider-Man self reborn again.

I loved the banter between the three like when talking about the strangest villains they fought. It was really funny hearing Topher's Venom and Paul's Rhino mentioned even though they're not physically in it. I also loved the pull aside of Tom saying "I've worked on a team! The Avengers!" "That's great! Who?" "Is that like a band?" LMFAO!

I was UTTERLY shocked they killed Aunt May. I oddly never saw that coming...but it was a nice reversal on Uncle Ben and the "With Great Powers Comes Great Responsibility" motif. Nice to at least hear it verbatim despite it basically already being said in the series just in different terminology. Man this is a shockingly TRAGIC movie. I can sincerely say, I have no idea where they're going to go from here...but what I DO know is...my GOD is the new DEAD ON COMIC costume SANS Stark tech (yeah it was fun...but I'm glad to see it go and see him relying on HIS OWN abilities) awesome! A tragically beautiful ending.

The fight scenes are excellent - The Doc Ock highway fight, the fight in Happy Hogan's apartment (especially the Goblin stuff in there), the trio working together? Excellent stuff!

I never felt the film went 'memberberries like Ghostbusters: Afterlife or modern SW can sometimes do. Everything that's "nostalgic" isn't there for a remember me, it's organic and relevant to the plot itself.

NITPICKS: I have a few minor issues.

1. Strange is great...but a tad bit off character IMO. I'll get into specifics later. It's hard for me to buy that Peter could...EVER...best Strange let alone for 12 hours. I mean, fine, I can role with it but it's just a bit of a struggle for me.

2. So if it was bringing in people who knew Peter was Spider-Man from across alternate dimensions, why is Electro there? He never learned Peter was Spider-Man. Ah screw it...it's a whatever IMO.

3. Uncle Ben. I'm rather annoyed that at May's grave, it DIDN'T show Tom's Uncle Ben's grave NEXT to hers. I mean, I know they wanted to avoid retreading what everyone knows with the first two films, but I think it was the PERFECT TIME to FOR REAL acknowledge Tom's Ben and how Ben's death caused him to become Spider-Man. Because we DO know, albeit vaguely, he too had an Uncle Ben. I think it was finally the perfect time to show it...and they didn't. That is my biggest gripe. Instead we get another reminder that Iron Man is dead. NO! I want Uncle Ben, especially now that NO ONE knows who Peter even is...he's HIMSELF now. Not Iron Man's sidekick, not Strange's buddy, he's SPIDER-MAN at last. Swinging solo! What better time to remind you of why he BECAME this hero than to show Ben's grave WITH May's and have him talk to BOTH?

There's probably so much more I could say, I'll likely do another post. But I'm shocked that me going into this I was SO dubious and coming out I enjoyed it SO much!

P.S. So the end credits scene? I can see it ticking some people off. How Venom, that being Tom Hardy's Venom indeed did get transported to that universe but wasn't used in the film itself...and when he does decide to get involved he's transported back to his universe. It's kind of odd they did that...especially when you consider it's the Sinister SIX that's iconic. I assumed there's be a SIXTH secret villain, but there's really not. I can't deny though, I'm GLAD Hardy's Venom wasn't truly in it as I think those movies are bad and just couldn't gel with Tom's Spidey at all. But with that said, the reason I'm really bringing this up is obvious...so THAT'S how they get the symbiote into to MCU!

Last edited:
Reaction score
So everyone knows I went into No Way Home dubious. I've repeated often that Far From Home ended on the PERFECT set-up for Kraven (and potentially Chameleon with a Mysterio return), so that was my assumption going forward. And when I started hearing rumors of actors from PRIOR Spider-Man films (some of which I didn't care for...if not most), different continuity itself, coming in...I was baffled. Downright annoyed. Then, of course, it was all confirmed that yeah...it's a multiverse movie bringing in roles from the old Sony films. I did not know what to think, all I knew was...I'd so much rather have just had a Kraven the Hunter story with Kraven tracking the now openly revealed Peter Parker.
I'll say this much, if he was 100% staying in the MCU then yes I would have preferred a Kraven storyline. In a sense that Kraven was out to bring him to justice, but he has always been a Hunter for the sheer sport of it and especially liked optimal prey like Spidey. So it may not have really worked out well, and maybe it's best to save him for something later. That said, I enjoyed what they did while trying to leave things ambiguous just in case a new deal could be worked out later between Sony and Disney to keep him in the MCU full time. Otherwise I feel they would have definitely ended this movie differently.

SPOILERS:

Spoiler:  
I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY DID IT! Freaking Matt Murdock played BY Charlie Cox was Peter's legal adviser! I FLIPPED SH*T! My BIGGEST HOPE was that he'd show up and he DID! That was the cameo I PERSONALLY was most locking forward to potentially happening as I STILL believe Netflix DD is the best thing Marvel has EVER done on screen. I even called it eons ago, that if my Kraven prediction came true...have Matt be Peter's lawyer to clear his name of being Spider-Man. And while every prediction for the follow-up to Far From Home was wrong...at LEAST my DD idea came true. When Kingpin showed up in Hawkeye, which I def. felt they were planting seeds to him anyway, that's when I thought "Oh my...the DD rumors for No Way Home may BE true after all!" Now Fisk's back and Matt's back; BRING ON MORE DAREDEVIL!
  Spoiler:  
I never really got caught up in that hype for Murdock but it was kind of neat to see him cameo, although I will say it felt unneeded as it could have been any Lawyer. The fact it was him seemed almost forced considering the circumstances.

Spoiler:  
I can't believe how much I enjoyed this considering I was NEVER big on Raimi's films. I always particularly liked Doc Ock in Spidey 2 and the films have their moments, but I always felt Raimi played them far too campy - as Raimi often does.
  Spoiler:  
See i thought it was fine because Spider-Man has always had a little camp in it going way back to the old live action TV series as well as the His Amazing Friends series and could even be that way in the comics, it's the nature of his character IMO.

Reaction score
Spoilers weren't working for some reason in my last response?? so I axed it.

Agree with all above. I need some time to decompress and maybe see it again before I can truly discuss. So much going on.

Spoiler:  

It was seriously impressive to pull off a movie with Doc Ock, Lizard, Sandman, Goblin, Dr. Strange, 3 Spider-men, and still have a story that could have some very personal moments with May, Happy, Ned, MJ.... I was just spinning trying to take in all the implications of what I was seeing.

I had 1 takeaway that still bugs me. The whole idea of Dr. Strange playing with powerful spells to help a couple teenagers get into college bothers me. I like Dr. Strange, but he was just WAY off in this. It takes a lot to make Cumberbatch feel stiff/flat/almost goofy and while I didn't dislike his scenes... it seemed too cavalier of him to just start a spell before he took into consideration the implications. Peter feels so much responsibility for all this, but in the end it was Strange playing God that caused the problem. I guess we'll see the ramifications soon.

The addition of the other 2 Spider-men felt really good to me. They gave Garfield a chance to redeem himself a bit (saving the girl). They gave Maguire a chance to be a bit of a mentor and voice of reason which redeems him from his last movie as well. They had some fun with each other and I just treasured seeing a better version of Goblin, Electro, and Doc Ock on screen together. WHERE'S MY SINISTER SIX MOVIE COMING FROM NOW?????

Lots of fan service, but... I'm a fan and not a movie critic so I'm happy. Great ending even if we never see Spider-Man in the MCU again (we will).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now hear me out, MasterFett

Spoiler:  
I think Matt did make sense in an organic way, it's just they sort of rushed it is all. IMO they should have shows Matt going to Peter, but they seemed to imply instead that May and Peter went to Matt. I think if they showed Matt going to Peter first, it would feel a bit less forced because; 1. Matt is also a closet superhero so he'd utterly identify with the case and it would likely feel personal to him too. He'd also like to likely check it out on the chance Spider-Man could become his enemy if he was a supervillain. 2. Upon meeting Peter, Matt can TELL via his abilities that Peter ISN'T lying. He didn't kill Mysterio and would take the case and help out! 3. Matt has been shown to have a soft spot for kids. 4. DD and Spidey have a fairly decent history of teaming up. Truth is, when DD first started out in the 60's...he basically was the poor man's Spider-Man. Not quite a rip-off, but very akin. It wasn't really till Miller took on the book that DD became more his own character and less the Dollar Store Spider-Man. So while I do still think it worked and was great...I do at least wish they'd have shown HIM come for Peter as opposed to just a sudden reveal.

For the Raimi films...I don't know what it is. I get Spidey had a level of camp at times, but Raimi's whole sort of shtick is extreme ramped up camp. He loves very over-exaggerated things. It's just in all his catalogue of work and it's just a bit TOO much at times for my taste. Great example...infamous example; The strut and dance scenes in Spidey 3. Oh they're so bad they're good hysterical and totally meme worthy, but in the context of the film they're so awful. Just me, personally.

But with that said, I don't think the Raimi films are devoid of anything good. Spidey 2 especially. That's def. one that I enjoy, but I don't love it either. But I def. love a lot of scenes. Noman is wonderful in Spidey 1...I just HATE the costume and a lot of moments are way too cornball (with or without GG) for me. I remember when it came out, I was in HS and everyone loved it...and everyone knew I was THE comic guy in HS - this was way before superheroes were "cool." So everyone came up to me asking my take and I'd say, truth is, I didn't really like it that much. I got downright crap for that form months! So glad they revamped that costume to show his facial expressions though. Then for Spidey 3, the weak link of the first trilogy, I really hated...but? I can't deny, when Flint Marko aka Sandman "wakes up" after the accident? IMO that scene is GREAT!

Last edited:
Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
The film had a lot of Meta moments which made it fun, But it’s not fun to see the reset things won’t matter later. That part didn’t sit well with me.

Now Matt in the MCU is very welcomed from anyone who likes any of the “did they disown” media. It was a nice intro without trying to bring in the Defenders to “save” Spider man in his own movie.

Also Happy also played Foggy Nelson in the Fox Daredevil movie (more Meta) which was a fun nod.

We will likely see Daredevil & the punisher at some point & Marvel lays the breadcrumbs really well for future projects.

Spoiler:  
Also Boba Fett is now in the MCU. Don’t click on spoilers unless you have seen the movie/show

Reaction score
I agree with masterfett...

the Matt Cameo seemed like a shoehorn.
I mean, we all said it when far from home ended: Peter's gonna need a really good lawyer (and wouldn;t it be cool if that lawyer was Matt).

so the very fact that 'Peter's gonna need a really good lawyer', really kind of goes without saying. this is something we already knew.
and yes! we ALL thought Matt would show up in this movie and BE peter's "really good lawyer"....

....but instead Matt just shows up and says "Peter's gonna need a really good lawyer" :p LOL
I mean, "Thanks, Captain Obvious" (I guess).

he just showed up to state the obvious, and then, we never even saw this issue addressed after that.
(he didn't actually DO any lawyer-ing -- so -- WHY was he even THERE?)

oh yeah. fan service. and MCU world building.
which in this case had nothing to do with the actual story at hand -- (since they didn't actually GO anywhere with it) -- Matt's presence didn't further the plot of this movie.

it was just: "hey look... Matt's in this movie... cool... what's he gonna DO? hmmm. apparently nothing. well, ok then."
(he JUST showed up to catch a brick).

...it seemed kind of forced.

Last edited:
Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
It was funny because ironically Matt isn't a good lawyer....

In the Netflix series, he pushes to take the Punisher case, When absolutely no one wants it. (Yes go watch this storyline., if you haven't already) but because he is off doing Daredevil stuff, he is MIA for most of the actual trial. So him saying that Happy will need a really good lawyer is really funny because he is kind of acknowledging that he's not.

Reaction score

like for example... I'm pretty sure they actually re-used the exact same footage of the lizard-turning-back-into-connors, that we already saw in ASM1 -- they didn't even bother to bring back the original actor -- they just used a CGI lizard for the entire movie, and then they threw in some "stock footage" left over from the final scenes of ASM1, (which wasn't that great, the first time we saw it).

same with the sandman... I don't think they brought back the original actor for this character either(?)... they just used a CGI-sandman for the entire movie, and then re-used some stock footage from SM3 at the very end. so they basically "rehashed" the exact endings of those other movies (c/w "stock footage" pulled directly from those old movies) and let's face it: those movies weren't that great, the FIRST time we saw them. (so they didn't really add anything of value into the mix).

Just a quick note, both of those roles were reprised by their Original Actors, at least for the voice work. As for potentially reusing stock footage of them in their "Human" forms, well, they were already spending so much money on digitally de-aging both Dafoe and Molina to closer match their appearances, I'm not surprised at all they decided to save a little on the budget by leaving those two in their altered forms, but with the original actors doing new voice over work, and just paying the license fees to reuse the old footage rather than spend the money to de-age them for new footage.

Reaction score
Watched Hawkeye last night and was able to binge the whole season in one night starting at 6PM, something about that just isn't right. lol
Overall just okay, parts were cool others not so much. I'm guessing this is the last we see of Clint Barton as Hawkeye, and it kind of makes sense since he's definitely showing signs of wear and tear on his body and mind. Granted I wasn't the biggest fan of his character anyways, but something about seeing the OG MCU Avenger characters become a bygone era feels, well.. gone.

Kate Bishop seems like an alright character but something about her just feels odd/indifferent, I don't know how she'll fit in with the rest of the new MCU roster if they're not doing Young Avengers. Honestly I always felt Clint and Natasha were out of place amongst Thor, Hulk, Cap and even Iron Man when fighting Villains like Ultron or Thanos. These are the operatives you call in when you need espionage on normal average people like Von Strucker or Klaw etc. I just can't buy a 100 pound girl defeating several 230 pound thugs in hand to hand combat, it's simply not logically going to work in her favor physically even with a black belt. Now adding trick arrows will certainly level the playing field to some extent, but when she went up against Kingpin and didn't seem to have any broken bones from being tossed into concrete walls that's a stretch of the imagination I cannot make.

Reaction score
I found it funny that we last see Spidey swinging over Rockefeller Center, probably just a couple days before Hawkeye and Co. show up there. That scene was not an accident.

Reaction score
Which is odd in a way, knowing all that went down and not a mention of it? Also while it was neat to have Spidey almost on his own for once it also felt weird, that a threat that big wasn't noticed by any other Avengers. I guess it was Strange's ego that thought he could handle it without any assistance.

I sometimes wonder what exactly is an Avengers level threat and one that isn't. lol

Reaction score
Thunderbolts: US Agent, Yelena, Zemo, Ghost, possibly Abomination, Bucky?... I mean this is something that is happening.

Young Avengers: Kate Bishop, Cassie Lange, Wiccan and Speed, Eli Bradley, Ironheart, America Chavez, Kamala Khan... I mean... How many more hints do we need? This is where we're going.

Hailee Steinfeld is a wonderful actress and we should hope she's around for awhile.

Reaction score
Please help, going back in time to Avengers, End Game, could someone tell me how Capt. America can handle Thor's Hammer? What did I miss?

Reaction score
Please help, going back in time to Avengers, End Game, could someone tell me how Capt. America can handle Thor's Hammer? What did I miss?
In Age of Ultron, they were playing a game to see if anyone could lift the Hammer, (Were they worthy?) Steve managed to nudge the hammer, Implying that he was potentially worthy but not for the sake of a game. It wasn't until he tried to save all existence that he tried to pick up the hammer.

Reaction score
Yeah... you could make a list of 100 things that the MCU did well and Cap being worthy of Mjolnir is likely top on that list.

I'd include Spider-Man's introduction stealing Cap's Shield, Giant Man in Civil War, Thanos' snap, Hulk smash in Avengers (from 'always angry' to 'puny god'), Maguire-Garfield-Holland together.... those are all easily 6 of the top 10 moments for me.

Reaction score
jawa said:

it goes back to this scene from Thor#1:

"..whomsoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.."

Mjolnir doesn't JUST respond to Thor -- it responds to -anyone- who is "worthy" of Thor's power.

(this will be a plot point in the next movie, where Jane Foster picks up the hammer, and becomes the new Thor)

Last edited: