Mace Windu - CW20

GNT

Reaction score
A super articulated Mace Windu is on tap for 2010, check out the picture here

G

Re: Mace Windu - SA 2010

Wow spoilers with the Mando Helmet cut in half...

Reaction score

im hearing the fireworks from you Lord_Atmo

AWESOME! simply awesome, upgraded figures.. the accessories were getting are a nice bonus.

Reaction score

Well the skirt is obviously soft goods and is thus missing, but I am truly amazed at how good this figure is. The head sculpt is KILLER. Great work Hasbro.

Reaction score

wiiwhitey said:
Wow spoilers with the Mando Helmet cut in half...
Yeah - what's up with that!?

Not only is it a Mando helmet, but it looks like Jango's. And considering we haven't seen Boba yet in the season, I have a feeling it has to do with that.

Reaction score

Check out the thermal det in the helmet...boba's revenge

Reaction score

sargent said:
OH MY GOD YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!

In case you haven't noticed I am now really excited!!!!! Bring on big bad Boba!!!!

Reaction score

Boy if boba comes back to get some mace windu revenge that will pretty much sum up everything I have been waiting for...

Reaction score

Mildoo said:
sargent said:

In case you haven't noticed I am now really excited!!!!! Bring on big bad Boba!!!!
"little bad Boba"... remember, Boba's only ELEVEN years old during the show. Maybe approaching his 12th birthday, but who cares? It's 12. Waste of cake & paper.

But it is an odd, potentially spoilerific, accessory to give Mace. Lookin forward to the figure, though! I skipped the first release with the weird offcolor armor, and the BP with the white but still awkward armor.

Reaction score

I never got the first one. I'll have to see another pic of this. His legs look kinda weird. Maybe he would look better with the full tunic.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Mildoo said:
sargent said:

"little bad Boba"... remember, Boba's only ELEVEN years old during the show. Maybe approaching his 12th birthday, but who cares? It's 12. Waste of cake & paper.

But it is an odd, potentially spoilerific, accessory to give Mace. Lookin forward to the figure, though! I skipped the first release with the weird offcolor armor, and the BP with the white but still awkward armor.
Even more spoilerific was the Slave 1 mini thing with the pic of Boba on show, so guess we now know he's coming.

I did get the original release, and I'm ok with it tbh, so I don't know if I'll get this - I'd like to see comparison photos of the 2 before I decide.

Reaction score

I hope this one comes with the same snap-on armor the first one did. This one blows it out of the water and clear out of the world!

Reaction score

I still haven't bought ANY of the Jedi from TCW since they all have bad articulation. When we finally get some good Jedi figures, they look pretty ugly... I will not buy this Mace Windu since I hate his legs.

As for the Mandalorian helmet, which looks like Jango's, I really hope we don't see a Boba vs Mace since I hate the idea of a preteen fighting a great Jedi like Mace. Then again, wasn't there a comic or whatever where Boba almost killed Mace?

Reaction score

Deathbymonkeys said:
It was in a book. And he didnt almost kill him. Mace almost killed Boba until Palpy stopped him.
That's good to hear since it would be ridiculous to see Mace getting cornered by a kid.

Reaction score

I don't know how lame that would be. I think they could do it right, with like a Damien thing. Evil kid keeps on trying to blow up Mace Windu because he knows he can't go head to head with him. No pun intended.

That's definetly Jango's helmet. ALl the other helmets are dark grey/black. Whether it's suppose to be painted differently on Hasbro's part wouldn't surprise me either

Reaction score

CaptRex08 said:
As for the Mandalorian helmet, which looks like Jango's, I really hope we don't see a Boba vs Mace since I hate the idea of a preteen fighting a great Jedi like Mace. Then again, wasn't there a comic or whatever where Boba almost killed Mace?
Oh, Boba could easily defeat Mace Windu. Using his rocket launcher and puberty powers he can defeat a middle aged Jedi! And then retcon Revenge of the Sith... then Palpatine would electrify Mace's cousin!

Reaction score

I am no completely sold on this. He would be better if he had a soft goods lower tunic.

Reaction score

rook said:
I am no completely sold on this. He would be better if he had a soft goods lower tunic.
...he most likely WILL have a soft-goods lower tunic. This is Toy Fair, a lot of times the soft-goods aren't present on the display prototypes. Look at the Magnaguard... they gave him Sidious' cape, since they didn't have the guard's cloak ready (tho it was in the slideshow), and Grievous is missing his cape, too.

Reaction score

I guess figures like this are to be expected, its good to know that all the Jedi will be upgraded the following year - it also allows us to skip figures that arent SA from this point on.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
rook said:
...he most likely WILL have a soft-goods lower tunic. This is Toy Fair, a lot of times the soft-goods aren't present on the display prototypes. Look at the Magnaguard... they gave him Sidious' cape, since they didn't have the guard's cloak ready (tho it was in the slideshow), and Grievous is missing his cape, too.
I am sold then.

Reaction score

CaptRex08 said:
I still haven't bought ANY of the Jedi from TCW since they all have bad articulation. When we finally get some good Jedi figures, they look pretty ugly... I will not buy this Mace Windu since I hate his legs.
...You DO know he's gonna have a softgoods tunic over the legs right? You won't even see them.

Reaction score

Lord_Atmo said:
CaptRex08 said:
...You DO know he's gonna have a softgoods tunic over the legs right? You won't even see them.
definitely not ALL jedi have crappy articulation: aayla, luminara, ahsoka, new yoda, new anakin, new obi wan, space suit obi wan, nahdar vebb. all have sufficient to outstanding articulation. and now, we have SA mace, plo & kit.

Reaction score

Amen to that! Here's hoping that Eeth Koth, Ki-Adi Mundi and Adi Gallia get the SA treatement too!!

Reaction score

Eeth Koth will most likey be a salt shaker, since his skirt goes all the way to his feet. At least the first time.

Reaction score

Man, this Windu is a million times better than the first one was. The head sculpt is a massive improvement! Of course the far superior articulation is a welcome upgrade too.

Reaction score

Why couldnt have this been done the first time around, there are other figures that could be made instead of putting out the same figure again.

GNT

Reaction score

DARTH_MAUL77 said:
Why couldnt have this been done the first time around, there are other figures that could be made instead of putting out the same figure again.
Then we'd never have bought any re-isses since we had perfect figures from the get go.

Reaction score

GNT said:
DARTH_MAUL77 said:
Then we'd never have bought any re-isses since we had perfect figures from the get go.
And I guess that's just the way business works.

Either way, I'm just glad they're finally making more super-articulated Jedi -- and with the Jedi of this Toy Fair all of the Jedi are super-articulated (more or less) now, right?

As far as this Mace Windu goes: the only concern/hope I have is that the color of the upper body matches the color of the tunic of the first version -- I was going to swap the soft-goods tunic with the plastic one; or, of course, if the colors don't match I'll just swap the legs... whichever. True, doing this may hamper the articulation somewhat, but it's a price I'm willing to pay. I'm willing to go with aesthetics over articulation in this case.

I'm not a fan of soft-goods on Jedi in the Clone Wars line. In fact, one of the things that I loved most about the line after seeing the first images were the plastic tunics on Obi-Wan and Anakin.

All in all, I'm fairly confident that I'm going to get the best of both worlds; at least I hope I will. We'll see, I guess.

And with that, I guess this is it, from this point forward I'm going all-in on the Clone Wars line. Luckily for me I haven't made a huge investment in the "realistic" line, the only thing I own are the BMF (and I got rid of the Han and Chewy because I didn't like them), and the Dewback with Imperial Sandtrooper (which I have yet to open).

Reaction score

I'd like to see how he looks with the tunic added. I can't wait to put him on my shelf in an uber dynamic fighting pose

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Mace Windu

Seems like this fugre has just disappeared off the face of the planet, has anyone heard anything new about him?

Reaction score

GNT said:
Seems like this fugre has just disappeared off the face of the planet, has anyone heard anything new about him?
Quite a few seem to have vanished into thin air, consider the Camo ARF Trooper, SA Kit Fisto, OOM-9 etc, just to name a few.

Reaction score

SithLord229 said:
GNT said:
Quite a few seem to have vanished into thin air, consider the Camo ARF Trooper, SA Kit Fisto, OOM-9 etc, just to name a few.
Could be because these figures probably aren't due until July/August, when the Vintage Collection begins?