Marrok - Ahsoka#08

Sure I had that helmet in Mass Effect at some point.

Put me down for a couple then.

Starting to think Han Solo is the only person in the galaxy not to own a lightsabre at this point.

Damn, I'm a sucker for Inquisitors. Would be an instant preorder for me.

Side note: it's interesting that this is the first Inquisitor that doesn't have the Imperial cog prominent on their armor.

Pretty boring. I'm getting sick of all the Inquisitors looking the same. Looks like the dude Maul sent down into a hole in rebels.

I thought the same thing when I saw the image. At least in the Comics they had some interesting looking Inquisitors, too bad they don't look to those for inspiration and just keel recycling bad guy wears black clothes and helmet...
It's a large reason why is actively disliked Kylo Ren.

It doesn’t help that these guys are just plain boring as characters, either. Yes, all of them, even the Grand Inquisitor. They don’t have any individual goals, discernible character traits, or themes unique to them. Just the same black-clad dude with a lightsaber with a stock villain personality.

I think a lot of the reason why Reva didn’t work for me as a character was because there was nothing that differentiated her from the other cartoony, generic Inquisitors, and we just happened to spend the most time with her so she got the brunt of it. We barely understand the working dynamics of the Inquisitorious, and for all we know they play ping-pong in Vader’s Castle all day, so any Inquisitor character is going to have to pick up the slack of the entire concept, which has been lacking since Rebels.

I would’ve fixed the Inquisitors by giving them more cleary defined character traits and individual specialities. Lean more into the type of factionalism you see in something like Warhammer 40k’s Primarchs rather than just an excuse to have lightsaber fights in the Empire era.

I felt the Rebels version of the grand Inquisitor was done pretty good, sure at face vaule he seemed like any other typical Villain. But I feel if he hadn't been killed off soon, which IMO was basically just to get Vader involved in the show, he had the potential have a very interesting back story told. I didn't think he was your average one-dimensional bad guy, but because of how the show handled him I feel it was another Finn situation where the character didn't even get a chance to evolve.

I too will pushback on thr Inquisitor slander.

Part of me understands the "boring/pointless" criticism, but to me they're basically zombie-jedi (i hate zombies btw). But the idea that some Jedi weren't eliminated, but somehow (painfully, according to Trilla) converted into these jedi terminators is pretty cool.

I really hope it's not that person in the spoiler tags, but that could actually make a really awesome story.

I don't see the issue with a handful of them, but I don't really want to see it strung out to around forty just so they can have a throw away villain or tie it to the PT era. Sometimes it feels as if pretty much every Jedi not directly on the Counsil lived. lol

I do think inquisitors work best in the time between ROTS and halfway to ANH to help in the elimination of any Jedi that survived the purge. I don't see their needing to exist beyond that simply due them not really being needed afterwards and the jedi are all dead, all that does is cause issues between Vader and Sidious. I would think. After all they really wouldn't need to adhere to the rule of two once the Jedi are extinct, if we're basing it off the EU reason.

Though I do understand that when dealing with the Force you kind of need an opposite to good if you want to tell a story in this Galaxy, so a Sith, Dark Jedi or Exile would be needed as an antagonist.

I don't see the issue with a handful of them, but I don't really want to see it strung out to around forty just so they can have a throw away villain or tie it to the PT era. Sometimes it feels as if pretty much every Jedi not directly on the Counsil lived. lol

I do think inquisitors work best in the time between ROTS and halfway to ANH to help in the elimination of any Jedi that survived the purge. I don't see their needing to exist beyond that simply due them not really being needed afterwards and the jedi are all dead, all that does is cause issues between Vader and Sidious. I would think. After all they really wouldn't need to adhere to the rule of two once the Jedi are extinct, if we're basing it off the EU reason.

Though I do understand that when dealing with the Force you kind of need an opposite to good if you want to tell a story in this Galaxy, so a Sith, Dark Jedi or Exile would be needed as an antagonist.

The Inquisitors have all had numbers for names, which to me implies that they are nothing more than disposable hunters. It would make sense if there's 40 or whatever of them over the course of time. Some were killed and had to be replaced, while others made failed attempts at taking Vader's spot or assassination attempts.

I wonder if this is the same Inquisitor seen in the Rebels Season 2 two-parter? He falls to his "offscreen death" when his Lightsaber malfunctions, but perhaps he survived the fall.

I wonder if this is the same Inquisitor seen in the Rebels Season 2 two-parter? He falls to his "offscreen death" when his Lightsaber malfunctions, but perhaps he survived the fall.
Propellers to safety and lives again..!
.. and returns with a moustache (twirling it) and a "muhahahaha"

Marrok from season 1 of Ahsoka. Code-named "Grand View". He will be #08 in the Ahsoka sub-line and will be part of Wave 14, which includes Pre-Vizsla, Hera & R2-D2. Newly tooled. Comes with soft goods cape & double-bladed Inquisitor-style D-Ring lightsaber with removeable blades. Lightsaber hilt can attach to his back.

On shelf Fall 2023. MSRP is $24.99. Available for pre-order August 30th at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

STAR WARS fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with this premium 6-inch STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES MARROK figure, inspired by the character's appearance in STAR WARS: AHSOKA. Set after the fall of the Empire, Ahsoka follows former Jedi knight Ahsoka Tano as she investigates an emerging threat to a vulnerable galaxy. Fans and collectors can display this fully articulated figure featuring premium detail and multiple points of articulation in their collection. Includes figure and 1 entertainment-inspired accessory.

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Livestream-1.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Livestream-2.jpg

Press Images

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Boxed-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-2-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-3-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-5-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-6-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Boxed-1.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Boxed-2.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-3.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-4.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-5.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-6.jpg

Black-Series-Marrok-AHSOKA-Loose-7.jpg

Black Series Marrok (AHSOKA) PO.jpg

Last edited:
I hope it's not too terribly hard to fix, but let's be clear: we shouldnt have to fix these figures ourselves.

It should be easy enough to remove with one's paint remover of choice,* but there's a lot of it and I'm not sure if the juice will be worth the squeeze, especially if he ends up be a minor character when all is said and done (I hope not, though).

*Although come to think of it, since I don't like the grey, maybe repainting the armor completely--covering up the rust in the process--would be the best option. Two birds, one stone and all that.

Back