Mara Jade - #14

Reaction score
Re: Hasbro Star Wars Fans\' Choice Poll Returns

So what are we doing voting on our top 100 choices, then? That sounds like a fair selection.

Reaction score

Curto - I would prefer to vote from that entire list, for what it's worth... I know that my lone vote may be lost in the general crowd, but to vote only for the top 10 (or even 52) would not be an accurate assessment of what I would like to see (and where I would be willing to spend my money).

Reaction score

grievous444 said:
Nactous said:
KotOR has done it twice. I say we go for a third time. Sith Trooper or Jolee Bindo!!!!!!!
Second. Sith trooper , T3-M4 or Darth Sion would be awesome.
Y'know, technically, Zayne Carrick is KOTOR...

Reaction score

palps45895 said:
So what are we doing voting on our top 100 choices, then? That sounds like a fair selection.
I was thinking top 90...whatever that list ends up being after the eliminations....and if we decide to keep TCW realistic characters. Keep on debating over the long weekend, and voting can start as early as next week.

Trying to get the timing right with something else before we start. Ill explain more about this later.

I also want to make sure I to Since1978 before we kick it off.

Reaction score

palps45895 said:
I was thinking top 90...whatever that list ends up being after the eliminations....and if we decide to keep TCW realistic characters. Keep on debating over the long weekend, and voting can start as early as next week.

Trying to get the timing right with something else before we start. Ill explain more about this later.

I also want to make sure I talk to Since1978 before we kick it off.

Reaction score

Orangepeace said:
TFU Kazdan Paratus (Hopefully, if we vote hard enough. He'll end up #1.)
This is one I really don't understand why we haven't gotten yet, At least he's actually in the main game!
Plus 90% of the tooling is already done just like with the Evo trooper and Robed Galen Marek, all that's needed is retool of the torso so that the mechanical legs can attach!

Revanfan1 said:
grievous444 said:
Nactous said:
KotOR has done it twice. I say we go for a third time. Sith Trooper or Jolee Bindo!!!!!!!
You're really campaigning hard for Zayne eh.

I definitely would buy T3-M4 and Darth Sion, IMO for KotOR game figures to be finished those two have to be made.
I wouldn't mind a few others but those two are top Priority!
Pre top ten so far:
Admiral Daala
Admiral Pellaeon
Anakin Solo
Chukha Trok
Darth Maladi
Jocasta Nu
Mother Talzin
Noghri Warrior
Sarissa Jeng
Vergere

Reaction score

I thought zayne was planned for a comic pack? At least he's on their radar! My favorite EU pick is waaaaayyyy off...did not even rank high in our list.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
You're really campaigning hard for Zayne eh.
You bet I am!

Mr Curto said:
I thought zayne was planned for a comic pack? At least he's on their radar! My favorite EU pick is waaaaayyyy off...did not even rank high in our list.
I think Zayne was planned, but that comic pack was dropped. I assume he will eventually be made by Hasbro, but if this Fans' Choice Poll helps him get made sooner, I'm all for it!

BTW, who is your favorite EU pick, Curto?

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
I thought zayne was planned for a comic pack?
The last mention I remember was back in 2009, before the line was canceled, that he just hadn't make the cut for 2010 but was likely for 2011.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
grievous444 said:
Nactous said:
Sorry Revan, as much as I love Zayne, I feel like he can wait a little bit longer. Truth be told, I have been waiting for KotOR(the game) figures since 2003.

Reaction score

Definitely agree that we need to do some sort of re-vote. In my case the choices that I made for the overall wishlist poll would be much different to those that I would make for a Fan's choice poll.

In the wishlist poll the highest marks I gave out were mostly for resculpts of main characters but these wouldn't even register if I was voting for a single specific figure to be made. After all if a figure was important enough to appear on Hasbro's radar once it is very likely that they will make it again. In a Fan's Choice poll my highest votes would instead probably have gone to cantina aliens, podracers and major EU characters. The types of character which Hasbro might not get around to making at all.

If we are going to reduce the entries so that we can have a new poll we should consider removing those characters that are very likely going to redone anyway.

The best way to do this would be to remove any character that has already had two or more versions done in the modern line (e.g Hoth Luke, Main Outfit Leia, Skiff Lando, Carbonite Han, Royal Guard and The Emperor). Each of these characters is almost certainly going to be redone at some point.

We might also want to consider removing any movie characters that would just be a just be an existing figure with a new headsculpt (Piett, Snowspeeder Wedge, Pops, Tiree etc) as again these have a good chance of being redone thanks to Hasbro's love of reusing molds as much as possible.

Reaction score

I think any TCW character should be eliminated because they will already be on Hasbro list. I also agree that main character versions should probably already fall under Hasbro list as well. However, if we can't come to an acceptable agreement, then we should just send the top 10 we have already.

Reaction score

Generally I think that any character that made it to the finals in it's category should be included and that we should do a "Tournament of Champions" to get our short list, as opposed to just the top 3 or 5 in each category. Am I making sense?

Also, I want to start hitting the campaign trail hard for Admiral Daala.

Reaction score

CIS said:
Rune_Haako said:
My #1 vote goes to ROTS Nute Gunray, no others count.

Same here.
They should make him in memory of the user NuteGunray of the forums here that died.

He always wanted a ROTS Nute Gunray.

Reaction score

Keep discussing.
If we do another poll, I'd like to kick it off next week.

I haven't had a chance to analyze the list yet...to determine which...if any...characters should be removed. I'm inclined to agree that we remove TCW realistic, since we know already that Hasbro is planning to make some of these already...and I'm not seeing a lot of support for them.

Interesting idea about removing main characters...we know bespin leia, skiff lando, hoth luke are in the works already...probably more.

Definitely need to remove confirmed characters.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
They should make him in memory of the user NuteGunray of the forums here that died.

No way!

I did not know this. Whilst I would not normally place this figure high on my wishlist (Tey How is my most wanted Neimoidian), if there is some sort of campaign in light of this information you can count on my vote.

EDIT: In fact, I think it would be mighty decent of Rebelscum to just submit this figure as our choice out of respect for our former member. Anybody agree?
How about a time-limited Yes/No poll first, then only moving on to a more complicated "nominee" poll in the event of a "No" win?

Reaction score

It'd be a nice gesture by Hasbro, and would show they actually care something about the fans.

I'm not saying this because I want the figure made, I'm just thinking of a fellow fan/collector that wanted it, but will never get it now.

Reaction score

Zayne. That is my final answer. Zayne.

I am honestly sorry for the loss of NuteGunray, and I am not trying to spoil his memory, but a ROTS Nute Gunray is just not very high on my list. I would probably buy him if he was made, but I wouldn't want to waste a slot in Fan's Choice for him. Honestly, he will probably be made in 2014 for the ROTS 3D release. No reason to waste a Fan's Choice on him just to get him a year early.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:

I am honestly sorry for the loss of NuteGunray, and I am not trying to spoil his memory, but a ROTS Nute Gunray is just not very high on my list.
We know that. It's all over the boards.
Nute isn't my choice either but I thought it would be a nice unselfish gesture - although the suggestion of a preliminary poll would ascertain the "community" feeling about somebody most of us never knew in real life.

Reaction score

Darth_Satan said:
Nute isn't my choice either but I thought it would be a nice unselfish gesture - although the suggestion of a preliminary poll would ascertain the "community" feeling about somebody most of us never knew in real life.
I know you know. I just want to make sure Hasbro knows.

And I know it was meant as a nice, unselfish gesture, but honestly, I think Nute will be made anyway. It's inevitable. If Daultay Dofine made it for TPM, Nute will make it for ROTS.

If I want to respect NuteGunray's memory, I will buy a ROTS Nute action figure. That doesn't mean I will vote for one on a Fan's Choice Poll, and I am sorry if that seems selfish. I don't mean to be selfish.

But I don't really want to vote for Nute Gunray. If that's what the rest of you decide to do, fine. I'm happy for you, and even though I won't join you, I'll applaud you. If we get a ROTS Nute Gunray in honor of the forum member that passed away, I will be glad. If it means I don't get Zayne, sure I'll be disappointed, but I won't hold it against you.

I am sure we will get Zayne eventually. Even if Hasbro's SW license ends in 2018, there's nothing to say that they won't renew it. If Zayne was planned for a comic pack, then in all likeliness the mold has already been created, and Hasbro won't waste it. But the most likely way to get Zayne is for him to win the Fan's Choice Polls.

With one EU figure being included in every wave, I am sure Zayne will, eventually, be made. Probably not in 2012, because Hasbro said TOR and TFU2 figures will be coming in 2012, and those will most likely dominate the EU portions of the line (fine by me, BTW, since I can't wait for TOR figures).

Okay, I don't have an end to this rant, so I'm done.

Reaction score

Darth_Satan said:
Revanfan1 said:

I am honestly sorry for the loss of NuteGunray, and I am not trying to spoil his memory, but a ROTS Nute Gunray is just not very high on my list.
I'd be very careful with this one guys. Hasbro is a company that seems happy to step in and make gestures when there is a cause to support, but they do so at their own choosing, which, to be honest, is appropriate. Were Nute a well known advocate of a cause prior to his passing, then I think perhaps you'd have a strong case here (I confess I do now know the unfortunate circumstances of his untimely death), but you'd still want to approach it very delicately and almost certainly privately.

I apologise if what I am saying seems like pouring cold water on your warmhearted idea, but I worry that what you are talking about doing, however well intentioned, could be seen as trying to emotionally blackmail them into a release of a toy you want. It's kind of foisting an emotionally loaded agenda onto them and then makes them look bad when/if they politely decline. I know you guys are trying to do something good here, but, to be frank, I think it has very little hope of being a reality and the potential to go quite sour. Good luck, but be really careful fellas.

Reaction score

I'd actually vote for a Nute Gunray to honor NuteGunray. Did I know him? No I didn't. I'm sure we'll see this figure in 2014 as a main line figure. Though a Fans-Choice poll to me has always been about special characters to vote on. Not main line characters we know will see later on.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
CIS said:
Rune_Haako said:
My #1 vote goes to ROTS Nute Gunray, no others count.

Same here.

I remember Nute and his passing. Sad day.
Sure, I will vote for Nute, least I could do.

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
Darth_Satan said:
Revanfan1 said:

I'd be very careful with this one guys. Hasbro is a company that seems happy to step in an make gestures when there is a cause to support, but they do so at their own choosing, which, to be honest, is appropriate. Were Nute a well known advocate of a cause prior to his passing, then I think perhaps you'd have a strong case here (I confess I do now know the unfortunate circumstances of his untimely death), but you'd still want to approach it very delicately and almost certainly privately.

I apologise if what I am saying seems like pouring cold water on your warmhearted idea, but I worry that what you are talking about doing, however well intentioned, could be seen as trying to emotionally blackmail them into a release of a toy you want. It's kind of foisting an emotionally loaded agenda onto them and then makes them look bad when/if they politely decline. I know you guys are trying to do something good here, but, to be frank, I think it has very little hope of being a reality and the potential to go quite sour. Good luck, but be really careful fellas.
I 100% agree and, not to appear totally coldhearted, but can we confirm that this forum member actually has passed away? Did anyone know him/her personally? Without evidence that this person has actually died or, for that matter, ever really existed in the first place, it all just sounds too much like a hoax that is in extremely poor taste.

GNT

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
I'm inclined to agree that we remove TCW realistic, since we know already that Hasbro is planning to make some of these already...and I'm not seeing a lot of support for them.
I wonder why Hasbro wont allow Clone Wars animated figures to be in the poll? Strange.

Either way I think it's not getting enough support because no one knows exactly what Hasbro is going to do with the realistic Clone Wars figures yet, we've heard about a possible wave of main characters but nothing else in a while.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Mr Curto said:
I'm inclined to agree that we remove TCW realistic, since we know already that Hasbro is planning to make some of these already...and I'm not seeing a lot of support for them.
I wonder why Hasbro wont allow Clone Wars animated figures to be in the poll? Strange.

Either way I think it's not getting enough support because no one knows exactly what Hasbro is going to do with the realistic Clone Wars figures yet, we've heard about a possible wave of main characters but nothing else in a while.
Probably because it's their 'kids' (read: pegwarming) line, and they don't want, say, Palpatine messing that up be selling.

Reaction score

I think it's high time we had a Saga Legends Poll again, to ascertain what figures should be rolled back into the line.
I'm drowning Obi-Wans, Clones etc, it's about time for change!

If they cannot find a way to get the all white RC and GM into the basic line, then I feel they should be put into SL!

Reaction score

You know what, I would actually vote for ROTS Nute... that's funny... I have always loved the costume variants even from the 70's lol... and that's the only darn one we are missing lol...

I vote that ROTS Nute MUST be included in our poll!

Although an ardent Jocasta supporter, I could actually see myself hittin the trigger for ol' Nute first

Reaction score

Droidworld said:
In honour of ROTJ's 30th, this would be my list:

Cane Adiss

Emperor Palpatine

Nien Nunb

Princess Leia - Ewok Village

Ree Yees

Yakface

Sgt. Doallyn

Sim Aloo

Sy Snootles (Vintage)

Definitely not interested in anything EU or PT for this, and though I really want a new Emperor, Ewok Leia, Nien Nunb and Sim Aloo on Vintage card, the Fan's Choice tends to be more along the lines of Cane Adiss, Sgt. Doallyn, and Sy Snootles.

Can't wait to see how the poll starts taking shape!
I second this.

Reaction score

I really have no idea how this works since I've never been on this site for one. So we just make a wishlist of 10 figures we'd like to see and we vote on them as a group like the 2007 Dark Trooper?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Keep discussing.
If we do another poll, I'd like to kick it off next week.

I haven't had a chance to analyze the list yet...to determine which...if any...characters should be removed. I'm inclined to agree that we remove TCW realistic, since we know already that Hasbro is planning to make some of these already...and I'm not seeing a lot of support for them.

Interesting idea about removing main characters...we know bespin leia, skiff lando, hoth luke are in the works already...probably more.
I have mixed feelings about removing the main characters. On one side, these will probably made anyway at some point and the latest when each film hits in 3D. On the other side, I've been waiting years for a good Hoth Luke and Hasbro keeps giving us a Jedi Luke, so it would be nice to nail them on that.

In the end, I think we should leave it up to Curto and 78 to remove characters. We all trust Dan's sense of what Hasbro has coming down the pipeline and 78's always done a great job with these polls and has a good sense of how best to interpret these things.

Reaction score

Trooper31 said:
I have mixed feelings about removing the main characters. On one side, these will probably made anyway at some point and the latest when each film hits in 3D. On the other side, I've been waiting years for a good Hoth Luke and Hasbro keeps giving us a Jedi Luke, so it would be nice to nail them on that.
Hasbro teased at SDCC that a new Hoth Luke was just around the corner, so hopefully we can cross that one off the list very shortly.

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
Trooper31 said:
Hasbro teased at SDCC that a new Hoth Luke was just around the corner, so hopefully we can cross that one off the list very shortly.
This is my hope, Rev. With the BP and Luke's Taun Taun coming, Hoth Luke can't be far behind.

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
I'd be very careful with this one guys. Hasbro is a company that seems happy to step in and make gestures when there is a cause to support, but they do so at their own choosing, which, to be honest, is appropriate.
You're reading too much into it. My idea was for RS to submit it as the number 1 site choice and nothing more. It would still get lost in the mix from when the other 10+ sites submitted their choices, whereupon it would be represented by a fair points allocation and fan vote at the final official stage.

And I am not trying to push any kind of selfish agenda for I have already stated it wouldn't be my personal choice. I'd always go for a previously-unmade OT alien above everything else.

Reaction score

no clue who that guy who passed is.

Darth Plageuis? There's a character overdue to be retcon'd into a figure.

Reaction score

GarvenDreis said:
I really have no idea how this works since I've never been on this site for one. So we just make a wishlist of 10 figures we'd like to see and we vote on them as a group like the 2007 Dark Trooper?

Thanks in advance.
Not really...we already have our list, in a way. Our annual wishlist poll results are posted above.

What normally happens is that people feel they might have voted differently had they know the winner was going to be made...so we will have another round of voting soon.

There's something else happening to the site that I want to time with the new poll...hopefully next week.

Sort of...the list of candidates has already been determined in our wishlist poll...now it is time to pick the favorites from those results.

In a sense, we are already done. See the list I posted earlier...but there is always some that feel they would have voted differently had they known the figure was actually going to get made.

There's something else happening very soon on the site...and I will be attempting to kick off the fans choice poll to coincide with that. Hopefully next week we can get things rolling!