Making a SW Film is Difficult Because of the Lack of Comics and Novels says Kathleen Kennedy!

Reaction score
HEY! He knows things! Things you don't know. From people who are MORE than insiders! How dare you doubt his absolutely, 1000% true claims!
I know two things. 1# I read your post on this board from a while back where you admitted you stole a hard to find (at that moment) SW figure out of a kids hand in a store and then bragged about it. When I called you out on it you blamed it on being young and stupid and then deleted all your post.

#2. I was asked specifically not to post anything more about the movie and that will be honored.

I have posted on this board since it was created. If there are any members that I know and want to know the info I have about the movie they all know they are free to get that information via PM. I have already sent it to some.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This board was created far before 2012. You do realize we can see when you joined, right? Which translates to, if you have been posting since it was created, you were banned and made a new account in 2012. Meaning ...all your credibility with this "insider" just flew out the window. You're caught, dude, busted. Just face it. We're all just, well frankly, trolling YOU now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In fairness to Darthmickeymoose or whatever his current join date might not reflect when he started posting here.

I was here in 2002-2008 under a different name and after an awful experience with identify theft I ended up completely abandoning ALL online presence. I'm not saying this is what happened to him but if I told you guys I was here in 2002 no one would believe me because my join date says 2010

Reaction score
This board was created far before 2012. You do realize we can see when you joined, right? Which translates to, if you have been posting since it was created, you were banned and made a new account in 2012. Meaning ...all your credibility with this "insider" just flew out the window. You're caught, dude, busted. Just face it. We're all just, well frankly, trolling YOU now.
Now if you can take some time to solve the Kennedy assassination, you could do the world a big favor. If you did your homework before running off with an idiotic post (genius ) you would know there are probably many people on this board who have left and come back over the years and signing up as new when they have been around for years. I wouldn’t jump to conclusions if I was you.

Reaction score
In fairness to Darthmickeymoose or whatever his current join date might not reflect when he started posting here.

I was here in 2002-2008 under a different name and after an awful experience with identify theft I ended up completely abandoning ALL online presence. I'm not saying this is what happened to him but if I told you guys I was here in 2002 no one would believe me because my join date says 2010
I can also say in fairness to you the info I know about the Emperor is now listed, if you ask the correct question with the correct terms on a google search. For some reason it’s not being talked about yet on any message boards I frequent.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know two things. 1# I read your post on this board from a while back where you admitted you stole a hard to find (at that moment) SW figure out of a kids hand in a store and then bragged about it. When I called you out on it you blamed it on being young and stupid and then deleted all your post.
LMAO, sure champ. Keep throwing that lie around. Maybe someone will believe it.

Reaction score
I can also say in fairness to you the info I know about the Emperor is now listed, if you ask the correct question and terms on a google search. For some reason it’s not being talked about yet on any message boards I frequent.
OH OH THE INFO YOU NOW KNOW ABOUT THE EMPEROR....DON'T YOU MEAN WHAT DISNEY ALSO JUST REVEALED OFFICIALLY? I'm the one who MADE that HUGE Disney spoiler reveal post. You're such a freaking joke....how pathetic are you? I almost feel bad for you, but then I come to bed with my girlfriend and have to wake up early for work. AKA I have a life. You don't. Maybe try getting one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No that isn’t the info at all I’m talking about. Your on a hot wrong streak today. Disney would never release this ahead of the movie .Please next time stay for the complete examination. There trying to help you pal.😀

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have posted on this board since it was created. If there are any members that I know and want to know the info I have about the movie they all know they are free to get that information via PM. I have already sent it to some.
For once, he's telling the truth. There's a DMM in the original batch of members from when CSW & Rebelscum merged their forums. Doesn't mean he knows jack about TRoS, but he's not lying on this topic.

Reaction score
Jumping into this thread late, but I wanted to comment on the Gary Kurtz thing. It's true...he very much stood up to Lucas and steered him away from bad ideas. Here's the thing that we all need to remember (I'm sure we all know it but it's worth mentioning again) film is a collaborative project. Unfortunately, people and Lucas himself like to incorrectly tie all the credit to Lucas and Lucas alone.

The first Star Wars was lightening in a bottle. Lucas gets credit for making something amazing....but it was hot garbage as an idea until it was saved by his friends. Coppola was very much a mentor to Lucas and George constantly bounced ideas off of Coppola. Coppola straight up told him he can't write. Lucas had all of his friends read his stuff back then and they gave honest feedback. It was this kind of collaboration and not just a bunch of "yes" men that helped refine Star Wars over it's many weird awful drafts. I 100% give Lucas credit for his vision of a galaxy far far away, but Star Wars didn't live and die by his involvement alone. Some other under recognized people who deserve a lot of the credit are William and Gloria Huyck who didn't receive scriptwriting credit but George brought on during production to punch up the script and make the dialogue snappy. They were literally re-writing while they were filming. Then there's Marcia Lucas, the academy award winning editor and wife of George at the time who helped George re-edit the movie after he fired his original editor. Mark Hamill has said that her presence on set was missed when Jedi rolled around. She was the only one who could get George to back down and listen to other people's ideas.

Empire...it's a little more well documented what happened there. George worked on the story with Leigh Brackett (a successful sci-fi writer) and continued after her death. He gets points for a lot of the creative ideas, but it was the whole crew that helped refine it. Kurtz and Kershner basically kicked George out of meetings after a while because of their conflicting visions. It's also why Kurtz wasn't brought back for Jedi. A lot of people didn't want to come back for Jedi because after the success of ANH and ESB Lucas became less about collaboration and more about "why are you questioning me, SW is successful, I know best."

George is like anyone else. He has good ideas and bad ideas. But without anyone to bounce ideas off, without anyone to challenge with their own good and bad suggestions....there's no filter. So both good and bad end up in the movies. Hence the prequels/rotj. I've met a few people who worked at Lucas Film and there are plenty of stories about how George handled people who disagreed with them. He wouldn't say anything, wouldn't respond to the criticism, but you'd show up to work the next day and your parking spot would be gone.

Reaction score
Kathleen Kennedy is going to have a REALLY hard time making SW movies after she "steps down for personal reasons" in a couple months. Iger will be putting a new creative team in charge of SW moving forward. Namely the people involved with the Mandalorian.
Agree with every word. Favreau will be in charge soon, mark my word.

Reaction score
I forgot her name...but the director of Episode 3 and 7 of the Mandalorian will be working on the Obi-wan show...that gives me high hopes for that. Combined with the fact that Ewan just commands the role. He had a mediocre script with clumsy dialogue and he acted circles around everyone else in the prequels imo.

Reaction score
I forgot her name...but the director of Episode 3 and 7 of the Mandalorian will be working on the Obi-wan show...that gives me high hopes for that. Combined with the fact that Ewan just commands the role. He had a mediocre script with clumsy dialogue and he acted circles around everyone else in the prequels imo.
Deborah Chow

Reaction score
Oh absolutely, I think the torch will be passed to Favreau and Chow, they're knocking it out of the park with with Obi-Wan in her hands, I have full trust it'll be excellent. Plus I don't think anyone would really argue, whether you like or hate the PT, personally I have MAJOR issues and even hates but ideas and scenes and concepts I love, but no two ways about it, Ewan was the best part of them. The redeeming favor. He was great in the role of Obi-Wan.

Also this video, especially for anyone who knows what it's like to be a new parent (though I don't have a child, I was a step-dad to a toddler) and how frustrating it can be but at the same time rewarding...this is the most adorable and cute thing you'll ever see.

Reaction score
Oh absolutely, I think the torch will be passed to Favreau and Chow, they're knocking it out of the park with with Obi-Wan in her hands, I have full trust it'll be excellent. Plus I don't think anyone would really argue, whether you like or hate the PT, personally I have MAJOR issues and even hates but ideas and scenes and concepts I love, but no two ways about it, Ewan was the best part of them. The redeeming favor. He was great in the role of Obi-Wan.

Also this video, especially for anyone who knows what it's like to be a new parent (though I don't have a child, I was a step-dad to a toddler) and how frustrating it can be but at the same time rewarding...this is the most adorable and cute thing you'll ever see.

Yeah that video is great

Reaction score
So what was the really shocking moment about Palpatine in minute 16 of the movie??

Reaction score
there's more to that interview.

she also said: (re: losing directors mid-way through the process):

>>> she is blaming the directors, whom SHE FIRED, for not having the skills to handle making a star wars movie.
Kathy to directors: We want you to implement this crappy idea...

Directors: No, that's a crappy idea.

Kathy: Do it or we'll hire someone else

Directors: Bye.

Reaction score
Kathy to directors: We want you to implement this crappy idea...

Directors: No, that's a crappy idea.

Kathy: Do it or we'll hire someone else

Directors: Bye.
It's funny because it's true. I mean how many are they up to now? There was Gareth Edwards, who did do...I think...the majority of Rogue One, but eventually he bailed, didn't he? Enough to be credited though, but I wanna say I did read somewhere that something went down. There's of course Lord and Miller on Solo, maybe the most infamous one. There's Trevorrow on EP9. There's the Game of Thrones guys, their planned SW project, and how that tanked. Though personally, for me, after that final season of Thrones...we're better off. There's Josh Trank and the cancelled Boba Fett movie. There's the Obi-Wan show that's seemingly in limbo and these days, when something at Disney Lucasfilm is in limbo, it often just means cancelled. Does anyone even KNOW what's going on with Rian Johnson's supposed trilogy? To me it sounds like it was BS the whole time. And then...to top it off...there's those rumors that Jon Favreau didn't want Kathleen anywhere near the set of Mando. They can't afford to fire him, if he goes...it's by his own accord. Now I understand sometimes these things happen. Sometimes people part ways, don't see eye to eye, but part relatively gracefully. Sometimes not so peacefully, like in the case of David Fincher on Aliens 3 or Josh Trank on Fantastic Four. But when it's happening THIS often...I mean this is almost unheard of. That's a clear indicator that something is off behind the scenes. Something isn't gelling. And I think we all know what...or rather who...that is.

Reaction score
as far as Gareth was concerned, he had finished RO; he submitted his final cut; KK said "thanks for your services"....
.... and then she gave the entire movie to another director and locked Gareth out of it -- so he had NO say in the changes they made to HIS movie.
(if I'm Gareth, I have NO desire to ever work for that woman ever again)

Reaction score
Yeah l knew something went down. Couldn't remember exactly what. I mean end of the day, l loved RO. But it was blatant how much changed due to trailers. So while l still adored the final product, l agree, that is so disrespectful to Edwards and a very cold corperate style move to pull. I'd love to see the Edwards cut just out of curiousity. I'd never want to make a big budget blockbuster again if that happened to me.

Reaction score
as far as Gareth was concerned, he had finished RO; he submitted his final cut; KK said "thanks for your services"....
.... and then she gave the entire movie to another director and locked Gareth out of it -- so he had NO say in the changes they made to HIS movie.
(if I'm Gareth, I have NO desire to ever work for that woman ever again)
They added scenes to Rogue One. I believe they added all the stuff with Vader later. In the end, it did turn out great. And in KK's defense, she has to protect the quality of the brand. Director's are there to serve the brand, not their own artistic visions or ego. Imagine if a director came on the scene and said "I want to kill character X", and it was a stupid idea. Someone has to say no. I just think KK's been real hit and miss given the results.

It's hard for us to judge because we have no idea what about the specific disagreements why most of these people left their projects.

Reaction score
Director's are there to serve the brand, not their own artistic visions or ego. Imagine if a director came on the scene and said "I want to kill character X", and it was a stupid idea.
Well I mean, not necessarily. That really depends on a number of things. It depends on who that director is, it depends on the project. I mean, if you're doing an Indie Arthouse film or say you're someone like Terry Gilliam or David Lynch, it largely most certainly is their own artistic vision or ego. But I'm assuming you're speaking exclusively about franchise movies, blockbusters. I'd agree it's much harder to get your artistic vision across in those type of flicks, people have preconceived notions on what it should be like when it's already a pre-made franchise, but even then it's not impossible. It's just more studio heads need to give approval letters rather than it's always just servicing a brand. People can put their individual mark of artistry on a name brand, it's just usually more limited...but not (in ever case) entirely limited.

Case in point...Rian Johnson. He got to do exactly what he wanted, he freaking wrote the darn thing (not just directed) and was basically given free reign. Rian did kill "character X" AKA Luke Skywalker and Snoke, he did go to them and pitch that, it was a stupid idea, and it was approved anyway. So I mean, it does happen occasionally on blockbusters. It's just not as common.

So I mean, I'm sure Edwards knew going in this is predominately a "corporate style" production. That doesn't mean he can't stamp his name out though and mark some of his individuality, it's just more sanctioned. It's just, if I were in his shoes, I'd be a little peeved they didn't even WANT my take on the changes or that they didn't even INFORM ME there WOULD be changes until seemingly it was too late. Really seems like how it went down.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Edwards was shifted onto effects when he submitted his cut of 'Rogue One'. Kennedy didn't approve of the war movie feel and everyone dying on the beach, so Disney got in Tony Gilroy. Gilroy reshot mainly the ending on Scariff that we see in the finished movie. Gilroy had worked with Edwards before on 'Godzilla'. It's still Gareth Edward's movie however and as far as I'm concerned, it's the only modern take that has even come remotely close to capturing the feel of Star Wars.

Although I feel Edwards was somewhat shafted by Kennedy, we ended up getting a terrific space battle that felt real, unlike the crap in the sequels. The spaceships have a real weight to them and aren't zipping around like gnats, such as Poe Dameron's X-Wing in 'The Force Awakens', or that silly Millennium Falcon sequence in the first third of the film.

Gareth Edwards has a background in visual effects, so he knows what he's doing in that area. As such, 'Rogue One' has the best space battle of any of the new crop of Star Wars movies (and possibly the whole lot), because it looks like it's happening and it's not just a load of effects.

Lord and Miller, on the other hand, got the boot because they were making a free form comedy that had everyone say WTF? Frankly, getting rid of them from the production was one of Kennedy's better decisions, even if it was only because it righted one of her worst, which was getting them in, in the first place. How they were even on the list in the first place (given their pedigree) is beyond me. They must have had one hell of a pitch meeting.

Last edited: