Mandalorian Super Commando Captain - VC#246

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have announced that we’ll be seeing a Mandalorian Super Commando Captain in the vintage collection.

Anyone else looking forward to seeing this figure?

Picture of the character for reference:

Attachments

• FA36070E-06EE-40BA-956E-A34EE320B8A8.jpeg
    FA36070E-06EE-40BA-956E-A34EE320B8A8.jpeg
    614.8 KB · Views: 30
Reaction score
Will this be all-new? Or some clever re-use of the latest Boba Fett? Either will be fine, and I may even get two to flank Maul.

Reaction score
it's probably gonna be the same body as the deathwatch trooper with a different head, and it'll probably be reused later to give us a new jango fett.

there's not much of boba they could reuse.

Reaction score
I'm betting on reuse of Boba's arms and torso with new tooling for only the legs and helmet, which will get them both this and the Deathwatch trooper as well as any other the may want to do in the future. I wonder if they will come with sculpted on helmets or if they will try to give them individuality with a removable one?

Yes! We've all been waiting ten years.
Wrong, Patrick said it's from S7 so only a few years now. ;)

Reaction score
Hmm. I for some reason was thinking that they were talking about Paz Vizsla. I don’t guess I was paying attention closely enough. But I’ll certainly take this guy as well. I love me some Mandos! Any Mandos!

Reaction score
I wonder if the new, larger card/bubble on the Maldo Kreis set opens up the possibility of us seeing Paz as an exclusive at the same price point.
And this card would also work for a proper wrecker. As a MOC guy though this one worries me. Finding a case for it is going to be a challenge.

Reaction score
I wonder if the new, larger card/bubble on the Maldo Kreis set opens up the possibility of us seeing Paz as an exclusive at the same price point.
I don’t think Paz Vizla is worth $26.49. The TBS version was only worth $29.99 at the time it came out.

I could see it potentially going for the same price as the Mando + Grogu we got a few months ago. Was that around $17?

But if these were the days of TAC and TLC, Paz would already be out by now and he’d definitely be considered a basic figure.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I don’t think Paz Vizla is worth $26.49. The TBS version was only worth $29.99 at the time it came out.

I could see it potentially going for the same price as the Mando + Grogu we got a few months ago. Was that around $17?
Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want to see any TVC that high. I personally think $26.49 is already too high for the Maldo Kreis set. However, considering the Carbonized Paz exclusive is now $36.99, and Walmart Carbonized exclusives are now $17.99, I can see an exclusive Paz set, considering the size, the weapon, & paint apps, go for north of $20. I imagine last years Din Djarin & Child set if it went on sale today would be alot more expensive than it's original $17.99 - it actually went back up earlier this year for $27.00.

Reaction score
I don't see why that specific card version is needed when Paz would easily fit on the Din & Grogu Build up pack. And TBH that Maldo Kries set is too high at $27, it's one basic figure and a few larger accessors with no articulation points, so at best Paz with huge weapon and pack shouldn't be anymore expensive than the previous set at $18. Which quite frankly still seems a bit high considering a basic figure is $14, that means you're paying $6 for the cannon/pack which is almost half the price of an articulates figure at $20 price point. So what's costing us the other $6.49 in this set? Surely those spiders aren't worth $12.46?

I have no interest in this overpriced set of stuff I already have or don't even need, but I hope they don't think they can charge $26 for Paz, a figure I actually do want just because of this nonsense. While it would be a tough choice I would eventually have to say no and not buy him, this practice of overpricing is starting to get out of hand and quite ridiculous.

Reaction score
I'm excited to buy a bunch of these. I'll probably sand down the horns on several to make them into standard Mauldalorians for the Captain to order around.

Reaction score
And this card would also work for a proper wrecker. As a MOC guy though this one worries me. Finding a case for it is going to be a challenge.
Case makers will make cases for the new card size and format, so I wouldn't worry. There's cases for all sorts of obscure carded figures. A new TVC size would have enough demand to warrant at least a few options for cases out there.

Reaction score
Repost from General Discussion.

Mandalorian Super Commando Captain from The Clone Wars. Comes with two WESTAR-35 blaster pistols, GALAAR-15 blaster carbine, and JT-12 jetpack. Code-name is "Tacoma".

Available for pre-order April 7th at 1pm ET. On shelf Spring 2023. MSRP is $14.99.

Press Release

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH scale classic figures and vehicles feature original vintage-inspired packaging and Kenner branding. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH MANDALORIAN SUPER COMMANDO CAPTAIN figure is inspired by the character in STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS. Maul's Mandalorians modify their armor to reflect allegiance to the Dark Lord. These super commandos wear red and black, and some even fashion horns atop their helmets, to better resemble their Nightbrother leader. Highly poseable with realistic detail, this 3.75-inch-scale figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. Includes figure and 4 entertainment-inspired accessories.

Press Images

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-8-Resized.jpg
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-9-Resized.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-10-Resized.jpg
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-11-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-5.jpg

VC-Mandalorian-Super-Commando-Captain-TCW-Loose-9.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lots of Clones and Mandalorians to fill up the ranks of TVC but i'll take them if that means we can get more classics like Figrin, Bespin Guards and such.

Reaction score
Since this is the "Captain" I really only need one, but will likely get two in order to get free shipping. I suspect that the regular trooper Commando will be coming at some point, likely late this year or early next. Probably should be next year so that you don't have too many Mandos in one year. lol

Reaction score
Since this is the "Captain" I really only need one, but will likely get two in order to get free shipping. I suspect that the regular trooper Commando will be coming at some point, likely late this year or early next. Probably should be next year so that you don't have too many Mandos in one year. lol
in the wave AFTER figrin dan/super commando wave..wave3. it's the wave w/ anakin ep2, wave4

Reaction score
Yeah, still wish the helmet and the horns were elongated just a bit more.

It’s probably the animated versions making such an impression on me. But it feels like the helmet is a little too wide, even when compared to the card art.

Reaction score
Pre-Order Links

Best Buy
Gamestop

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re-watched the season 7 episodes and Gar Saxon is the only one with horns on the helmet, so this is effectively him, though it will be inaccurate due to some of the detailing.
Chris stated during the 4/6 livestream that this figure is actually based on a character from TCW Season 5 who captured Duchess Satine in "The Lawless".

Clone Wars Season 5 Mando Super Commando Capt.jpg

Reaction score
There's some distinct differences in the armor of the Captain and Gar Saxon. I can spot multiple differences on the helmet. The pauldrons on Gar Saxon are more angular. And the jet pack looks quite different, too.

All of that being said, I would like to see Hasbro take on the character - as long as they make significant efforts to distinguish Saxon's armor from the other "Mauldalorians".

1652886796180.png

Reaction score
There's some distinct differences in the armor of the Captain and Gar Saxon. I can spot multiple differences on the helmet. The pauldrons on Gar Saxon are more angular. And the jet pack looks quite different, too.

All of that being said, I would like to see Hasbro take on the character - as long as they make significant efforts to distinguish Saxon's armor from the other "Mauldalorians".
Yep, "just enough" to warrant another repaint/minor retool! lol Like I said before I think with so many Mando figures recently some of them should be put into those 4-pks,it feels like TVC is nothing but Clones and Mandalorian figures these days. And based on the Rebel Officer set slight retools are possible so I say when it's his time release Gar with three other troopers in one of these 4-pks, either completely his Clan or two vs. two. Or possibly 4 unique characters like Gar, Rook Kast, Ursa Wren etc.

Reaction score
Yep, "just enough" to warrant another repaint/minor retool! lol Like I said before I think with so many Mando figures recently some of them should be put into those 4-pks,it feels like TVC is nothing but Clones and Mandalorian figures these days. And based on the Rebel Officer set slight retools are possible so I say when it's his time release Gar with three other troopers in one of these 4-pks, either completely his Clan or two vs. two. Or possibly 4 unique characters like Gar, Rook Kast, Ursa Wren etc.

I think this is probably the best way to go for Hasbro. In the last Q&A it seems like Emily got the hint that some TVC fans have tired of constant Mando stuff. Whether Hasbro makes changes or not is another question, though.