Mandalorian Super Commando Captain - VC#***

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have announced that we’ll be seeing a Mandalorian Super Commando Captain in the vintage collection.

Anyone else looking forward to seeing this figure?

Picture of the character for reference:

Attachments

• FA36070E-06EE-40BA-956E-A34EE320B8A8.jpeg
    FA36070E-06EE-40BA-956E-A34EE320B8A8.jpeg
    614.8 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Will this be all-new? Or some clever re-use of the latest Boba Fett? Either will be fine, and I may even get two to flank Maul.

Reaction score
it's probably gonna be the same body as the deathwatch trooper with a different head, and it'll probably be reused later to give us a new jango fett.

there's not much of boba they could reuse.

Reaction score
I'm betting on reuse of Boba's arms and torso with new tooling for only the legs and helmet, which will get them both this and the Deathwatch trooper as well as any other the may want to do in the future. I wonder if they will come with sculpted on helmets or if they will try to give them individuality with a removable one?

Yes! We've all been waiting ten years.
Wrong, Patrick said it's from S7 so only a few years now. ;)

Reaction score
Hmm. I for some reason was thinking that they were talking about Paz Vizsla. I don’t guess I was paying attention closely enough. But I’ll certainly take this guy as well. I love me some Mandos! Any Mandos!

Reaction score
I wonder if the new, larger card/bubble on the Maldo Kreis set opens up the possibility of us seeing Paz as an exclusive at the same price point.
And this card would also work for a proper wrecker. As a MOC guy though this one worries me. Finding a case for it is going to be a challenge.

Reaction score
I wonder if the new, larger card/bubble on the Maldo Kreis set opens up the possibility of us seeing Paz as an exclusive at the same price point.
I don’t think Paz Vizla is worth $26.49. The TBS version was only worth $29.99 at the time it came out.

I could see it potentially going for the same price as the Mando + Grogu we got a few months ago. Was that around $17?

But if these were the days of TAC and TLC, Paz would already be out by now and he’d definitely be considered a basic figure.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I don’t think Paz Vizla is worth $26.49. The TBS version was only worth $29.99 at the time it came out.

I could see it potentially going for the same price as the Mando + Grogu we got a few months ago. Was that around $17?
Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want to see any TVC that high. I personally think $26.49 is already too high for the Maldo Kreis set. However, considering the Carbonized Paz exclusive is now $36.99, and Walmart Carbonized exclusives are now $17.99, I can see an exclusive Paz set, considering the size, the weapon, & paint apps, go for north of $20. I imagine last years Din Djarin & Child set if it went on sale today would be alot more expensive than it's original $17.99 - it actually went back up earlier this year for $27.00.

Reaction score
I don't see why that specific card version is needed when Paz would easily fit on the Din & Grogu Build up pack. And TBH that Maldo Kries set is too high at $27, it's one basic figure and a few larger accessors with no articulation points, so at best Paz with huge weapon and pack shouldn't be anymore expensive than the previous set at $18. Which quite frankly still seems a bit high considering a basic figure is $14, that means you're paying $6 for the cannon/pack which is almost half the price of an articulates figure at $20 price point. So what's costing us the other $6.49 in this set? Surely those spiders aren't worth $12.46?

I have no interest in this overpriced set of stuff I already have or don't even need, but I hope they don't think they can charge $26 for Paz, a figure I actually do want just because of this nonsense. While it would be a tough choice I would eventually have to say no and not buy him, this practice of overpricing is starting to get out of hand and quite ridiculous.

Reaction score
I'm excited to buy a bunch of these. I'll probably sand down the horns on several to make them into standard Mauldalorians for the Captain to order around.

Reaction score
And this card would also work for a proper wrecker. As a MOC guy though this one worries me. Finding a case for it is going to be a challenge.
Case makers will make cases for the new card size and format, so I wouldn't worry. There's cases for all sorts of obscure carded figures. A new TVC size would have enough demand to warrant at least a few options for cases out there.