Mara Jade - #14

Reaction score
The enormous hair was actually the key feature that led me to picking up Mara Jade. Mind you, she's not representing herself on the shelf (Since I still have the TAC comic pack figure) - she's rocking out at the Outlander Nightclub. She fits in just fine.

Reaction score
I'll agree that the hair will come in handy as custom fodder, but it just doesn't fit her character or her figure IMO.

Reaction score
Seems like she is getting to be fairly plentiful on pegs post-Christmas. Saw 7 or 8 of her between target and walmart last night when we were out seeking Skylanders for my daughter.

Reaction score
Is the consensus that the comic pack version is superior? Or are we just switching heads?

Reaction score
It's interesting to see which heads people prefer. While it's much better looking than what she came with, it doesn't have that Mara feel/look to it. Personally I like that BW head for Shae Vizla. I haven't totally decide what head to use yet, but this combo does seem to look the best IMO.

Reaction score
Default head works fine for me. Mine's well painted and has good hair placement, so no need to swap, and as you say, the BW head just doesn't feel like Mara to me anyways.

Reaction score
Is the consensus that the comic pack version is superior? Or are we just switching heads?
Even with the big hair, TBS Mara blows CP Mara out of the water. CP did get her height correct, though. This one is a bit too tall even if you swap heads with one of the Black Widows. But side by side, I'll take TBS Mara every time.

Reaction score
I did a head swap with the Avengers Assemble Black Widow and am very happy with the result -

While I really like the face on this Widow head, the "blowing in the breeze" hair kind of annoys me. I feel like this would be a killer female head if the hair just fell normally. As for Mara, I still like the Aurora head the best out of everything I've seen.

Reaction score
If the skin tone also doenst match that is annoying as well. Maybe try and cut off the wig/hair ad switch them on the figures. But I dont make love to my action figures, so this mara jade is pretty much the one on display and acceptable. The purple one I'll use as some sorta mercenary or mara's sidekick, change the head on it. Maybe Mara is like P. Galore from Goldfinger and has her own female pilots/ henchwomen,lol.

Reaction score
Did a headswap with the TRU Black Widow, and now she's alot closer to what I imagined her being like in the books. Great figure though :grin:

Reaction score
Finally got a pretty good deal on the Marvel Universe TRU figure. After doing the swap, the only thing that is a tad bit annoying is the way the hair is molded she has a permanent head tilt to the right. FAR better and way less annoying than the original head. I find it actually looks decent on the Black Widow body. Maybe it's because the figure is taller, so the big head looks more in proportion?

Reaction score
Saw one of these in person today. The paint apps looked a little better than the one I own, but mine are still actually pretty good so I left it where it was.

Reaction score
Note ongoing packaging change (is it you think?)
Left is i believe Amazon while right is Target.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's been noted a few pages back in the thread. Typically the second version has the better hair positioning as well.

Reaction score
A little late to the party, but I FINALLY found a Mara Jade today at the Disney Store! She's a real butter face...everything is great butter face :) Fortunately I've had a TRU Marvel Universe Black Widow waiting in the wings for about 3 months to serve as a head donor. I know lots of you have already done this, but man it's the perfect swap in every way! The head just pops on so easily and the hair drapes perfectly (and doesn't hinder the neck articulation like the stock MJ head does). Seeing as how Hasbro likes to re-use and cross utilize parts so much, it should have been a no brainer for them just to use the BW head in the first place. The skin tone is ever so slightly off, but not really noticeable enough to require repainting. Having not purchased a 3 3/4" figure since Ceremony Luke, I was ecstatic enough just to find to find her and, now that she has a new noggin, she is the perfect Mara Jade!

Reaction score
Go Mara in the mail a couple days ago. Facesculpt (especially hair piece) is awful. Look even Worth in hand than on pics. Really gotta locate a black widow now. Is it exclusive to TRU?

Reaction score
Yeah, checked Ebay and noticed there were several versions. the one exclusive to TRU has the best haircut IMO. Will try and find one locally before i rely on EBay though.

Reaction score
Mara hair fix

Finally got my Mara. After a couple of tweaks I'm very happy with her indeed.

This is my own giant-hair solution if anybody else want to try it. Apologies for the nearly useless pictures, I'm doing this when I should be to be working so I didn't take as much care as I should on either the job or the photography.

If you can tell at all what I did was slice a top layer of hair off, carefully cutting along the lines of the sculpt as much as possible. Carved out a lot of excess bulk on both halves of the 'wig', gluing the bottom half higher up on the ears and trying to fit the top part lower down and into the appropriate gaps. It took a bit of trial and error and some creative trimming but the excess super-glue that squished out hid a lot of the gaps.

I deliberately wanted her hair off her shoulders more both because I prefer it that little bit shorter & to accommodate the classic cloak & goggle look eventually.

I love her face personally & I'm happy with the proportions now. My favourite Luke sculpt has such a big head that I'm constantly frustrated with the pinheaded sculpts for everyone else!

To make her a little shorter I also swapped out her feet with a Deena Shan/Juno eclipse and it makes more of a difference than you might expect.

I love this character & if the EU is really going to be rebooted I'm so, so glad to finally have version of the character that is good enough to fight alongside my big 3 :)

Reaction score
Cheers guys. It wasn't even that hard to fix, poor hasbro she was *soooo* close :\

Reaction score
Its a POTJ 'General' Leia head hollowed out. Like I said, all the more recent Leia's have had a teeny tiny little pinhead (and bizzarely black hair).
Short people still usually have normal sized heads if only Hasbro would look carefully :)

Reaction score
A little late to the party, but I FINALLY found a Mara Jade today at the Disney Store! She's a real butter face...everything is great butter face :) Fortunately I've had a TRU Marvel Universe Black Widow waiting in the wings for about 3 months to serve as a head donor.
Back in the day butter faces served as head donors, wait what are we talking about?

Reaction score
You know something just just hit me today. If Mara jade truly does have a role in the ST, does that mean we'll get yet another figure of her? And will it be the one that wasn't released, or an all new one?