Mandalorian Loyalist

Reaction score
Merely got him to get free shipping on Ahsoka, I'll simply use it for a custom project I been working on. Though I dislike waiting 5 months for parts. lol

Reaction score
Said this in the Walmart wave thread, but: he looks scuffed up enough that he can also fill in for a coven member alongside the Heavy Infantry figure in a Mandalorian show display.

So, yes, I want at least one.

Reaction score
Definitely want this. Same deal as the Clone and Maul Mando...not sure how or where I’ll get them unless they show up at other retailers or Walmart Canada.

Reaction score
Chunky mandos. THey seemed So much thinner in Clone Wars, even for the animation style. No one is so well fed in wartime, especially the defending sides.

Reaction score
Chunky mandos. THey seemed So much thinner in Clone Wars, even for the animation style. No one is so well fed in wartime, especially the defending sides.
I'm not so concerned about the torso. For me, what really sticks out are the very long arms, the rather stumpy legs, and the small, somewhat unstable feet. I think if Hasbro just gave the figure larger, deeper feet, more along the lines of the Death Star Trooper (where the ankle peg goes in much higher inside the boot) it would alleviate a lot of the issues re: proportions with this body (as well as the aforementioned problem of instability). :unsure:

Reaction score
Using Jango parts was a mistake, that figure came out so chinky and disproportionate. Though the new pieces on this one kind of help to tone it down.

I might have to get a second and make Pre Viszla
I would think you could use the cape from Mando.

Reaction score
As excited as I am for new CW figs and especially new Mandos the Jango part reuse is lame. At the very least they should have retooled the legs/feet. They are horrible. I feel they could have done a better job skirting the line between animated style and real life. They nailed it with Ahsoka, they would have nailed these if they made them skinnier.
The real question is, where are the female Mandos?! I know I’m a broken record.

Reaction score
The real question is, where are the female Mandos?! I know I’m a broken record.
Yeah, they really could have made way more from Siege of Mandalore alone and they still would have sold out. I'm sure a female Mando sculpt could be used for multiple figures. Unfortunately Hasbro seems to be really resistant to making new sculpts at the moment. Female Night Owl, Bo Katan, Darth Maul, and easy reused parts figures like Jesse, Utapau clones, jet troopers, they could even throw in a Rex just adding a jetpack like the Hot Toys version. It's too bad the remaining 4 rumoured are all Bad Batch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I've been combing through the Siege of Mandalore episodes and while this figure looks like the Mandalorians in Season 2, it seems to be totally inaccurate to the Mandalorian Loyalist that it's supposed to be. You can see the differences in the forearms with red lights, the helmet yellow marks, the symbol on the chest, the emblems on the shoulders, it's all just totally different.

The figure is really a Death Watch Mandalorian, not a Mandalorian Loyalist. Seems like Hasbro got their designs mixed up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I noticed that as well, and was wondering why no markings. Perhaps they wanted the blank look so that it could be used as anything?
Though i hazard to say they were just being cheap. After all this probably isn't something they felt was long term enough to tool new sculpt, and had to make due with what they had on hand to get it out this soon. Which still is going to be rather late compared to when it aired.

So I truthfully don't expect any Female versions, at least not until Bo-Katan for the Mandalorian appearance. Though I still wish this guys had some kind of identifying marks as to what Clan he's from.

Reaction score
Well it seems like the only part that would need more resculpting would be new forearm armor coverings, and they already gave the figure new legs, the belt part, and helmet. I think they most likely genuinely confused the two. It’s a perfectly accurate Death Watch Mandalorian.

Reaction score
When further looking into it, I spotted the following massive inaccuracies.

- The arches beneath the helmet are meant to be white, and not black.
- The chest armour, leg armour, shoulder pads and crouch plate are meant to be blue, and not grey.
- The white stripes down the lower leg armour are missing.

Wow, that's beyond lazy.

And that's aside the finer detail that Drewton mentioned.

Reaction score
Yeah I haven’t said anything but the Hasbro figure doesn’t match ANY of the CW Mandos definitively. It’s like a hybrid mix of Deathwatch and the Nite Owls

Reaction score
Or they're too lazy about the detail.
No, I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be the Death Watch armor, considering that they went to the trouble of sculpting a new helmet (head?) with no rangefinder.

Reaction score
The Death Watch Mandalorians are the Nite Owls too?
The Nite Owls were a splinter group of Deathwatch lead by Bo-Katan. They took off on their own when Maul took over staying loyal to Mandalore instead of a foreign leader.

Reaction score
No, I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be the Death Watch armor, considering that they went to the trouble of sculpting a new helmet (head?) with no rangefinder.
Yeah, and if you look at the emblems on the shoulders they’re exactly like for the Death Watch in S2.

Reaction score
How does this one compare to the generic rando-Mandos that rescued baby Din during that CW-era flashback?

Reaction score
Definitely supposed to be a Death Watch mando. I’m fine with that, but it would’ve been nice to get a loyalist/Nite Owl.

Reaction score
Why is the Mandalorian helmet (beskar and original from the last wave) so bad?

It looks sooooo off compared to the rest of them.