Making a SW Film is Difficult Because of the Lack of Comics and Novels says Kathleen Kennedy!

Reaction score
My inside info is rock solid. I don’t want to give anything away but let’s just say the Emperor is back and is back for a very specific reason. That reason is enough for me to never go see it ever. Others can judge for themselves as they should. They are very worried about the reception of this movie. So much I can say the rumors that got out are true about the multiple tweaking of the film especially the ending. I have not seen the finished product or have no idea what will be edited in or out of the movie but I know what was filmed for certain sections. Polly don’t like that cracker!
I guess you are trying to subtlety insinuate that you have some "insider info" - but the entire movie/plot in all 3 versions has been readily available to anyone that can use Google for months. Not only that...even the "diversions" have been discovered and we know what made the cut and what didn't.

For anyone who wants to know what they are more then likely walking into next week - Google it.

r/starwarsleaks is all you really need at this point

If Palpatine being alive is what some of you are considering sacrilegious enough to walk out of the theater...save your money and don't go. Or be prepared to leave about 16 minutes after the scroll dissipates.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have more than just insider info and what I know has NOT been listed anywhere on anyone’s website. You do not have this info and I know this because everyone would be talking about it non stop. The Emperor being alive and well has nothing to do with my comments about the movie. That act alone is idiotic enough though. It’s the reason he was brought back and what it means to the ever changing story arc. That will be the big problem with many many fans.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe it's all just diversion tactics, and once we see the movie it will be totally different and perhaps the best one of he three?
But it will still be one of three. So one good one, with two crap ones.

No matter how good TROS turns out, it'll never shake off the fact that it's part of a terrible trilogy.

Reaction score
I have more than just insider info and what I know has NOT been listed anywhere on anyone’s website. You do not have this info and I know this because everyone would be talking about it non stop. The Emperor being alive and well has nothing to do with my comments about the movie. That act alone is idiotic enough though. It’s the reason he was brought back and what it means to the ever changing story arc. That will be the big problem with many many fans.
Oh I see. You and only you has this universe shattering information.

Amazing.

You do know we have spoiler tags for a reason? Put this super spoiler in a spoiler tag and let us all judge for ourselves if it hasn't already been leaked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
Rey beats up /kills an old white guy because reasons. Yay girl power hating men is cool or something Also this becomes very problematic if you believe in the Dune theory & the good guys were never really the good guys

Reaction score
Also Ewoks suck because the holiday special fd up the Wookiees story so bad there was no valid reason to put them in Jedi

Reaction score
If Palpatine being alive is what some of you are considering sacrilegious enough to walk out of the theater...save your money and don't go. Or be prepared to leave about 16 minutes after the scroll dissipates.

That's it!!!! I'm taking a stopwatch with me and I'm gonna time this thing. If something bad happens in the 16th minute....then I'll......I'll...I'll wait til I have time and post it right here. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of Palpy still being alive. If it is explained in the film, at least we, the fans will know why they brought him back (whether we like/dislike the idea or agree/disagree with it).

I may be surprised and actually like the film, so I'm trying not to be too downer about it.....yet.

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of Palpy still being alive. If it is explained in the film, at least we, the fans will know why they brought him back (whether we like/dislike the idea or agree/disagree with it).

I may be surprised and actually like the film, so I'm trying not to be too downer about it.....yet.
They might give some offhand explanation..."something, something...the dark side of the Force...blah...blah..."

Or they might just not bother their ****, like they did with Anakin's lightsaber in 'The Force Awakens', where the film almost literally flips off the audience with a throwaway line about stories for another time. Or in other words, don't bother asking because the writer hadn't a bleedin clue either.

Reaction score
They might give some offhand explanation..."something, something...the dark side of the Force...blah...blah..."

Or they might just not bother their ****, like they did with Anakin's lightsaber in 'The Force Awakens', where the film almost literally flips off the audience with a throwaway line about stories for another time. Or in other words, don't bother asking because the writer hadn't a bleedin clue either.
Yeah, you're probably right.......................

Reaction score
Look... if the jedi can have force ghosts why can't the sith? If Palps is still physically alive then so is Han Solo! Either of those things might actually make me happy. A fun ghost fight or Cyborg Solo.... YAASSSSSSSSSSSS

Reaction score
Remember the 'explanation' from Dark Empire?

"These are the mysteries of the Dark Side" or similar.

So, yeah. That.

Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with him being brought back, or his survival spiritually. The actor who portrays him could literally save the movie!
BUT IMO, his old Body should be gone obliterated in an explosion. Or incinerated with the rest of the DS upon reentry into the atmosphere.

Him being wholly intact would suggest that after he fell down a shaft, he escaped on the nearest ship. Therefore getting his chicken**** behind out of there while the getting is good. Knowing, as Yoda did at the end of ROTS, that a tactical retreat is necessary for survival. Which could also be an interesting story arc if it were part of a larger story to explain it. Yet it wouldn't explain his exile for so long. Would it?

I truly have mixed emotions about his return. I think doing it in this manner, to try and win audiences back is the wrong way. Doing it as an actual story plot encompassing 3 films, and putting it as a focus would have had more meaning. Considering all the lore behind the Sith, I don't find his return all that unbelievable. As long as it's handled correctly, and respectfully.

Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with him being brought back, or his survival spiritually. The actor who portrays him could literally save the movie!
BUT IMO, his old Body should be gone obliterated in an explosion. Or incinerated with the rest of the DS upon reentry into the atmosphere.

Him being wholly intact would suggest that after he fell down a shaft, he escaped on the nearest ship. Therefore getting his chicken**** behind out of there while the getting is good. Knowing, as Yoda did at the end of ROTS, that a tactical retreat is necessary for survival. Which could also be an interesting story arc if it were part of a larger story to explain it. Yet it wouldn't explain his exile for so long. Would it?

I truly have mixed emotions about his return. I think doing it in this manner, to try and win audiences back is the wrong way. Doing it as an actual story plot encompassing 3 films, and putting it as a focus would have had more meaning. Considering all the lore behind the Sith, I don't find his return all that unbelievable. As long as it's handled correctly, and respectfully.
Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler —Without saying to much the Emperor is about to become the most important part of this story. What they did I can’t believe.My problem is it also changes the way you will look at the Prequels as well as the OT. I was asked not to say anything to specific but everyone will know soon enough what I mean.

Reaction score
The ending will be the same as ROTJ with a twist.
  Spoiler:  
Rey kill’s Palpatine,the “blast” kill’s Rey and Ben/Kylo uses the force to heal Rey and sacrifices himself in doing so and they kiss.Rey buried Luke and Leia sabers on Tatooine,lady asks who she is and as Rey looks at Luke/Leia force ghost she says Rey Skywalker. The end.

Reaction score
Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler —Without saying to much the Emperor is about to become the most important part of this story. What they did I can’t believe.My problem is it also changes the way you will look at the Prequels as well as the OT. I was asked not to say anything to specific but everyone will know soon enough what I mean.
I'm thinking a lot of people that are really hyped for this (even if they did not like TLJ) are going to come out of the film completely deflated about SW as well as angry, dosappointed, and all those bad emotions (the ones who lead us to the dark side). So, correct me if I'm wrong, but this could end up being the first Disney film where the bad guys really do win in the end.

Reaction score
I'm thinking a lot of people that are really hyped for this (even if they did not like TLJ) are going to come out of the film completely deflated about SW as well as angry, dosappointed, and all those bad emotions (the ones who lead us to the dark side). So, correct me if I'm wrong, but this could end up being the first Disney film where the bad guys really do win in the end.
Honestly I kind of disagree. I think the people that are going to dislike TROS fall in these (general) camps:

1: They just dislike everything that Disney has done and see no merit or entertaining value in any of it. TFA was a travesty, Rogue One was unnecessary, TLJ was a disaster and Solo sucked because Harrison Ford wasn't in it. There is just no middle ground.

2: Those that enjoyed TFA, even though it was a bit of a retread, because it set in motion a lot of interesting potential but ended up severely let down by TLJ. TFA respected the past (maybe to a fault) and set up the future while TLJ basically told us that Star Wars doesn't matter and ultimately that will not allow people to see past TROS and what it brings to the table. They are just too burned and it's unsalvageable.

3: There will be the fans that absolutely adored TFA and thought that TLJ was the best thing since sliced bread - and will be all pissy when TROS walks back on some of the more decisive TLJ "moments". Surely in their opinion the bigots and racist fans will have won and Disney cracked under the pressure.

Personally - I loved TFA for what it was and it set up. I loathe TLJ but will be quite happy if (when) I see that TROS at least attempts to fix some of this ****.

Reaction score
Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler - you don't have to a fortune teller or have so called industry insider knowledge to surmise that The Emperor is the most important part of the story. That was made clearly evident in the PT.

Reaction score
Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler - you don't have to a fortune teller or have so called industry insider knowledge to surmise that The Emperor is the most important part of the story. That was made clearly evident in the PT.
When I was a kid, the story was about Luke Skywalker. Then when the PT came out, GL said it was about Anakin/Vader. Now the story (counting the three trilogies) is about Palpatine?:unsure::sneaky:

Reaction score
When I was a kid, the story was about Luke Skywalker. Then when the PT came out, GL said it was about Anakin/Vader. Now the story (counting the three trilogies) is about Palpatine?:unsure::sneaky:
Idk you are probably right. I always felt that the PT just put Palpatine front and center. There is a video floating around where GL says the story morphed into just as much Palpatine's story as it was Vader's based on that performance of Ian.

Reaction score
Honestly I kind of disagree. I think the people that are going to dislike TROS fall in these (general) camps:

Personally - I loved TFA for what it was and it set up. I loathe TLJ but will be quite happy if (when) I see that TROS at least attempts to fix some of this ****.
I think your three group breakdown is fairly accurate (with subgroups within each group and subgroups between the groups "one foot here, one foot there").

I, too, would like to see TROS "fix" things that went wrong in TLJ (my opinion). However, I have the feeling that Disney/LFL/JJ may have overreacted with TROS by trying to find characters or themes that would interest those they lost or at least entice them enough to buy a ticket to see the film. Also, with having only one film, they really don't have the time or space to fix enough of the damage, so again, we're seeing stuff crammed into the film which may have worked better (we'll know once we've seen the film), had they decided to turn TROS into two films.

The point I'm trying to make is that having Palpatine still alive after what happened at the end of ROTJ might be too much for even the most open-minded SW fans and that could end up driving people away (from subsequest viewings and interest in SW in general).

I'll give you a personal example. My younger brother is just as much a SW fan as I am. After TLJ we discussed the film and I told him I loathed the film and was really unhappy with it. His response was that he thinks we can't put too many of our own expectations into these films, because we're not going to get exactly what we thought would happen after ROTJ. He's stayed completely spoiler-free and he'll be going in without any idea of what might happen. I'm just wondering how he'll view the return of Palpy and if it will change his opinion of the ST in general.

Reaction score
Idk you are probably right. I always felt that the PT just put Palpatine front and center. There is a video floating around where GL says the story morphed into just as much Palpatine's story as it was Vader's based on that performance of Ian.
I really enjoyed Palpatine/Sidious in the PT. I loved his political machinations and thought Ian's performance was superb. Yes, he really did bring Palpy into the middle of the story, however, to me Palpy is not the main character of the saga and never should be.

Again, had Palpy been a spirit of Palpy who took on a new body or a clone of Palpy, I could have probably accepted the idea of his return to an extent. However, his survival of the Battle of Endor just seems like a hail mary pass at this point and the ball is still up in the air. We'll see if this play goes down as the winning touchdown or if it goes down as an incomplete pass.

I really want to like TROS, but many of the rumors don't give me much hope that I will.:(

Reaction score
If you think you know what I know then post it. You don’t. I can guarantee some very terrible story elements concerning the Emperor have been kept secret up to this moment. It has nothing to do with his miraculous return. It’s much more than that. Your snide remarks are not going to make me say anything more than I have stated. And having insider info on this SW movie is like knowing what happens in Jaws the Revenge before it came out, so it’s not a bragging note.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you think you know what I know then post it. You don’t. I can guarantee some very terrible story elements concerning the Emperor have been kept secret up to this moment. It has nothing to do with his miraculous return. It’s much more than that. Your snide remarks are not going to make me say anything more than I have stated. And having insider info on this SW movie is like knowing what happens in Jaws the Revenge before it came out, so it’s not a bragging note.
I'm putting myself in the nobody cares category on this. You seem very happy with yourself, so kudos to you... please don't post anymore spoilery material. I would like to try to enjoy the next movie and these forums for another week or so and then the Internet can begin destroying TROS whether it is good or not.

Reaction score

1: They just dislike everything that Disney has done and see no merit or entertaining value in any of it. TFA was a travesty, Rogue One was unnecessary, TLJ was a disaster and Solo sucked because Harrison Ford wasn't in it. There is just no middle ground.

2: Those that enjoyed TFA, even though it was a bit of a retread, because it set in motion a lot of interesting potential but ended up severely let down by TLJ. TFA respected the past (maybe to a fault) and set up the future while TLJ basically told us that Star Wars doesn't matter and ultimately that will not allow people to see past TROS and what it brings to the table. They are just too burned and it's unsalvageable.

3: There will be the fans that absolutely adored TFA and thought that TLJ was the best thing since sliced bread - and will be all pissy when TROS walks back on some of the more decisive TLJ "moments". Surely in their opinion the bigots and racist fans will have won and Disney cracked under the pressure.

Pretty sure I'm in the Personally category at the bottom. Minus the 'loved' part of the TFA statement, I do agree that TFA was A setup for the rest of the trilogy and I agree that TLJ blew that up. TROS will get its chance to redeem some of the wreckage and then I doubt I'll be revisiting these much. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Reaction score
Ok. So if you think you know something that isn't readily available to everyone right now post it in spoiler tags lol

Also you are absolutely correct - knowing what happens in a SW film is certainly not a bragging note. Not at all...so share what you know.

I look forward to a week from now and this held back secret just blows all of our minds (for the best of worst)...

Reaction score
I think your three group breakdown is fairly accurate (with subgroups within each group and subgroups between the groups "one foot here, one foot there").

I, too, would like to see TROS "fix" things that went wrong in TLJ (my opinion). However, I have the feeling that Disney/LFL/JJ may have overreacted with TROS by trying to find characters or themes that would interest those they lost or at least entice them enough to buy a ticket to see the film. Also, with having only one film, they really don't have the time or space to fix enough of the damage, so again, we're seeing stuff crammed into the film which may have worked better (we'll know once we've seen the film), had they decided to turn TROS into two films.

The point I'm trying to make is that having Palpatine still alive after what happened at the end of ROTJ might be too much for even the most open-minded SW fans and that could end up driving people away (from subsequest viewings and interest in SW in general).

I'll give you a personal example. My younger brother is just as much a SW fan as I am. After TLJ we discussed the film and I told him I loathed the film and was really unhappy with it. His response was that he thinks we can't put too many of our own expectations into these films, because we're not going to get exactly what we thought would happen after ROTJ. He's stayed completely spoiler-free and he'll be going in without any idea of what might happen. I'm just wondering how he'll view the return of Palpy and if it will change his opinion of the ST in general.
Personally I see no reason why Palpatine can't be alive based on what we know about the Force/him AND what we don't know.

Just based off the current canon we know: he is extremely cunning and manipulative. He may have learned the secret to immortality. May have had something to do with creating a powerful Force sensitive person just using the Force. He had multiple contingency plans in place in the event of his disappearance or demise. We also know that the DSII did NOT evaporate despite what we saw in ROTJ (based on the fact that clearly large parts of it still exist) which discounts the theory he was basically atomized when the DSII was destroyed.

We don't know what actually happened to him down that reactor shaft. We do know there was definitely enough time for him to escape.

Based on spoilers we know

Spoiler:  
he is not a healthy and vibrant person in TROS. He is basically on a life support system. He's roughly 103 years old ravaged by the dark side, old age and whatever the effects of the events of the DSII may have had on him.

TLJ taught us that the Force can also allow a ghost to interact with the physical world (Yoda with the lightning) and that even a living Force user can project themselves over the Galaxy and physically interact with other people and tangible objects (Luke on Crait).

We may not want Palpatine to be alive based on what we thought was the end of the story back in 1983 but by applying what we know since it would almost be surprising if he WASN'T alive to close this whole thing out at the end.

Reaction score
I have super secret information that you guys DEFINITELY don't know. I'm not gonna tell you what it is, but OH MAN is it gonna make you guys angry, this information I definitely have! Don't even THINK of questioning me on it, because it's super, SUPER real!

Reaction score
The ending will be the same as ROTJ with a twist.
  Spoiler:  
Rey kill’s Palpatine,the “blast” kill’s Rey and Ben/Kylo uses the force to heal Rey and sacrifices himself in doing so and they kiss.Rey buried Luke and Leia sabers on Tatooine,lady asks who she is and as Rey looks at Luke/Leia force ghost she says Rey Skywalker. The end.
That is pretty much the most recent leaked ending. Word for word.

Reaction score
I always thought ROTJ would make more sense if the reactor core's "chain reaction" was triggered by palpatine crashing into the core while spewing lightning in all directions. (ie: why did it require a torpedo to destroy the DS?) it would be a better ending if, truly "All WAS Lost" -- (meaning: the rebels' attack on the reactor core had failed) -- and the DSII would be destroyed by palpatine's body when vader threw palpatine into the reactor core. as Luke is boarding the shuttle with Vader's body, the "chain reaction" would have already begun, caused by palpatine's impact with the core. (ie: it would be a better ending if palpatine's body WAS the "torpedo" which destroyed the death star -- this would provide definitive proof that he was actually dead).

^^ it could be argued, that since this didn't happen, then perhaps palpatine's body crashing into the reactor core, had no effect on the reactor core, because he didn't actually crash into the reactor core. LOL

(and/or: the plot point of "force projection" which was established in TLJ could be used to explain how palpatine was never there in the first place -- so everything we saw in ROTJ was merely just a force-projection of palpatine, just like Luke did in TLJ -- with the "Real Palpatine" watching from a distance, on the other side of the galaxy).

more likely JJ will explain palpatine's survival by saying "that's a good question for another time", and "these are the mysteries of the sith", and "let's just pass the buck to the comic book writers"

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by who the hell gets it on with Palps in the first place! o_O Notwithstanding the fact that him doing so would be TOTALLY out character.

Then there's a missing generation, supposedly.

The cynic in me (i.e. all of me) sees a marvellous opportunity to sell some trash novels and bad comics and only tell half of the tale in the actual film. Again. Bit of a risk when so few people care nowadays though.

Reaction score
Yeah the music soundtrack for the movie has a list and it goes along with what the leaks have said.Might not be a leak at this point as I think Sweden or some country in Europe has a rating system that list why the movie has its rating and has confirmed what’s in the movie.
  Spoiler:  
I guess Palpatine made Snoke and is responsible for everything and wanted to find his granddaughter Rey.

Reaction score
I always thought ROTJ would make more sense if the reactor core's "chain reaction" was triggered by palpatine crashing into the core while spewing lightning in all directions. (ie: why did it require a torpedo to destroy the DS?) it would be a better ending if, truly "All WAS Lost" -- (meaning: the rebels' attack on the reactor core had failed) -- and the DSII would be destroyed by palpatine's body when vader threw palpatine into the reactor core. as Luke is boarding the shuttle with Vader's body, the "chain reaction" would have already begun, caused by palpatine's impact with the core. (ie: it would be a better ending if palpatine's body WAS the "torpedo" which destroyed the death star -- this would provide definitive proof that he was actually dead).
Palpapatine's tower didn't reach all the way down to the center of the DS. LOL! Even if it did he would have had to fall way longer than that. Think how long it took the Falcon and company to fly there at a very fast speed.

Reaction score
Palpapatine's tower didn't reach all the way down to the center of the DS. LOL! Even if it did he would have had to fall way longer than that. Think how long it took the Falcon and company to fly there at a very fast speed.
Ah now you're just applying logic into this (however, I agree) :cool:

Reaction score
I know everything you've "known" and posted...and I didn't post it. Why? Because why would I? NONE of it is TRULY known, leaks are just that, leaks. Theoretical possibilities that may have SOME grains of truth. There's no PROOF right now that any of any of this is TRUE. The confirmed leaks will come next week or perhaps even this weekend after the early birds see it. Someone always breaks contract and spills. People can look up everything you've said. All it takes is a Youtube account, everything you've posted is simply swarming on Youtube from SW vloggers. And no, we don't know what you know...if you DON'T post that. Implying you know more than what's out there but can't post it takes...a lot of faith on our part. Because you haven't posted anything I HAVEN'T already heard. Now if you posted something I HAVEN'T heard, maybe I'd pay a little more attention. But you haven't. Because it basically just sounds like you're trying to make yourself sound more important than you are. And history shows, there's always a slew of people just making stuff up and posting it as leaks just to troll.

Here's a great example: MONTHS before major leaks of Marvel movies, I predict things for fun because I know the comics so well. I formulate where I think the story should go. I post them. Then the leaks hit, sometimes they mesh with my ideas, sometimes not. And ultimately, sometimes my general idea do end up being largely in the films, other times I'm WAY off. My point is, I don't leech off other peoples leaks or ideas for what should happen and claim I'm some epic insider to get noticed. I have genuinely my own ideas. You want us to believe you, then post in a spoiler tag something that HASN'T leaked yet...

...I'm waiting on what your excuse will be.

Last edited: