Mara Jade - #14

Reaction score
Re: Hasbro Star Wars Fans\' Choice Poll Returns

Mr Curto said:
darth_sidious said:
Polls seem to be really complicated here compared to other sites, a simple top ten list from each member nominating their favorite characters might be more simple - unless Hasbro is asking this site to break everything down by category to gather more data...
The reason for this is actually pretty simple: We voted already!

The annual Wishlist Poll pretty much tells the story of what we (members of the Rebelscum community) want to see, and it's something that I think we shouldn't ignore. (Besides, we try to put some thought and logic behind this, rather than just throwing out a list of 10 names at random.)

I think that it's wrong to disregard all the data we've gathered so far.

I suppose we COULD just take the results, determine the overall standings of each character from the results, come up with our top 10 list, and call it a day. But having the poll is more fun.

I remember this came up back in 2009, so I'll have to go back and see what we did then. Not that we need to follow that same plan, but I'm curious to refer back to what we did before.
I agree with Curto. Our own wishlist poll should not be ignored and it's a good basis for this poll.

I also agree that polls are fun.

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
Mr Curto said:
darth_sidious said:
Polls seem to be really complicated here compared to other sites, a simple top ten list from each member nominating their favorite characters might be more simple - unless Hasbro is asking this site to break everything down by category to gather more data...

The annual Wishlist Poll pretty much tells the story of what we (members of the Rebelscum community) want to see, and it's something that I think we shouldn't ignore. (Besides, we try to put some thought and logic behind this, rather than just throwing out a list of 10 names at random.)

I suppose we COULD just take the results, determine the overall standings of each character from the results, come up with our top 10 list, and call it a day. But having the poll is more fun.

I remember this came up back in 2009, so I'll have to go back and see what we did then. Not that we need to follow that same plan, but I'm curious to refer back to what we did before.
I know, but a wishlist poll and a fans choice poll may turn out very differently. I'm willing to bet more people will vote in the fans choice poll than any wishlist we might run. The thing is, when fans know their vote will count toward the possible release of one of their most desired figures, they'll be sure to vote, whereas many members ignore the wishlist polls...

While that data is certainly useful, the results might be totally different if people knew that the end result would lead to Rebelscums top ten submission to Hasbro. Perhaps if this internal poll used all the top ten winners from each wishlist category, and combined them to give the members a very broad selection of nominees to vote for, it would work. I just want to make sure people arent mandated to pick characters from certain movies, thus submitting nominations they dont truly support. I simply think if someone wants to vote for 10 PT, 10 OT, or 10 EU characters, they should be allowed to - no restrictions.
This is EXACTLY true. A wishlist polling is different. And it won't represent exactly who the fans want. Period. I know a lot of work went into it but in ALL those pollings you did I don't recall more than a few figures I would want. Out of ALL the polls. But I can easily come up with 10 on my own I would want. It needs to be everyone just giving thier top 10. It's the only fair way to do it. Esspecially for all the other people from other sites that will now take part.

GNT

Reaction score

If you go by the top 10 overall figures from the wishlist threads the list would be as follows:

Toryn Farr
Captain/Admiral Piett
Mosep Bineed
Luke Skywalker - Hoth
Sim Aloo
Nien Nunb
Jocasta Nu
Fozec
Cliegg Lars
Sgt. Doallyn

No EU, TPM, ROTS or Clone Wars make the list.

Reaction score

Here is the list I got.
I went through and picked out the top 10 from each of the 9 categories...then arranged them all by their number ranking:

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68
Ahsoka Tano (TCW Season Three) 4.68
Captain/Admiral Piett 4.65
Luke Skywalker (Hoth) 4.63
Vintage Nikto 4.63
Savage Oppress (TCW) 4.63
Ree Yees 4.59
Lumat & Ewok Pipe Smoker 4.58
Princess Leia (Main Outfit) 4.55
Toryn Farr 4.55

TOP 30 (continued)
Royal Guard 4.53
Teebo & Ewok w/ E-11 4.53
Baniss Keeg (Chachi De Maal) 4.50
Saelt Marae 4.50
Weequay (Sail Barge) 4.47
Mara Jade Skywalker (Jedi) 4.48
Mara Jade (Emperor's Hand) 4.48
Hoth Rebel Soldier (Vintage Commander) 4.46
Sim Aloo 4.46
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45
Death Squad Commander 4.44
Commander Praji 4.42
Princess Leia (Bespin Gown) * 4.42
Cad Bane 4.42
Modal Node 4.40
Han Solo (Carbon Freezing Chamber / Carbonite Block) 4.39
Princess Leia (Ceremony) 4.37
Arleil Schous 4.36
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape) 4.34
Takeel / Zutton / Snaggletooth 4.33

TOP 52 (see below)
Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Pilot) 4.31
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30
Mosep Bineed 4.30
EG-6 Power Droid (Lars Homestead) 4.30
Pre Vizsla 4.30
Darth Plageuis 4.30
Arena Amidala - 4.26
Lando Calrissian (Bespin Administrator) 4.25
Ahsoka Tano (Seasons One and Two) 4.25
Captain Rex 4.24
Jocasta Nu - 4.21
Merumeru 4.20
Darth Sidious (Office Duel) 4.17
Tarfful 4.16
Wookie Warrior 4.15
Asajj Ventress (Season One) 4.14
Mandalorian Deathwatch Warrior 4.09
Cliegg Lars - 4.05
Guri 4.04
Emperor Palpatine (Foundation of Empire) 4.03
Dash Rendar 4.03
Noghri Warrior 4.02

...and the rest
Queen Amidala - Theed Battle 3.97
Mawhonic 3.95
Luminara Unduli - 3.95
Captain/Admiral Pellaeon 3.94
Darth Maladi 3.93
Mother Talzin 3.92
Anakin Solo (Jedi Knight) 3.92
Embo 3.91
Ben Skywalker (Jedi) 3.91
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88
Tey How 3.86
Captain Panaka / Naboo Security Officer 3.86
R5-X2 3.86
Kitster & Wald 3.84
Loyalist Committee Amidala - 3.82
Pablo Jill - 3.80
Queen Amidala - Post Senate 3.79
Aehrrley Rue 3.79
Meadow Picnic Amidala - 3.76
Coleman Kcaj 3.75
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74
Senator Amidala (Anakin's Return) 3.74
J'oopi She' (Klaatu Jedi) 3.65
Senator Amidala (Declaration of the Empire) 3.65
Tikkes - 3.64
Nute Gunray 3.64

In 2009, we took the top 100 characters from the Wishlist Poll (after much discussion) and made a new poll. If we follow that pattern, We can just use these 90 characters.

If we eliminate by value (say, no one less than 4.0 is eligible), then the number ends at 52 characters (DC comics fans take note!)

Also, I did not go through and eliminate any confirmed/rumored characters, or deal with ties, or anything like that. That would change the list of course.

OR, we don't have to vote at all...and just go with the top 10 list above.

Reaction score

UPDATE! As you may have noticed, there is no such date as November 31st. ("30 days hath September, April, June and November...") So the deadline is actually going to be December 1.

Reaction score

Fozec

Cain Adiss

Barada

Lyn My

Rystall

Xoxgit

Yak Face

Reaction score

What? No love for Admiral Daala?

Getting passed over because she's a woman again!

Reaction score

I am loving GNTs list!

As I mentioned at the time, the whole wishful-thinking Ewok 2-pack idea needs to die, like, NOW. Not going to happens and wastes a slot on a nomination hasbro will ignore.

Reaction score

My concern is that with any cartoon character being done in a realistic style, people are going to push for that because they'll want something done in a realistic style in the hopes Hasbro will make more.

And I have to admit, I didn't understand how the poll worked here last time at all. It seemed incredibly complicated and I didn't understand how things with a score of 4.1 or whatever was a top contender.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
darth_sidious said:

Regarding disregarding the data already collected, perhaps people have changed their wants since then. Granted there may only be a few people who have changed, but still.

And again I don't understand the top 10 list thing. We would then vote for one figure out of the top 10? Or present all 10 to Hasbro even though they're only going to make one?

I think everyone should submit their list of figures they want made, the lists get aggregated into one, then everyone gets one vote and whichever figures gets the most votes wins. Simple.

Reaction score

I agree that the categories are too complicated. If Hasbro is asking what we want, then the list for today is not the list from last year or the year before that. Opinions change. I'd vote that we just start a poll right now for this survey and submit those results to Hasbro. each fan submits 10 choices and the one that is on the most lists is the nomination for this website. If Hasbro wants to celebrate ROTJ 30th, then they should make that clear by calling it 'ROTJ Fan's Choice'. If they don't, then the feild is open. And that is the opinion of someone who wants all the vintage figures re-made before anything from the prequels or expanded universe. I just realize I'm not the only fan. My list would go like this:

Governor Tarkin

Emperor Palpatine

Emperor's Royal Guard

Hammerhead

Power Droid

Nein Nunb (falcon)

Klaatu (Skiff)

Ree-Yees

Squid Head

8D8

Reaction score

Keller71 said:
Darth_Satan said:
I am loving GNTs list!
I am too.
Same here, but seriously this late in the game why the heck do we have to waste a vote for Hoth Luke!

IMHO we shouldn't even be wasting votes for core Characters, those figures should be a given!

Reaction score

DarkKnight07 said:
Mr Curto said:
darth_sidious said:

Regarding disregarding the data already collected, perhaps people have changed their wants since then. Granted there may only be a few people who have changed, but still.

And again I don't understand the top 10 list thing. We would then vote for one figure out of the top 10? Or present all 10 to Hasbro even though they're only going to make one?

I think everyone should submit their list of figures they want made, the lists get aggregated into one, then everyone gets one vote and whichever figures gets the most votes wins. Simple.
I think each website sends a top ten list of the characters that got the most votes from each sites own internal poll. Hasbro will then use all the lists from the sites to create their own list, which we will all vote on - thats how I understand it...

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
IMHO we shouldn't even be wasting votes for core Characters, those figures should be a given!
That's my philosophy too. I think it's pointless to hit any main character that we all know will be tackled. A fan's choice poll should identify an obscure character that Hasbro would never make on their own. ICMG was just such a character. I'd pick an obscure Jabba guard at this point.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
Keller71 said:
Darth_Satan said:
I am loving GNTs list!
I am too.
Same here, but seriously this late in the game why the heck do we have to waste a vote for Hoth Luke!

I hate GNT's list. No EU? Complete waste of a poll, in that case. People like Darth Satan (not necessarily DS himself) tend to forget that the movie figures tend to rank higher because...

...EU fans like the movies, TOO! The movies are the reason we got into the EU in the first place!

Dan's list is better, HOWEVER I think we need to be really picky with it.

For instance, I think we should remove most of the CW Realistic figures. We know they're coming, and we can make fairly reasonable guesses as to which ones Hasbro will make (Ahsoka in one or both outfits and Rex, for starters). Cad Bane & Embo may not be as high up on Hasbro's list, and many of us readily accept the latest Cad Bane figure as "close enough!" for realistic purposes so maybe just Embo and Pre Vizsla and other similar types should stay.

Main-outfit Princess Leia's another one that should go, and Hoth Luke of course. Those SHOULD be tackled by Hasbro WITHOUT our intervention...and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if, say, ANH Leia won, and Hasbro just said "Oh, well, we were updating her already" and it's literally just VOTC Leia's head on Frigate Leia's body. The flip side is she could win and Hasbro will be surprised since they had no plans to revisit her...and put that tiny VOTC head on the Frigate body and call it done, despite that NOT being what fans are really asking for. That would mean we wasted a Fan's Choice figure on a custom that any of us could do--and many HAVE done, in absence of a better ANH Leia headsculpt--and only the MOC people would be marginally happy over it.

And anyone that's 'confirmed' or as good as... wasn't Nien Nunb promised already? Then again, so is Hoth Luke I think... so, characters like that should be weeded out of the 90 or whatever.

Reaction score

I agree with Toon. We need EU included in this poll, even if an EU character doesn't win, just to show Hasbro which chararcters are really wanted.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
No EU? Complete waste of a poll, in that case. People like Darth Satan (not necessarily DS himself) tend to forget that the movie figures tend to rank higher because...

...EU fans like the movies, TOO!
Fair point, but counterbalanced by the fact that only a certain % of movie fans like EU, and they are further fragmented by both the era of the EU which they like as well as the media upon which it is to be found.

No poll is a waste! If it disagrees with one's own opinion all it means is that one is overall outnumbered. It does not mean one is wrong and it is valid regardless.

Reaction score

I never participated in the wish list polls this year, and I'm sure some others haven't as well, simply because I was not interested in that. This, however, I am interested in.

In 2009 I did participate in the wish list polls, and even though I did I was still sort of annoyed that those polls went towards the Fan's Choice list for this site. Why? Because I actually would vote DIFFERENTLY if I knew it was going to be for a Fan's Choice poll. Again, I'm sure other people here feel the same way.

I think the best, and simplest, way of going about this is simply starting a new poll where everyone can just list their top ten, regardless of category, and then those results would be counted. The top ten characters out of everyone's lists would be the ten to send to Hasbro.

Reaction score

Got my top ten ready.

1. Mon Mothma.
2. Jocasta Nu.
3. Zayne Carrick.
4. Kal Skirata.
5. Emperor's Hand Mara Jade. (Seriously, that CP one isn't what I call a good impression.
6. Walon Vau with Mird.
7. TOR Darth Malgus.
8. AOTC Concept Clone Trooper.
9. ROTS Funeral Padme.
10. Starfighter & Jedi Starfighter Nym.

That's all Folks!

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Here is the list I got.
I went through and picked out the top 10 from each of the 9 categories...then arranged them all by their number ranking:

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68
Vintage Nikto 4.63
Ree Yees 4.59
Toryn Farr 4.55

TOP 30 (continued)
Royal Guard 4.53
Saelt Marae 4.50
Sim Aloo 4.46
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45
Commander Praji 4.42
Cad Bane 4.42
Modal Node 4.40
Arleil Schous 4.36

TOP 52 (see below)
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30
Mosep Bineed 4.30
Pre Vizsla 4.30
Darth Plageuis 4.30
Arena Amidala - 4.26
Captain Rex 4.24
Jocasta Nu - 4.21
Merumeru 4.20
Tarfful 4.16
Wookie Warrior 4.15
Cliegg Lars - 4.05
Guri 4.04
Dash Rendar 4.03
Noghri Warrior 4.02

...and the rest
Mawhonic 3.95
Luminara Unduli - 3.95
Darth Maladi 3.93
Mother Talzin 3.92
Embo 3.91
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88
Tey How 3.86
R5-X2 3.86
Kitster & Wald 3.84
Pablo Jill - 3.80
Aehrrley Rue 3.79
Coleman Kcaj 3.75
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74
Tikkes - 3.64
Nute Gunray 3.64

In 2009, we took the top 100 characters from the Wishlist Poll (after much discussion) and made a new poll. If we follow that pattern, We can just use these 90 characters.

If we eliminate by value (say, no one less than 4.0 is eligible), then the number ends at 52 characters (DC comics fans take note!)

Also, I did not go through and eliminate any confirmed/rumored characters, or deal with ties, or anything like that. That would change the list of course.

See on this list there are exactly 10 figures I want at all. At all. And only 2 my friend wants and he'd vote in the poll. Of the 10 I want only 4 are going to make my top 10 list. See how that isn't an acurate representation? A LOT more people will vote in the poll for this than voted on the wishlist forums. And it's wrong to count those people out by giving them a preset list they have to choose from. That's NOT a fan's choice poll. At all.

Reaction score

The top 10 list above contains many figures already in the works or probably will be very soon. Taking that larger list of 80 or so is ok. A winning figure from outside that list is not very likely. I do believe voting for a fans choice figure is different from just voting in the normal polls, because this is a sure fire way to get Hasbro to make a figure they were not as likely to do at least right away. I don't care if we start all over or not, but i think the larger 80 list is good enough to start from.

Reaction score

Deathbymonkeys said:
That's NOT a fan's choice poll. At all.
It is, it's just not your fan's choice. The other sites do polls and get wildly varied results which will carry the same weight as Rebelscum's in the final Hasbro evaluation. It is as fair as it can be.

Reaction score

Darth_Satan said:
Deathbymonkeys said:
That's NOT a fan's choice poll. At all.
It is, it's just not your fan's choice. The other sites do polls and get wildly varied results which will carry the same weight as Rebelscum's in the final Hasbro evaluation. It is as fair as it can be.
I didn't see anything about other sites doing polls? I thought the only poll was AT rebelscum. At least that's what I read in the press release thing.

Reaction score

Revanfan1 said:
I agree with Toon. We need EU included in this poll, even if an EU character doesn't win, just to show Hasbro which chararcters are really wanted.
This is the important part. Generally, EU releases have taken their cues from fan feedback about our interest. This has pretty much been confined to the Fan's Choice polls. I agree with dumping Clone Wars and cutting out Realistic CORE Clone Wars characters. Also if any of the core characters are up for nominations in EU Outfits (ie: NJO Leia or Han), I'd be in favor of lopping them out as well. But EU needs fair representation. Zayne Carrick, Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker, Darth Plaguis etc. have all hit pretty high in wishlists for a while. At least ONE of these should be in a list sent to Hasbro.

Also in favor of getting rid of characters that Hasbro absolutely has to get around to (Hoth Luke, Tarkin, Nien Numb) but keeping those they are likely to drag their feet on (Jocasta Nu, Mon Mothma, pretty much any older female).

Also looking at this list:

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68 - Wasn't he in the works?
Ahsoka Tano (TCW Season Three) 4.68 - This should go. It's a given she'll be made if they do realistic.
Captain/Admiral Piett 4.65- Keep
Luke Skywalker (Hoth) 4.63- This should go. It's a given they will make Luke in various outfits until the line dies. With a new tauntaun out, it's a very good guess that Hoth Luke is soon to follow.
Vintage Nikto 4.63- Keep
Savage Oppress (TCW) 4.63 - Like Ahoska, this one is a no brainer for Hasbro to do. I don't see the value of him on this list.
Ree Yees 4.59- Keep
Lumat & Ewok Pipe Smoker 4.58- Keep
Princess Leia (Main Outfit) 4.55 - Lose this one for sure.
Toryn Farr 4.55 - Keep

TOP 30 (continued)
Royal Guard 4.53 - This one has to be coming. They have the tooling already with the new senate guard. A wasted slot. Remove.
Teebo & Ewok w/ E-11 4.53- Keep
Baniss Keeg (Chachi De Maal) 4.50 - Keep
Saelt Marae 4.50- Keep
Weequay (Sail Barge) 4.47 - Keep
Mara Jade Skywalker (Jedi) 4.48 - Definitely Keep
Mara Jade (Emperor's Hand) 4.48- Maybe should go.
Hoth Rebel Soldier (Vintage Commander) 4.46- Remove.
Sim Aloo 4.46- Keep I suppose.
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45 - Remove.
Death Squad Commander 4.44 - Remove.
Commander Praji 4.42- Keep
Princess Leia (Bespin Gown) * 4.42 - Remove
Cad Bane 4.42 - See Ahoska and Savage No Brainer.
Modal Node 4.40- Keep
Han Solo (Carbon Freezing Chamber / Carbonite Block) 4.39 - Remove. Carbonite has to be coming just like Hoth Luke
Princess Leia (Ceremony) 4.37- Same as Han
Arleil Schous 4.36- Keep
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape) 4.34 - Remove
Takeel / Zutton / Snaggletooth 4.33 - Keep

TOP 52 (see below)
Wedge Antilles (Snowspeeder Pilot) 4.31 - This would be a half done repack. Remove
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30- Keep
Mosep Bineed 4.30- Keep
EG-6 Power Droid (Lars Homestead) 4.30 - Keep
Pre Vizsla 4.30 - Keep
Darth Plageuis 4.30 - Keep
Arena Amidala - 4.26 - Remove. AOTC 3D will be coming soon enough. Has to be made by then
Lando Calrissian (Bespin Administrator) 4.25 - Remove. Lando will surely show up again.
Ahsoka Tano (Seasons One and Two) 4.25 - Remove.
Captain Rex 4.24 - Remove.
Jocasta Nu - 4.21- Sadly have to keep since Hasbro likely needs fan feedback if they are to make her.
Merumeru 4.20 - Keep
Darth Sidious (Office Duel) 4.17 - Remove.
Tarfful 4.16 - Keep
Wookie Warrior 4.15 - Remove. Likely to be redone
Asajj Ventress (Season One) 4.14 - Given her diminished status, I'd say Keep this one
Mandalorian Deathwatch Warrior 4.09 - Keep
Cliegg Lars - 4.05 - Keep
Guri 4.04 - Keep
Emperor Palpatine (Foundation of Empire) 4.03 - Remove
Dash Rendar 4.03 - Keep
Noghri Warrior 4.02 - Keep

...and the rest
Queen Amidala - Theed Battle 3.97 - Remove. Likely to see a return this year anyway.
Mawhonic 3.95 - Remove. He's coming.
Luminara Unduli - 3.95 - Remove. She's a popular enough jedi that she'll get remade soon enough.
Captain/Admiral Pellaeon 3.94 - Keep
Darth Maladi 3.93 - Keep
Mother Talzin 3.92 - Remove
Anakin Solo (Jedi Knight) 3.92 - Keep
Embo 3.91 - Keep for now.
Ben Skywalker (Jedi) 3.91- Keep
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89 - Remove.
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88 - Keep
Tey How 3.86 - Keep for now.
Captain Panaka / Naboo Security Officer 3.86 - Maybe Keep. I still think he'll be coming next year.
R5-X2 3.86 - Keep
Kitster & Wald 3.84 - Keep
Loyalist Committee Amidala - 3.82 - Remove
Pablo Jill - 3.80 - Keep
Queen Amidala - Post Senate 3.79 - Remove
Aehrrley Rue 3.79 - Keep
Meadow Picnic Amidala - 3.76 - Remove
Coleman Kcaj 3.75 - Keep
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74 - Keep
Senator Amidala (Anakin's Return) 3.74 - Remove
J'oopi She' (Klaatu Jedi) 3.65 - Keep
Senator Amidala (Declaration of the Empire) 3.65 - Keep
Tikkes - 3.64 - Keep
Nute Gunray 3.64 - Remove for same reason as Tarkin and the others.

Reaction score

Yodaminch said:
Revanfan1 said:
This is the important part. Generally, EU releases have taken their cues from fan feedback about our interest. This has pretty much been confined to the Fan's Choice polls. I agree with dumping Clone Wars and cutting out Realistic CORE Clone Wars characters. Also if any of the core characters are up for nominations in EU Outfits (ie: NJO Leia or Han), I'd be in favor of lopping them out as well. But EU needs fair representation. Zayne Carrick , Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker, Darth Plaguis etc. have all hit pretty high in wishlists for a while. At least ONE of these should be in a list sent to Hasbro.

Also in favor of getting rid of characters that Hasbro absolutely has to get around to (Hoth Luke, Tarkin, Nien Numb) but keeping those they are likely to drag their feet on (Jocasta Nu, Mon Mothma, pretty much any older female).
See?

Anyway, Show your love for Zayne Carrick! We currently have fifteen in our petition, we need more!

Reaction score

Orangepeace considering TOR will be getting figures next year, you probably don't have to waste a vote on Darth Malgus.
If he doesn't get made then Hasbro definitely has no clue, he's a sith and a main characters so chances are beyond good.

While Curto's list is much better I still would buy 9 figures on GNT's list!

Out of that whole list Curto posted I'd definitely buy 52 of them, and maybes on a couple others.

The problem is I wan 50% of them equally as much, so it's very difficult to vote a top 10 for me personally.
I'd have to say most of my votes would have to go EU as they are less likely to get made then a movie figure.

Hopefully when to comes down to it, they'll do like the last one and eliminate candidates due to them already being planned.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Here is the list I got.

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68
Vintage Nikto 4.63
Ree Yees 4.59
Toryn Farr 4.55

TOP 30 (continued)
Royal Guard 4.53
Saelt Marae 4.50
Sim Aloo 4.46
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45
Commander Praji 4.42
Cad Bane 4.42
Modal Node 4.40
Arleil Schous 4.36

TOP 52 (see below)
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30
Mosep Bineed 4.30
Pre Vizsla 4.30
Darth Plageuis 4.30
Arena Amidala - 4.26
Captain Rex 4.24
Jocasta Nu - 4.21
Merumeru 4.20
Tarfful 4.16
Wookie Warrior 4.15
Cliegg Lars - 4.05
Guri 4.04
Dash Rendar 4.03
Noghri Warrior 4.02

...and the rest
Mawhonic 3.95
Luminara Unduli - 3.95
Darth Maladi 3.93
Mother Talzin 3.92
Embo 3.91
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88
Tey How 3.86
R5-X2 3.86
Kitster & Wald 3.84
Pablo Jill - 3.80
Aehrrley Rue 3.79
Coleman Kcaj 3.75
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74
Tikkes - 3.64
Nute Gunray 3.64

It looks like you left out quite a few characters that have not been confirmed in your top 90 list. Cane Adiss for one ended with a score of 3.7297 and should follow Nahdar Vebb (realistic, also missing, score 3.73) and precede Rebel Briefing R5 unit (also missing, score 3.7230). Why have you omitted some of these finalists from your list? Several others are also missing I noticed. All from the ROTJ list no less, which is probably the most popular category!

Gray Klaatu - 4.39
Vedain - 4.39
Vizam - 4.36
Barada - 4.35
Bib Fortuna - 4.32
Klaatu (vintage skiff guard) - 4.32
Tessek - 4.23
Taym Dren Garen - 4.22
EV- 9D9 - 4.20
Sy Snootles - 4.19
Fozec - 4.18
Shasa Tiel - 4.16
Velken/ Nizuk - 4.08
Geezum - 3.92
Y-Wing Pilot - 3.85
Yoxgit - 3.75
Cane Adiss - 3.72
R5 Rebel unit - 3.71

Reaction score

Yodaminch said:
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88 - Keep
Actually that one's a remove, like Mawhonic: he's on the way next year. With the ridiculous "G8-R3" name, judging by Hasbro's slideshow image.

Reaction score

Okay, MasterFett. I changed my list.

Got my top ten ready.

1. Mon Mothma.
2. Jocasta Nu.
3. Zayne Carrick.
4. Kal Skirata.
5. Emperor's Hand Mara Jade. (Seriously, that CP one isn't what I call a good impression.)
6. TFU Kazdan Paratus (Hopefully, if we vote hard enough. He'll end up #1.)
7. Walon Vau with Mird.
8. AOTC Concept Clone Trooper.
9. ROTS Funeral Padme.
10. Starfighter & Jedi Starfighter Nym.

Reaction score

Cane_Adiss said:
Mr Curto said:
Here is the list I got.
It looks like you left out quite a few characters that have not been confirmed in your top 90 list. Cane Adiss for one ended with a score of 3.7297 and should follow Nahdar Vebb (realistic, also missing, score 3.73) and precede Rebel Briefing R5 unit (also missing, score 3.7230). Why have you omitted some of these finalists from your list? Several others are also missing I noticed. All from the ROTJ list no less, which is probably the most popular category!

Gray Klaatu - 4.39
Vedain - 4.39
Vizam - 4.36
Barada - 4.35
Bib Fortuna - 4.32
Klaatu (vintage skiff guard) - 4.32
Tessek - 4.23
Taym Dren Garen - 4.22
EV- 9D9 - 4.20
Sy Snootles - 4.19
Fozec - 4.18
Shasa Tiel - 4.16
Velken/ Nizuk - 4.08
Geezum - 3.92
Y-Wing Pilot - 3.85
Yoxgit - 3.75
Cane Adiss - 3.72
R5 Rebel unit - 3.71
9 of my top 10 would come out of that list above. However, I'm sure leaving them out was just an oversight on Curto's part.

My choices:
Barada
Grey Klaatu
Vedain
Velken Tezeri
Vizam
Klaatu Skiff (vintage)
Vintage Nikto
Cane Adiss
Taym Dren-garen
Fozec

Reaction score

Cane_Adiss said:
I explained this already. As I said earlier, I took the top 10 characters from each category. The top 10 ROTJ characters were these:

Nien Nunb 4.6757
Vintage Nikto 4.6296
Ree Yees 4.5877
Lumat & Ewok Pipe Smoker 4.5780
Royal Guard 4.5314
Teebo & Ewok w/ E-11 4.5297
Saelt Marae 4.4975
Widdle & Oochee (Wunka) AT-ST Hijackers 4.4755
Weequay (Sail Barge) 4.4681
Sim Aloo 4.4642

Reaction score

Top Ten overall is fair. 10 choices per category times 8 categories totals 80 'fan favorites' per person. No one is actively campaigning for 80 figures. 10-20 is fine.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Cane_Adiss said:
I explained this already. As I said earlier, I took the top 10 characters from each category. The top 10 ROTJ characters were these:

Nien Nunb 4.6757
Vintage Nikto 4.6296
Ree Yees 4.5877
Lumat & Ewok Pipe Smoker 4.5780
Royal Guard 4.5314
Teebo & Ewok w/ E-11 4.5297
Saelt Marae 4.4975
Widdle & Oochee (Wunka) AT-ST Hijackers 4.4755
Weequay (Sail Barge) 4.4681
Sim Aloo 4.4642
I think what that person meant is since Lumat is already confirmed for 2012, shouldnt he be bumped off the list so that Cane Adiss can be added, etc? It makes sense to me, no point in voting for confirmed figures...

Reaction score

Ree Yees or Yak Face (one of these) is a confirmed figure for 2012 aswell Plus Weequay Hunter is confirmed for 2012 also..

I think these polls are fixed because Hasbro will make them anyway and these figures are probably in their parking lot!!

Reaction score

Trooper31 said:
Mr Curto said:
darth_sidious said:

I agree with Curto. Our own wishlist poll should not be ignored and it's a good basis for this poll.

I also agree that polls are fun.
I agree with all of this and Curto...

Maybe we should take the top 3 or top 5 finishers in EACH category from our Wishlist Poll results... create a list of 40 or so nominees like that...

Then strait vote the 40 nominees, we each get 10 choices... presto the results...

There isn't much time til Sept 28...
This is a much smaller time window then last time...

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I think these polls are fixed because Hasbro will make them anyway and these figures are probably in their parking lot!!

[/QUOTE]

That's a very good remark. That's why the choice should be between figures that Hasbro isn't planning to make in the upcoming years.

They will remake every PotF II figure (8D8, EV-9D9, Kithaba, Saelt Marae, Ree-Yees, ...) except perhaps for the members of the Max Rebo Band. I would like to see a more realistic Rappertunie, instead of the oversized figure.

Reaction score

Okay, I just went through and added every character from the 8 polls (not counting TCW "normal")

The complete list is ranked in this order. Any characters that should be removed because they are previously confirmed/rumored/etc. will bump up the next character. We obviously don't know who is in the "parking lot"...but for the purposes of this poll, that shouldn't matter. Every FC poll has been like this, where some of the top characters chosen are already in the works. That's good...it means they are in touch with what we want. (and I'd like to think our annual Wishlist Polls help them with that.)

TOP 10
Nien Nunb 4.68
Ahsoka Tano - Season Three 4.68
Luke Skywalker - Hoth 4.63
Vintage Nikto (Vink'to) 4.63
Savage Oppress 4.63
Ree Yees 4.59
Princess Leia - Main Outfit 4.55
Toryn Farr 4.55

TOP 30
Royal Guard 4.53
Baniss Keeg 4.50
Saelt Marae 4.50
Widdle & Oochee (Wunka) AT-ST Hijackers 4.48
Mara Jade Skywalker - Jedi NJO and beyond 4.48
Mara Jade - Emperor's Hand Alliegance 4.48
Sim Aloo 4.46
Snowtrooper Officer 4.45
Death Star Trooper (Gray Tunic) 4.44
Emperor Palpatine 4.43
Commander Praji 4.42
Princess Leia - Bespin Gown 4.42
Sgt. Doallyn 4.42
Cad Bane 4.42
Cantina Band Member 4.40
Klaatu - Guard Skiff (Gray Outfit) 4.40
Vedain (Skiff Driver) 4.39

TOP 52
Han Solo - Carbon Freezing Chamber / Carbonite Block 4.39
Princess Leia - Ceremony 4.37
Vizam (Sail Barge Nikto) 4.37
Arleil Schous 4.36
Barada 4.35
Princess Leia - Bespin Escape 4.34
Bib Fortuna 4.33
Yotts Oren (Klaatu Skiff Guard) 4.32
Wedge Antilles - Snowspeeder Pilot 4.31
Ann/Tan Gella 4.30
Mosep Bineed 4.30
EG-6 Power Droid - Lars Homestead 4.30
Darth Plageuis Essential Guide to the Force 4.30
Pre Vizsla 4.30
Red 6 - Jek Porkins 4.28
Owen Lars 4.27
Lando Calrissian - Skiff Guard Disguise 4.27
Arena Amidala - 4.26
Tessek 4.26
Lando Calrissian - Bespin 4.25
Ahsoka Tano - Seasons One and Two 4.25

TOP 90
Captain Rex 4.24
Taym Dren Garen 4.23
Jocasta Nu - 4.21
Yoda 4.21
EV-9D9 4.20
Merumeru 4.20
Tusken Raider 4.20
Sy Snootles (Vintage) 4.20
Fozec 4.18
Imperial Probe Droid 4.18
Darth Sidious - Office Duel 4.17
Tarfful 4.16
Admiral Motti 4.16
Lt. Sheckil 4.16
Shasa Tiel 4.16
Wookie Warrior 4.150
Asajj Ventress - Season One 4.14
Lak Sivrak 4.11
Wuher 4.10
Reegesk 4.09
Velken Terezi / Nizuc Bek 4.09
Princess Leia - Ewok Village 4.07
Labria 4.08
Commander Vanden Willard 4.06
Cliegg Lars - 4.05
Guri Shadows of the Empire 4.04
Emperor Palpatine - Foundation of Empire 4.03
Beru Lars 4.03
Gold 5 - Davish Pops Krail 4.03
Bespin Guard - Vintage 4.03
Dash Rendar Shadows of the Empire 4.03
Echo Base Command Tech (Romas Navander, etc.) 4.02
Noghri Warrior Thrawn Trilogy 4.02
Gold 2 - Tiree 4.01
Luke Skywalker - Dagobah Training 4.01
2-1B 4.01
Solomahal 4.00

...and the rest!
Dans Borin 3.99
Imperial Technician / Communications 3.97
Mawhonic 3.95
Luminara Unduli - 3.95
General Bob Hudsol 3.95
Momaw Nadon 3.95
Captain/Admiral Pellaeon Thrawn Trilogy 3.94
Red 10 - Theron Nett 3.93
Lobot 3.93
Derek "Hobbie" Klivian 3.93
Geezum 3.93
Darth Maladi Legacy 3.93
Anakin Solo (Jedi Knight) NJO 3.92
Mother Talzin 3.92
Tzizvvt 3.91
Ben Skywalker (Jedi) LOTF/FOTJ 3.91
Embo 3.91
Darth Wyrrlok Legacy 3.90
Darth Caedus Legacy of the Force 3.90
Lakeside Amidala - 3.89
R5-A7 (G8-R3) 3.88
Tey How 3.86
R5-X2 3.86
Y-Wing / Gray Squadron Pilot 3.8585
Admiral Daala Jedi Academy 3.86
Melas 3.85
Darth Sion Knights of the Old Republic II 3.85
Sith Trooper Knights of the Old Republic 3.85
Kitster & Wald 3.84
Hondo Ohnaka 3.84
Corran Horn (Jedi Master) NJO/LOTF 3.82
Joruus C'Baoth Thrawn Trilogy 3.82
Pablo Jill - 3.80
Aehrrley Rue 3.79
Echo Base Tauntaun Handler 3.79
Naboo Royal Guard 3.77
Adi Galia 3.76
Naboo Security "Enlisted" 3.75
Coleman Kcaj 3.75
Yerka Mig 3.75
Yoxgit 3.75
Sarissa Jeng - 3.74
Senator Amidala - Anakin's Return 3.74
Nadhar Vebb 3.74
Cane Adiss 3.73
R5 Unit - Rebel Briefing (Maroon & Silver Markings) 3.72
Tera Sinube 3.72
Padme Naberrie - Tatooine 3.71
Celeste Morne Knights of the Old Republic 3.69
Eeth Koth 3.68
Mission Vao Knights of the Old Republic 3.66
Senator Amidala - Declaration of the Empire 3.65
Depa Bilaba 3.64
Tikkes - 3.64
Nute Gunray 3.64
Packing Amidala - 3.63
C-3P0 3.62
Nomi Sunider Tales of the Jedi 3.62
Captain Tarpals 3.61
Winter Rouge Squadron 3.61
GH-7 & EW-3 Midwife Droids 3.60
Boba Fett - 3.59
Kazdan Paratus The Force Unleashed 3.57
T3-M4 Knights of the Old Republic 3.57
Zayne Carrick Knights of the Old Republic 3.56
Onaconda Farr - 3.55
Mon Calamari Water Dancer (Female) 3.55
Duchess Satine Kryze 3.55
Daultay Dofine 3.54
Treva Horme 3.54
Ki-Adi-Mundi 3.53
Anakin Skywalker - Tatooine 3.52
Ark "Bumpy" Roose 3.52
Admiral Yularen 3.52
Emperor Roan Fel Legacy 3.51
Elan Mak (Kam Nale) 3.50
Chukha Trok Ewok Movies 3.50
Senator Amidala - Funeral 3.49
BD-3000 "Betty Bot" 3.49
Kyp Durron Invasion & NJO 3.48
Tahiri Veila NJO 3.48
Commando Droid 3.48
Nute Gunray 3.47
Ma'kis'shaalas (Nikto Jedi) 3.47
Anakin Skywalker - Seasons One and Two 3.47
Captain Rex - Cold Weather Gear 3.47
Wiorkettle 3.46
Dorme - 3.45
Vergere Legacy / NJO 3.44
Sar Labooda - 3.43
Senator Amidala - Peacock Dress 3.40
Anakin Skywalker - Padawan 3.39
Toonbuck Toora - 3.39
Commander Cody 3.39
Rune Haako - 3.38
Rune Haako 3.36
Battle Droid 3.34
Sephjet Josall - 3.34
Rogwa Wodrata - 3.33
Senator Fang Zar 3.31
Whie Malreaux 3.30
Queen Jamilla - 3.28
Anakin Skywalker - Season Three 3.28
Queen Apailana 3.26
Corde - 3.25
A-Wing Pilot w/ X-Wing Helmet 3.25
Carth Onasi Knights of the Old Republic 3.24
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Seasons One and Two 3.23
Clone Pilot Oddball 3.22
Jaxxon Marvel 3.22
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Season Three 3.22
Saesee Tiin 3.15
Hermione Bagwa - 3.02

I'm flexible on removing the realistic TCW characters...as we discussed very early on in the Wishlist Poll, there are 5-6 that are no-brainers that Hasbro undoubtedly has planned already. But you never know...plus, there's some duplicates here.

We need to provide a ranked list of 10 characters to Hasbro, who will assign them point values and combine them with other website's lists (there are about 15-20 sites involved now), then the top 20 from that ranked list will be posted on Star Wars Insider's website for fans worldwide to vote on. The top figure from that vote will be the new Fans' Choice Figure, due out in 2013 (hopefully). This will be revealed at Toy Fair in February.

Every website will run their polls differently...it's up to each site to determine how they want to handle making up the list. So check them all out and vote there if you'd like.

Reaction score

KotOR has done it twice. I say we go for a third time. Sith Trooper or Jolee Bindo!!!!!!!

Reaction score

Nactous said:
KotOR has done it twice. I say we go for a third time. Sith Trooper or Jolee Bindo!!!!!!!
Second. Sith trooper , T3-M4 or Darth Sion would be awesome.