Mace Windu - TCW Micro Series (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Mace Windu - TCW Micro Series (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary).
Walmart-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive. MSRP is $26.48. Available for pre-order now here. On shelf Spring 2022 (April 1st).

From the press release:

At long last, a classic Star Wars cartoon is getting the action-figure treatment.

Hasbro revealed today several additions to its popular 6-inch Star Wars: The Black Series and 3.75-inch Star Wars: The Vintage Collection lines devoted solely to Genndy Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars 2D Micro-Series, a beloved show from the early 2000s that explored the time between Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Known for its kinetic style, the Clone Wars 2D Micro-Series introduced major characters like General Grievous and would also inspire the long-running and critically-acclaimed Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series. When the series was added to Disney+ earlier this year, fans were overjoyed.

All come from existing releases that have new decos inspired by the vibrant style of the series.

The packaging for the Black Series items will celebrate the original packaging of these toys from the early 2000s, continuing the throwback theme seen in other Lucasfilm 50th programs including the previously-revealed The Clone Wars, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, and Original Kenner Deco programs.

BS Mace Windu.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ever since TCW version of Ani and Obi I was wondering if they'd do Mace too, and just throw some clone arms, collar armor and belt on the existing figure or what? I can't see Ani/Obi reuse due to the height difference.

Like I said for Fordo it will depends on the price and how it actually looks on whether I'd buy it ore not.

Reaction score
" All come from existing releases that have new decos inspired by the vibrant style of the series. "

Does that mean that Mace will have armor on or not?
Depends on how they define deco.

Reaction score
" All come from existing releases that have new decos inspired by the vibrant style of the series. "

Would be really funny (and pathetic) if they just re-released Mace in diff packaging since they just did that in TPM packaging.
I think it will have some new sculpt though, Old legs, clone forearms and belt, new torso, and some new soft goods for that robe. Hopefully

Reaction score
Man, I hope they give him his semi-armored look for the cartoon; that's one of my most favourite sequences from the series, lol.

Reaction score

I'm hoping that a kit bash would be an "existing release" I'm thinking the recent TCW Obi-Wan/Anakin body with Mace Windu head?

Reaction score
Would be really funny (and pathetic) if they just re-released Mace in diff packaging since they just did that in TPM packaging.
I think it will have some new sculpt though, Old legs, clone forearms and belt, new torso, and some new soft goods for that robe. Hopefully

I'm hoping that a kit bash would be an "existing release" I'm thinking the recent TCW Obi-Wan/Anakin body with Mace Windu head?

That's exactly what I mean. It's kind of dualistic in interpretation. It can mean both Mace as we know the figure (which would really be lame, unless you haven't gotten him yet) and Mace with kitbashed parts to make the armor.
The latter seems most likely, in conjunction with that "reveal" image.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's exactly what I mean. It's kind of dualistic in interpretation. It can mean both Mace as we know the figure (which would really be lame, unless you haven't gotten him yet) and Mace with kitbashed parts to make the armor.
The latter seems most likely, in conjunction with that "reveal" image.
It would suck if Hasbro just released the same exact Mace maybe with slightly different colored deco. I mean, if someone missed out on the original release you can still buy it on Best Buy right now. On a special cardback to boot. Hasbro really needs to do it right or they shouldn't even bother to release it at all.

Reaction score
With this I just couldn't take the "blind" chance, is it really that difficult to mock up an actual figure with added forearm armor? Becaus surely that's all they're gonna do. And TBH that slight change isn't worth $27 to me as cool as he might look next to Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
With this I just couldn't take the "blind" chance, is it really that difficult to mock up an actual figure with added forearm armor? Becaus surely that's all they're gonna do. And TBH that slight change isn't worth $27 to me as cool as he might look next to Obi-Wan.
The way I look at it with Exclusives is even if I decide I don't want it, It is pretty rare for them to lose value in aftermarket, so if it ends up being a lazy repack I'll just sell it to a completionist who missed the chance 🤷‍♀️ . Plus I have UNTIL APRIL to decide if I want to cancel it anyway.
Seriously though, April? that has to be the longest black series pre order timeline Ive seen.

Reaction score
Aaannnnddd.....it's gone.

Congrats to the 5 people who were able to pre-order this.
able to get an in stock alert, via the website, can at least see what he looks like, though i suspect Obi wan clone armour with Mace head, and cloak is what it will be

i like targets approach, one per account, but wm is trailing after amazon, in front end loading sales to big fish, to make more $ in secondary market.

no data, just my anecdote. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is probably the only one I’ll chase. Just to have another Jedi general. Plo might get the custom “Robo” treatment to arm him up too.
I’d like to get Frodo too but that may be too much of a hassle. But I’ve said it before, if we’re gonna do original CW characters...
K’KRUHK!!!!!
86143BCF-CE7E-4E15-AA01-8A1D7AFEA8D8.jpeg

Reaction score
Which TBH is something I don't get, surely with the way they've been pumping out repaints/reuse in the line they had to have something "physical' available. And it's not like it would be that difficult to photoshop armor onto the existing mace figure. My only thought is that they feel Fans aren't going to exactly love the route they took with him, because neither the Anakin or Obi-Wan body would work. I have to think all tye're going to do is replace the forearms with Clones arms, and possibly sculpt a new shoulder piece that fits over SG's outer robe.

As for Fordo surely they'd just reuse/repaint Rex and sculpt a new helmet.

Reaction score
Which TBH is something I don't get, surely with the way they've been pumping out repaints/reuse in the line they had to have something "physical' available. And it's not like it would be that difficult to photoshop armor onto the existing mace figure. My only thought is that they feel Fans aren't going to exactly love the route they took with him, because neither the Anakin or Obi-Wan body would work. I have to think all tye're going to do is replace the forearms with Clones arms, and possibly sculpt a new shoulder piece that fits over SG's outer robe.

As for Fordo surely they'd just reuse/repaint Rex and sculpt a new helmet.

I wholly expect that he'll be on either Anakin's or Obi-wan's TCW bodies, with the forearm combo you mentioned and most likely with the regular release figure's legs. If they're smart, they'll give him the Clone Trooper belt to complete the proper look, but it would be very much like them to cheap out on that detail. Heck, I'd be amazed if they even gave him a soft-goods cape. Whatever the case, my main concern right now is whether or not he'll even be available in Canada.

Reaction score
My powers are weak old man...🤦‍♂️
Despite my all my griping about price hikes, horrible preorder systems, endless exclusives, my complete distain for Wallyworld, and the lack of ANY mock up of the actual toy, I still went ahead and preordered 1 today. They have all the right parts to kitbash a great figure that would match the above still and look cool next to OB and Anakin. Nevertheless I still feel kinda dirty having ordered one

Reaction score
Yeah I have a bad feeling about this, that even if single figures were $40 they'd still sell out in minutes. Oh wait, we're almost there...

Reaction score
I've gotten two back in stock emails, but they arrive at odd hours at night, and i'm not setting up alerts to disturb sleep. thus I've missed twice, but not that concerned. would really like to see the figure first.