Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
OK... so I want to talk about what the MCU is going to look like after the Infinity War movies.

Kevin Fiege had THIS to say recently about the next 20 movies they have that will be 'completely different'. But HOW different are we talking. You may read this as 1) a ton of recasting 2) a reboot of the whole continuity 3) New stories set in a multiverse? 4) a whole bunch of new characters... possibly younger and/or slightly different 5) anything else you can imagine...

With THIS news about the Fox acquisition, *(and both of these links are VERY recent) we can expect some of those plans have changed a bit but what do you think?

I'm listing my next 20 movies below following the 3 per year trend until 2021 where I expand to 4 (with Fox in the mix... it should expand)... discuss:

1) Spider-Man Homecoming 2 (it's been announced and is the last movie scheduled in 2019 *prediction Miles Morales introduced)
2) 2020 - Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (announced and placed here because)
3) 2020 - Black Widow (Team up with other female heroes)
4) 2020 - Doctor Strange 2 (vs. Mordo)
5) 2021 - Black Panther 2 (with teaser of Illuminati)
6) 2021 - Spider-Man: Sinister Six
7) 2021 - Captain Marvel 2 (introducing Kamala Khan)
8) 2021 - Marvel's Champions (Marvel is going to jump right in with what's hot. Ms. Marvel, Cho Hulk, Nova Sam, Miles Morales, and tease of Riri Williams Ironheart) *Nova Richard Rider will appear in the second Infinity War movie leaving his helmet to Sam.
9) 2022 - Captain America IV (Bucky Cap vs Red Skull)
10) 2022 - Fantastic 4 (vs Skrulls)
11) 2022 - Uncanny X-Men (All New)
12) 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy 4 (Original Guardians... so probably not called GOTG 4)
13) 2023 - Ant-Man & Wasp 2
14) 2023 - Spider-Man (Team up movie with New Wolverine)
15) 2023 - Namor the Submariner (Finally)
16) 2023 - Secret Invasion (I believe the Capt Marvel Movie with Skrulls will lead to this)
17) 2024 - Marvel's Champions 2
18) 2024 - Doctor Strange: Midnight Sons
19) 2024 - Uncanny X-Men 2
20) 2024 - New Avengers: Illuminati (vs. Doctor Doom)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Half of them are at least sequels to some of the newer MCU additions: 2 Spider-Mans, 2 Doctor Stranges, 2 Black Panthers, 2 Captain Marvels, Ant-Man's 3rd movie, and Guardians 3. That leaves 10 that could set up new characters, be some sort of Avengers sequels, or sequels to new characters.

Reaction score
Whatever they are, I want the next really big, watershed Marvel movie to be Secret Wars.

Reaction score
While I always thought Secret Wars would be interesting, it could get very confusing and just well ya. Also a Multiverse seems to confusing. We have to remember that these need to appeal to the average audience, not hard core comic gurus.

I think the landscape will be different simply due to the recasting issues for some of the mains, which means a focus on the new guys/gals. Like Ms. Marvel, NuSpidey, etc. At some point I'm sure they'll have to recast for Cap, Evans can't o him forever. Just like Jackman had to retire Wolverine. People age.

I'll also go on record as saying that not every character needs their own movie.

Reaction score
THIS is a good article about the future of the MCU.

It's based on what we actually know and what's been said as well as some rumors... which appear to be partially coming true if this FOX thing happens.

They say it will be different, so Secret Invasion, Secret Wars, Victoria's Secret? Who knows... but I love speculating.

Reaction score
My top notch sources say the projects include...
marvel swimsuit calendar the movie
Spiderman - Trouble
THE AMALGAM UNIVERSE
Marvel Flashpoint (Yes THAT Flash)
What If the series.

Reaction score
My top notch sources say the projects include...
marvel swimsuit calendar the movie
Spiderman - Trouble
THE AMALGAM UNIVERSE
Marvel Flashpoint (Yes THAT Flash)
What If the series.

Sounds like you've been watching too many Honest Trailers.... haha

I think with my list above the thing I really want to see most is Sinister Six, a good Fantastic 4, and Bucky as Captain America. X-men in the MCU would be fun... like Storm with Black Panther, Iceman and Spider-Man, or Woverine and Hulk, but truly Doctor Doom and Magneto are probably more essential.

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about Black panther! lol Would be cool to see Storm incorporated there.

This is strange news indeed, especially to learn they're in advanced talks. Seems like something that has been going on a while, and perhaps that is what Faige meant with some of his Landscape changing comments. I just never thought Fox would give up the Marvel license. Especially as commited as they are to Sinister Six and F4 in the face of questionable movies. But to that end why sell? They're making Money as is.
And does Disney really need what they have that badly?

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about Black panther! lol Would be cool to see Storm incorporated there.

This is strange news indeed, especially to learn they're in advanced talks. Seems like something that has been going on a while, and perhaps that is what Faige meant with some of his Landscape changing comments. I just never thought Fox would give up the Marvel license. Especially as commited as they are to Sinister Six and F4 in the face of questionable movies. But to that end why sell? They're making Money as is.
And does Disney really need what they have that badly?

It's a complicated system that determines if a movie (and by that we really mean the studio that produces the movie) makes money.

Fox probably had enough films like Independence Day: Resurgence, A Good Day to Die Hard, Assassin's Creed, Fant4stic, and Geostorm to decide maybe they didn't need a giant movie studio anymore.

It's interesting that Deadpool and Logan came out in the last 2 years and made more(gross) than any movies they produced in the last 10 years. Although according to what I see, "The Martian" and "X-Men: DOFP" did pretty well also. Still can't believe they couldn't get another Avatar done before selling.... but that's probably another reason why Disney was ready to buy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, for starters I'm not spending as much time watching streaming media anymore. At least not on Netflix or Hulu. I've had to resort to Youtube as I watch a lot of Foreign shows. And they're not available on those nor likely Disney's new service. So I'm considering ending those two services next year altogether. More so Netflix as they're due for another price hike soon. If they wanted to broaden their offerings of what i watch, then I'd reconsider. But I already know that it's very costly to acquire the Foreign titles, as well as translate them with English subs. So I'm definitely not into a third paid service. Everything that Disney and Fox has to offer that I plan to watch, I already own or plan to buy on BR anyway.

Secondly, I'm probably not in the same boat as everyone else, who want every character in one movie. I'm fine with things the way they are. It will just mean that everything will be Disney's vision, instead of having a different take on things. I'm worried about how this will affect Deadpool, as well as the possible X-Force movie.
I feel that they already have their hands full with the 1000's of existing characters in their library, now it will be even more diluted with the 1000's more.

Reaction score
I could go for a Marvel Team-Up series of movies featuring Spider-Man and...

...the Human Torch (with a younger Johnny Storm character)
...Iceman
...Ant Man
...Dardevil?

Reaction score
All the Black Panther stuff I'm seeing has me really excited. I feel like there are some surprises in this movie yet. With Infinity War and "Infinity War 2" coming, I find I'm super intrigued by how Black Panther, Capt Marvel, and Ant-Man and WASP will play into Infinity War.

Reaction score
I had thought about that the other day. That it would be neat to have Peter in College, with a cameo by Angelica and Bobby. Though I guess a full on movie about the three would be cool too!

Reaction score
One thing everyone can agree on is that, at some point, the people playing the characters now won't be playing them forever. I don't think there should be a reboot but they could take a break from some of the current main characters while they focus on others. That would let them take their time casting replacements and the transition wouldn't be as abrupt.

That said, going forward I want to see the Fantastic Four done right. I want big, Kirby-esque set-pieces, a giant, blue & purple Galactus and the Silver Surfer. I want Dr. Doom, the Mole Man and the Ultimate Nullifier, the Negative Zone, Annihilus and the Watcher.

I've mentioned before that, at some point, I want to see Secret Wars on the big screen.

The Invaders would be awesome. Set it in WWII and maybe use that to introduce whoever's going to play Captain America next.

Once DisMarvel starts doing the X-Men, I want at least one extended scene where Wolvie, Colossus and Nightcrawler go out drinking.

I absolutely want "Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut!"

I think a Power Pack movie could be great and would encourage younger kids to join the Merry Marvel Marching Society.

Several of the characters I'd like to see are probably more suited to the small screen (Netflix, not ABC), such as Moon Knight, Shang-Chi and Man-Thing (a horror/monster anthology series would be cool).

I'm not sure that there's many other characters I'm really clamoring for on the big screen. Possibly Alpha Flight, but only because I want to see a real-life version of Puck cartwheeling down the street.

Reaction score
One thing everyone can agree on is that, at some point, the people playing the characters now won't be playing them forever. I don't think there should be a reboot but they could take a break from some of the current main characters while they focus on others. That would let them take their time casting replacements and the transition wouldn't be as abrupt.

That said, going forward I want to see the Fantastic Four done right. I want big, Kirby-esque set-pieces, a giant, blue & purple Galactus and the Silver Surfer. I want Dr. Doom, the Mole Man and the Ultimate Nullifier, the Negative Zone, Annihilus and the Watcher.

I've mentioned before that, at some point, I want to see Secret Wars on the big screen.

The Invaders would be awesome. Set it in WWII and maybe use that to introduce whoever's going to play Captain America next.

Once DisMarvel starts doing the X-Men, I want at least one extended scene where Wolvie, Colossus and Nightcrawler go out drinking.

I think a Power Pack movie could be great and would encourage younger kids to join the Merry Marvel Marching Society.

Several of the characters I'd like to see are probably more suited to the small screen (Netflix, not ABC), such as Moon Knight, Shang-Chi and Man-Thing (a horror/monster anthology series would be cool).

I'm not sure that there's many other characters I'm really clamoring for on the big screen. Possibly Alpha Flight, but only because I want to see a real-life version of Puck cartwheeling down the street.

There really is a lot of room left in the MCU. Alpha Flight would be high on my list as well. All the quirkiness that would come with some of the lesser known players in the Marvel Universe should be fun. I think Black Panther will be a blueprint of sorts for characters that aren't as well known. Introduce them in an ensemble movie and then break them away into their own adventure (or team up as it seems is likely going forward).

And YES to Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends :)

Reaction score
They say it will be different, so Secret Invasion, Secret Wars, Victoria's Secret? Who knows... but I love speculating.

Starring Black Widow, Pepper Potts, Captain Marvel, Gamora, Scarlet Witch, & Agent 13...with special appearances by Agent May, Agent Simmons, Agent Daisy Johnson, & Mockingbird?!! Hey, count me in!!! ;););)

Last edited:
Reaction score

I've said it before and I'm sticking to it, I think the "original" actors will be around a lot longer than most people assume. I'm not saying they'll be signing the big multi-picture deals anymore, and we probably won't see them as much, but I don't think they're going anywhere. Downey's waffled a little bit on his future as Stark, but Hemsworth and Evans have both expressed interest in continuing to play Thor and Cap. A Black Widow movie was tentatively announced so it looks like Johansson is sticking around. Again, I'm not saying it'll be like it has been in terms of number of appearances, but I'll be really surprised if anybody "officially" leaves the MCU.

Yes to all of this.

I hope the MCU runs for another 10 years so I'm in no way looking forward to it ending. But when it inevitably does, I feel like Secret Wars is the way to end it. Just a big, unapologetic war between the heroes and villains.

I'm all for an Invaders appearance, but I think re-casting Cap and then setting a movie during the same era as First Avenger would be strange.

There really is a lot of room left in the MCU. Alpha Flight would be high on my list as well. All the quirkiness that would come with some of the lesser known players in the Marvel Universe should be fun. I think Black Panther will be a blueprint of sorts for characters that aren't as well known. Introduce them in an ensemble movie and then break them away into their own adventure (or team up as it seems is likely going forward).

And YES to Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends :)

In the right hands, an Alpha Flight movie could be another surprise hit like GOTG. It's also an obvious and easy tie-in to any Wolverine and/or X-Men movies. I'd also like to see the Starjammers.

Reaction score
Starring Black Widow, Pepper Potts, Captain Marvel, Gamora, Scarlet Witch, & Agent 13...with special appearances by Agent May, Agent Simmons, Agent Daisy Johnson, & Mockingbird?!! Hey, count me in!!! ;););)

As long as we're dreaming can we include Wonder Woman... she's probably the best looking of the bunch.

Reaction score
There really is a lot of room left in the MCU.

I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting but when it comes to the big, marquee names who can really hold a franchise, I think the bulk of them are already in play. That doesn't mean that there won't be some surprise hits but the big, sure names are already being used. There are some other characters I'd like to see incorporated (Wonder Man and Hercules come to mind), but I see those more as team players and not characters who really need their own movies.

When it comes to pure fantasizing there are some characters I'd like to see get the spotlight but I've always been a fan of the more minor, obscure characters so I don't think they'd ever be the sort to even get a Netflix series (Brother Voodoo, Machine Man, Jack of Hearts, Torpedo, Great Lakes Avengers, etc.).

I would like to see them do something with She-Hulk at some point, although I don't know whether it would be best to give her her own movie or have her be a part of some bigger movie.

Reaction score
Since they've shown that they can do movies of Space characters, an pretty well. I'd like to see something done with the Shi'ar and the StarJammers.

Reaction score

Issue #183 of Uncanny X-Men. :D God, I love that issue.

I've already got my dream casting for a new Juggy. Current WWE star Braun Strowman. Heck, half his gimmick seems like it's prepping him for the role.

Reaction score
Yes, but wouldn't it be refreshing change to cast a very small petite person, thus Leaving all the strength etc. to the Crystal?

Also, on a side note. They could have made an interesting prequel movie with them, instead of what they did with Charles and Raven.

Reaction score
When it comes to pure fantasizing there are some characters I'd like to see get the spotlight but I've always been a fan of the more minor, obscure characters so I don't think they'd ever be the sort to even get a Netflix series (Brother Voodoo, Machine Man, Jack of Hearts, Torpedo, Great Lakes Avengers, etc.).

I would like to see them do something with She-Hulk at some point, although I don't know whether it would be best to give her her own movie or have her be a part of some bigger movie.

I think the stories they decide to tell will dictate what characters show up, but I don't think it's crazy to think characters like Machine Man or Brother Voodoo could happen. Machine Man could be a cool story.

Reaction score
I can barely wait. Going to see Black Panther tonight. Gets me one step closer to Infinity War. Anyone else hoping for a real surprise character in the next few movies?

I realize this is not MCU below but:
Watching the Deadpool 2 Trailer really got me going. X-Force (thanks Masterfett) looks to be in full... uh... force in that movie. Who is there?

I've heard Zeitgeist, Rictor, Solo, and even Garrison Kane for the character on the left. Shatterstar appears to have been confirmed behind Deadpool and Terry Crews. Crews character could be GW Bridge, Hammer, Bedlam, or Sunspot?? (not my thought). THEN if you look directly behind Deadpool, there is clearly another set of legs... white. Only Nerdist has seemed to pick up on this from what I've found. Only character that they suggested was Fantomex.
ALL of this sounds awesome.

I'm hoping Infinity War gives us a surprise like Wonder Man or Ronin ... something.

Reaction score
Rumor is that it might be Hawkeye, so it certainly seems possible.
I still feel Mockingbird needs to be brought in. She's a Movie star was well as TV, so it could work.

Reaction score
Rumor is that it might be Hawkeye, so it certainly seems possible.
I still feel Mockingbird needs to be brought in. She's a Movie star was well as TV, so it could work.

Mockingbird would be an amazing addition. Adrianne Palicki is on that pseudo Star Trek show now though. I seriously just want everyone in on this. Defenders, AoS, Devil Dinosaur...

Reaction score
Have to say I'm surprised that Black Panther didn't really get us any closer to Infinity War. We have a few more characters, but it was pretty much entirely a stand alone movie. I won't spoil anything here, but I enjoyed the movie, but left the theatre slightly disappointed that we didn't get any real tie-ins... perhaps some very minor tie-ins.

Reaction score
yeah, the only real anchor was Klaue and Ross. And at times Ross felt unneeded/underused. Plus the fact they killed off another MCU Villain.

Reaction score
Well.... they moved up Infinity War a week... I guess that's one less week to wonder :)

I'm assuming it's a birthday present for me since I was born in April !!!

Reaction score
I might have stated it in this thread before but if they get Favreau back after the fox deal is said and done and they ready to incorporate those characters I want A Favreau directed Fantastic Four film it’s only right to bring him back into the fold as a director for a new phase of the MCU.

Reaction score
Not really too sure about that. Favreau did a good job with Iron Man because it was Marvel's first, so he more control over it. Now it's one big Machine that has, IMO, lost a bit of what they had. IDK, whether it's Disney or Marvel themselves that have gone this route. But as much as I like the movies, and am a Fan of Marvel. It has changed drastically from what the first IM movie was at its core. Maybe it's because of the inherent changes needed to the life of the Comic, maybe it's the direction, or the opinion/view of Faige. Who knows. But with each movie something is missing.

With the MCU on one track towards Thanos, maybe they're too concerned with that than the individual journey? Though Black panther was a good solo Movie. Or maybe it had a bigger connective tissue that I possibly missed?

Reaction score
I wanted to do a new list... so here.

1) Spider-Man Homecoming 2 (it's been announced and is the last movie scheduled in 2019 *prediction Miles Morales introduced)

2) 2020 - Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (announced and placed here because)
3) 2020 - Black Widow (Team up with other female heroes)
4) 2020 - Doctor Strange 2 (vs. Mordo)
5) 2021 - Black Panther 2 (Intro of Namor with teaser of Illuminati)
6) 2021 - Spider-Man: Sinister Six (intro to Norman Osborn)
7) 2021 - The Mighty Thor (Sif as Thor with Valkyrie, Korg, Meik, and Beta Ray Bill)
8) 2022 - Namor the Submariner (Finally)
9) 2022 - Fantastic 4 (vs Mole Man - including Hulk vs Thing)
10) 2022 - Secret Invasion (I believe the Capt Marvel Movie with Skrulls will lead to this. This will essentially be Cap Marv 2)
11) 2022 - Marvel's Champions (Ms. Marvel, Cho Hulk, Nova Sam, Miles Morales, etc.)
12) 2023 -
Captain America: Reborn (Bucky Cap, Norman Osborn and H.A.M.M.E.R.) *They could easily film these together
13) 2023 - Doctor Strange: Midnight Sons (Blade, Hellstrom, Ghost Rider, etc.)
14) 2023 - GOTG 4: (Original Guardians)
15) 2023 - Uncanny X-Men (all new cast... original X-Men Beast, Iceman, Jean Grey, Angel, Prof X)
16) 2024 - New Avengers (Cap Marvel, Bucky Cap, Ant-Man, Wasp, Falcon, Hulk, Sif Thor) *They could easily film these together
17) 2024 - Marvel's Champions 2 (Riri Iron Heart)
18) 2024 - Black Panther 3 (Intro Storm)
19) 2024 - Spider-Man: Team Up (Fantastic Four)
20) 2024 - New Avengers: Illuminati (vs. Doctor Doom - I think they surprise and bring back Stark and the illuminati then consists of Stark, Richards, Prof X, Namor, Strange, and Black Panther who could decide to pull out)

and more X-Men after 2024

Last edited:
Reaction score
I want a really well done Masters of Kung Fu. The comics were pretty darn good.

Also:
ROM
Champions could be good
Man-Thing

Reaction score
Shang Chi should totally be added to the Netflix lineup. I watched all of Jessica Jones season 2 now and I gotta say I like the show but I want more "Super" with my heroes. Season 2 should have taken things to another level after The Defenders, but the whole season pretty much acted like Defenders never happened.

I know Luke Cage season 2 is doing something more with Misty Knight and Iron Fist had Colleen Wing, so I just want to see Jessica Jones and Hellcat already. There have been a lot of characters brought in and hinted at in these Neflix shows, but I'm getting impatient :)

Beyond Hellcat or Shang Chi.... how about Moon Knight (where is he?), or I'd even like to see an eventual crossover with Runaways and/or Cloak and Dagger. Even characters like Blade, Ghost Rider, or even someone like Paladin or Taskmaster would be sweet.