Mace Windu (TPM) - Ep1 Carded

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface.com it’s rumoured we’ll seeing Mace Windu on an Episode 1 card back similar to the Ep1 carded Darth Maul/Obi-Wan that was previously released as a way to help celebrate 50years of Lucasfilm.

Who is interested in seeing this figure return?

Reaction score
If this one shows up before the one I have pre-ordered then sure. Doesn't seem like the figure itself would actually improve though.

Reaction score
i remember sending in for that figure through Toyfare magazine
I remember when ToyBiz LOTR was first revealed in that magazine, such good times. Early 2000s gave us prequels, LOTR and HP, the trifecta of fantasy and all around my preteen/ early teen years. All my classmates wanted to be in Hogwarts. I would never have imagined that one day you could have access to toy news online or even hunt for figures online.

Reaction score
Are there, or does anything think, we'll see any TPM specific costume tweaks?

Reaction score
I'm actually really excited about these. It's about time Hasbro started doing nostalgia packaging for the millennials too. I never keep anything carded, but I'll probably get all three and keep them carded.

Reaction score
I like these Episode 1 carded figures and would have considered buying them if I can acquire the previous Obi-wan and Maul.

Reaction score
The Ep1 card backs look better with 6 inch figures than they did with 3 3/4 inch figures. Like much much better. The larger figure stands out much more against the graphics to visually hold its own. The card backs visually overpower the smaller figures. This is much more balanced. Losing the comtalk chip and collection stripe also help the design look less cluttered. Thou with the larger 6” figure, a ComTalk chip would still look nice and bring balance to the design at this size under the character image. It just works better for 6”.

It’s the opposite of vintage 3 3/4” Kenner card backs with a very structured and balanced composition. The figure is in its own space with a solid colored background separating it from the movie photo. And the movie photo provides visual pop that also makes each carded figure unique. Then the silver logo extends as an outline around the solid color and photo bringing both elements together and making all figure look like part of a unified toy line. The black background behind everything pulls all the elements together as a balanced single composition. The packaging had a lot to do with the original Kenner line‘s success.

6” figures on the vintage Kenner card throws off the perfect balance of the composition between figure and photo. It doesn’t work nearly as well. Heck, even The Vintage Collection 3 3/4” recreation of the Kenner card doesn’t work as well as the original. The color backing the figure is usually too big. The extra warnings and info on the front clutter the original design.

The EP1 cards really look great for this scale.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's times like this I really wish I liked Mace Windu as a character.

All the photos I've seen make him look like one of the best BS figures out there, and after deciding not to pick him up the first time round only to see him go out of stock, there's always a temptation when a figure like that gets re-released. Something of a now or never vibe to it.

But I just..... don't like him. Most of the figures I wanted out of this line are done now, and while I should probably just see that as mission accomplished and settle with what I've got, I do miss getting excited about new figures. It's Jedi Samuel L Jackson with a purple lightsaber, one of the best looking sculpts in the line and this might be the last chance to get him for a reasonable price. I should be hyped.

There'd even be a bit of a nostalgia factor as, unlike all the vintage style cards, I was actually of the right age to pick up a few of these Episode 1 figures when they came out. I do think they look really good with the 6" figures.

But alas, Mace you're just so unlikeable.

Reaction score
It's times like this I really wish I liked Mace Windu as a character.

All the photos I've seen make him look like one of the best BS figures out there, and after deciding not to pick him up the first time round only to see him go out of stock, there's always a temptation when a figure like that gets re-released. Something of a now or never vibe to it.

But I just..... don't like him. Most of the figures I wanted out of this line are done now, and while I should probably just see that as mission accomplished and settle with what I've got, I do miss getting excited about new figures. It's Jedi Samuel L Jackson with a purple lightsaber, one of the best looking sculpts in the line and this might be the last chance to get him for a reasonable price. I should be hyped.

There'd even be a bit of a nostalgia factor as, unlike all the vintage style cards, I was actually of the right age to pick up a few of these Episode 1 figures when they came out. I do think they look really good with the 6" figures.

But alas, Mace you're just so unlikeable.
I used to feel like this, until I realized that Mace isn't really supposed to be a likable character.

Reaction score
I passed on the original release of Mace. Rather glad I did I like the card back.Same with Qui-gon(which I passed on his original release as well).

Reaction score
I used to feel like this, until I realized that Mace isn't really supposed to be a likable character.
I feel like the handling of confronting Sidious might have been a bit better if he consulted with Yoda and the other council members. Overconfidence is his abilities, his mistake was... a flaw common in all other Jedi.

Also, he was really a jerk to Ahsoka. I can't buy that "this was your great trial" response when Ahsoka's name was cleared, while the other Jedi were either remorseful or welcoming.