Magna Guard w/cape - CW49

GNT

Reaction score
Probably time to get a thread up for this figure, the 2nd Magna Guard now with cape and changeable heads.

New proto picture over at Sandtroopers.com...

Picture Here

"We have an amazing Sandwatch Sneak Peek our viewfinder has just uncovered. There appears to be a new Magnaguard in the future complete with a soft goods cape and alternate heads! This version is much different than the previous that has already been released."

Thoughts on this figure?

Reaction score
Re: Magna Guard \"version 2 w/cape - CW##

Hope hasbro adds leg articulation, that would be a first on any magnaguard.

Reaction score

I didn't know that none of the previous versions had no leg articulation.

I personally think the reason this may not have been released is because the soft goods cape and the plastic wrap on the head don't match. That or they thought they can make double the money by releasing this version separately as the "superior" version.

Remember that this version is what Hasbro showed during Toy Fair, yet they didn't release this version.

Reaction score

Just for historical reference:

SSG: In the Comic-Con presentation, the Clone Wars Magnaguard was shown to include an alternate, cloak-wearing head. Now that carded images have shown up, it appears as though this extra head is not included. Is it actually included and just hidden behind the insert, or is it another case of an accessory being taken out due to cost? If it is the latter, then can we expect a variant down the road?
Hasbro: We had originally planned to do the cloaked version first (with the sculpted cloak head), but cost pressures forced us to go forward with just the one mode. We hope to be able to do the version with the cloak in 2010.

Reaction score

Thanks for putting this thread up GNT!

GNT

Reaction score

theanimator said:
Thanks for putting this thread up GNT!
No probs at all.
I just hope Hasbro fixes the legs on the 2nd Magna Guard.

Reaction score

MechaBigfoot said:
I like the new Electrostaff better!
I just noticed it doesn't have the ridges. I'ld like to see it with the real color before making judgment.

Reaction score

I wish they'd just do a realistic one already, oh yeah, and they should have used plastic goods.

Reaction score

Michael_Knight said:
I wish they'd just do a realistic one already, oh yeah, and they should have used plastic goods.
No! I HATE my ROTS Magnaguard plastic cape.

Reaction score

501st_Commander said:
Michael_Knight said:
No! I HATE my ROTS Magnaguard plastic cape.
I don't like it either. I have 6 ROTS Bodyguards and I cant make any good poses with out taking the plastic cape off.

Reaction score

I won't judge until I see the final version. But if they don't bother to add knee and/or ankle articulation, I'll be ****ed.

Reaction score

I have a feeling that this caped version is what we're going to see soon. It just makes too much business sense for Hasbro, especially seeing how well the first one sold. I do reeeeally hope I'm wrong though, because this soft-goods proto looks awesome, and super-articulation on it would be sweet.
Mind you, they'd need to use some tougher plastic for joints.

Reaction score

Master_Kwinn said:
I have a feeling that this caped version is what we're going to see soon. It just makes too much business sense for Hasbro, especially seeing how well the first one sold. I do reeeeally hope I'm wrong though, because this soft-goods proto looks awesome, and super-articulation on it would be sweet.
Mind you, they'd need to use some tougher plastic for joints.
If it sold so well hasbro could've put some effort to make it better.

G

Sold! I wanted this one more than the plain one in the 1st place.

Reaction score

I doubt this is the one we are getting. This could just have been the prototype for the one we already got. The last one was supposed to come with an alternate head that was shown in the Comic con 08 photos.

Maybe I am just being hopeful we get a SA and to scale figure, because the first one is short!

Reaction score

theanimator said:
If it sold so well hasbro could've put some effort to make it better.
Agreed. But that's the thing though; since the original sold well, and the other is different enough and yet still cheap to make, with no major retooling or reworking of the sculpt and it's joints, chances are that's the route they'll go.

GNT

Reaction score

Master_Kwinn said:
Agreed. But that's the thing though; since the original sold well, and the other is different enough and yet still cheap to make, with no major retooling or reworking of the sculpt and it's joints, chances are that's the route they'll go.
Sad to say I agree with you Master_Kwinn, Hasbro's trying to save money at the end of the day and make a profit, since they already have the mould they'll just reuse it to bring out the new Magna Guard. It'll happen. If they've listened to the fans then it's possible we could see more articulation but I wouldn't count on it though.

Reaction score

He better be able to bend his knees. There's no point in using softgoods if the legs cant move!

Reaction score

sweeper said:
Awsome white and pink missile launcher! I'll buy it just so I can launch it. Cooool.
Just wait, the really cool part is the Hello Kitty print on the cape and gun.

Reaction score

bikerscout said:
IG-88 & 86 --knees
IG-100 --- no knees WTF?!!?!
88 only has swivel shoulders though, unlike the Magnaguard who has balljoints up there

Reaction score

looks pretty cool so far

Reaction score

No sign at Comic Con. Surprising, especially since they showed us an alternate head there a year ago.

GNT

Reaction score

Captain_Piet said:
No sign at Comic Con. Surprising, especially since they showed us an alternate head there a year ago.
They probably didn't show it because it's not going to be released in the next 6 months. They'll wait to Toy Fair to reveal it.

G

Now rumored to be in 2010 Wave 3 thanks to Yakface.

Reaction score

I've been waiting a long time for this one. I'm getting at least two.

Reaction score

If they surprise us and give us leg articulation with guy, I would definitely pickup a few more.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Magna Guard \"version 2

I'll pick one up when it gets released, I doubt it'll be anything impressive though.

Reaction score

Zylek said:
If they surprise us and give us leg articulation with guy, I would definitely pickup a few more.
that will be cool but i think were getting what the proto foto shows, cloth cape and new head. personally, i'm ok with that. it should look nice with the uncloaked magnaguard.

Reaction score

I got the original release, so I don't know how likely I am to be getting this. I may hold out for a realistic one instead. But it's nice they're finally doing one with the soft goods.
That picture is cool.

Reaction score

Lord_Atmo said:
He better be able to bend his knees. There's no point in using softgoods if the legs cant move!
Tell that to Darth Sidious!