Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
While it should be taken with a few grains of salt, I heard that the plot of X-Men is supposedly based on Astonishing story line and team. Which i guess at this point in time might be nice for a totally fresh take and kind of allude to them being around quite a while but I'm honestly not too keen on that line up nor the character traits of a few of them. I honestly can't imagine they'd introduce us to MCU's X-Men that way and is something that feels like it should be built up to, or an alternate universe take.

Then again I think I'm looking forward to the 90's run in live action more than anything, though i don't really see them going that route either.

Reaction score
Well...I've just reached a point where I'm asking myself why I'm even still watching Shehulk. This latest episode was another stinker IMO.

Reaction score
It's not the best but it's content. I feel like they're going to save any substantial "fights" for the last episode. Until then I'll just wait for Daredevil. Whatever. I already pay for D+

Reaction score
I stopped at EP 3 or 4, can't recall. Just wasn't for me and I don't consume subpar content just because it's there.

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for DD just to get a general estimated sense of if they will or won't butcher him come his reboot. Once he does show, I'm out. Odds are he'll be the LAST episode though just to keep the DD fans like myself tuning in. Truth be told though, I'm not really sure how much I can judge him off this show as opposed to with different writers during his own show...or is Born Again going to be a movie? I can't remember which.

I dropped Mrs. Marvel two episodes in and have no interest in finishing.

Reaction score
While I'm not sure they'll straight up butcher DD, he's definitely not going to be the same "violent" character we saw in the Netflix series. My take is he'll simply be more watered down version in that sense but character wise he should still do a great job being Matt Murdock. Although I'm sure it's possible that some liberties might be taken in regards to how he's portrayed in an attempt to separate it from his Netflix version, so a change in nuance and the toning down with the on screen violence is all I expect to be different in addition to a slightly different looking outfit.

I think it's the surroundings that matter most with this show and how they choose to go, will they keep a serious tone with some lightheartedness sprinkled in or lean more towards the silly jokey stuff?

Reaction score
I don't think they'll butcher or water-down Daredevil. He'll be the same character but in a different context. If he doesn't have a reason to brutalize some thugs, then why would he? I hope since they feature him in the most recent trailer that he'll have an active role in the series. Also re: violence in D+ shows, we should remember how John Walker straight up beat a guy to death with Captain America's shield. Now, will Daredevil on D+ feature human traffickers and Punisher-style violence? Hard to say. The fact that they even stream Punisher is insane.
While I'm not sure they'll straight up butcher DD, he's definitely not going to be the same "violent" character we saw in the Netflix series. My take is he'll simply be more watered down version in that sense but character wise he should still do a great job being Matt Murdock. Although I'm sure it's possible that some liberties might be taken in regards to how he's portrayed in an attempt to separate it from his Netflix version, so a change in nuance and the toning down with the on screen violence is all I expect to be different in addition to a slightly different looking outfit.

I think it's the surroundings that matter most with this show and how they choose to go, will they keep a serious tone with some lightheartedness sprinkled in or lean more towards the silly jokey stuff?

Reaction score
Here's my question: what is it you guys hated about Multiverse of Madness? Sometimes I feel like the only one who REALLY liked it. Often I just hear complaints about not enough cameos which I think is totally unfair. But I do also hear about Wanda's total villain turn, but I don't really get why people were shocked. I saw that coming a mile away. Plus it explains it's the Darkhold, it's like the One Ring...it's corrupting her. Then lastly, is it just because it leans heavily on horror...and horror is more a niche genre? I mean, it's easily my favorite movie of Phase 4.

And with that said, I don't get why people like Shang Chi so much. That one I didn't care for much at all.

And then I actually ...mostly...liked Eternals, much to my surprise. But people don't seem to like that one either.

And THEN I did like No Way Home, but I do find it very overrated. I still wish the third film in the series had just been a more traditional Spidey story and had played off of what was CLEARLY set-up at the end of Far From Home - a Kraven story with Peter on the lamb and being hunted. I of course can only theorize, but I feel fairly confident in saying that that was the original plan...and Sony play the "We had a deal" card and came in and insisted on a Multiverse thing to promote THEIR (former) Spider-Man movies.
Answering your first question with a question. What is the Multiverse? If you can explain what it is in the MCU then congratulations... and that in a nutshell is my problem with anything TIME related and especially Multiverse of Madness.

I'll go all the way back to Ant-Man and the Wasp. The Quantum realm gave us a place that was essentially "out" of time and space. Janet VanDyne spent a good amount of time there and her time showed. She also gained some sort of Quantum Energy powers. Ghost may be the first character that we've seen that has a problem with multiverse actually. Her issues aren't well defined, but they are Quantum Energy related. Scott Lang spent 5 years there... which was apparently just a short time to him ... and he is just fine. Ok, great.

Apparently the Quantum Realm gives us access to time travel also, so End Game has Avengers racing through time to take Infinity Stones back to their reality, which in turn will need to be returned to their original timelines. You can essentially see this in Loki as branches of the "Sacred Timeline". When the stone is returned (apparently in the case of the Soul stone Cap chucks it at his arch nemesis and screams no takesies backsies and splits) the branch is 'pruned'? Is that correct? The TVA has existed for this purpose for years but the Avengers were supposed to do this I guess. If Kang knew Thanos was going to mess something up, why didn't he do something? Is the TVA IN the Quantum Realm?

Anyway... Multiverse!

Half of existence comes back online awkwardly and we're done here. It's all fine here.🔥

Multiverse comes back in No Way Home. Apparently you don't need the Quantum Realm, you just need an EXTREMELY CARELESS Sorcerer Supreme. Multiverse is now focused around Spider-Man and his variants and villains. It's convenient especially where Venom is concerned. The Sony-verse needed some separation apparently, so there it is. Will we see Spider-Man continue in any form in the MCU? Who knows?

However we now get a girl that can jump universes at will... or at least at need? Where is the TVA... clearly they'd be interested. No? ok.

Dead Strange shows up in 616. 616 Strange goes to 838. Darkhold, Vishanti, Dreamwalking, Incursions, 3 eyed Strange... it's just a mess. Multiverses are falling apart but apparently the one that is in the middle of it all (616 in case you are still reading) is fine. It's all fine here.

Strange flies off with his new extra eye. Hulk is now gone too (for reasons in She Hulk). Someone mentioned Table Setting above... looks like we have a guest list of 500 there's so much table setting going on.

Reaction score
Just going to say it's sad that a character like She-Hulk has a show where I'm 1000% more interested in the cameos. The latest episode was just as banal as the rest.

I'm starting to think that if this had come out pre-Love and Thunder I might have liked it??? The tone is at least consistent, but I'm really needing some action.

Reaction score
Just going to say it's sad that a character like She-Hulk has a show where I'm 1000% more interested in the cameos. The latest episode was just as banal as the rest.

I'm starting to think that if this had come out pre-Love and Thunder I might have liked it??? The tone is at least consistent, but I'm really needing some action.
See that's a big issue I have too...it's a show about...nothing. This episode amounts to She-Hulk coming to grips with an existential quarter life crisis.

How...riviting. Yawn!

Reaction score
She-Hulk reason to watch:
Ep 1 = Hulk and She Hulk - actually a decent episode
Ep 2 = Abomination
Ep 3 = Wong and Abomination w/ pseudo Wrecking Crew and twerking
Ep 4 = Wong and Donny Blaze? (unsurprisingly Blaze is the husband of the Director) and perhaps the best character... Madisynn
Ep 5 = An entire episode of Trademark litigation and fashion... :confused:
Ep 6 = Wedding Episode o_O
Ep 7 = Man Bull, El Aguila, Porcupine, Saracen, and Wrecker

Reaction score
Yeah I actually enjoyed the first episode as well...but after that, it's been very hit or miss for me with probably more miss. I def. did love Madisynn though, I found her sincerely humorous. I also enjoyed EP4. The others, for the most part, I could leave behind. I did at least like the cameos in the latest episode, the premise in and of itself is quite clever comical (and I'm ALWAYS down for managing to somehow fit in a fun C or D Grade cornball character), supervillain reform therapy...it's just, nothing really happens much.

GNT

Reaction score
Well...I've just reached a point where I'm asking myself why I'm even still watching Shehulk. This latest episode was another stinker IMO.

I stopped around episode 3, maybe I’ll watch the rest at some point but this series isn’t really captivating.

Reaction score
I've actually mostly really enjoyed it but yeah, that last episode was a stinker.

I think it helps with Marvel stuff if I go into it with low expectations. I guess it's hard to be disappointed when you're not invested too deeply in a given character.

Reaction score
Having a quick shot in She-Hulk isn't the same as having his own show though, so I'll wait for that to decide.

Reaction score
Having a quick shot in She-Hulk isn't the same as having his own show though, so I'll wait for that to decide.
I just meant that his appearance in She-Hulk wasn't played completely for laughs. It appears he's the same guy from the Netflix series... albeit probably a little nerfed.

Reaction score
I just meant that his appearance in She-Hulk wasn't played completely for laughs. It appears he's the same guy from the Netflix series... albeit probably a little nerfed.

I'd argue that's he more powerful than he was before, and it's for the better. More comic-accurate.

Reaction score
If Andor isn’t proof that they can mantain interest in a shoe geared toward adults, nothing is. Daredevil may pick up excactly where it left off.

Reaction score
I'd argue that's he more powerful than he was before, and it's for the better. More comic-accurate.
Yeah, but isn't everyone in the MCU? lol I think the Netflix show likely wanted a more grounded feel to him as opposed to be over powered.

Reaction score
Well that was easily the best episode of She-Hulk. GRANTED I am DD bias, being my favorite Marvel hero OTHER than Spider-Man. Show has been very disappointing IMO, but this one delivered. I don't think the overall is AS bad as some say, but some episodes were def. not good IMO. Boring even. But this one was highly entertaining and Matt doesn't seem butchered. Frog Man's layer cracked me up, it felt very Batman '66. Loved it! Granted DD's a little lighter, but that's just in context to the tone of THIS show. And I didn't think he was THAT light, simply a darker more brooding character in a lighter enviroment. It's not like Matt doesn't have a sense of humor either, he def. does. He felt more swashbuckling...which was interesting to me in that that's exactly how he was in the EARLY appearances IN the yellow. So I highly enjoyed it.

I particularly liked when they showed the baton attach back with the cord. They didn't really use that much in the Netflix show. I'd love to see him swing around a bit more (I think he only did it once in all of the Netflix series) when Born Again comes around. I will say, interesting choice on the first appearance yellow look...and while I do think it's cool, it's not nearly as cool as the all red so I hope he does go back to that.

Also...everyone keeps saying "red and yellow," I always thought it was BROWN and yellow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been hearing this is one of the best episodes particular focus on legalese which the show is supposed to be about and rarely is, so I'll have to watch it sometime. Was it that last episode?

Reaction score
Well that was easily the best episode of She-Hulk. GRANTED I am DD bias, being my favorite Marvel hero OTHER than Spider-Man. Show has been very disappointing IMO, but this one delivered. I don't think the overall is AS bad as some say, but some episodes were def. not good IMO. Boring even. But this one was highly entertaining and Matt doesn't seem butchered. Frog Man's layer cracked me up, it felt very Batman '66. Loved it! Granted DD's a little lighter, but that's just in context to the tone of THIS show. And I didn't think he was THAT light, simply a darker more brooding character in a lighter enviroment. It's not like Matt doesn't have a sense of humor either, he def. does. He felt more swashbuckling...which was interesting to me in that that's exactly how he was in the EARLY appearances IN the yellow. So I highly enjoyed it.

I particularly liked when they showed the baton attach back with the cord. They didn't really use that much in the Netflix show. I'd love to see him swing around a bit more (I think he only did it once in all of the Netflix series) when Born Again comes around. I will say, interesting choice on the first appearance yellow look...and while I do think it's cool, it's not nearly as cool as the all red so I hope he does go back to that.

Also...everyone keeps saying "red and yellow," I always thought it was BROWN and yellow.
I had to rewatch that several times. I'm fine with Daredevil as they portrayed him here. I liked the grittier take in Netflix better, but him being more acrobatic and less street brawler is fine with me. I want Wolverine to be less Hugh Jackman and more short, feral, and berzerker so a new take doesn't have to be bad.

I think this is what the show has been missing for me. I just want something to happen. Things like Frogman, Man-Bull and Porcupine are silly, but they're at least comic book silly.

Reaction score
Just watched Werewolf by Night...I too forgot it was a thing till I saw this thread so thanks to Neal for the reminder.

I HIGHLY enjoyed it! In fact, that was def. one of the most enjoyable things Marvel has done in a bit. Also shocked by how...well I won't say THAT graphic, but def. graphic it was for Marvel/Disney. Really enjoyed the Universal classic horror atmosphere they aimed for. And Man-Thing genuinely surprised me. He was so much fun! Awesome to have him in the MCU now. I mean, he's one of those roles where it's like...where do you fit him in? This was a good way to do it.

I will say, I did have my fingers crossed for a Moon Knight end-credit cameo as he first appeared in Werewolf by Night comics, also was hoping for a potential Blade reference (which if there was one...I missed it completely)...but that didn't hinder my enjoyment. Blast all around.

Reaction score
Saw the Werewolf by Night special this weekend. What a breath of fresh air. I hear rumblings from fans the director of this really needs to get in the director chair for Blade now. I don't see a lot of director credits for Giacchino, so I'm not sure I agree, but certainly give this man more work!

Who do we have to bribe to get more of this? Man-Thing, Werewolf by Night, Elsa Bloodstone, Blade, Moon Knight... I just can't wait for more. I almost died when they switched it up for the ending ... clearly his composer self dreamed of this pairing and made it happen.

Reaction score
While that show doesn't interest me personally I have heard some really good things and that it is one of if not the best shows on D+. And from what I've heard it sounds like they could benefit from offering more content with a bit more seriousness to them.

Speaking of Blade I never felt they could truly adapt that character for the MCU, which might be why it's taking so long as thing keep changing, but it seems they should keep him in his own separate Universe.

Reaction score
WOW!!!

What is the deal there? I wonder if that means they are adding something to fill some dates or what? That could be a good announcement if they add some cool stuff???

Reaction score
Well we knew with the issues surrounding Blade that movie would eventually have to be pushed which then requires the others to follow suit.
I'm just wondering if Blade will actually end up being able to hold to that date with production being halted, extending schedules causes other wrinkles for all those involved who possibly have other gigs to go onto.

Reaction score
I feel like the latest and final She-Hulk thought it was so smugly clever; the writers were cheeky, but it read pretentiously insulting to MCU fans in general, in my opinion. It was extremely high and mighty. The writer might as well have outright called the average MCU fan idiots and said half of the films were uninspired and formulaic nonsense. It's not the best way to indear yourself to your peers when you're taking pot shots at your studio's other projects and creators with claims of pedestrian and generic Xerox copy scripts. It just comes off as so egotistical, as if they're so much deeper, so much better. The show, quite sincerely, practically says that via the fourth wall. I can just hear them all patting themselves on the back for being so progressive and bold enough to take on real "injustice" in the real world. You know, because there's no greater crime than disliking Lady Thor and spouting on about it in an internet forum. The creative team is so brave. And just how sanctimonious are these writers? Talk about a migraine-inducing sermon. They've literally made the antagonists the people who they, because they're so holier than thou, deem the ever so overused toxic fandom. This is such a popular Hollywood fad of late, the rather lazy and presumptuous notion that anyone who dislikes [insert minority-led show here] must inherently be bigoted. The dismissal of even so much as endulging critism is the bastion of lazy writing; don't try to fix your script, label the naysayers racist or sexist, and call it a day. Where were these sexists for Wandavision? Could it be...Wandavision was just better written and more compelling? Could it be that She-Hulk was poorly written? Of course not, these racists just hate green skin. No one could sincerely dislike our excellent and thought-provoking writing! It's not particularly wise to quite literally attack your most avid fans. Here's an idea: instead of belittling them and going out of your way to attempt to do the exact opposite of what most people want...you could instead try pleasing a majority. This does not translate to having to be derivitive. You don't have to resort to cringy self-insertion drivel and obnoxiously self-righteous and preachy fourth wall breaking to be unique and original.

So now that it's all said and done, which all the meta talk of season two is rather ironic as I find it somewhat hard to believe it'll happen, I don't think the show was quite as bad as many say. However, I will also say...it's definitely the bottom of the barrel for MCU shows IMO. It's all over the place, from brief amusement to downright terrible. Unfortunately, it rarely delivers anything above mediocrity. I gathered fleeting moments of enjoyment, some slight chuckles were had (I'm looking at Madisynn here), particularly from the Magician episode and especially the Daredevil episode, but more often I was just bored. Jen on dates; Jen has to find a new job; Jen in therapy; Jen at a wedding; Jen confronts fanboy misogyny and Hollywood algorithms, I guess? I just don't care...at all. Clearly I didn't care for this episode, but if there's anything nice I do have to say, well, I will say I did love the 70's retro Hulk spoof stuff. At the least that was charming.

What is with this contemporary need for so-called progressively modernistic creators to take on an established franchise and/or popular medium and use them as a platform to denegrate the very fan base they're supposed to be attempting to appease? It's almost as if they're trolling the fans, literally attempting to enrage them, effectively preaching that everything we loved previously is dated and incorrect and needs to be fixed. Yet every time they do this, it's only tainted by their self-insertive personal political ideologies and beliefs rather than any sincere attempt at storytelling entertainment. Didn't you know? The MCU, the one you know and love, is old-fashioned, chuvanistic, and governed and adorned by bigoted thinking! She-Hulk's here to fix that by literally calling fans out and taking the mysoginy by the horns. How completely naive! Meanwhile, really, most rational people are in the corner just asking for a fun superhero story that...I don't know...doesn't accuse their prior enjoyment of installments in the medium and, by proxy, they themselves of being awful. The Last Jedi, Ghostbusters (2016), Love and Thunder...I'm sure there are others. She-Hulk is just the latest in an increasing line of media entertainment that appears to have an agenda to attack the core audience paying to see it. It's like they want to shoot themselves in the foot.

She-Hulk also continues the ever so lovely trend of creators/actors involved in projects attacking critics via social media too. How professional. Can you imagine if George Lucas did that with all the prequel bashing? That's usually a surefire way of telling something wasn't done out of sincerity but rather with a "message" in mind.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So how about'dat Werewolf by Night? :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, it does make one wonder about Midnight Sons and if done what the team would be. I'd assume Moon Knight, Blade, Elsa Bloodstone, and Werewolf by Night...but the others are the real interesting questions. Ghost Rider? Man-Thing? Agatha Harkness? Damian Helstrom? What about Strange, Clea, and Scarlet Witch? Could any of them potentially fall in there? Would they do Brother Voodoo? I want to say, wasn't he "technically" in the first Dr. Strange and killed? I feel like they can almost retcon that as I don't think he's really mentioned by name.

Reaction score
I find it extremely odd that the only one's screaming about all those bad words are white leftists, every person of Color I know thinks it's all horse crap. And it's truly sad such a small percentage of zealots have been able to brow beat the other 98% into submission over falsities. I've also noticed a bit more racism amongst black and Asian people with Hispanics being a close second when you tally up the data, more so than it always being a white devil problem like we're led to believe. Oh and in case none of you have ever left America, you might find it's not just here and only by white people. I think you may need to stop parroting what you're being told to think and examining for yourself what's real.

Oh an final thought, hate is a two way street and two wrongs do not make a right. I see an awful lot of hate coming from the so-called "good guys" who are championing for equal rights for all when in fact they want special rights and and the power to punish anyone who does not share the same ideology. That's not what I'd call a live and let live or lets get along together type of attitude.

And it all boils down to trying to keep the Human population at odds and in disarray so no one actually sees/cares what's really going on. I guess we have twenty years of mind numbing reality TV to thank for making everyone dump and complacent, and it only amped up with additions like FB and Twitt.
Well said! I agree entirely!