Luminara Unduli Clone Wars (Walmart Exclusive)

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing Luminara Unduli based off the old Clone Wars 2D show in the Vintage Collection in 2022 and will be a Walmart exclusive. Thoughts on seeing this figure?

Hasbro revealed today several additions to its popular 6-inch Star Wars: The Black Series and 3.75-inch Star Wars: The Vintage Collection lines devoted solely to Genndy Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars 2D Micro Series, a beloved show from the early 2000s that explored the time between Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Known for its kinetic style, the Clone Wars 2D Micro-Series introduced major characters like General Grievous and would also inspire the long-running and critically-acclaimed Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series.

Who will be picking this one up?50D9FB21-FF08-428F-B055-7224AC91A5F2.jpeg

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
MSRP is $13.99 ($13.49 on website). Available for pre-order HERE. On-shelf Spring 2022 (March 1st).

Press Images

VC-Luminara-Unduli-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Luminara-Unduli-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Luminara-Unduli-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Luminara-Unduli-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Luminara-Unduli-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-Luminara-Unduli-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Luminara-Unduli-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Luminara-Unduli-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1.jpg

Reaction score
I never picked this one up back in the day because I was on a collecting hiatus at the time. I’m glad I waited, because this version has much better face paint. It looks really good.

Reaction score
The soft goods on these looks pretty excellent in these pictures.

Reaction score
I like the update, and the character - this was one of my favorite episodes from the series. I wish they shelled out a bit for a new belt though, simply painting over a sculpted design looks cheap. I can understand not updating the torso to match exactly, but the belt is a separate piece and likely would be inexpensive, especially considering what they charge these days!

Reaction score
Perhaps the funds from this reuse will, net us a new Shaak Ti or Depa Billaba, one can only hope. That said i agree about the headdress getting in the way and should have been shorter. I like the ingenuity of making it separate piece from her head but question the necessity of it, while great for customizing it's not very practical. Since this was done i doubt we'll see her gain any time soon with a tad smaller/shorter head piece or possibly even SG's or much softer and malleable/pliable plastic.

Reaction score
Count me in for Depa Billaba! Even if they have to re-tool Stass Allie or Bultar Swan to get her in the line, I’d love to have her.

And since I am the TogrutaKing, I’ll buy any Shaak Ti, though I feel like we already have a few solid versions of her as it is.

Reaction score
Count me in for Depa Billaba! Even if they have to re-tool Stass Allie or Bultar Swan to get her in the line, I’d love to have her.

And since I am the TogrutaKing, I’ll buy any Shaak Ti, though I feel like we already have a few solid versions of her as it is.
My favorite version is the Force Unleashed one! I wouldn't mind one with the animated Clone Wars card back though.

Reaction score
And since Luminara is another Prequel Jedi that Hasbro made a few years ago for Black Series, she just like any other Jedi they cant frikkin hold a lightsaber in both hands. Just one hand. That and her headdress thing pops off all the damn time when you try to move her head to either side.

Old Revenge of the Sith series Luminara didnt have that problem

Reaction score
TBH, although it's probably one of the molds they lost, but the Bultar Swan sculpt would be perfect for a few Females Jedi and for Depa just throw a SG's outer robe on her. Although not screen accurate to TPM, it fits her look from Bad Bach and it's better than nothing.

My favorite Shaak Ti figure is TCW version despite my aversion to the animated line for being too thin and stylistic, but for Aliens they tend to get pass. Her deco looks much better than in the realistic line aside from TFU version. So I don't really need them to make anew figure but I wouldn't mind if they retooled the ROTS figure with better arms and legs. For some reason they sculpts a lot of legs to stand at an angle back then as if they were posing for Elle Magazine or something.

Reaction score
TBH an updated Yaddle wouldn't be that difficult if they just used ROTS Yoda and added BH elbows, and sculpted a new head. I almost attempted a custom a while back but trying to separate the head/hair from the robe hood was very difficult, plus I was never able to find a TCW Yoda which had BH elbows. In fact I'd be fine if they wanted to totally reuse that figure as a base and sculpt anew head.

I never understood why they didn't kitbash a little ore with some of those older figures with lower cost designs and a little ingenuity/imagination, rather they just reissued Yaddle in TLC.

Reaction score
looking good, will be interesting to see a side by side with the previous figure to see the color differences. While I know this was only meant as a repaint I really wish they could have found a way to re-sculpt the head piece to be shorter because it's way too long, and we'll likely never see her released again thus having a chance to fix it.

Reaction score
It’s a beautiful figure. The eyebrows look much better than they did on the original 3.75” TBS. And the colors are striking.

But the outer robe looks not so great, and that hard plastic hood is still going to get in the way of articulation for the arms.

bac

Reaction score
It's a solid figure. I more want a repack in movie colors but that's highly unlikely given this figure's existence.

Reaction score
Some additional loose pics. Credit @raddusforcedad

Thank you (and the photographers) for sharing! I was only going to actively seek the red clone, but these pix sold me on Luminara...and probably Bariss & Aayla, too. I hope the face paint is this good on all the figures; seems like the "printing" can be a crapshoot.

I purged a lot of prequel "side characters" from my collection 2010ish and now really regret it, so I'm glad for the opportunity to pick these Jedi Knights up again. :D

Reaction score
I really love this and the aayla update, but would love to see an actual version of luminara based on the original 2012 prototype, but also shaak ti, depa billaba and adi gallia have proper updates with all new figures, not a lazy kitbash. Same with kit fisto, a proper update based on his ep2 appearance, not his ep3 one.
Eeth koth,oppo rancisis, even piell, yaddle, tiin and ki adi mundi. All new updates, asap.

Reaction score
I would take any and all new Jedi sculpts they put out. At this point, almost all of them are obsolete. Even TVC Aayla Secura is way too tall and out of scale. TVC Kit Fisto’s arm articulation is severely limited by the sculpt, and the face is specific to ROTS.

I’d say TLC Agen Kolar is pretty good, but he’s not screen accurate to any of his film appearances. TLC Plo Koon has decent articulation, but also isn’t screen accurate for the robes, and is too short.

I would prioritize Jedi who don’t have anything close to modern articulation yet, such as Adi Gallia, Depa Billaba, Eeth Koth, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Saesee Tiin.

But the last time we got an all-new backgrounder Jedi figure was back in 2013 with Pablo-Jill and Luminara Unduli in 3.75” TBS. And 6” TBS has *never* had an all-new backgrounder Jedi because Plo Koon and Kit Fisto were sloppy re-tools.

Reaction score
I welcome all TVC Jedi/Sith. Top of my list is a ROTS Dooku, TCW Asajj and TCW Shaak Ti.

I'd have preferred the regular 'The Clone Wars' plate tagging/char image for these vs the 'Clone Wars' w/ targetting reticule plate, but still like them. Have also never been fond of the 50th Anniversary emblem. Why make a Vintage homage style packaging but declare it 50th anniv on the front? Odd pairing. Put that **** on the back.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't really expect them to release Asajj in TVC even if they already have the TBS version, at least not an all new mold, if she's done I would expect some type of major reuse mixed with new parts. Such as using Barriss Offee and tooling new arms, head and belt. Which would be perfectly fine with me.

I would prioritize Jedi who don’t have anything close to modern articulation yet, such as Adi Gallia, Depa Billaba, Eeth Koth, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Saesee Tiin.
Same here, those five are the most needed and honestly should have already been done by now. I'd say Adi and Depa are the most needed for totally new sculpt, while Eath Koth would just utilize Agen's body with a new head, that's what I did. Ki-Adi, Plo Koon and Saesee Tiin really only need retooling TBH, basically just new arms and legs. I know I'm in the minority on this because everyone seams to want every figure to be brought up to today's standards, and if is were still 07-09 that might be possible but it isn't and I don't see Hasbro making all new figures of quite a few characters with so much new media looming.

Granted we likely won't even get retools for those few because even tooling up new arms and legs is a costly endeavor and some might think if you're going to go that far why not go all the way and just make an all new sculpt. If we ever see those figures again they most likely will be repacks, or possibly slightly retooled with just new arms that have BH elbows, as well as maybe new lower legs that have ankles to keep costs down so that they can actually put them in TVC without backlash from fans. Consensus today is that swivels joints are simply a no no.

Reaction score
Assuming the Bultar Swan sculpt still exists, I'm surprised Hasbro wouldn't repurpose it for an updated Depa Billaba. They altered her outfit from TPM to TBB, so they could get away with it - I'd much rather something like that over never seeing her get a posable figure. That's not to say I dislike the old Depa, but she is indeed a salt shaker. I'm thinking that Hasbro just wants to go the cheap route, as seen with this CW wave, and simply repaint instead of retool, but even if they only made a socket mod to the old Depa headsculpt, it could be reused.

Reaction score
The Stass Allie sculpt from TLC would also be a decent starting point for some of these female Jedi. My only bone-to-pick with it is the hard plastic on the lower skirt obstructing articulation, so maybe they could rework it.

Reaction score
I think the fact that both of those sculpts are from TLC is why we haven't and may never see them used again, if the rumor is true that the bulk of those molds are lost.

But I agree those two sculpts right there would knock out several characters, namely Adi gallia and Depa Billaba. Then reuse Padawan Anakin for Caleb Dume, though I would prefer a reuse of CW12 Obi-Wan with new head lower legs and lower arms as it better depicts youth Jedi proportions for use with realistic versions. I've used that figure several times for padawan customs.

There's so much they could do with reuse if only they...