Mara Jade - #14

Reaction score
You know something just just hit me today. If Mara jade truly does have a role in the ST, does that mean we'll get yet another figure of her? And will it be the one that wasn't released, or an all new one?
Unless her appearance is extremely close to what it is currently, I think she would end up with an entirely new figure. Depending on the costume, maybe some retooling, but still probably fairly new.

Reaction score
You know something just just hit me today. If Mara jade truly does have a role in the ST, does that mean we'll get yet another figure of her? And will it be the one that wasn't released, or an all new one?
If there a rumor that Mara Jade truly does have a role?

Reaction score
Scar-Jo, calling it right now :sneaky:
She's pretty much got the perfect look to play Mara Jade. Especially if she looks like she did in Iron Man 2.

I'm still trying to hunt a second Mara down at retail (but not very hard). I want a version with the AABW head and the regular head. I'll once again reiterate how perfect this figure looks with the AABW head.

Reaction score
I found a Mara Jade at Target yesterday while my girlfriend and I were there, but decided to put it back after asking myself why I would want an action figure of Conan O'Brien's mom.

Reaction score
Just got the new mara jade figure in the mail this morning g. Great figure. Anyone know the best area on Mara to put the blaster holster?

Reaction score
doesn't it snap into the back of her belt at the small of her back? I don't have her handy, but I thought there was a spot there to hook it in.

Reaction score
I must be in the minority of liking this figure as is. Mara wasn't in the movies so it's not like they failed on likeness. I also don't feel the need to project any desires of seeing Mara as some impossibly smoking hot babe.

Reaction score
I must be in the minority of liking this figure as is. Mara wasn't in the movies so it's not like they failed on likeness. I also don't feel the need to project any desires of seeing Mara as some impossibly smoking hot babe.
Agreed; she's fine as-is. Would I have liked a better sculpt? Sure, but this one isn't Shae Vizla bad.

Reaction score
Agreed. I absolutely love it in person. All these head replacements look appallingly bad. Bleh.

Figure is great I'm glad they made her.

Reaction score
Well there's that one redhead model that posed for a photo back then for the Mara Jade character. That model gal was pretty back then so she counts

Reaction score
I still have a hard time believing Luke/Mark would have a wife that looks like a ninja stripper assassin. This character just never read to be as Luke's type or wife. It's got fan boy written all over it.

Reaction score
I still have a hard time believing Luke/Mark would have a wife that looks like a ninja stripper assassin. This character just never read to be as Luke's type or wife. It's got fan boy written all over it.
The problem is, she wasn't originally a "ninja stripper assassin." She was supposed to wear practical clothes, probably similar to Luke's ESB outfit, at least that's the way I pictured it in the novels. But then one comic comes and shows her in this black leather outfit and the rest of her appearances from then on were based on it, and so were the toys. If you actually go by how she's described in the books, wearing "uniforms," "robes," and other outfits that have sleeves (because she actually specifically had a sleeve-holstered gun in the novels) it makes a lot more sense. But at the same time I have a hard time seeing why you think Luke can't marry her because of the way she dresses. It's not like she'd wear that on her wedding day or anything.

Reaction score
It's getting a little away from the figure itself, but Mara the character had a sense of doing what was right within her. Not just believing in something, but wanting to get involved about it. She fell under the Emperor's sway very young, and truly believed everything he told her about right and wrong.
It was as she continuously encountered Luke as her great enemy, the one who killed her Emperor, that she saw the 'good farmboy' in him, what he felt and believed in, and how he acted. This began to clear the great fog of right and wrong that the Emperor had kept her in.
Seeing how Luke was really right, and her wanting to be right and do right, this is what drew Mara to Luke. The connection of wanting to be a force for good in the galaxy brought them together, and over time and through experiences they developed their relationship.
That's how they came together.

Now, Mara was the Emperor's Hand, which wasn't just being an assassin, a killing enforcer type to be feared upon sight like a bounty hunter. There were many spy like qualities that were needed. She needed to travel in circles with people of importance and power, to infiltrate and live among circles of power, culture, elegance, and refinement. And if she looked like an elephant's rear-end, well unless she was among the elephant's rear-end people, a hideous female human would not be accepted in those circles. Or if she did manage to fit in, she might draw attention for her appearance. That would not help her blend in and go unnoticed as she would often need to do. Because the Empire was very much male dominated, with women not being given chances at leadership. She would have to have a level of beauty, and often appear as eye candy, to be accepted in certain circles. She would be remembered for her beauty and manners, yet forgotten and not thought of as more than those things. This would give her the opportunity to carry out missions for the Emperor.
This is why the character needed physical beauty.

So if she appears to people to be a ninja stripper assassin, assassin was part of what she was, ninja like abilities would come from training, and stealth outfits and beauty could create the stripper look. The personalities and what was deep inside them are what brought Luke and Mara together over time.
Thus you have Mara Jade Skywalker, ninja stripper assassin.
It all worked in my book.

Reaction score
Revanfan and Sizzzler, You two guys were exactly who they had in mind when they designed the look of this character. Trust me on this.

Reaction score
I'll never understand why some people in life, when presented with different thoughts or viewpoints, will respond with condescending judgement and self elevating comments.

In regards to the previously pictured head swap (which others have also done, I'm not criticizing this particular one) the hair may look better, and the facial details/paint may look better.
But the overall size of the head seems too small to me. With that head, the first thing I now notice is that the shoulder structure and arm thickness appears too large. The rest of the body appears to be more fit. If she were to have arms and shoulders this large (in relation to head size), they would have to be as lean as the rest of her body appears to be. Especially with the strongly defined jawline. If she is to have larger arms that are not quite lean and tend towards bulkiness, the rest of her body would have to tend that way as well, which it doesn't. And it's this smaller head that throws off the overall body structure for me.
The larger original Mara head keeps the arms and shoulders in proper proportion to the rest of the body. They appear to have properly proportioned size, and the level of definition they have would then work with the rest of the body. The hair may appear too big, but in real life hair can be styled to be oversized, so that retains a sense of realism. It may look silly or not a proper representation of the character, but it is realistic. This head swap makes the body proportions seem unrealistic to me.
I considered doing the same swap, but felt it was only a trade off, and not really an improvement to justify the additional cost to get the other figure for the head.

Reaction score
I blame Decipher & Dark Horse… they're the ones that cemented the "ninja stripper assassin" look for her. I could buy that look in her Emperor's Hand days, maybe (tho a more effective "ninja assassin" wouldn't be so conspicuous in attire) but it went against everything that was in the books about her, didn't fit her personality, and flew in the face of her early gimmick, the 'up-the-sleeve blaster'. I'm glad LucasArts gave her a different outfit in "Mysteries of the Sith", as well as a couple of the cover artists & the artist on "SW: Union"… and still annoyed Hasbro couldn't be bothered to honor the Fan's Choice vote by making Jedi Mara instead of another Ninja-Stripper-Assassin Mara. I still maintain that's like voting for Jedi Knight Luke and getting Hoth Luke instead.

The head sculpt only bugs me because of the pile of hair on her head… the face is fine, it's the weird hairdo.

Reaction score
… and still annoyed Hasbro couldn't be bothered to honor the Fan's Choice vote by making Jedi Mara instead of another Ninja-Stripper-Assassin Mara. I still maintain that's like voting for Jedi Knight Luke and getting Hoth Luke instead.

The head sculpt only bugs me because of the pile of hair on her head… the face is fine, it's the weird hairdo.
Exactly! I can't believe that Hasbro was able to sweep that "mistake" under the rug so easily. I was personally excited to *finally* be getting a Mara figure NOT in the same outfit as the last few releases. Current Hasbro makes me afraid of how redo-heavy the ST line will be with none of the costume/character variety that has made the line so great over the years.

Reaction score
They swept it under the rug because they aren't bound by our demands. They don't have to make any figure.

Reaction score
They swept it under the rug because they aren't bound by our demands. They don't have to make any figure.
Absolutely. But when it is a fan's choice winner where it is officially stated that they will make the chosen figure, it is a bit of a different situation.

Reaction score
I don't think it's any different though, because alls they have to say is "oh..yea...we changed our minds, oh well". What recourse do collectors have? None. They know the figure will get bought up any way, and complain as we may...there's nothing we can do to hold them accountable for officially stating anything.

Reaction score
Dude, everybody wants a red headed ninja-stripper-assassin for a wife. On that note, how can she be a stripper if she's fully clothed, albeit in a leather catsuit?

Reaction score
FYI, she didn't always look like this... :rolleyes: Just some artists have fallen prey to the "I need to *** her up a bit, to appeal to audiences". Same as every other franchise does to make money!

Reaction score
I finally found a second Mara at my nearest Disney Store. The hair looked ok on this one, so I bit. Now I have a Black Widow-head Mara and an original head Mara. Still prefer Black Widow head.

Reaction score
I really wanted to get another Mara that had the better hair, but just couldn't do it. I may eventually rip off the hair on my Mara and glue it lower. I kinda wanted a second one just for the second holster so I can have a holster in both holes on her belt.

Reaction score
Found one...

I really wanted to get another Mara that had the better hair, but just couldn't do it. I may eventually rip off the hair on my Mara and glue it lower. I kinda wanted a second one just for the second holster so I can have a holster in both holes on her belt.

I just bought myself an extra Darth Plagueis AND a Mara Jade at the TRU in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. There is one Mara Jade on the shelf if anyone in this area wants to zip down and grab it.

Also found a 6inch Boba Fett at the Walmart in town here yesterday. It's been a good week!

Reaction score
I just bought myself an extra Darth Plagueis AND a Mara Jade at the TRU in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. There is one Mara Jade on the shelf if anyone in this area wants to zip down and grab it.

Also found a 6inch Boba Fett at the Walmart in town here yesterday. It's been a good week!
***** Lucky 'Scummer of the week! *****

Reaction score
Finally got my Mara. After a couple of tweaks I'm very happy with her indeed.

This is my own giant-hair solution if anybody else want to try it. Apologies for the nearly useless pictures, I'm doing this when I should be to be working so I didn't take as much care as I should on either the job or the photography.

If you can tell at all what I did was slice a top layer of hair off, carefully cutting along the lines of the sculpt as much as possible. Carved out a lot of excess bulk on both halves of the 'wig', gluing the bottom half higher up on the ears and trying to fit the top part lower down and into the appropriate gaps. It took a bit of trial and error and some creative trimming but the excess super-glue that squished out hid a lot of the gaps.

I deliberately wanted her hair off her shoulders more both because I prefer it that little bit shorter & to accommodate the classic cloak & goggle look eventually.

I love her face personally & I'm happy with the proportions now. My favourite Luke sculpt has such a big head that I'm constantly frustrated with the pinheaded sculpts for everyone else!

To make her a little shorter I also swapped out her feet with a Deena Shan/Juno eclipse and it makes more of a difference than you might expect.

I love this character & if the EU is really going to be rebooted I'm so, so glad to finally have version of the character that is good enough to fight alongside my big 3 :)
That mod looks SOO much better than what Hasbro put out! Nice work!

Really Ha$bro? This wasn't that hard.....

Dark Phoenix?

Reaction score
Well, I finally got another Mara Jade. This one was the newer one where the weapons are on the lower half of the bubble. First thing I noticed, the gun holster 'can' fit really well with some work. My previous ones, the holster was really loose. This one (I don't know if it's just luck or not), the peg was too big for the hole and running the belt under hot water for a bit, I was able to stretch the hole so the peg fit. Now the holster is really tight, like it was glued in. I also decided to use my extra holster from my other Mara and put it on the back of the belt. I don't know if that is what it was meant for and Hasbro cheaped out and only gave one holster, but I was thinking it looks cool and she can now have dual pistols.

What do you guys think? (don't mind her pose, just wanted to be able to show off the holsters)