Mace Windu - VC35

Reaction score
Re: Mace Windu - VC##

Icoul dgo for a mace on a card. I really wiish he would get BJ Hips and a soft lower tunic so he can sit in vehicles.

Reaction score

I wonder which card art he will get?

As for the figure, it would have been great if he got a more accurate headsculpt, ball-jointed wrists and hips, a cloth tunic and a saber hilt that can be attached to his belt, which would be a first on a Mace figure.

Reaction score

I'm down for a Mace. I hope it's a little different from the Legacy release, his arms eem too long and legs too short. I'm fine with the headsculpt.

I've been digging Mace since that CW Mini series episode when he's fighting all those droids on Dantooine and that big earthquake machine. I've never seen a Jedi kick so much ass at once...

Reaction score

Eh, easy pass for me as it's a repack - have enough Maces
smile.gif
-- nice it'll be on Vintage Card art though

Reaction score

super-articulated + soft goods cape = buy

GNT

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
I wonder which card art he will get?

An action shot from say Geonosis would be great just after he slices off Jango's head. If they use a still from the Jedi Council scene that would just be boring.

Reaction score

I'm sorry, but I just think the extra "greatest hits" slots should largely go to OT characters still needing a shot on vintage card. I don't mind and understand the need for PT figures worked into this line but we don't really need another straight repack of Mace Windu just to have him on the vintage card. If this is going to be the trend, repacking a lot of PT characters in PT waves, I hope Hasbro does something to spice these up/make different or there's going to be a lot I'm passing on. They act like they don't know how long this packaging will last, and they don't seem to be in any hurry to get out as many vintage figures on this new cardback as they could. I thought this was something they really wanted to do.

Reaction score

If they would make him able to sit down, I'd pick it up. Otherwise I'll pass since I have their most recent version of Mace already.

Reaction score

I know two things, first I will buy this guy in a vintage pack, and second I need a new SA Mace windu with a head resculp, with fabric skirt, and ball-hinged hips.

Reaction score

Mace needs a HUGE redo! Unlit saber that can go on his belt, lit saber, redone head, arms and.....you know what just start again! SA, decent body type and a softgoods lower robe like agen kolar so he can move. Maces has NEVER had a good figure, only less bad ones.

Reaction score

I can't complain about this Mace (from the TAC Sidious vs. Jedi BP), well just the arms, but he is fine

TSCBPsidiousmacecomp.jpg

Reaction score

TheScreamMan said:
Mace needs a HUGE redo! Unlit saber that can go on his belt, lit saber, redone head, arms and.....you know what just start again! SA, decent body type and a softgoods lower robe like agen kolar so he can move. Maces has NEVER had a good figure, only less bad ones.

100% agree... you listening Hasbro????

Reaction score

RegJr said:
TheScreamMan said:
Maces has NEVER had a good figure, only less bad ones.

Really? I like this one a lot:

TAC06macefront.jpg

This one's good, but could use a soft-goods skirt so he can sit (in the purple Jedi starfighter or in the Jedi council). He can't really do any action poses anyway due to the hard plastic used on the skirt.

Reaction score

For me, the very best Mace Windu figure is still the first one from 1998!

e1macesploose.jpg

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
For me, the very best Mace Windu figure is still the first one from 1998!

e1macesploose.jpg

Whole-heartedly agree with you! Still the nicest looking Mace Windu there is.

In fact, go ahead and put that one on Vintage card.

Just be sure to give him a proper purple lightsaber.

Reaction score

Saw this post earlier, and couldn't agree more. A Mace that ACTUALLY looks like Mr. Jackson.

'Le big mac! hahah! What do they call a whopper?'

'I don't know, I didn't go into burger king'

!
cool.gif

Reaction score

GameSix said:

That was sarcasm, right?

Hasbro better NOT put that horrid thing in the vintage line. The line is supposed to feature HIGH QUALITY figures of SW characters, not boring statues from the 90s

Bout the only thing this figure is good for is bonfire fuel

Reaction score

Hmmm, I don't know, the likeness on that old figure is actually not really all that great. Maybe the nostalgia factor is working it's magic on some of you in this case.

"Are you guys sure that your thoughts are clear"?
grin.gif

Reaction score

I'll agree the head sculpt is great but the rest of the figure is not so good, that's why you remove the head from this figure modify a bit and use on the TAC Mace.

Reaction score

The ROTS head sculpt is not terrible, it's better than the TAC version. They really should update the head and ad soft godds to have the perfect mace.

Reaction score

Lord_Atmo said:
Huh...I just took a swiss army knife and cut slits in his tunic. Mine poses just fine.
I haven't done that with mine, but I can see how it would be an easy fix for an otherwise excellent Mace Windu figure - even if the likeness isn't exact.

The 1998 preview Mace is a nice neat little sculpt, but it's a bit cartoony, & that head is not SMJ.. come on guys.
tongue.gif

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
Lord_Atmo said:
Huh...I just took a swiss army knife and cut slits in his tunic. Mine poses just fine.
I haven't done that with mine, but I can see how it would be an easy fix for an otherwise excellent Mace Windu figure - even if the likeness isn't exact.

The 1998 preview Mace is a nice neat little sculpt, but it's a bit cartoony, & that head is not SMJ.. come on guys.
tongue.gif

That head looks more like him than anything else they've packaged on a card. But even the latest version of Mace is not that great, especially the head. I think they need to make a really nice Mace before they start repacking one calling it "Legends" or "Greatest Hits"

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
Lord_Atmo said:

tongue.gif

That head is more Sam Jackson than any of the other Mace figures we've gotten.

Reaction score

matto said:
VintijDroidGutzz said:
Lord_Atmo said:

tongue.gif

That head looks more like him than anything else they've packaged on a card. But even the latest version of Mace is not that great, especially the head. I think they need to make a really nice Mace before they start repacking one calling it "Legends" or "Greatest Hits"

Whaaat? The head and the sculpted tunic are the ONLY reasons the most recent Mace falls a little short. Aside from that, he's a GREAT figure! Completely destroys the one from TPM

Reaction score

Personally I want Hasbro to release the head sculpt seen on the card back of the TAC figure but never used:

TAC06macecardbk.jpg

That head sculpt along with a new tunic would make the perfect Mace figure in my opinion.

Lord_Atmo said:
GameSix said:

That was sarcasm, right?

Hasbro better NOT put that horrid thing in the vintage line. The line is supposed to feature HIGH QUALITY figures of SW characters, not boring statues from the 90s

Bout the only thing this figure is good for is bonfire fuel

Oh dear…I know it is probably useless making a stance against your views however you do realise that it is possible for someone to think that the TAC figure is just as good if not worse than that 1998 figure? The head sculpt on the 1998 figure is great while the one on the TAC figure is crap; the general appearance of the 1998 figure is (in my opinion) on par with the TAC figure; the articulation of the TAC figure is better than the 1998 figure, however ultimately, even if the tunic is slit, the articulation of the TAC figure is basically confined to the arms. Do you see how, given ones personal preferences in figures, how someone might actually like the 1998 figure better than the TAC figure? Please tell me you see that.

Reaction score

I'm a stickler for articulation. The '98 Windu is %100 usueless and repulsive to me now!

Reaction score

i'm betting it will be a repack of the TAC Mace... I can't see Hasbro giving us a real inferior sculpt for this figure... who knows maybe they will give us the Saga Mace with the huge lever in the back so that you can control his lightsaber movements.....

Reaction score

Jibba said:
Oh dear…I know it is probably useless making a stance against your views however you do realise that it is possible for someone to think that the TAC figure is just as good if not worse than that 1998 figure? The head sculpt on the 1998 figure is great while the one on the TAC figure is crap; the general appearance of the 1998 figure is (in my opinion) on par with the TAC figure; the articulation of the TAC figure is better than the 1998 figure, however ultimately, even if the tunic is slit, the articulation of the TAC figure is basically confined to the arms. Do you see how, given ones personal preferences in figures, how someone might actually like the 1998 figure better than the TAC figure? Please tell me you see that.

No no no. It's the fact that they said they want the old figure RERELEASED! And only with a purple lightsaber. We're getting SA awesome Jedi left and right and seriously someone wants an awful 1998 figure on a VINTAGE card?!

It's not about whether you like a figure more or less, it's about the fact that SA is the norm now. Especially for a vintage line. To want such an old figure rereleased in a high quality figure line is absurd!

Please tell me YOU see that

Oh and I have my TAC Mace in an action pose right now. He's most certainly NOT limited to just his arms in articulation. Slit the tunic and you CAN pose his legs. He can even stand on his own if you pose his legs just right

Reaction score

Lord_Atmo said:
Oh and I have my TAC Mace in an action pose right now. He's most certainly NOT limited to just his arms in articulation. Slit the tunic and you CAN pose his legs. He can even stand on his own if you pose his legs just right

Yes! Exactly! Besides the limbs looking a little unproportioned, I don't have a big problem with that figure. Though I have the Geo pack version, and they forgot to paint his eyebrows...

Reaction score

The ideal solution (for me at least):
- put the face sculpt of the sneak preview Mace onto a ball-jointed head
- retool the lower body of the TAC Mace to have a softgoods skirt under a pliable soft plastic sculpted front skirt
- just reuse the TAC Mace parts to make sure we still get our full SA Mace

Done! I'll buy him yet again if Hasbro does this. I want a Mace that can sit in his friggin' council seat and purple starfighter. It never should've been an all-plastic skirt to begin with.