Macross!

Reaction score
Anyone else collecting Macross stuff? I have got:

Yamato 1/60 v2:
VF-1S Roy Focker (although I'd like a TV 1S Fokker)
VF-1J TV Strike Hikaru
VF-1A TV Max
VF-1A Strike Hikaru
VF-1D

2 Revoltech Regults

Toynami 1/100:
VF-1S Strike Focker
VF-1S Strike Hikaru
VF-1J Hikaru
VF-1J Max
VF-1J Milia
VF-1A Mass Production
2 Regults and 1 Heavy Artillery Regult

I plan on purchasing:
The Bandia Hi-Metal 1/100 VF-1 line (so far only 1J Hikaru and web exclusive 1J Max announced). I have the Hikaru pre-ordered.
A Yamato 1/60 v2 VF-1A TV Mass Production and (if I can find a reasonable price on it) a VF-1A TV Kakizaki to complete my Vermillion Squadron...
And any more waves of the Toynami 1/100 VF-1 line as the price is right on these. Hopefully we'll get the rest of vermillion squad TV colors and a Glaug!

Now, I am more into Robotech but then again, I have never seen the Japanese version of Macross or more than the first 10 minutes of DYRL - but I can't find DYRL, at least a good copy anyways.

Let me know what you guys have/collect!

Reaction score
WOW - no one else is into Macross? I find that hard to believe.

Anyways, got the VF-1A MPT/CF last week - totally awesome! And just ordered the VF-1A DYRL? Kakizaki for $90 shipped EMS!

Reaction score
Just an FYI on the Yamato Macross 1/60 Perfect Transformation Valks - the VF-1S Roy TV version comes out this month and they are re-releasing the VF-1A Max/Kakizaki (Ben) TV versions along with the Mass Production Type (beige standard one) late July.

Got my VF-1A DYRL? Kakizaki the other day. Now I don't have enough room on the shelf to display all 7. Might split them into 2 shelves: TV & movie.

I also *finally* got DYRL? on DVD and watched it the other day. I have NEVER seen the Japanese version. The animation BLOWS AWAY the TV series. It seemed to me like a short & condensed version of the middle section (when they get captured & brought to Bodolza's fleet through when Bodolza's fleet arrived at earth for that final battle) of the TV show. Story wise, to me, aside the name changes... there were generally only a few story/plot differences.

I like BOTH versions of the story equally so far.

I have the SDF Macross series on order. The latest version which is a 7 disc set and has like 5 episodes on each disc and has the most up to date English dub. I'll post my thoughts after viewing.

Oh, and pics soon of my collection!

Reaction score
I collect a little of the Robotech (TV) versions of things. I have the Protoculture Edition DVD boxset and love it. It brings back memories just like SW collecting does. The last thing I purchases was a beta fighter by Toynami. I wasn't pleased with the VF-1J I purchased when they first came out but I went out on a limb and bought both a beta and alpha fighter. I don't have room to display them now but I'm kinda itchin' to get a cyclone. They look so cool and they are coming down in price.

I really like the Yamato VF's but just can't seem to pull the trigger just yet. Too much loyalty to the SW brand I'm afraid if I buy one I won't stop!

At times I felt the Macross version of the show started to noticeably repeat scenes over and over for fill, anyone else notice that in the battle scenes?

Reaction score
Love Macross. I collect the masterpiece collection. I have #6 but it's not in the picture. Missing only B and C which is the armor.

Reaction score
The only Robotech stuff I have are:
Rick's Veritech
Roy's Veritech

From Toynami.The were very pricy about 80 bucks a piece.I only removed them from thier boxes only 3 times.I do have the remastered Robotech ep 1-12 which are the best in my opinion.

Reaction score
Maybe somebody can offer some advice. I am looking to get into the Robotech Macross (I should have my head examined) and was looking at the veritechs. What scale is the best? I have been looking at the 1/100 scale. Does anyone have any? How is the quality? What is good site to buy? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Reaction score
1/100 is small...and plastic only..

I have been eyeing up some 1/48 or 1/60 scale...

but the $$ is an issue as vintage chewbacca stuff is priority..

Reaction score
I've got a Yamato of the Hikaru Valkyrie from DYRL. I just don't like taking my Valkyries apart to transform them. Might contemplate just dropping it on ebay.

Reaction score
andyfd said:
Love Macross. I collect the masterpiece collection. I have #6 but it's not in the picture. Missing only B and C which is the armor.

That is really impressive!
The only Macross/Robotech stuff I still have at the moment are the remastered Macross dvds from Animeigo, a few Revoltech figures and the old Matchbox Robotech action figures and ships. I also have some of the Genesis Climber Mospeada stuff.

Reaction score
Really nice Toynami Robotech collection there! I remember my very first San Diego Comic Con back in 2002 and they just announced this. Very cool booth.

Circa December 1986, instead of going with a Bandai 1/100 Gundam MK-2 or 1/100 Z-Gundam, I asked my dad to get me a Takatoku 1/55 Pilot Hikaru Ichijo VF-1 Skull Squadron(Roy Fokker's Yelow and Black, not the Red and Black) Valkyrie with the attachable plastic Super Battroid Armor. At the time, I loved Gundam but have only seen toys and books on the series and no actual footage here in the US. One could only get the actual Japanese toys at local international vendors(thankfully!). Plus, being from a Navy family I did grow up on a Naval jet base at one time and one of the reasons I became an enlisted Airman in the Navy later on..
Sadly, when I joined the Navy in 1991, left all my stuff home. Most of the stuff got sent to me over the year but all my toys were either destroyed by typhoon or given away. I just never had the time and money to really coordinate with my parents about it all. Oh well..

photo from sgcollect

Really brings back a lot of memories. Last time I saw it was in 2000 and it was yellowing as heck. I also still had the box for it. I should have brought it with me!

Not sure if mine was a Taiwan or Korean knock-off as it had all the proper Japanese stickers, instruction booklet and mini- foldout catalog and all that...and was in the long rectangular box, not the vertical box like this one:
http://dennis-toys.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-collection-of-vintage-155-valkyries.html
photo from dennis-toys blogspot collect 'em all

I have seen some of the newer smaller scaled Super Poseable figures at some local Japanese specialty shops in town during the summer and may go check them out again, if i have the time and money to.