Marvel’s The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

GNT

Reaction score
Marvel‘s Wandavision is now over and it’s time for a new Marvel show. Who will be watching The Falcon and The Winter Soldier?

Reaction score
I was VERY impressed by the first episode. I've got to be honest, I wasn't AS excited for this as I was Wandavision. I liked that Wandavision was attempting something different, something so outside the box. So when I saw the trailers for this, while I did think it looked cool, I wasn't blown away because it looked like more of the straight-forward, more of the same, typical superhero action fair. I was absolutely going to watch it, assumed I'd still very much enjoy it...but now that I've seen EP1...it completely exceeded my expectations in every way. Basically, if Captain America: The Winter Soldier is one of your favorite MCU movies like it is mine, you're going to love this. A+. I actually think, dare I say, I'll end up liking this BETTER than Wandavision. Plus I don't think us fanboys will overly hype theorize this one, as Wanda basically was enticing theories due to the mystery, this seems to be more a straight-forward action thriller. Of course there will be theories, but they're not going to go nearly as deeply as Wandavision.

SPOILERS:

1. I've GOT to say, that opening action scene was INCREDIBLE. That might be the most impressive action scene EVER on "television." When it finished up, I legit said "DAMN!" Fantastic stuff. Also, it was super cool seeing Batroc back. I wonder how many will recognize that's him as I don't think they mention him by name.

2. The writing is top-notch on par with the Winter Soldier movie. So well written! All the Bucky stuff, him being so PTSD haunted, was tasteful emotional, and tragic. I PARTICULARLY liked when you discover WHY he's hanging out with the older Asian man. I feel like I should have seen that coming...but I didn't. WOW! That was a powerful moment. There's a much larger theme at play here: forgiving...yourself.

3. I like seeing more of the effects of the snap and the blip. I especially like the idea of the Flag Smashers, a reference to The Flag-Smasher (whom will likely be their leader...unless perhaps it's actually Zemo) from the comics, and how they have this terroristic belief that the world was better during the snap. That's a VERY interesting concept. It also seems to be (albeit loosely) playing off of a lot of radicalized groups in contemporary real world news. I'm shocked I never even considered the usage of Flag-Smasher, so hearing that reference made me fanboy. Thus far, this is very true to the spirit of Captain America comics.

4. Sam quite literally helps save the world...the universe even...and the bank still shoots him down. How cold is that? Even in the wake of the snap, so many things have drastically changed, some things never change. I like how it felt like he's basically a vet. coming home.

5. Heeeeeere comes U.S. Agent. I'm particularly interesting in how they approach this, how far they go with perhaps even political propaganda satire. Will he be kissing babies, we know he'll be making NFL appearances. It could create for some good comedy, but I also think the Govts. perversion of what Captain America means as a symbol also can cause for some very disturbing themes. U.S. Agent isn't a "bad" guy, but his ideologies are far from Steve's. He's basically a Govt. yes man. Think very "Just following orders" mindlessly obedient, does whatever he's told without question and calls it patriotism. That's...not...Steve. That's...not...the American ideal. That's...not...what Captain America represents.

6. I'm just loving that we have all this big named Cap characters/nods all in one show. Falcon and Bucky, of course, but now we've also got Zemo coming (in mask), Flag-Smashers, Hydra references, Batroc showed up for a cold open, U.S. Agent. GREAT spread and usage of the Cap character roster. Would be super fun to at least get references to others even if they don't appear like, say, the Black Widow program and Taskmaster, Red Skull, Strucker, Zola, Crossbones.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know if you should open a show with that much action! lol I mean when you start of that high the only way left is down, right? It almost felt like Superman Returns where the best part was in the beginning and nothing as cool happens afterwards, with the rest of the episode taking slow burn. I do like the character focus on who they are out of uniform and how you pick up the pieces after being gone for five years, and this seems a great place to unpack what Bucky has been through psychologically.

This series is the one I was most looking forward to because of the classic comic book style and it's relationship to my favorite character Captain America. Though I will admit that WandaVision did surprise me with how good it was, and maybe due to a few things like being starved for MCU content for over a year as well as it being very different. So I did come away from EP1 of this show somewhat less intrigued than I did for WandaVision. As of right now I'm about 50/50 on the vibe of the show.

Reaction score
Loved the opening sequence, got a little bored then, but in the end I think it was a nice start for this show. Might wait until all 6 episodes are out and do a bigtime binge watch then.

Reaction score
Just saw Falcon and Winter Soldier and thoroughly enjoyed it, a good continuation after Avengers, Endgame. I thought it was down to earth after everything people had been through. I will watch the series.

Reaction score
You know when the panned over to that face all I could think was, and no offense the the actor in question, is that they best the could do? He looks like a goober! Of course not knowing fully what intentions they have with the character, whether he does indeed have a form of the Super Serum formula or if he's just an average Joe, I can't speculate as yet but you'd think they would have gotten someone who looked a little more... well less like that. He almost comes across like a joke.

Being as this show is only 6 instead of 9 episodes it feels like not much will get resolved in the first season, hopefully each episode is longer than Wanda's typical 25 minutes. I mean I though her show had a complex story line for only 9n episodes yet they pulled it off somehow, but the sense I get from F&WS it could be slightly more complex with everything that was just going on in EP1. I'm hoping this show will span several seasons on the platform in order to sufficiently unpack all those story threads properly. All the other shows seem to be set up for only one season.

Reaction score
Oddly, apparently the dude playing U.S. Agent is Kurt Russell's real-life son. Who knew? I just found out. But yes, he OOZES cheese IMO too. That may be intentional. They could go a lot of interesting angles with U.S. Agent. He could have a version of the super soldier serum and be an actual working Govt. agent. He could also be a working military man and ops Agent but WITHOUT the serum AKA just a soldier. He could...and this would be interesting...just be propaganda to inspire like Cap was supposed to be for a time before he became an actual soldier. In that sense, we may get a modernized version of the USO tour montage sequence from First Avenger. Hell...he could even be a combo of some of these. And even larger in question, will he fight? Is he good or bad? Marvel never DIRECTLY adapts the comics, though usually stays relatively true in spirit. I think what's most likely is he'll be antagonistic for a timeframe, but not a villain. And eventually he'll wake up and realize the Govt. is just using him...and perhaps even manipulating him into doing shady things he wasn't aware of.

Reaction score
Yeah I suppose, but Cap inspired because of who is/was and what he did over the course of 90 year span. You can't inspire a nation with a nobody out of the blue. Not to mention the fact Sam Wilson is right here, Cap's best friend and partner on several missions. Though maybe due to his role in Civil War they can't promote him as a people's hero or be a puppet either. After all when you think about it no currently surviving Avenger would likely be a willing pawn for the govt. in this manner. You simply can't "replace" Captain America AKA Steve Rogers.

Reaction score
I agree with all the stuff here. The US Agent intro was rather questionable. That picture above......... the costume, the face, the circumstances... all cringe.
I liked everything about Bucky and Sam's parts. Looking forward to more plot now that we've got the setup.

Reaction score
Yeah I suppose, but Cap inspired because of who is/was and what he did over the course of 90 year span. You can't inspire a nation with a nobody out of the blue. Not to mention the fact Sam Wilson is right here, Cap's best friend and partner on several missions. Though maybe due to his role in Civil War they can't promote him as a people's hero or be a puppet either. After all when you think about it no currently surviving Avenger would likely be a willing pawn for the govt. in this manner. You simply can't "replace" Captain America AKA Steve Rogers.
Oh no, agreed, but I think that's the point. It's SUPPOSED to be cringe. This is a pathetic attempt by the Govt. and destined to fail. In context of the story, it's supposed to be bad, cheesy, a cheap dollar store knock-off. It's no real reflection of what Steve was or what he represented. It's a superficial misinterpretation designed as just an attempt to appease the people. Here's a good analogy IMO: Remember when they'd sell like 911 commemorative plates on QVC and stuff? Or Pearl Harbor collector coins? Crap like that? Remember how that made you feel? Kinda dirty, it's slimy, skeezy even just seeing it and yet some people still bought it? I think that is how you're supposed to feel about U.S. Agent's intro. And if so, well job well done.

Case in point: DC films vs. Marvel films. I just watched the Snyder Cut Justice League. In it there's a moment where a little girl says to Diana "Wonder Woman" Prince that she wants to be just like her after she rescued them. Diana responds with "You can be anything you want to be!" It's almost old G.I. Joe level PSA cringe. She might as well have then turned to the camera and said, "Also don't do drugs, kids!" It's all played as a serious and empowering moment. It doesn't work. Now contrast that with Marvel. Take Spider-Man Homecoming and the LITERAL Cap PSA video the gym teacher shows them. They KNOW what it is. It's cornball. It's awful. It's cheesy. And how to make it work? Make it COMEDY! Be self-aware.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In it there's a moment where a little girl says to Diana "Wonder Woman" Prince that she wants to be just like her after she rescued them. Diana responds with "You can be anything you want to be!" It's almost old G.I. Joe level PSA cringe. She might as well have then turned to the camera and said, "Also don't do drugs, kids!" It's all played as a serious and empowering moment. It doesn't work.
This type of stuff is bothersome, way too obvious and really needs to stop. Why? Well because telling anyone that doesn't mean they automatically can be anything they want, it's out of context, and 95% of the time you're going to need serious schooling and hard work to become a Firefighter, Astronaut, etc. You don't became one just because you want to. At least in the 80's PSA's they included the fact that you needed an education and dedication. Oh and none of this means you'll be an actual Superhero like "Wonder Woman", something that might get lost in translation to a young mind.

While it may be large scale supportive and inclusive It's basically sugar coating the truth while omitting pertinent information. Also, I don't recall too many young hopefuls who gave up on their dreams immediately simply because someone told them they couldn't do what it was they wanted in life. They generally fought harder for it, I mean it's not being negative towards them it's being practical.

IMO the movie/show isn't any better by including this type of nonsense, that could be 2 minutes dedicated to better story telling.

Reaction score
This type of stuff is bothersome, way too obvious and really needs to stop. Why? Well because telling anyone that doesn't mean they automatically can be anything they want, it's out of context, and 95% of the time you're going to need serious schooling and hard work to become a Firefighter, Astronaut, etc. You don't became one just because you want to. At least in the 80's PSA's they included the fact that you needed an education and dedication. Oh and none of this means you'll be an actual Superhero like "Wonder Woman", something that might get lost in translation to a young mind.

While it may be large scale supportive and inclusive It's basically sugar coating the truth while omitting pertinent information. Also, I don't recall too many young hopefuls who gave up on their dreams immediately simply because someone told them they couldn't do what it was they wanted in life. They generally fought harder for it, I mean it's not being negative towards them it's being practical.

IMO the movie/show isn't any better by including this type of nonsense, that could be 2 minutes dedicated to better story telling.
I agreed entirely. my man. But where we differ is, I think perhaps this is the vert INTENT OF US Agent. a SPOOF., so to speak.

Reaction score
It's really good so far. They've obviously put alot more money into this than Wandavision. It's kind of turned into a Buddy-cop spy thriller. I dig it.

Reaction score
I was thinking the same which is likely why there are only six episodes instead of nine, budgetary reasons.

While I really like the show I can't help but feel that too many super soldiers are popping out of the woodwork as of late. Granted Banner and Blonsky got one version of the serum, as well as Bucky decades prior. Now we learn of Bradley which for reasons was kept quiet, yet here we have a whole group in the flag smashers running around enhanced. So if there are that many who have access to it why doesn't John Walker have it as well being the new Captain America? He also seems to have gotten pretty good with a shield that Sam only recently gave up, not to mention how are normal people catching and throwing it along with Super Soldiers? When Bucky tossed the shield back at Cap in Winter Soldier he slid back a few feet.

Plus John Walker seems to be able to take a hit from a Super Soldier and shake it off like it's no big thing, Bucky being thrown from a moving car by one is on thing but JW isn't enhanced, supposedly. To me Cap sing the shield felt unique because of his gifts/talent abilities etc. so having normal joes use it the same way makes it seem not all that special. They should lose a hand by trying to catch it in mid flight...

It feels like there is a lot going on in this that cannot be told in 6 episodes though.

Reaction score
Wow! 🤩😍!

Well, after episode 3 you’ll understand why so many super-soldiers are running around. Here’s a non-spoiling clue: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,X!

This is exactly what I’ve been hoping to see for YEARS! We are FINALLY on the verge...

Reaction score
3 episodes in and i'm really not feeling this show. It just feels like a Captain America film without Cap. I think i might have been more into it if it would have aired before Wandavision...
I've got to kind of agree. That first episode REALLY impressed me, but the second and third? I mean I liked them, but it's not hooking me as much. Maybe Masterfett is right. Opening the first episode with THAT amazing of an action sequence MAYBE wasn't wise. Everything else just feels...lesser. Almost boring at times. At least for me.

I will say, it is rather therapeutic for me to see Zemo as a Baron and IN COSTUME. I didn't dislike him in Civil War, the genius gist of him was there, but admittedly he was a sort of proto-Zemo.

See I must admit Tulgah, I often agree with you, but I think I disagree here. If mutants come from just a modernized super soldier serum...I'm not OK with that. That defeats the entire theme of X-Men. The point was they were born that way or evolve that way, they didn't become that way because of a (perhaps bad albeit) choice. They just ARE. There are ways of doing that in the MCU much better. If you give them a super soldier serum backstory, well they're no different than everyone who has a sort of accident and got powers. Those aren't mutants. Mutants evolved to be, were born that way, not an accidental (or in some cases chosen) event or experiment. They're not Peter Parker whom, oops, bit by a radioactive spider. They're not Banner delving into science and bombarded by gamma. They're not Rogers who volunteered for the experiment. They just....existed. Like being a white, straight male. I didn't ask for that. Like someone being born a gay black female. It just is what they are. That was the point.

Admittedly, that might not be what's happening here though. I think it's more a Weapon X thing where they already HAD innate born with abilities (though didn't know it) and were thus experimented upon. I hope that's the case. Then I'm down with it and will be STOKED! I've DREAMED of X-Men in the MCU for so long now, same with FF. I'd possibly quite literally have to change my pants if Magneto and Doom work together. Now finally it's a possibility, just don't blow it. I think the FF is easier to integrate, say they were lost in the Negative Zone or something like that, but X-Men? Considering there are potentially hundreds of thousands of mutants is more difficult to explain where they've been and/or how they've come about and exist.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've got to kind of agree. That first episode REALLY impressed me, but the second and third? I mean I liked them, but it's not hooking me as much. Maybe Masterfett is right. Opening the first episode with THAT amazing of an action sequence MAYBE wasn't wise. Everything else just feels...lesser. Almost boring at times. At least for me.

I will say, it is rather therapeutic for me to see Zemo as a Baron and IN COSTUME. I didn't dislike him in Civil War, the genius gist of him was there, but admittedly he was a sort of proto-Zemo.

See I must admit Tulgah, I often agree with you, but I think I disagree here. If mutants come from just a modernized super soldier serum...I'm not OK with that. That defeats the entire theme of X-Men. The point was they were born that way or evolve that way, they didn't become that way because of a (perhaps bad albeit) choice. They just ARE. There are ways of doing that in the MCU much better. If you give them a super soldier serum backstory, well they're no different than everyone who has a sort of accident and got powers. Those aren't mutants. Mutants evolved to be, were born that way, not an accidental (or in some cases chosen) event or experiment. They're not Peter Parker whom, oops, bit by a radioactive spider. They're not Banner delving into science and bombarded by gamma. They're not Rogers who volunteered for the experiment. They just....existed. Like being a white, straight male. I didn't ask for that. Like someone being born a gay black female. It just is what they are. That was the point.

Admittedly, that might not be what's happening here though. I think it's more a Weapon X thing where they already HAD innate born with abilities (though didn't know it) and were thus experimented upon. I hope that's the case. Then I'm down with it and will be STOKED! I've DREAMED of X-Men in the MCU for so long now, same with FF. I'd possibly quite literally have to change my pants if Magneto and Doom work together. Now finally it's a possibility, just don't blow it. I think the FF is easier to integrate, say they were lost in the Negative Zone or something like that, but X-Men? Considering there are potentially hundreds of thousands of mutants is more difficult to explain where they've been and/or how they've come about and exist.
I don't know man... I think the first episode action sequence certainly set the tone for action to come, but I think the fight on the semi trucks was pretty well done and they have given is all the players now with some nice character development for US Agent and Battlestar... and the third episode gave us Madripoor and Zemo in action as well as Sharon Carter. I think this series is shaping up nicely.

It was not possible to match the buzz from WandaVision because we've seen shows like Falcon and Winter Soldier before, but nothing like Wandavision. I sincerely hope the keep Zemo in the wind once this show is over.

Reaction score
True, which is why a comparison between those two really isn't valid. I mean this isn't quite the "mystery" that Wanda Vision had nor the intrigue. It seems familiar is about all I can say, just without the guy you know and love as Cap. While I'm not as invested to find out who's who like I was with the former show it does start to fill in the gaps of what happened during the gap, something I though MCU would just gloss over and never hear about it again. I mean I would have though that as smart as Tony was he'd have "thought" of everything, then I remember that it was actually banner who brought them back. So he likely didn't factor in the fallout from Billions of people returning after the world had essentially moved on without them.

Exploring what happened during that time does feel like it adds depth to a rather bland story, otherwise what do these characters do? What also makes up for the weaker areas is the relationship between Sam and Bucky as well as his internal demons. It almost feels lie an extension of Captain America 2.

Reaction score
I don’t see how anyone can complain about this show! It’s like this long-game mystery. I’ve been glued to the TV!

The serum may or may not have anything to do with anything. I’m just stoked that not one but TWO of the most iconic Marvel place-names get dropped in episode 3, with one becoming an important setting already.

Like many, I’m hoping the mutants already exist; it definitely concerns me that Wanda and Pietro seem to have come from the infinity stone. But just the PROSPECT of seeing mutants so imminently is exciting!

What if the Blip causes them? Like, they come back with some kind of alteration? They have to introduce them somehow! It would be better if they always were there, but then how do you explain that? It will be interesting to see!

Reaction score
Not to go off on this tangent again but it feels like it's going to be very difficult for them to introduce Mutants this far into it, which on some level is why I wished Disney hadn't acquired Fox. Not matter how they approach it, "they've always been here" and the snap awoken their abilities it's going to upset a few folks because now instead of the gene activating at adolescence/puberty whatever all these people with the X gene will now get their powers at any age. Thus creating a host of new problems the main one being so many "untrained" getting powers at the same moment?

Now the way MCU has brought in character we never heard of who were "a thing" before our established hero era, like Bill Foster, Isaiah Bradley just to name a few, yet incorporate them into the MCU as if they make sense then I can see it working for X-Men just not how we probably would expect.
Actually when this first started to happen as if those characters existed in an earlier time and we'd never heard a thig about them doesn't mean they didn't exist just that we hadn't been told about them yet and were probably a state secret.

So the fact that Mutants will pop up out suddenly of nowhere can work but only if their powers are new, if they had always existed that becomes a problem I think.

Reaction score
Funny thing is nobody ever said Mutants don't simply exist already in the MCU and people know about them.... They could just randomly have any of them show up really.

As for the whole John Walker storyline so much of his build up is missing. The fact that he was a jerk that fought and tried to discredit the original Cap only to become Cap later is a huge deal. Otherthan that Imma just sit back and watch.

Reaction score
Since there are only 6 episodes there really isn't enough time to flesh out too much, and it seems to me that there is definitely a lot to unpack. So they must have at least another season planned if not more, whereas WandaVision was a limited series.

It was kind of cool to see a Wakandan show up but it was expected as soon as they broke Zemo out, which was expected as well. Why Sharon just happened to be in Madripoor is a bit too convenient so she must be on a mission to observe Same and Bucky, though she also seems changed in some ways. She might even turn out not being a good guy. I'm glad they brought Zemo back he definitely adds a quality to the show, although it did feel like the weakest episode in regards to a few aspects of lazy writing.

Reaction score
All good points. I think maybe the mutants could show up as part of some multiverse shenanigans, except that might feel a little too convoluted.

Maybe the best way would be to say that they were there all along but just didn’t make an appearance yet. Would it really be that bad for a guy who shoots ice suddenly to show up on screen? In Daredevil, the old Chinese lady can do magic, and she doesn’t have some huge influence on Thanos issues. Maybe other “weirds” have been street-existing all along. It’s a simple but convenient way out.

Reaction score
re: serum .

when it was first revealed in Endgame that Sam would be the keeper of the shield, I thought "waitaminute.. dude's got no superpowers.. he's gonna need some super-strength-serum if he wants to be Captain America..." :unsure:

...so naturally, the plot of TF&TWS revolves around the "Serum" :p LOL -- I think we can ALL see where this is going. LOL

-=====-

re: mutants

it's been established already that Wanda had some sort of latent genetic potential, which was 'activated' by cosmic radiation from the infinity stone; it's also been established that the earth was bathed in cosmic radiation from the infinity stones when Thanos snapped his fingers.

it follows that ANYONE with a similar 'latent genetic potential' like Wanda (aka: x-gene), could ALSO have powers that can be 'activated' by cosmic radiation from an infinity stone -- in fact, we've actually seen this already with Monica in the WandaVision show -- Monica had her mutant-powers activated by her repeatedly passing through the "hex" barrier.

so basically: the mechanism for creating "mutants" is already in place.
add to that: we are starting to see a buildup of 'discrimination' against ANYONE who returned to earth after the blip...

...so what if: the ONLY people whose powers will eventually become activated (like Monica), are ALSO people who returned from the blip..?
(ie: in order to become a mutant in the MCU you must be someone who, (a) carries the X-gene, and (b) returned to earth after the blip..?)

now the writers have got it all set up, where we've got "mutants-with-superpowers" appearing all over the globe... and there is ALREADY a social-resentment / discrimination-movement against ANYONE who returned from the blip... so ALL of these "people-with-superpowers-who-returned-from-the-blip" (like Monica) will be hated by society, just for that fact that they 'exist'.

enter: the X-men.

Last edited:
Reaction score
this is only speculation, but I'll put it in spoiler tags because it might turn out to be true...

it's based on a quote by Rian Johnson (of all people)...

there's a fan theory circulating now that says... Sharon is the Power Broker. why? because she doesn't use an iPhone. :p LOL

apparently, Rian was doing an interview for Knives Out and he said, it's tough making a "mystery" movie nowadays because, Apple won't let "bad guys" use iPhones on screen -- so if you're paying attention, you can ALWAYS figure out who the Mystery Villain Reveal is going to be -- the mystery villain is the ONE guy on screen, who doesn't use an iPhone. LOL

(and FWIW, Sharon is the only character in this show who doesn't have an iPhone). :unsure:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/02/rian-johnson-knives-out-apple-villains

Next time the supposed hero pulls out an Android phone in a movie or television show, start getting suspicious. In a new interview with Vanity Fair, Rian Johnson claimed Apple isn't keen on allowing its products to be used by villains.

“I don’t know if I should say this or not,” the Knives Out director said in a new Notes on a Scene video. “Not because it’s lascivious or something, but because it’s gonna screw me on the next mystery movie that I write. But forget it, I’ll say it, it’s very interesting. Apple, they let you use iPhones in movies—but, and this is very pivotal, if you’re ever watching a mystery movie, bad guys cannot have iPhones on camera.”

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I didn't need that tidbit of info to glean that she may be not be on the up and up as they say, a lot of crap went down with her holding the bag. And the MCU does pretty god job of giving character depth.
What I find odd is that people are paying that close attention to what smartphone a character is using when there's an actual story unfolding with better things to look at.

As for this quote "Apple isn't keen on allowing its products to be used by villains", sounds to me like a tad bit of overcompensation on their part.

Reaction score
I just received a subscription to TV GUIDE from my cousin(early Christmas gift) and they mentioned Falcon and Winter Soldeir was meant to explore the "humanity and emotional growth of characters", I need to see those episodes still, but from what your saying it sounds like the shows, including Wandavision, are sort of reflecting what is going on in our society today. (?)

Reaction score
I just received a subscription to TV GUIDE from my cousin(early Christmas gift) and they mentioned Falcon and Winter Soldeir was meant to explore the "humanity and emotional growth of characters", I need to see those episodes still, but from what your saying it sounds like the shows, including Wandavision, are sort of reflecting what is going on in our society today. (?)
Without adding any spoilers, it is difficult to expand on that quote you shared above, but I would say they certainly are concentrating on more personal stories for these characters. Wanda goes through what you would expect someone to go through after so much loss... just with a very Wanda/Scarlet Witch chaos magic sort of Marvel Universe way.

Falcon and Winter Soldier is showing what life is like for Sam and Bucky. If I said they are using the show to question what it is like for them in their personal situations, Sam being black and questionably employed with the military and Bucky being a former assassin clearing some of the 'red from his ledger' so to speak... you would think that just makes sense. If you want to find a social justice warrior angle then you can. I see it as more reality than certain people want to face.

Reaction score
Agreed. I’m loving the character arcs. John Walker isn’t the one-sided guy you might think. I also like Zemo. I’m getting emotionally invested!

Reaction score
Yeah , I thought so too! Though it's too bad it's so late in the series that it really gets you pumped because it will then soon be over. lol

While I don't much care for the character, Walker does have depth I'll give them that. I never though of him as one sided, he clearly has issues before taking on the mantle and then getting SS which amplifies those characteristics. It is good to see that he wasn't a straight up jerk like Hayword, and that he did have good intentions but simply lacked what Steve Rogers had.

It's also nice to see Baron Zemo finally shine as a Villain compare to his Civil War appearance, another character given depth.

This episode feels like it's going to significantly change the landscape of the MCU overall.

Reaction score
This episode feels like it's going to significantly change the landscape of the MCU overall.
Definitely. What was simple now seems complicated. They’re going with this “things are complicated” vibe. I’m not sure how that will play out in the new movies.

Reaction score
2 episodes left, right?

Man it seems hard to imagine how they end this series. I'm seriously hoping that they manage to end up with a West Coast Avengers team. They have white Vision, Scarlet Witch, US Agent, Hawkeye, and I'd love to see them bring back Mockingbird from AoS. Give us a Wonderman or Tigra or perhaps Harley Keener as Iron Man? A good portion of the team is there. Moon Knight, Hank Pym, Wasp, Kate Bishop... all were part of the team for a time.
1618319028522.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm getting the feeling U.S. Agent/new Cap will die

That said it would be interesting if he did become a part of the team given his action in F&TWS, while he did that in the line of duty and all it's still murder. I also can't see Scarlet Witch jointing at the current time after what she's done and being a fugitive. I might kind of like to see Mockingbird migrate over to MCU, though I don't see them using the same actress. Vison could pop up anywhere I guess and I wouldn't mind it being D+ show again. Hawkeye seems like a character more suited to a TV show where he has a chance to shine a little bit more and possibly be team leader/co-leader to a new group. War Machine is also getting his own show which has the ability to pop in and out of these other shows.

The one I might me most interested in seeing is Tigra, I've always found her to be due to not being a normal Human. So I would be curious to see how that character would turn out in live action, especially coming off of WW84. I certainly feel that with D+ in place they now have a way to bring us more of these second and third tier characters that might not have worked well for the big screen treatment.