Luminara Unduli - #11

Reaction score
I thought Mara would probably be my favorite in this wave, but after seeing the loose images of these figures on JTA, I think Luminara looks to be the best figure in this wave!!! Well for me personally anyways!!! Too bad she doesn't have BJ hips though!!!
Well fortunately that can be fixed really easy, since she has long robes. But I feel you, she should have had them in the first place.

Uh.....what? Is that seriously what her head sculpt looks like? :confused: :disgusted:
Well considering her headdress comes off, how'd you expect her to have volume to her hair? The only way to fix this would have been a head swap scenario, where they have an extra head. And that would add expense onto an already new figure.

Both options above adds to the cost of a figure, and Hasbro was probably on a smaller budget with TBS.
However with all the repeats, would it have killed them to do a definitive Luminara?! Why is it they want to add BH joints to the figures that you can see them on, but when it comes to covered joints they totally pass.:wtf:

It doesn't bold well for the remaining Jedi updates does it.

Reaction score
I'm definitely happy with this figure. The removeable hood is an extra bonus to me and the head looks good.

Reaction score
Well you guys wanted a new Luminara. You got it.

I'll stick with the Order 66 Luminara from the Order 66 two packs.

Reaction score
The older head sculpt and the green paint job of the Order 66 Luminara is better.

The new Luminara looks like a pale ghost

GNT

Reaction score
Meh I don't care about her hair, she never takes off her headpiece so it doesn't really matter IMO.

Reaction score
I never could figure out the overly green skin tone they've slapped on previous versions, good to see this figure is a bit more brown

Reaction score
Meesa Mike > hunt down the LC Geo Arena Shaak-Ti , it's the definitive version for sure.
The Geo Arena Shaak Ti was an improvement in articulation, but a step backwards with the tattered soft goods and dull facial paint application. She also hasn't been released with her Jedi robe since the statue version of 2002.

I would love to see Shaak Ti resculpted using the same combination of plastic and soft goods Hasbro used with TBS Luminara.

BTW, the Clone Wars version of Shaak Ti is a masterpiece!

Reaction score
So some of you think the newer luminara' s head sculpt is better than the previous Order 66two pack luminara?

The Order 66 luminara has the better head sculpt and more screen accurate.

Reaction score
So some of you think the newer luminara' s head sculpt is better than the previous Order 66two pack luminara?

The Order 66 luminara has the better head sculpt and more screen accurate.
And that's the bottom line because patrickdurfee said so!

Reaction score
BTW, the Clone Wars version of Shaak Ti is a masterpiece!
Aside form it being too skinny, I agree. Hopefully they'll make anew one fairly soon, and I can retire my ROTS figure. I never bought the Goe fig because it wasn't that much of an upgrade, and I knew they'd get to her again. I'm just waiting...

Although if they don't, I can make one using TFU head, TCW robes, And make a better figure than the ROTS version, If I have to.

Reaction score
Aside form it being too skinny, I agree.
That was typical of a great many CW figures, and as such was regarded as a standardized point of stylization.

My current movie-based version of Shaak Ti is the Geo figure with the skirt from the 2005 ROTS version and the robe from the 1999 TPM Jedi accessory set.

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about Luminara's removable headdress. Depending on how well it stays attached to her head, I may end up gluing it in place like I did with the Gamorrean Guard and Wooof helmets.

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about Luminara's removable headdress. Depending on how well it stays attached to her head, I may end up gluing it in place like I did with the Gamorrean Guard and Wooof helmets.
I was thinking the exact thing. Sure it's cool, it's an added detail, but most likely it will fall off.
I can't remember if museum wax will be the perfect choice if you wish to remove it later on.

Reaction score
Museum wax works perfectly for loose accessories and never leaves any residue at all. I swear by the stuff.

Reaction score
Museum Wax! That sounds much better than the Embalmers Wax i've been using. The smell's not so bad if you get fresh stuff, but that face on the can gives me the heebie-geebies.

Just kidding....

So what is museum wax and where can I get it? I've tried blue tac before, but this sounds better.

Reaction score
So what's the deal on Luminara with the 41st Elite Corps? Are they her Troops who Yoda hijacked for Kashyyyk or primarily Yodas? Just wondering for display purposes on this figure as she'll either go with Clones or just Geonosis dios depending on the answer.

Reaction score
Museum Wax! That sounds much better than the Embalmers Wax i've been using. The smell's not so bad if you get fresh stuff, but that face on the can gives me the heebie-geebies.

Just kidding....

So what is museum wax and where can I get it? I've tried blue tac before, but this sounds better.
I got mine from Amazon.com though I've seen it in craft stores. One small jar will last you forever. I bought a jar 8 or 9 years ago and it's still almost full as it only takes a tiny bit.

Reaction score
So what's the deal on Luminara with the 41st Elite Corps? Are they her Troops who Yoda hijacked for Kashyyyk or primarily Yodas? Just wondering for display purposes on this figure as she'll either go with Clones or just Geonosis dios depending on the answer.
That's a good question, maybe we should ask someone from LFL.

I always assumed they were Luminara's Legion, and yoda just assumed command because of his "Wookiee releations".
Then again there's the Quinlan Vos angle, who was also there. So who really did the 41st belong to day to day?

Reaction score
Unduli is the Senior Jedi General in command of the 41st. She was on Kashyyyk when Yoda arrived (as seen in ROTS) - giving commands in the field. She also commanded the 41st during the second Battle of Geonosis, as seen in the CW series.

Reaction score
But we all know TCW isn't Canon, for some. ;) I also don't believe everything I read on Wiki.

But Luminara does make the most sense.

Reaction score
Well, with the new Disney direction, we have no idea what will end up canon or not outside of the six films...

Reaction score
Does she still come with the cape that was shown in the production photos? It doesn't look like she does in Hercules photos.

Reaction score
Completely forgot about her stuff in CW, not watched it in ages. At least I know where to display her now.
You know what's really odd, and a bit OCD maybe. Is that when I display my figures, I display them by movie.
AOTC Luminara is on one shelf with all the other Jedi from AOTC. While ROTS Luminara is on a different shelf, along with other ROTS Jedi!

I've never had an issue on where I should display a figure.

Reaction score
You know what's really odd, and a bit OCD maybe. Is that when I display my figures, I display them by movie.
AOTC Luminara is on one shelf with all the other Jedi from AOTC. While ROTS Luminara is on a different shelf, along with other ROTS Jedi!

I've never had an issue on where I should display a figure.
I display by movie/game in general, unless it's Clone Wars related where I pile everything into one display. Currently it's close to ROTS CW, so I have ROTS Kenobi and Skywalker in my CW dio, with the AOTC releases being kept as AOTC definitive characters. With Luminara though, I was just thinking as to whether she should be displayed in my CW area or AOTC area with Bariss since I kinda prefer having one jedi per battalion, which Yoda takes up for the 41st atm. Since this seems wrong now since I forgot about the series, that may change.
Crazy OCD yes, but it works for me.

Reaction score
I never realized it before until recently, that it was this bad. Most people probably only have one Luminara, because she's basically the same in both movies.
Unlike Anakin and Obi-Wan who a re slightly different in each. That is one reason why collecting is a tad expensive at times, I buy multiple figures for different display eras. Though I did also contemplate having an extra figure to go with their corresponding Clone Legion as well. But I have way too may figures already, and have really been considering paring it down to just one figure per character.

Reaction score
I have them all together on Kashyyyk so everyone is happy :D