Macquarie stormtrooper statue

Reaction score
Sideshow days of Christmas announced the Macquarie stormtrooper statue!!!!

Can't wait for more details and pictures!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope this comes with both helmets (like Gentle Giant did with the mini-bust they made), I can have both displayed then & that appeals to me. :)

Reaction score
Do we know for sure this is a statue? What size?
The line is 1:5 scale & polystone, like the Mythos statues. :) Can't find where I found that out from as yet though, Comic Con panel maybe?!?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm in, as long as the price point isn't crazy... But who I'm I kidding, please be under $350...

Reaction score
At this time I can't see there being a limited exclusive run. I mean, what could sideshow offer for an exclusive version?

Even though I am sincerely frustrated with sideshow due to consistent delays, and poor customer service, on releases over the past 3-4 months (of up 4+ months and counting), and have sworn to myself to not make another purchase... I just don't think i'll be able to hold back on any of the McQuarrie line..

I have a heap of points in the pipeline so I know now where they'll be spent.
Stormtroopers have really been more heavily focused on lately, with news of them being in Ep7, and MacQuarriealised (?) via the new animated Rebels series, it's no surprise sideshow selected this type for the first release.
Now we'll have to wait probably 2+ years for the actual release.
Love it but not holding my breath.

For anybody wondering what delays, here's the skinny..
Poison Ivy PF due out September, still not here, final payment made on the 15th of December, have been told roughly 3 days ago, after continual ignored emails to sideshows customer service, that the lot are stuck on the docks..
Superman Reeve PF Ex due out in November, now pushed back to Feb..
Wonder Woman PF Ex due out last month, pushed back three times, but all going well should be released late this month..
All 3 were due for Christmas at the latest. My email inbox is full of "flexpay schedule change" emails from them..
Simply frustrating, I don't like to say it, but I have lost my confidence in them to at least deliver on time - any item.

I cant say how many of my emails to sideshow's customer service were ignored before getting a message from the top brass there.
Offered points for the inconvenience, but points don't cut it, I would much prefer to simply receive what I've paid for, on the due date as per specified by the seller.

Waffling on, you bet.. got a thorn in my side.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is tough for me, I got out of statues and am sticking strictly to 1:1 helmets now.
These three RMQ statues are going to be mint like the Mythos, that I can already tell. Really hard to get out completely when unreal statues keep getting produced.

Reaction score
This is tough for me, I got out of statues and am sticking strictly to 1:1 helmets now.
These three RMQ statues are going to be mint like the Mythos, that I can already tell. Really hard to get out completely when unreal statues keep getting produced.
They'll make more too, there's so many to choose from. ;)

Reaction score
At this time I can't see there being a limited exclusive run. I mean, what could sideshow offer for an exclusive version?

Even though I am sincerely frustrated with sideshow due to consistent delays, and poor customer service, on releases over the past 3-4 months (of up 4+ months and counting), and have sworn to myself to not make another purchase... I just don't think i'll be able to hold back on any of the McQuarrie line..

I have a heap of points in the pipeline so I know now where they'll be spent.
Stormtroopers have really been more heavily focused on lately, with news of them being in Ep7, and MacQuarriealised (?) via the new animated Rebels series, it's no surprise sideshow selected this type for the first release.
Now we'll have to wait probably 2+ years for the actual release.
Love it but not holding my breath.

For anybody wondering what delays, here's the skinny..
Poison Ivy PF due out September, still not here, final payment made on the 15th of December, have been told roughly 3 days ago, after continual ignored emails to sideshows customer service, that the lot are stuck on the docks..
Superman Reeve PF Ex due out in November, now pushed back to Feb..
Wonder Woman PF Ex due out last month, pushed back three times, but all going well should be released late this month..
All 3 were due for Christmas at the latest. My email inbox is full of "flexpay schedule change" emails from them..
Simply frustrating, I don't like to say it, but I have lost my confidence in them to at least deliver on time - any item.

I cant say how many of my emails to sideshow's customer service were ignored before getting a message from the top brass there.
Offered points for the inconvenience, but points don't cut it, I would much prefer to simply receive what I've paid for, on the due date as per specified by the seller.

Waffling on, you bet.. got a thorn in my side.
There truly is a big backup at the docks in Long Beach, CA. Union labor contract problems slowing things, a lack of trucks to haul the stuff once it clears the docks, and other problems all adding up to serious delays at the docks. There is little SS or anyone else can do about it. Too bad they don't do a better job of letting everyone know what is going on.

Reaction score
Not sure about this one yet, glad to see they are finally doing something with this line though. :)

Reaction score
The pose is ok, the sculpt is cool, but why the tall base?
Exactly. The bases most likely will stop me from getting these, although I love all McQuarrie inspired product. The tall bases make it impossible to place these inside a display cabinet. They should offer an option with the bases where one could switch the statue from a tall base to a short one, depending on space available.

Reaction score
They seem to have been doing these tall bases an awful lot recently, just look at the recent Vader PF. I guess it helps justify the higher prices that they seem to be charging now. I like this piece, but it'll depend on the price if I wind up picking it up.

Reaction score
They seem to have been doing these tall bases an awful lot recently, just look at the recent Vader PF. I guess it helps justify the higher prices that they seem to be charging now. I like this piece, but it'll depend on the price if I wind up picking it up.
Probably it is what you said. But really ... Are we looking to spend more on a character because of an extra tall, extra ellaborate base? or are we really wanting to focus on the design of the character instead? I like themed bases; I want to make that clear. I think plain black bases are a little boring. That said, if I had to choose between paying a higher price because of a huge base versus paying less for a more simple one, I would pay the lower price and add the character to my collection, which is what I really care about in the first place. Just my opinion, though. I know not everyone feels the same way.

Reaction score
Don't care how it's done, as far as i know, this will be the first ever 'statue' of a McQuarrie design for Star Wars that has ever been made. Sure Koto and GG have done pieces, but not like this one at all. It's an easy buy for an old school fan.

Reaction score
Maybe it's the angle but the body looks a bit thin to me.
I haven't got much in the way of space anymore so I've kind of skipped over this one, I thought it looked a bit of an awkward pose though so I'm glad of that as it would've bugged me if it looked great. lol :)

Reaction score
Don't care how it's done, as far as i know, this will be the first ever 'statue' of a McQuarrie design for Star Wars that has ever been made. Sure Koto and GG have done pieces, but not like this one at all. It's an easy buy for an old school fan.
Not sure what an old school fan could be. But if the term refers to the age of the collector or time spent collecting, then I guess I could be an old school fan too, considering I was already collecting when some collectors were still playing in their cribs with their rattles. The way I see it though, fans are fans no matter the time they've been collecting.

That said, the statue would be an easy buy for me as well if it wasn't so tall. Personally, having the appropriate amount of space to display a collectible is important, and rather than to buy something to keep it in a closet, I like to put emotions to the side and buy conscientiously, thus I do care how it's done. I'm happy with the Kotobukiya McQuarrie duel I have, and all the McQuarrie mini busts GG have been releasing. If at some point SSC decides on producing McQuarrie characters on shorter bases, I'll be one of the first people to place a pre order. JMHO

Last edited:
Reaction score
He and Fett are looking good there. Can't wait to see some photos of it from the show floor.

Reaction score
So very cool, I want..............................................

Reaction score
He's looking good. Switch out hands for blaster or lightsaber are nice to see. Space is at a premium, so as much as I like it if the price is too high it won't be hard to pass.

Reaction score
I'll probably be putting the McQuarrie Stormy on the must-buy, with the Boba on the maybe list. Can't wait to see more of this line, love the scale and the bases too.

Reaction score
I too love this line of statues and will very likely try to purchase both the Stormy and Boba. Just hoping they will not cost me a fortune and the way 1/6 scale prices are jumping, this has me scared to see the price on these.

Reaction score
With the upwards trend and new hype building, im gonna guess price point around $349-$399 on these. Cant wait to see the Luke and Vader if they have them planned.