Macquarie stormtrooper statue

Reaction score
I agree, I really like this statue and think its beautiful, but my budget has tightened up considerably with the huge influx of merchandise hitting the market. Will have to be much more selective.

I posted previously that it was on my must buy list, but sadly it has been shifted into the maybe list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Could resist no longer. I bought one. I usually don't buy Sideshow products because they are not particularly accurate to any of the screen used props. But I really like this series, and since they don't relate to anything screen used the accuracy is a non-issue. The only other Sideshow item I own is the Probe Droid. I am planning to get all 3 and maybe display them below some framed prints of the corresponding McQuarrie portfolio prints.

Reaction score
Couldn't resist either. I didn't have my eyes on it since Sideshow teased it, but from day to day I liked it even more and pulled the trigger yesterday.

btw:
Info for EU scummers
Toy-Palace has on awesome price for it

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ordered this exclusive on the first day of release. Had a good amount of points amassed from the last years purchases, was just waiting for this! Using points brought the total down to $300US, I'm happy to part with the $$ for that. Love McQuarrie concept stuff. Now we just have to wait a year to actually get one..

next ss purchase in my sights is supergirl....

Reaction score
I agree, I really like this statue and think its beautiful, but my budget has tightened up considerably with the huge influx of merchandise hitting the market. Will have to be much more selective.

I posted previously that it was on my must buy list, but sadly it has been shifted into the maybe list.
payment plans make it too easy to buy, for me.. Equates to roughly (in AUS$) around 15-20 a week, over the plan period. Easy..

Reaction score
I've changed my preorder of a diecast Hot Toys Iron Man figure (Mark 45) for this one, thought it was time to refocus on Star Wars, the sidetracking is over (sent my Marvel collection to an auctioneers).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can not wait for these to come in... Still trying to figure out where I will have space to display x3 of these, but totally worth the dilemma!!

Reaction score
I have that issue too, I figured as I've swapped my already existing preorders for other items then it's just changing the problem/issue from Marvel to Star Wars & I'm currently reducing what I have so I'm hopeful a space will appear. lol :)

Reaction score
Got my 14 week notice today, I'm really looking forward to this one...

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. I can't wait to get the group of these together. I am further in awe every day at RMQ's contributions to Star Wars.

Reaction score
It's a great item, Sergiu. I love McQuarrie collectibles thus this one is something I'm looking forward to have one day. It shows so much of his work. That said, it is quite expensive at $250.00, and I will try to look for a lower price.

Edit:

Target : $157.35 (free shipping)

Amazon: $208.25 (free shipping)

Barnes & Noble: $213.45 (free shipping)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a great item, Sergiu. I love McQuarrie collectibles thus this one is something I'm looking forward to have one day. It shows so much of his work. That said, it is quite expensive at $250.00, and I will try to look for a lower price.

Edit:

Target : $157.35 (free shipping)

Amazon: $208.25 (free shipping)

Barnes & Noble: $213.45 (free shipping)
Wow, Target is selling this for $157.35... I didn't realize they sold books like this?

Reaction score
Wow, Target is selling this for $157.35... I didn't realize they sold books like this?
I didn't know either, but they came up on a Google search. They sell a lot of stuff online we do not see at their brick and mortar stores. I went ahead and pre-ordered it from Target. No charge for the pre order until it ships sometime between Sep. 29th and Oct. 3rd. That gives me ample time to cancel the pre order in case I see it for less somewhere else.

Reaction score
I agree, I think I will be placing my order as well. Use the Target card and save an additional 5%.

Reaction score
I was excited to find my statue for me today, #122/750. But the base arrived broken and would be unstable if assembled completely, oh joy.

Reaction score
Wow! That truly sucks. Did you get yours directly from SSC?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've never really had any issues with SS, but once. That's when I got the Mythos Obi-Wan and it came with a broken saber blade. They were very quick to replace it and communication was great. I hope you get your replacement soon.

Reaction score
The McQuarrie Stormie statue looks really cool, but if it was 1/4 then it would have been mine. This EX would cost $523.74 shipped to my country, to which I need to add customs and 20% VAT. Even with local distributor it will be a lot. Now if it was 1/4, then I could have made the price sacrifice.

Reaction score
The McQuarrie Stormie statue looks really cool, but if it was 1/4 then it would have been mine. This EX would cost $523.74 shipped to my country, to which I need to add customs and 20% VAT. Even with local distributor it will be a lot. Now if it was 1/4, then I could have made the price sacrifice.
Yeah, but SS probably would have bumped the price another $50-$100 for 1/4 scale.

Reaction score
My preorder for the Stormtrooper has been "processing" for six days, and hasn't shipped. I'm starting to get a bit impatient here. C'mon, SS. Ship the darn thing already! :)

Reaction score
I have four 1/4 scale PF's in my collection, three being mixed media. Their scale is eye-catching, and they're packed with lots of details. That said, Polystone is my preferred media, thus I'm glad all three McQuarrie statues are made this way. The overall size of this 1/5 scale Stormtrooper is 18.5" tall including the base, pretty much the same height taken by many 1/4 scale PFs. The Stormtrooper itself will be a couple of inches shorter than a 1/4 figure, but it is still a noticeably large sculpt to display.

Reaction score
Last edited: