Macquarie stormtrooper statue

Reaction score
I've just received the exclusive McQuarrie Stormtrooper statue I had on preorder. Number 142 out of 750 made it to my collection room safe and sound. And what a beauty it is! Paint application is spot on, no color bleeding, details are sharp, magnets for both heads and hands are strong, and the overall sculpting is just fantastic. I'm very glad to have gotten this statue and gladly recommend it to anyone. It has easily become one of my favorite pieces in my collection. I'm very much looking forward to the McQuarrie Boba Fett statue this year, and Vader next year. Excellent work SS! Here are some pictures of my sample ...

Reaction score
Very nice pics Julian, it does look an impressive piece..., looking forward to getting mine in the next month or so. :)

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the nice comments , guys. It's a great statue, indeed. I'm sure you will love how great it displays when you have it all set up. Again, I can hardly wait to get Fett. SS really knocked it out of the park with this Stormtrooper, and I'm so glad they're offering McQuarrie's creations in such beautiful way.

Reaction score
Julian..., where have you got this actually displayed though??? That's what I'm wondering so thought I'd ask. Pictures are cool but so are display pics. lol :)

Reaction score
Excellent Julian! Congrats!
Thank you, Sergiu! :)

Julian..., where have you got this actually displayed though??? That's what I'm wondering so thought I'd ask. Pictures are cool but so are display pics. lol :)
Kev, I'm planning on having the three McQuarrie statues as centerpieces in the collection room. Since McQuarrie is responsible for much of the look of Star Wars, I feel his work deserves to be at the center of the collection, surrounded by everything else that derived from his visionary mind. So, I have the Stormtrooper on a pedestal. He will soon be joined by Fett on another pedestal, and later on, Vader will be displayed between the two of them, on a center table. I plan on either having the McQuarrie Vader helmet from Mark next to the Vader statue on that table or the Koto duel set. I'm still debating on that. In the pictures below you can see the table is right now occupied by the SS Droids PF and two Code3 Collectibles 3D posters. On the pedestal opposite to the Stormtrooper, that's where McFett will go. Those PFs are being moved to a built-in wall display I just made in the hallway leading to the collection room. I'm waiting on the glass door for that which is being cut. For now this is how everything looks ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Julian, your setup looks fantastic. I'm hoping to have a collection room of my own... soon.

Are you planning on having Mark paint your helmet and with two tone or finish it yourself? When are you expecting to receive it? Thanks.

Reaction score
Julian, your setup looks fantastic. I'm hoping to have a collection room of my own... soon.

Are you planning on having Mark paint your helmet and with two tone or finish it yourself? When are you expecting to receive it? Thanks.
Hey, Kevin. Glad to interact with you again, and thank you for your kind comments. There's much more in that room but I just wanted to highlight on the McStormie statue.

Recently I did some graphic work for Mark and his McVader helmet (see below), and mentioned to him I would be getting the helmet once I get the Vader statue. Since his is an unlimited run, we discussed I would contact him once I'm ready to buy it. This is so I can see exactly how much room is available on that center table where Vader will go, and have the needed funds as well. Mark is a very cool guy, and I'll be happy getting this from him. I like the fact his helmet also matches one of the two helmets offered with the statue. I'm also debating on whether to have the helmet painted or just left with its satin black look. While I do like how the paint enhances some of the details on it, it is also a fact on McQuarrie's drawings the helmet did not appear shiny but rather flat black. I might just have the nose tip and tusks painted silver, but again, I'm not sure yet.

By the way, since we are discussing McQuarrie's work here, and for those folks that might be interested but didn't know about it, I'd like to share some pictures of Mark's finished helmet, which I think looks fantastic ...

Reaction score
Thank you, Sergiu! :)

Kev, I'm planning on having the three McQuarrie statues as centerpieces in the collection room. Since McQuarrie is responsible for much of the look of Star Wars, I feel his work deserves to be at the center of the collection, surrounded by everything else that derived from his visionary mind. So, I have the Stormtrooper on a pedestal. He will soon be joined by Fett on another pedestal, and later on, Vader will be displayed between the two of them, on a center table. I plan on either having the McQuarrie Vader helmet from Mark next to the Vader statue on that table or the Koto duel set. I'm still debating on that. In the pictures below you can see the table is right now occupied by the SS Droids PF and two Code3 Collectibles 3D posters. On the pedestal opposite to the Stormtrooper, that's where McFett will go. Those PFs are being moved to a built-in wall display I just made in the hallway leading to the collection room. I'm waiting on the glass door for that which is being cut. For now this is how everything looks ...

Sweet collection lightsword.

Reaction score
Sounds good Julian, thanks for sharing..., I do like to see how people display their collectibles, gives me ideas for my own setup. :) I'm hoping Sideshow will do some more McQuarrie statues after these 3 are all released, Luke plus the droids would be great.

Reaction score
You are welcome. Indeed, there are so many characters they can do from the concept designs, it'd be great to see more of them given the statue treatment. Luke seems like the obvious character to release after Vader, and if in fact they do release him, I'll be getting him. Speaking of setups, I remember you said you had gotten a few Detolfs for your collection. How's that setup going?

Reaction score
You are welcome. Indeed, there are so many characters they can do from the concept designs, it'd be great to see more of them given the statue treatment. Luke seems like the obvious character to release after Vader, and if in fact they do release him, I'll be getting him. Speaking of setups, I remember you said you had gotten a few Detolfs for your collection. How's that setup going?
Still need to sell a lot of my collection in order to make room for the new display, sent 2 lots off to auction so far but another few hundred items still to go..., not all Star Wars stuff as I've got rid of all my Marvel items now plus most of my Star Trek collectibles too & even some Doctor Who items have gone but next it's more Star Wars focused reductions & I've been delaying to be honest, next month it'll get done though as my girlfriend who has no emotional attachment to my collection, assists me in getting rid of what I told her was going to go..., mini-busts & a few bigger statues will be all that's left & then I can set everything up & take pictures. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright. Looks like next month will mark a new beginning for you as a collector. It's a good thing your girlfriend is not emotionally attach to your collection. There's been times I've tried to sell something, and either my wife or my son stopped me from doing it because they like it and want me to keep it. My son's room is starting to turn into the second Star Wars room with items I no longer want, and every now and again I buy something for him. There are almost more empty boxes in my attic than insulation.

Reaction score
My problem was that I completely filled the attic & had reshuffled the boxes around to make room at least 6 times & there was just no more space, not too bad as I had wardrobes I could fill but once they were full & I started to hunt for places to put boxes I thought enough was enough as it had gotten out of hand, reduction although not that welcome is both practical & will allow me to really see my collection rather than having too much to physically appreciate...., I thought the mini-busts were the best option for keeping as there's more variety of characters & also getting rid of everything else is less hard when you take into consideration I've still got the characters I'm parting with in mini-bust form. :)

Reaction score
Congrats! Was it the exclusive that you ordered, Kev?
No, I didn't order direct so only the one head/helmet. Still happy with it, like the pistol hand instead of the light sabre as it feels more like what a stormtrooper should have. One little irritating thing, the paint is chipped on one of the feet/boots, it's only small but when you pay nearly £400.00 for something, I think any damage is disappointing.

Reaction score
No, I didn't order direct so only the one head/helmet. Still happy with it, like the pistol hand instead of the light sabre as it feels more like what a stormtrooper should have. One little irritating thing, the paint is chipped on one of the feet/boots, it's only small but when you pay nearly £400.00 for something, I think any damage is disappointing.
Tell them about it. You shouldn't have to accept a damaged figure.

Reaction score
Hopefully you can get this sorted out and have a replacement sent or at least a discount. When I got my McQuarrie Stormtrooper his left foot wasn't resting completely on the base. It was a minimal thing, maybe a two or three millimeter gap, but nonetheless I contacted SSC with some pictures, and they were ready to send a replacement. That said, after a couple of days of having the Stormtrooper displayed, the foot finally touched the base under the weight of the statue, so I cancelled the replacement. These statues cost quite a bit, and even is the issue is minimal, I always aim for a replacement if one gets authorized. Good luck, man.

Reaction score
The retailer doesn't have anymore in stock so have to take pictures & await a solution from Sideshow who I assume will send the replacement part..., I have been offered a discount as an option though & as this statue will be on top of a detolf unit I think that'll be the easier solution as the damage is on the boot so when displayed higher up I recon I won't see it (hopefully).

Reaction score
*Since Photobucket.com, the "free" image hosting website I've been using for the last 12 years to host my pictures for this website has changed image policy without previous notice, and now wants $400.00 a year for a subscription to host images, and since they have blocked the view of over 1,000 pictures I've done for this site, I've chosen a different image hosting site and I'm re-posting some of the images I previously worked on for this thread in an effort to have the images recorded for reference. Thank you for your understanding

I've just received the exclusive McQuarrie Stormtrooper statue I had on preorder. Number 142 out of 750 made it to my collection room safe and sound. And what a beauty it is! Paint application is spot on, no color bleeding, details are sharp, magnets for both heads and hands are strong, and the overall sculpting is just fantastic. I'm very glad to have gotten this statue and gladly recommend it to anyone. It has easily become one of my favorite pieces in my collection. I'm very much looking forward to the McQuarrie Boba Fett statue this year, and Vader next year. Excellent work SS! Here are some pictures of my sample ...