Mandalorian Super Commando - VC243

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have announced a normal Mandalorian Commando figure in The Vintage Collection. We did hear of a Super Mandalorian Commando Captain last year so I hope we still that one as well.

Who will be purchasing this figure?

4459B6EB-5663-4C41-A17D-FA28845A18B4.jpeg

Reaction score
I'll likely get one or two just because, and as long as it doesn't sport the horns but I'd rather get a Mandalorian Loyalist version.

Reaction score
I may get one since I have the Black Series of this figure. It isn't from the "Mandalorian" show, but it is a Mandalorian.

Reaction score
That's a lot of Mandalorians lately. Cool but yet another Mando helmet in the collection.

Reaction score
Is this Mandalorian Commando still happening or was it confused with the Super Commando Captain that was shown on today's livestream?

Reaction score
It's a different figure.
Its a little confusing so i can understand... so far we have
Mandalorian Commando (This figure i assume a CW Card?)
Death Watch Mandalroian (Mandalorian Card) Ahsoka/Yoda wave
Mandalorian Super Commando Captain w/the horns (CW Card) Din Morak wave
Mandalorian Death Watch Airborne Trooper (CW Card) Din Morak wave

Reaction score
Its a little confusing so i can understand... so far we have
Mandalorian Commando (This figure i assume a CW Card?)
Death Watch Mandalroian (Mandalorian Card) Ahsoka/Yoda wave
Mandalorian Super Commando Captain w/the horns (CW Card) Din Morak wave
Mandalorian Death Watch Airborne Trooper (CW Card) Din Morak wave

I had to do the same thing:

Upcoming Mandalorian Troopers:

Death Watch Mandalorian (the Mandalorian):

d1JO0wU.jpg

Death Watch Airborne Trooper (the Clone Wars)

1MqibZD.jpg

Mandalorian Super Commando Captain (the Clone Wars)

0yUSjFa.jpg

Mandalorian Commando (the Clone Wars)

HvXlfSu.jpg

Reaction score
I'll take all these nice looking Mandalorian figures of characters that actually do something in the media as opposed to some character that walked by the screen on accident in 1983

Reaction score
I'll take all these nice looking Mandalorian figures of characters that actually do something in the media as opposed to some character that walked by the screen on accident in 1983
057dfe195dd1b207ee4e5777ac3b345b.gif

I agree so much. Give me rebel pilots, random Mandalorians (randolorians), obscure Clone Trooper variants, unnamed Astromech and Protocol droids... enough with Sail Barge Alien #52 that was made from old Doctor Who costume pieces.

Reaction score
You do realize that 90% of what you listed also just walked by on screen right? I mean I recall several Pilots being made that were only glanced at once. lol

IMO without those randos this would be a very small line and probably ended decades ago.

Reaction score
There's a difference between a retooled pilot that can be used in an X-Wing or an interesting army builder and a cobbled-together alien to make a scene more interesting. If you like the latter, more power to you, but that's what get us the infamous shelfwarmer of 2008: Yarna. Troopers and pilots are at least recognizable by casual viewers and non-fans. It's iconic imagery.

Reaction score
Lets not forget that currently Lando is vying for that top peg warming spot as we speak, and you can't fault 1000's of other characters for one production mistake.

And frankly pegwarming wasn't a thing until after the 90's when toys were taken over by collectors.

Reaction score
You do realize that 90% of what you listed also just walked by on screen right? I mean I recall several Pilots being made that were only glanced at once. lol

IMO without those randos this would be a very small line and probably ended decades ago.

I say gimme all of them. I like troopers and pilots, but I also like my obscure aliens. Especially if they're part of a dio that I've already got numerous figures for. Jabba's Palace for example. And I know they're not always popular with everybody, but my collection started with me buying Cantina figures. That said, I still need Red Leader, and wouldn't mind a couple more classic pilots. I want 'em all!

Reaction score
I had to do the same thing:

Upcoming Mandalorian Troopers:

Death Watch Mandalorian (the Mandalorian):

Death Watch Airborne Trooper (the Clone Wars)

Mandalorian Super Commando Captain (the Clone Wars)

Mandalorian Commando (the Clone Wars)

Thanks for this. Had to check on what I ordered to make sure I hadn't missed one. I'm sure the Super Commando Captain was previously called Mando Loyalist.

So looks like this one, Mandalorian Commando isn't available to order yet, which means I'm good.

Reaction score
Thanks for this. Had to check on what I ordered to make sure I hadn't missed one. I'm sure the Super Commando Captain was previously called Mando Loyalist.

So looks like this one, Mandalorian Commando isn't available to order yet, which means I'm good.
Mando loyalist = mandalorian Airbourne trooper

What I find peculiar is the airbourne trooper and death watch trooper both being blue/grey colored armor and both have orange name-pill background colors. Seems like could be a bit confusing on pegs at first glance. Same w/ all 3 501st ARC troopers on w/ yellow cardbacks. All scariff troopers...lt blue. All Din Darin/The Mandalorians...orange. All R1 heroes...Green. All Ahsokas & Mauls...blue So I'll l call it now, Mando commando will be on red cardback just like super Mando commando capt

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think most people pay that much attention to packaging and there are enough differences in the actual figure to know who it is you're after, if you're a fan. If you're not then the "unknown" aspect is basically every figure that's not Han Luke and Vader.

Besides you're assuming that both of these Mandalorian Figures are going to be on shelf at the exact same time, and I don't think they will be.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Mandalorian Super Commando from The Clone Wars. Code-named "Seattle". Comes with two WESTAR-35 blaster pistols, GALAAR-15 blaster carbine, and JT-12 jetpack.

On shelf Winter 2022. MSRP is $14.99. Available for pre-order May 5th at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH scale classic figures and vehicles feature original vintage-inspired packaging and Kenner branding. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO figure is inspired by the character in STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS. A coup topples the pacifist regime of the New Mandalorians led by Maul. His loyal Mandalorians modify their armor to reflect their allegiance as they wear red and black armor, and some even fashion horns atop their helmets. Highly poseable with realistic detail, this 3.75-inch-scale figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. Includes figure comes with 4 entertainment-inspired accessories.

Press Images

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-3.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-5.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-TCW-Loose-7.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s weird: this one looks fine to me, but I didn’t like the Super Commando Captain because the horns were too short and stubby.

Go figure. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reaction score
I like the looks, this one falls into the "likely...... but not yet 100% certain purchase just yet." Wish the figure had holsters for the two smaller blasters, multiple weapons are cool but I almost always end up misplacing some with a way to keep it with a certain figure.

Reaction score
Thought those were holsters on his side thigh armors?

Reaction score
I wondered about that too, but I think it's just a raised notch running the length of the thigh. I can't say for certain if it that's just armor deco but it didn't appear to be a functional pair of holsters to me. Maybe more future pics will give clarity.