Magna Guard Fighter

Reaction score
The newest Starwars.com Homing Beacon says it'll make an appearance in Star Wars: The Clone Wars so does this mean we could possibly see it in toy form?

Reaction score
Re: Porax- 38 starfighter a possibility?

I like the looks of that one. It kind has a WW2 Bomber kind of vibe to it. I'd buy it.

Reaction score

These are specifically designed for the Utai, so if we got this would we get a Utai pilot?
Pau'an's are to tall!

Reaction score

I like it, but I'd have to guess the chances are slim.

Reaction score

I would think that the possibility of a ship such as this one being made would rely heavily on how much it was or was not used in the series.

GAR

Reaction score

That's pretty tough lookin'.

P-38 anyone?

Reaction score

Remember it was very breifly seen in the movie, so it has that to back it up.

GAR

Reaction score

Hahah, I just got it...

Porax-38 = P-38 Lightning.

That's cool.

Reaction score

That's a pretty cool starfighter, but I think I'd be more likely to pass on it at this point. I'm scaling back a lot on buying new vehicles, and this one isn't exciting enough to me. That could, of course, change if Hasbro decided to do it and I saw pictures of it. I'd rather seen basic figures of the shorter Utapauan hangar workers from ROTS first.

Reaction score

GAR said:
Hahah, I just got it...

Porax-38 = P-38 Lightning.

That's cool.
Yeah, I had wondered why the name sounded somewhat familiar and then when I saw the picture, I knew what it was modeled after.

Reaction score

They mentioned that in the design of the fighter. It's definitely P-38 - they basically cut the wings off and removed the tailbooms behind the oil cooler inlets (which are even still featured in the design).

It's not the only Star Wars starfighter that's a cut down US fighter plane. Anyone know the other?

'78

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
They mentioned that in the design of the fighter. It's definitely P-38 - they basically cut the wings off and removed the tailbooms behind the oil cooler inlets (which are even still featured in the design).

It's not the only Star Wars starfighter that's a cut down US fighter plane. Anyone know the other?

'78
This one is modeled after a b-2 stealth bomber I believe:

Reaction score

I am pretty sure the cross-sections book said that the Utai in the drawing was in charge of a bi-racial team of pilots, indicating that the Pau-ans caould pilot them as well.

I might be wrong, I will have to check the book after work.

Of course, it would not be the first time the cross-section book was wrong, especially in the PT books.

Reaction score

coybrafett said:
Since1978 said:

'78
While that is influenced by the B-2 design, it is not based on that design, it's a combination of art deco, and all the other Northrup flying wings (XB-35, YB-49, etc) - the fighter that I speak of takes parts directly from a US FIGHTER plane - in fact I believe that the studio model was built using parts from an old Revell model kit!

'78

GAR

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
the fighter that I speak of takes parts directly from a US FIGHTER plane - in fact I believe that the studio model was built using parts from an old Revell model kit!

'78
Spill it! I can't figure it out.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
coybrafett said:
Since1978 said:

'78
While that is influenced by the B-2 design, it is not based on that design, it's a combination of art deco, and all the other Northrup flying wings (XB-35, YB-49, etc) - the fighter that I speak of takes parts directly from a US FIGHTER plane - in fact I believe that the studio model was built using parts from an old Revell model kit!

'78
I would rather see what's featured in that picture first, or better yet, the smaller on that Anakin and Padme shoot around in on AOTC.

Reaction score

The Senator's Starship from Episode II would be awfully big to make a toy - see the EI Royal Starship - and this one was only seen for a few seconds before it blew up. As for the Skiffs from Episode II and III those would be better.

But I have to admit, I like this fighter, and would like to see it added to the Starfighter collection.

'78

Reaction score

Would that be the YF-12A, that was the model for the queen's ship from episode 1? You know the YF-12. The plane that spawned the SR-71 blackbird spy plane? The SR-71 was operational for 34(!) years, went on it's final flight from NY to London in under 2 hours.

Read all about it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR-71_Blackbird

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
GAR said:
Spill it! I can't figure it out.
Nah, we'll give it a little more time to see if anyone else knows

'78
Air intakes & engines definetly look like a SR-71 Blackbird. Prone to falling out the sky quite frequently.. there wasn't many left that made retirement.

Reaction score

I don't know, seems like a lot of parts on SW studio models came out of boxes of common model kits.
I always thought the ARC-170 and the Duantless shared remarkably similar greenhouses (canopies).

Reaction score

The YF-12/SR-71 is a good example of a real world design influencing a design in Star Wars, but is not the example that I'm thinking of, again - parts from this real world fighter DIRECTLY translate to a Star Wars fighter - it's a little tougher to see as you have to remove parts from the middle of the fighter, take off the outer wings and then duplicate the upper side to the underside. Engines and cockpit came from different sources, but the MAIN body of the Star Wars fighter was built from parts of a USN Fighter.

'78

Reaction score

Unless it plays a major part in the upcoming series, I don't think chances are good. It's like the Sith Infiltrator, but there's no well-known character (Maul) to back it up.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
the MAIN body of the Star Wars fighter was built from parts of a USN Fighter. '78
It's the X-Wing isn't it? I don't remember what fighter it was based off of.

Reaction score

It's a cool ship. I'd buy two.

It fits the Hasbro model of "small fighter, cheap pricepoint, aggressive design".

Let's just hope that the figure fits the cockpit at the time of the ships release.

-darth_myeek

Reaction score

theadeptjedi said:
Since1978 said:
the MAIN body of the Star Wars fighter was built from parts of a USN Fighter. '78
It's the X-Wing isn't it? I don't remember what fighter it was based off of.
No, but you're the first to be in the right trilogy! You can see parts on the X-Wing from modern jets - J-79 burner cans make up the four exhausts - in fact, I think the engines on the smaller Studio scale X-Wing are from a 1/32 F-4 Phantom - as that had the full length engine in the kit. But in the end, what I'm talking about is a MUCH bigger part of the overall fighter.

'78

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
The YF-12/SR-71 is a good example of a real world design influencing a design in Star Wars, but is not the example that I'm thinking of, again - parts from this real world fighter DIRECTLY translate to a Star Wars fighter - it's a little tougher to see as you have to remove parts from the middle of the fighter, take off the outer wings and then duplicate the upper side to the underside. Engines and cockpit came from different sources, but the MAIN body of the Star Wars fighter was built from parts of a USN Fighter.

'78
My guess would be the A-wing,

On topic. The fighter is nicely designed and extremly aesthetic. Although I have a hard time seeing this being made, I would buy it on spot.

GAR

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Aurandil said:
My guess would be the A-wing
Your guess would be right - now, the bigger question is, what's it made of?

'78
I can see some similar curves in the F-15

Reaction score

Was the A-12 the two seater? I thought there were a couple different versions of the Blackbird with various seat configs and such.

One of the companies we do work with make flight sims for the air force, they wouldn't let us near the Blackbird cockpit

GAR

Reaction score

Darth_Kuk said:
Oh- F14???

This image makes it look obvious-
F-14 Tomcat
Mmmmm, I bet you're right. It looks like you could cut a section out of the middle, correct the angle of the two halves and there you have it. Cool.

Reaction score

See if this helps...

The A-Wing was built from the wing gloves of the F-14 - I couldn't find a better drawing on short notice, but you can cut out the center fuselage, and then along the back of the "flat" part - put those two pieces together, make a second set, and voila you have the "body" of the A-Wing...

There's a TON of other real world stuff in the OT models - probably not the place to discuss it, but if anyone's interested perhaps we can find a spot on the forums here that would be appropriate. Saturn V models were used extensively!

'78

Reaction score

Even the canopy is usable.
I think I will order a 1/32 scale Tomcat to begin to play.

I wish Ultimate Soldier would do one...

Yes, if there isn't a thread already, I think that it would be a great topic.

Reaction score

I know this isn't the answer, but the cockpit of Sebulba's podracer is made from parts of an A-10 Warthog.

Reaction score

Go find 2 Revell 1/32 F-14As as that's what you'll need. They're not terribly sought after, so while they are out of production, they should be relatively easy to find and inexpensive on the secondary marktet.

I'll have a look around the forums and find the right place for a thread - will post here, and then we can get this discussion back on topic on the Porax-38...

Which would be a cool release BTW...

'78

Reaction score

I don't remember ever seeing this in RoTS or any other source material.

It looks like a vulture droid with two BARC speeders as it's pontoons(sp?). I won't buy it, but not because I don't like it. I do.