Luminara Unduli - #11

Reaction score
Git this today. She is quite awesome. The headdress stays on decently, and the range of motion is solid. Like Barriss and Aayla, we can safely call Ms. Unduli done. Who's the next female Jedi to get perfected? Shaak Ti? Adi Gallia? Depa Billaba?

Reaction score
I agree, this figure should be the last for Luminara - she has great figures in both the realistic and animated lines now. I'm hoping that Depa Billaba is up next for an update - her "salt shaker" figure came with a Jedi Council set, yet she can't actually SIT in her chair.

Reaction score
Finally opened her up, gorgeous figure!!! Great sculpt, and love the soft goods, a little long but still "authentic-looking" for me!!! My only "complaints, as others have mentioned, the head-dress falls off easily, but nothing a little adhesive can't correct, and I hate when they don't give Jedi BJ hips, especially ones where the joint is easily concealed for those who don't care for those joints visibly!!! Happy to have her!!!

Reaction score
For me it's a tie between Adi and Depa, because they're both about the same age and in need of an update! While I really want Eeth Koth as well, he's too close in looks to Agen. So IMO he'd be an easy redo, because all he needs is a new head to be considered done. Though I'd prefer he get different boots, I can live w/o it. Also wouldn't mind if he was put into a BP instead of the basic line!

Reaction score
That or her neck needs to be a little longer.
Good eye Rune_Haako, ain't that usually the case? Most female proportions look much better with longer necks. It's basic Sculpting 101. This is an aspect that the manufactures in China don't realize. Lots of times, the prototypes we see from Hasbro looks great but by the time all the joints are engineered in, arms are lengthened and necks shortened.

Reaction score
My only issue with this figure is she struggles to get a two handed grip on her saber despite having ball jointed elbows, yet her ROTS swivel elbow equivalent had no trouble with this.

Reaction score
Getting a two handed grip on your Saber, is a big problem amongst most figures though. Even more so with females because of the obvious obtrusions in that area.

Reaction score
Getting a two handed grip on your Saber, is a big problem amongst most figures though. Even more so with females because of the obvious obtrusions in that area.
:awesome:I guess you can say I'm an Obstructionist. Oh yeahhhh...:p

Reaction score
Reaction score
For some yes. But the Target Shaak Ti can do it, Aayla and Barriss can do it. Bultar Swan, Stass Allie/Jaina/any others on that body. I fully realize it's not always going to be a great pose, but it still should be possible. With this figure, it can barely be done. That's really my only gripe with an otherwise great figure.

Reaction score
Obstrusions is the word of the day and I love em........

Great figure - she's done.

Reaction score
Just got this figure in the mail, and love it. Great update.

I have a quick question for anybody out there who can help:
I'm looking for the (green) lightsaber that was packed with 2009 Clone Wars version of Luminara CW30. The other places I've seen it are w/the SAGA '02 Plo Koon (but that was just a hilt w/rem blue blade) and also with the Clone Wars Cold Weather Plo Koon (this is a one piece, but w/blue blade). I would much prefer the one piece green one, but will take any of these if the solid green one is not available. Please let me know if anyone out there has any of these, as I would be happy to buy/trade for it. Feel free to PM me. Thank you very much in advance.

Reaction score
I got this figure as a early Christmas gilf, after I was looking at the older one from ROTS and its obviously not that great, the face/head was annoying to look at(no wonder she was in the back of the shelf for all these years). But I'd prefer Hasbro starts making A LOT more figures we never got before rather than updates, especially updates of updates of and repaints of repaints ect of the same characters over and over again which often peg warm and the ones that really sell are no where to be found.

Reaction score
In all honesty all I was looking for was updated arms on the older ROTS figure, and maybe some fresh paint apps. But to go all out and do the removable headdress is a very nice touch, even if it doesn't want to stay on. I give them a B- for the effort! Now if they had made it so that it clipped on somehow, like they've done with other hats. It would have been nicer. I also have to give them an F for not including the unlit hilt, we got spoiled with this extra but small accessory from TVC and it should have stuck with TBS! After all, it can't cost that much to throw that little piece in. If so, maybe you should cut back on the cost of packaging. By reducing the oversize bubble!

Reaction score
I think I've found a Luminara Unduli variant. I picked her up in a Walmart here in FL. I've attached a photo, though it may be hard to see all the differences.

I bought my original Luminara online a while back, getting one of the "first editions" of Luminara, so to speak. Since then, it appears Hasbro has made some changes. The most noticeable change was made to her eyebrows, which have been lowered a tad. I doubt it's just a fluke on this figure, considering some other changes were made, as well. For one, her lipstick is lighter, and her eyes are less sloppy. The plastic used for her skin tone has also been lightened. She's significantly less shiny than the first figure I bought, particularly on her torso. The first figure reflects a lot of light, whereas the one I just bought reflects very little. The bronze paint that decorates her accessories is also darker in color. Even the gold on her belt is slightly less vibrant. Overall, she definitely seems toned down.

New on the left, old on the right.

Reaction score
I found Luminara the other day along with the others in the wave. This is the figure of this character that I have been waiting for. Ever since the '02 figure was released, I've wanted a better version that is spot on to the character. This is it. After some trimming and futzing with her cloth elements, I think she looks perfect. The only thing I might add is the lighter tan stripes along the edge of her headdress which they seem to have forgotten. It's sculpted there, but just not painted. Love this figure.

Reaction score
It doesnt stay on of you move the arms upward for action poses, but if you push the thing down enough it stays on well for neutral display . Kids would love the thing off entirely if they were playing with it and easily lose it which is unfortunately as its part of this character main design which the ROTS version may be the more rugged designwise least as far as sculpting the hat onto the head.

Reaction score
/QUOTE]

eh, typos and too late at night.

It doesn't stay on of you move the arms upward for action poses, but if you push the thing down enough it stays on well for neutral display . Kids would leave the thing off entirely if they were playing with it and/or easily lose it which is unfortunate as its part of this character's main design in which case the ROTS version may be the more rugged design wise least as far as sculpting the hat onto the head.[

Reaction score
I think I've found a Luminara Unduli variant. I picked her up in a Walmart here in FL. I've attached a photo, though it may be hard to see all the differences.

I bought my original Luminara online a while back, getting one of the "first editions" of Luminara, so to speak. Since then, it appears Hasbro has made some changes. The most noticeable change was made to her eyebrows, which have been lowered a tad. I doubt it's just a fluke on this figure, considering some other changes were made, as well. For one, her lipstick is lighter, and her eyes are less sloppy. The plastic used for her skin tone has also been lightened. She's significantly less shiny than the first figure I bought, particularly on her torso. The first figure reflects a lot of light, whereas the one I just bought reflects very little. The bronze paint that decorates her accessories is also darker in color. Even the gold on her belt is slightly less vibrant. Overall, she definitely seems toned down.
The variant looks much better in my opinion. Most of the (old) ones I've seen so far have sloppily painted eyes and the general issue of looking too shiny.
You probably don't know from which wave the new one was? Maybe someone who's bought a wave 3 case could confirm that Hasbro changed the colours on Luminara for the rerelease?

Reaction score
Picked up a Luminara figure @ Target. Though I'm much more of an OT fan than PT fan, excellent sculpt here. The only other version I have of this character is the 2002?! figure with the magnets (on the blue card), so this is a great improvement. It looks like a much better version than the 2005 ROTS figure, as well (though I never had that).

I wish Hasbro had come out with a 12" version of this character. I remember getting the Barriss Ofee (sp?!) & Shaak Ti Jedi figures at the tail end of their 12" line in 2005, and they looked great. I'm sure they could have done an excellent job on Luminara as well.....I have no interest in a 12" Sideshow version of this character, due to the extreme expense of their SW 12" toys....

Reaction score
Not overly excited for this figure, probably needs some trimming of the robe as someone mentioned up thread. To get any kind of action shot required the headdress to be off. In real life it wouldn't make much sense to have it on either, so I guess I'm o.k. with that.

The face kind of reminds me of Tiger Woods.

Reaction score
oh boy, i can already tell that removable head dress is going to get on my nerves! i wonder if i can swap their heads?
Her dress is also too tight on her legs, unlike the older one.
She needs ball-joint thighs so she can get it more JEDI like poses. T-Crotches are not acceptable for Jedi.

Reaction score
Ha, ha. Question is, did a worker at Hasbro's factory voluntarily did this or as it been returned by a playful collector?

Reaction score
I know this is old news to many, but I just recently opened up this excellent 3.75" Luminara Unduli TBS figure (I actually recently opened all of my carded 2013-2014 TBS 3.75" figures, to save room). This is a nicely detailed figure, with great articulation. I like the cloth robe(s), the intricate detail in the gray frontispiece - and the removable headpiece, which reveals her gray hairdo in a bun. You just can't appreciate - or even see - these kinds of details when the figure is packaged.

However, the figure is not without problems. The headpiece doesn't stay on well, and the figure also needs to be adjusted in order to stand.

Reaction score
I definitely feel this was a great figure, and glad it was made. Vast improvement over AOTC releases in both her and Barris Offee. But agree that there were a few flaws. When the older figure came out, i always wanted the headpiece to be removable for some reason. Might have been due to reading a book with them Obi-Wan and Anakin on mission where they had to remove outer clothing. Or I just don't like sculpted head wear. lol
Then when it was, it was just annoying always popping off. And of course the barely standing issue plagued many figures, while others were just fine. I sometimes think they should have used a computer to find the center of the figure, so that they would have better balance.

I'm accepting of a few minor flaws to simply have these updates in my collection, over the old pre-posed statues of AOTC. So i'm glad they got to several characters before the end.