Lushros Dofine - #023

GNT

Reaction score
Reaction score
I personly think Dofine won't pegwarm because he looks like a great figure unlike the nemoidian warrior who had bad articulation, frog eyes and a huge gun that he could not support.

Reaction score
I've got mine on pre-order. It's really nice to know, as a Neimoidian fan, that Lushros is generating such positive buzz, especially after the Neimoidian Warrior fiasco.

Reaction score
This figure looks great (though it won't be able to sit, but that not a big problem) and I really wanted it, but guess if he's coming to Europe. Just like the Warrior, weäll never see him in Europe. Damn.

Reaction score
Could anyone who's found him post a pic of the back of his figure card?
(Good enough so I can read his bio)

Reaction score
I'd like to see that as well, but I'm not exactly getting my hopes up that it'll reveal much about his fate following ROTS. The cardback bios tend to be fairly sketchy.

I for one prefer to think Lushros survived the battle; call me weird but watching the movie in the theater I remember being worried for him and the other Neimoidians on the bridge, especially when the lightsabers came out.

Reaction score
I hope they got to the escape pods before Grievous ejected all of them, in the novel Grievous killed all the Neimoidians on the bridge with his bare hands.

Reaction score
Rune_Haako said:
I hope they got to the escape pods before Grievous ejected all of them, in the novel Grievous killed all the Neimoidians on the bridge with his bare hands.
Shouldve included THAT in the movie!

Reaction score
I WILL be aquirring this figure.

I am a huge nemodian fan and I must say I am glad he is getting put onto pegs aswell as made into a figure. XD

Even though the card on teh box isnt a picture of him. XD

Reaction score
Rune_Haako said:
Grievous killed all the Neimoidians on the bridge with his bare hands.
Sweet. I bought the novel a while back but haven't had time to read it. Someone should recreate this scene with a photonovel!

Reaction score
I would have taken pic but don't have the camera with me so here is a quote:

"Lushros Dofine
Battle of Coruscant
The Separatist flagship titled The Invisible Hand was originally commissioned for the Neimoidian Separatist leader, Nute Gunray. Darth Sidious later orders the ship and the crew to serve General Grievous, the new leader of the droid armies. Lushros Dofine, an esteemed captain, pilots the general's flagship and obeys Grievous' every command."

That's all folks.

Reaction score
ObiNinja178 said:
I personly think Dofine won't pegwarm because he looks like a great figure unlike the nemoidian warrior who had bad articulation, frog eyes and a huge gun that he could not support.
Uh, Dofine has worse articulation than the Neimodian warrior. And that big ugly gun was in the movie. My prediction is that this guy is the next Poggle once he hits cases 2x's each.

Reaction score
Rune_Haako said:
How about the other part that's above the bio.
"Species: Neimoidian
Hails From: Influential Neimoidian family
Title: Captain of Grievous' flagship"

Kad

Reaction score
DarthSith said:
Uh, Dofine has worse articulation than the Neimodian warrior. And that big ugly gun was in the movie. My prediction is that this guy is the next Poggle once he hits cases 2x's each.
That gun was in the movie? Really?

This guy is shipping one per case, is a new figure, had a notable role in the opening of the movie, and is probably the best-looking Neimoidian figure. I doubt this will peg warm.

Reaction score
I much prefer the version in the film then, where the Neimoidians are not inept and Grievous doesn't needlessly execute his own subordinates for small mistakes. Sure, in the film he was ready to sacrifice them in an effort to kill Palpatine and the Jedi, but beyond that Grievous struck me as the kind of leader who realized that killing somebody for screwing up doesn't solve the problem (Try telling that to Vader, though).

Getting back on-topic, Lushros may have less articulation than the Warrior, but this is only because he wears robes and therefore it's not cost-effective to give him leg articulation underneath them. He's got more or less the same number of joints as Nute, Rune and Lott.

Reaction score
Though i'm not crazy about all things Neimoidian, i'm also not a Neimoidian-hater, so i thought i'd chime in and defend our brothers with an affinity for these particular characters.

I actually really like the Neimoidian character design, it's a cool looking species (unique eyes and pupils), they have an accent and a distinct personality, and - perhaps most of all - they have such a tragic plight in the Saga. From the opening moments of TPM, you just know that Sidious is gonna stab 'em all in the back then twist the knife a little. When Nute returned for AOTC, that just solidified for me how something very very tragic is coming up for these guys in the next movie - Anakin's slaughter of the stunned Separatist Council was one of my favourite scenes in ROTS.

They have a great visual design too, with all the fancy robes and hats.

The only thing i don't understand about Neimoidians are the "warriors". It just seems to me that such a cowardly race would outsource for goons, and not try and "train" fighters up from among their own ranks. The Neimoidian warrior figure doesn't bother me, just the fact that the character exists in the first place. I prefer my Neimoidians to be slimy cowards.... kinda like greasy used car salesmen.

Reaction score
SpacemanSpiff said:
The only thing i don't understand about Neimoidians are the "warriors". It just seems to me that such a cowardly race would outsource for goons, and not try and "train" fighters up from among their own ranks. The Neimoidian warrior figure doesn't bother me, just the fact that the character exists in the first place. I prefer my Neimoidians to be slimy cowards.... kinda like greasy used car salesmen.
This is a really interesting point. Didn't the Neimoidians outsource their security to the Techno Union Battle Droids?

Reaction score
TheStoerm said:
Rune_Haako said:
Grievous killed all the Neimoidians on the bridge with his bare hands.
Sweet. I bought the novel a while back but haven't had time to read it. Someone should recreate this scene with a photonovel!

I think it would be a little too violent for a photonovel

Reaction score
SpacemanSpiff said:
The only thing i don't understand about Neimoidians are the "warriors". It just seems to me that such a cowardly race would outsource for goons, and not try and "train" fighters up from among their own ranks. The Neimoidian warrior figure doesn't bother me, just the fact that the character exists in the first place.
The Neimoidian warriors are, to the best of my knowledge, purely a ceremonial kind of thing reserved for only the highest-ranking members of Neimoidian society. They are Neimoidians that have been A) specially-trained to be non-cowardly and non-greedy, and/or B) are criminals who are offered pardons in exchange for their services as bodyguards.

Neimoidian culture revolves around showing off their wealth in any way they can, and surrounding oneself with living bodyguards as opposed to droids is a good way of doing just that. It says, "Hey, look at me, I'm important enough to have organic servants."

What I don't get is why they waited until ROTS to introduce the warrior class. It seriously clashes with the previous two films which depict the Neimoidians having nothing but droids.

McCusto said:
I think it would be a little too violent for a photonovel
It wasn't too violent for the novelization, so I don't see the logic in your reasoning.

Reaction score
Kooshmeister said:
It wasn't too violent for the novelization, so I don't see the logic in your reasoning.
Maybe he thinks seeing a bunch of Neimoidians with their faces smashed in would be more gruesome than just reading about it.

Reaction score
He wasn't in the case my Target got, neither was Foul or Scorch. I was disappointed, as I was looking forward to Lushros. Rotten crap. I'll find him. Better to have Cody out of the way and be looking for Lushros, rather than vice versa.

Reaction score
sambuca said:
He wasn't in the case my Target got, neither was Foul or Scorch. I was disappointed, as I was looking forward to Lushros. Rotten crap. I'll find him. Better to have Cody out of the way and be looking for Lushros, rather than vice versa.
They are one per case in this assortment:
2x Darth Vader
1x Anakin Soft Cloak
1x Obi-wan soft cloak
1x Holographic Ki-Adi-Mundi
1x Cody
2x Utapau Clones
1x Foul
1x Firespeeder Pilot
1x Dofine
1x Grievous with dark cape

Reaction score
Kooshmeister said:
SpacemanSpiff said:
The only thing i don't understand about Neimoidians are the "warriors". It just seems to me that such a cowardly race would outsource for goons, and not try and "train" fighters up from among their own ranks. The Neimoidian warrior figure doesn't bother me, just the fact that the character exists in the first place.
The Neimoidian warriors are, to the best of my knowledge, purely a ceremonial kind of thing reserved for only the highest-ranking members of Neimoidian society. They are Neimoidians that have been A) specially-trained to be non-cowardly and non-greedy, and/or B) are criminals who are offered pardons in exchange for their services as bodyguards.

Neimoidian culture revolves around showing off their wealth in any way they can, and surrounding oneself with living bodyguards as opposed to droids is a good way of doing just that. It says, "Hey, look at me, I'm important enough to have organic servants."
Didn't they also base loyalty on their hats?

Reaction score
Even though I'm not getting this guy, he looks good and the accessories added with him are cool (I'm surprised Hasbro went to the trouble). Too bad he can't sit though.