Mandalorian Super Commando - #TCW05

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the Mandalorian Super Commando figure.

Who wants this figure?

Reaction score
This is by far the most amazing Mando armor figure in this line. Please forgive me Boba Fett but it's true. I am coming out of retirement for this one.

Reaction score
This is the one I'm the most interested in, but given past experience with Walmart, still not gonna lose it if I don't get one.
But if I happen to be free at 9:58am today, I might try! 😁

Reaction score
I agree, they should have just made a new mold if they were going to get this many uses out of it. Jango's sculpt shouldn't be used for rank and file troops, he's just too thick in the mid section, well unless every mandalorian is near retirement.

They're definitely getting their Monies worth from that sculpt though, original release, Gaming Greats and now these two. And i wouldn't be surprised if we see it used again for one from The Mandlorian show itself.

I can pass on this one as I never got into the whole Maul/Mando craze, it's merely horns attached to the helmet and painted in his colors.
If i run across one for a more decent price that I'm willing to pay, perhaps.

Reaction score
This is the only one I passed on, I loved the siege arc but I'm not a huge fan of Darth Maul horns on Mandalorian helmets.

Reaction score

oh yeah. im on board.
So I'm still confused about this one. It's NOT Gar Saxon? And so are there multiples of this particular one running around? Or is this guy a unique Trooper. Because most of the Troopers seem to have hornless helmets.

Reaction score
So I'm still confused about this one. It's NOT Gar Saxon? And so are there multiples of this particular one running around? Or is this guy a unique Trooper. Because most of the Troopers seem to have hornless helmets.
it is not Gar.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mandalorian_super_commando/Legends

" The super commandos guarded the Sundari Royal Palace under Maul's reign, they were used as both guards and soldiers "

Gar has the a more pointy yellow visor and armor accents.

Reaction score
Jango has a unique build and physique that works for him, but that body seems too identifiable for what should be a faceless army-builder. I would have the same thoughts if I were customizing Jango to make my own Maul-Mando.

Reaction score
Gar Saxon looks slightly different.

it is not Gar.

" The super commandos guarded the Sundari Royal Palace under Maul's reign, they were used as both guards and soldiers "

Ok so According to Wookiepedia the super commando we now have a figure of is a captain. I hope we get regular un horned troops, with their different paint jobs,too

Reaction score
I don't know how interchangeable the sculpts are with each other, but perhaps Boba's torso could work with these legs etc?
Then again i don't have him to compare so not sure it's any better choice.

Reaction score
Definitely want this one. Not sure I’ll be able to get it, unless it shows up at other retailers or Walmart Canada.

Reaction score
it is not Gar.

Yeah Gar wasn’t ever named in CW until season 7. He first appeared in the Maul comic after CW got canceled when he broke Maul out of Palps prison. Same thing with the female Mauldalorian Rook. The horned dude in the original CW never spoke so for all we know it could be Gar but it’s not canon atm.

Reaction score
Are you sure about that? I thought for sure I remember hearing him referred to Gar much earlier that season 7.

Reaction score
He was first named in TCW in Season 7, but he showed up in the Son of Dathomir comic in 2014, and on Rebels in Season 3.

Reaction score
Ah ok, that's why I remember it since before Season 7. For a minute i thought that i was going to have to re-watch every episode of TCW until i found it! lol

Reaction score
Ah ok, that's why I remember it since before Season 7. For a minute i thought that i was going to have to re-watch every episode of TCW until i found it! lol
Watch Star Wars content again, you say?

Hmmm...I may...ALSO have to see if there's any mention of Gar Saxon before season 7. Yes...yes, that's the ticket.

Reaction score
Yeah from what i remember it was only top Officers, which considering all the reuse Hasbro should have included a non horned helmet too.

Not that they ever will make more, but I would totally buy a figure of the character directly left of Gar. Your right.

Reaction score
As soon as I saw Obi Wan in the suit that looks like the one on the right, lifting up his gun, I was sold on that look.
Perhaps getting an extra of this one or the loyalist one, to make an Obi Wan custom.

Reaction score
As soon as I saw Obi Wan in the suit that looks like the one on the right, lifting up his gun, I was sold on that look.
Perhaps getting an extra of this one or the loyalist one, to make an Obi Wan custom.

Yeah, definitely gonna have to try this.👍🏻

Reaction score
So it looks like this design was only in S3 with “The Lawless”, so like the other Mandalorian figure released in this wave, it’s not actually in the new S7 episodes.

Easy pass for me as it is, I would have gotten it if it was Gar Saxon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So it looks like this design was only in S3 with “The Lawless”, so like the other Mandalorian figure released in this wave, it’s not actually in the new S7 episodes.

Easy pass for me as it is, I would have gotten it if it was Gar Saxon.
Yeah as I mentioned above it's a CAPTAIN of the Maul loyalists. To me, not worth army building unless you're gonna customize. I just got one. Hoping we get regular Maul Loyalists without horns in the future

Reaction score
I'm really not seeing the chunkiness. Keep in mind that The Clone Wars' approach to humanoid character design was very stylized, not only in facial design but in body build. Ergo, we were never likely going to get Mandalorians that frickin' skinny.

Reaction score
I'm really not seeing the chunkiness. Keep in mind that The Clone Wars' approach to humanoid character design was very stylized, not only in facial design but in body build. Ergo, we were never likely going to get Mandalorians that frickin' skinny.
I think it's the fact that these two reuse so many Jango pieces and he kind of had a stocky ape-armed kind of thing going on. I can't not see that Jango in these.

That being said, I still want these two badly!

Reaction score

I’m def getting an extra for that Obi custom. Prolly use the Walgreen General Kenobi head

Reaction score
Well I wasn't really wanting them as skinny as they appear in TCW anyways, never did care for that look.
I also wasn't expecting a brand new mold for them either, so i don't know why it bother me but it does. Even if they had just scultped a new torso that is slightly thinner than Jango's, so they don't look as if they're 5 years from retirement.

Reaction score
Well I wasn't really wanting them as skinny as they appear in TCW anyways, never did care for that look.
I also wasn't expecting a brand new mold for them either, so i don't know why it bother me but it does. Even if they had just scultped a new torso that is slightly thinner than Jango's, so they don't look as if they're 5 years from retirement.
It bothers me cause it’s got ALL the problems Jango had. Silly me was actually believing they’d put out a new mold cause lord knows there’s a million CW Mandos they could pump out and get there money’s worth. Lazy Hasbro, again