luvmyteeth on eBay - avoid at all costs!

Reaction score
Just had a very unpleasant experience with "luvmyteeth" on eBay, and I see that he (she?) was already reported here way back in 2007!

In early December I put up most of my remaining loose vintage figures for auction, a little over 50 auctions. There's always gotta be one buyer who's a total pain, and this guy was it. I knew he would be bad news from the get-go when he started off with a rambling, incoherent e-mail that seemed like it was written by someone elderly with dementia. Then he wanted to talk on the phone and persuade me into letting him pay for the item he won privately, outside of eBay, in order to skirt sales tax I guess? I refused and asked that he go through Paypal and all the proper channels.

Once he received the item he nitpicked the condition and wanted a partial refund that equated to about 40% off the original price. I refused and told him I basically don't do partial refunds but go ahead and send the item back for a full refund, no questions asked. Over 50 figures sold and this guy was the ONLY one who had any issues whatsoever.

After more whining about the partial refund, I finally offered to cover his return shipping to send the item back to me, and I never heard from him again. Weeks go by without him reaching out, and now a few days ago he hits me with negative feedback out of the blue. Haven't had a negative in about 10 years, and in that time as you all know, the feedback system has become completely one-sided, so I have very little recourse. Looks like he's done the same thing recently to another seller, AFTER the item was returned and the seller issued a full refund.

Avoid at all costs!

Reaction score
Yeah, you sell enough on ebay and eventually you run into troublesome people. People like that I put on my blocked list so he can't bid/buy on any listings in the future. Whenever I get bad vibes from someone contacting me on ebay I put them in the blocked list even before they buy anything. It'll take time, but eventually that negative feedback will drop off.

Reaction score
Just had a very unpleasant experience with "luvmyteeth" on eBay, and I see that he (she?) was already reported here way back in 2007!

In early December I put up most of my remaining loose vintage figures for auction, a little over 50 auctions. There's always gotta be one buyer who's a total pain, and this guy was it. I knew he would be bad news from the get-go when he started off with a rambling, incoherent e-mail that seemed like it was written by someone elderly with dementia. Then he wanted to talk on the phone and persuade me into letting him pay for the item he won privately, outside of eBay, in order to skirt sales tax I guess? I refused and asked that he go through Paypal and all the proper channels.

Once he received the item he nitpicked the condition and wanted a partial refund that equated to about 40% off the original price. I refused and told him I basically don't do partial refunds but go ahead and send the item back for a full refund, no questions asked. Over 50 figures sold and this guy was the ONLY one who had any issues whatsoever.

After more whining about the partial refund, I finally offered to cover his return shipping to send the item back to me, and I never heard from him again. Weeks go by without him reaching out, and now a few days ago he hits me with negative feedback out of the blue. Haven't had a negative in about 10 years, and in that time as you all know, the feedback system has become completely one-sided, so I have very little recourse. Looks like he's done the same thing recently to another seller, AFTER the item was returned and the seller issued a full refund.

Avoid at all costs!
I had a similar situation like that a while back for a Star Wars item. I was able to call eBay and have the feedback removed due to it being it was left in retaliation because I wouldn’t give a partial refund. Give it a try.

Reaction score
CraigMac,

I did try to have the feedback removed, first by submitting the form on the eBay website and then by calling them. The form method gave me a response that came so quickly it was obviously sent automatically, saying the feedback did not qualify for removal. The response from a phone rep was basically the same, and they said the only way it could be removed was if the buyer agreed to it, which is definitely not going to happen at this point. Once 90 days has passed, I was told, I could leave a response to the negative feedback which would also be seen on his feedback profile. Do you think it's worth trying to deal with a different rep on the phone to obtain a better outcome?

In any case, he's now put the transaction in dispute on Paypal under the heading "item not as described." I just can't wrap my head around it. Nobody is denying this guy a full refund for being unhappy with the condition. Just send the damn thing back to me and be done with it, right? But no, he's gotta drag it out and make it painful for everybody. Unbelievable. Anyone have any advice for coming out ahead here?

Reaction score
2 years ago I dealt with a troubled buyer from China I knew he would be a pain in the ass right off the bat. It was such a bad experience he basically stole a childhood transformer & filed a paypal issue to get his money back ( not eBay) Ever since then if a buyer is suspect I will go with 2nd bidder or not sell at all. Just not worth it.

I always list items as “sold as is” stops the few who think they can knock down the price once they have the package.

Block buyers option is great.

Negative feedback happens & it’s more important if they actually say what the issue was. If they don’t it gets ignored.

Reaction score
After over 20 years on eBay, I'm very happy to report I've now experienced something I thought impossible--justice for the seller!

At some point after "luvmyteeth" started the Paypal dispute, I looked at the guy's eBay profile again for the first time in awhile and noticed he had left a seller negative feedback for the third time in a matter of weeks. This time it was especially nasty, saying something like "the absolute worst seller on earth! Complete trash!" I might be exaggerating, but not really. I contacted the latest victim and this was his reply:

"He sent me 6 long rambling threatening emails last night calling me vulgar names saying it wasn’t as described then files a case saying he didn’t receive it. I called 4 times and they blocked him from emailing me. I just called to have the feedback removed escalation is closed. Lunatic!"

I felt like, bingo, we've established a pattern of malicious behavior AND it's escalating. When this guy followed up with another message saying he had his negative feedback successfully removed, I knew it was worth calling eBay again. So yesterday I called the customer service line and told them I was formally requesting feedback removal for the second time, as I understood it was removed for another seller and the buyer has clearly established a pattern etc.... And to my surprise, after a few minutes on the phone they said not to worry, it's been taken care of. Sure enough I refreshed my browser and the neg feedback was gone.

They jury's still out on the Paypal dispute but I'm enjoying this victory for now.