Luke with Wampa

Reaction score
Did you even follow the link I conveniently provided? Let me break it down for you:

- Han vs Greedo in ANH: further altered from SE, now instead of Greedo shoots first, they shoot simultaneously.
- Jabba the Hutt in ANH: replaced the crappy CGI version of Jabba from the SE with a slightly less crappy CGI version
- Victory Celebration in ROTJ: SE added shots of Coruscant, Bespin, and Tatooine, 2004 DVD added a shot of Naboo to this scene
- Emperor Palpatine hologram in ESB: SE still had the woman with monkey eyes; 2004 DVD replaced her with Ian McDiarmid and added new dialogue to the scene
- Boba Fett in ESB: Jason Wingreen's voice replaced with Temura Morrison's for the 2004 DVD
- Vader Unmasking in ROTJ: Anakin's eyebrows digitally removed for 2004 DVD
- Anakin force Ghost in ROTJ: Sebastian Shaw digitally replaced with Hayden Christensen
Absolutely correct - Thanks for the break-down. To modify my last post, there are actually four cuts/versions of the OT films:

1977, 1980, and 1983 Original Original Trilogy - or OOT, for short ;)

1997 SE's

2004 DVD's

2011 Blu-rays

Each subsequent version after the OOT's had changes that weren't in the previous version. The '97 SE's have the most changes (from the OOT), the 2004 DVD's had changes that weren't in the '97 SE's, and the 2011 Blu's had some slight changes that weren't in the previous versions.

Other than Greedo shooting first in the '97 SE - the most egregious/worst changes were in the 2004 DVD's - notably:

- Changing Boba Fett's voice in ESB - ridiculous. His voice was fine in the original 1980 & '97 SE films

-Changing the Anakin ghost's from the old man Sebastian Shaw to the much younger Hayden Christiansen (sp?!) ghost. This was a terrible, ill-advised move, and totally ruins the emotional resonance of this scene for me (and I'm sure for other fans as well). The point of this scene was to show old Anakin as he looked without the mechanical apparatus & scars, etc. He fit right in with the old Yoda & old Obi-wan in that scene. However, to change it to the young Anakin was ridiculous - I understand the reasoning behind this (i.e., to show how he looked before he became Darth Vader) but it still ruins the scene for me.

Again, this is why the '97 SE films should be released to Blu-ray. The only home video format they've only been released to was VHS tape (back in the late '90's), and deserve to be cleaned up, remastered, and released in High Def. In a way, I want the '97 SE's released more than the OOT - since the OOT, while good for it's time, is fairly "rough" these days due to many of the effects looking terrible.

Reaction score
The thing that had me fuming in the blu ray release was the addition of Vader saying 'No', as Luke is being blasted by the Emporer, totally unnecessary as you could tell the conflict that was going on within Vader. Hopefully when the superboxset gets released after IX, this May get nixed, like the similar scream that was added to Lukes fall in one of the Empire re-releases and wisely removed from subsequent editions.

Reaction score
The thing that had me fuming in the blu ray release was the addition of Vader saying 'No', as Luke is being blasted by the Emporer, totally unnecessary as you could tell the conflict that was going on within Vader. Hopefully when the superboxset gets released after IX, this May get nixed, like the similar scream that was added to Lukes fall in one of the Empire re-releases and wisely removed from subsequent editions.
That "No" was the final tinkering straw with me and I went full on Harmy after that.

Reaction score
Absolutely correct - Thanks for the break-down. To modify my last post, there are actually four cuts/versions of the OT films:

1977, 1980, and 1983 Original Original Trilogy - or OOT, for short ;)
Technically there's more since "Epidsode 4" wasn't added to the opening crawl until ESB was made.

Reaction score
Technically there's more since "Epidsode 4" wasn't added to the opening crawl until ESB was made.
Good point - Thanks.

There have been so many changes/modifications to the films over the years - and so many different versions - that I always thought it would be cool if & when the technology gets more advanced.....that these OT films get released in enhanced, more interactive sets so that fans "pick & choose" which versions they want to see, to the point that we can actually pick certain modification, and not pick others.

For example, in a theoretical "Purple Ray" (ha ha) OT set, you could pick the ANH scene where Greedo still shoots first (the original 1977 cut) but still keep the rest of the changes, i.e. the enhanced X-wing/Tie Fighter battle, the modified/improved Falcon escaping from Docking Bay 94 (from the '97 SE), etc.

And, in ESB - you could keep the added exterior scenes with the Cloud Cars in Cloud City (from the '97 SE), but still keep Boba Fett's original voice (from the 1980 & '97 cuts) - which was changed in the 2004 DVD's.

And, in ROTJ you could still keep the original Sy Snootles song from the '83 cut (and discard the stupid '97 music cut with the Yuzzum?!), but also keep the planets celebrating the fall of the Empire at the end (from the '97 SE & the 2004 DVD's) - which I think makes the ending more "epic" in scope.

You get the picture....but, not sure if this will ever happen.

Reaction score
Lol! 'Choose Your Destiny - The Star Wars Edition'.

The main bones of contention i have with the special editions are:

ANH
The Greedo scene (obviously)
Shootout at the cell bay (take out all the sensors being shot out and put the more graphic hits on the troopers)
ROTJ
Sy Snootles (take out the cgi crap and the dancers and put the puppets back in!)
Vader/Emporer ( remove the totally unnecessary "No!" from that scene)

everything else i can live with.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I also saw this at Kmart the other day, although it couln't be purchased yet.
Likely won't pick it up there anyways, as they charge the same outlandish prices that TRU does!

Reaction score
^ same thing just happened to me after waiting 20 mins in a Kmart line with 1 register open. Had Wampa, Nest and Han speeder in hand but denied at the register (and quite rudely). Can see why they are next on the chopping block.

Reaction score
^ do yoy guys what km was charging? Stopped by my local km this am and nothing out but tlj clearence. Last year at same km, i was denied the rathtar, A-wing and canto speeder just a couple days b4 ff2. But a couple weeks later, earned rewards and went back and got the 2 ships. To my surprise, they were on sale for a few bucks off each in addition to my rewards bucks.

Reaction score
I meant, "do you guys guy what...".( i cant type and watch walking dead at same time, lol)

Reaction score
^thanks, I should check to see if I have any surprise bonus rewards b4 Friday, lol

Reaction score
No K-marts in my area anymore, and TRU is closed/closing. I'll have to rely on Wal-mart & Target for this.

Reaction score
I've been good with two Walmarts and a Target for years. He'll be fine.
Yeah, no issues with finding items @ Target/Wal-mart, or if all else fails going online.

I haven't shopped @ my local TRU for about a year anyway - and, I haven't had any K-marts in my area since around 2002-ish.

Reaction score
I’m curious about the Luke in this set...I have the mission series version which I like a lot but I wish the face wasn’t quite so bloody.

Reaction score
I didn't look too close, was in hurry. Also, not sure, but woudln't he just be a repack. Since the Wampa is all new?

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'm going to see if I can find this @ retail before I order online, but it's nice to see that it's online for a reasonable price.

The removable arm feature is cool - glad the toy includes this. I don't think other 3.75" versions of the Wampa had this, but never got the 2003/2004 version so can't say for sure.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'm going to see if I can find this @ retail before I order online, but it's nice to see that it's online for a reasonable price.

The removable arm feature is cool - glad the toy includes this. I don't think other 3.75" versions of the Wampa had this, but never got the 2003/2004 version so can't say for sure.
Thats the retail price. So unless you dont have amazon prime, you are going to pay just as much in store.

Reaction score
Brickseek is showing "Out of Stock" for the Wampa (and TVC) at all of the Walmarts and Targets within 20 miles of me. I've tried UPC, SKU, and DPCI. The stores would need to have stock tonight in order to put everything out tomorrow, right? What gives?

Reaction score
Picked up another on Amazon just now. If I see it tomorrow I'll cancel the Amazon order I guess

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
The vintage Wampa was the only one that didn't. The POTF2 and Saga versions both had removable right arms.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/potf2/potf2beastwampaarm.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/swsaga/sw04ultrawampaattack.jpg
Good to know. I unloaded the POTF2 version a while back, and never had the 2004 version. However, the pictures of this new version look more "realistic" when it comes to this removable arm - if that makes sense.

Reaction score
Picked this up today at target. Wasn’t sure I was going to get it as I have an like the saga version. The kicker for me, I like this luke over the mission series one. I figure I can sell the saga Wampa and mission series luke and be pretty close to breaking even so it’s worth it. I’ll be keeping the saga accessories though.

Reaction score
Thanks again GrandAdmiral for the link. I ordered everything I wanted today and didn’t have to deal with the disappointment of retail.

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
I wish they would quit putting tauntaun blood all over the wampa's face. Its kind of distracting. It instantly draws focus and sort of overpowers the figure. The blood is isn't nearly that prominent in the movie and its only really noticeable in the shot where he's eating the tauntaun.

Reaction score
I wish they would quit putting tauntaun blood all over the wampa's face. Its kind of distracting. It instantly draws focus and sort of overpowers the figure. The blood is isn't nearly that prominent in the movie and its only really noticeable in the shot where he's eating the tauntaun.
Agreed, I plan to eventually remove it. And honestly, the paint on this figure is not great. It needs a wash.

Reaction score
This luke is pretty nice. Big step up over the mission series version. So goodbye mission series luke, it’s off to eBay with you.