Luke with Wampa

Reaction score
I think it's frustrating that the Wampa actually has "dialogue" in a manner of speaking during ESB (true it's just grunts and roars) but at least it's something. Hasbro gave us Force link tech for both the Royal Guards and Praetorian guards and all they do is make cloak sweeping sounds... not very original.
Right the roar, the grunts, the cave roars and the bone crunching would be appreciated! I guess for the guards, that's the best they can do and I'm honestly OK with that. What else would guards who never talk, say?

Reaction score
not very original.

More like not thinking 'toyetic'-like anymore. Since the Praetorian Guards were more engaged in an 'iconic' movie scene, the least they (Hasbro) would have given them is melee-clashing-with-saber sounds to further evoke that sort of interactive-ness....I think that was the purpose of Force Link to begin with I guess. :\

Reaction score
Hasbro is the king of half thought out ideas, and very poor execution. Then when it doesn't take off like they hoped/thought, it fades into the distance. How long before they stop with updates to Force Link altogether?

IMO, it's too dependent upon the activator. And is somewhat limited on new characters, where all the dialog hasn't been spoken yet. For OT characters everything is already done, but for the new guys it's still ongoing. So that's why the need for updates. Putting a chip into a figure is easy part, but needing the wrist devise is where it fails. The activator should have been built into the ships if anything. IDK

Reaction score
Note that I'm sure that there are collectors out there - myself very much included - that could care less about the Forcelink 2.0 feature (or whatever it's called), and only care about the toys themselves. I am collecting some of these new toys (Wampa, Han's Landspeeder, etc.), and have no knowledge about how the Forcelink feature even works, nor do I care. I'm old-skool, and only really care about the sculpts.

In fact, in general I'm not a huge fan of electronic features on toys. The batteries all end up dying and/or the feature usually diminishes in functionality over time, so after a while the feature becomes useless anyway.

Reaction score
Note that I'm sure that there are collectors out there - myself very much included - that could care less about the Forcelink 2.0 feature (or whatever it's called), and only care about the toys themselves. I am collecting some of these new toys (Wampa, Han's Landspeeder, etc.), and have no knowledge about how the Forcelink feature even works, nor do I care. I'm old-skool, and only really care about the sculpts.

In fact, in general I'm not a huge fan of electronic features on toys. The batteries all end up dying and/or the feature usually diminishes in functionality over time, so after a while the feature becomes useless anyway.
Even though almost all the original vehicles had sounds built in? To me, it's one of the coolest parts of the vehicles themselves and really brings them to life. I care mostly about the sculpts of course, but when this thing clearly has Force Link built into, and Hasbro sells it as part of the cost to us as consumers, I expect it to work perfectly without hassle.

Reaction score
Even though almost all the original vehicles had sounds built in? To me, it's one of the coolest parts of the vehicles themselves and really brings them to life. I care mostly about the sculpts of course, but when this thing clearly has Force Link built into, and Hasbro sells it as part of the cost to us as consumers, I expect it to work perfectly without hassle.
Exactly. Is Force Link necessary? Not at all. But if it's going to be implemented it had might as well work.

Reaction score
Exactly. Is Force Link necessary? Not at all. But if it's going to be implemented it had might as well work.
Yep, I never minded my figures NOT having sounds, I never even thought about it until the CommTech chips came out. Thought it was a cool idea though, how ironic the 1999 figures all had articulation in the arms AND sounds in their figure stands. I think the integration of Force Link is really cool because it doesn't obstruct the figure's appearance whatsoever, so it's negligible. I'm more inclined to like it in vehicles because it adds some fun playability and even since I got my 1995 Electronic X-Wing, I've just learned to appreciate it, though discrete individual buttons are more favorable since Force Link you have to use 2 hands for and the consistency is pretty bad.

Reaction score
My thoughts on Force Link is that at least it's a gimmick that doesn't detract from the toy itself unlike those huge Nerf blasters they put on the Rogue One line vehicles.

If 1.0 is any predictor I expect to find plenty of 2.0 devices cheap on clearance after the holiday or at pretty much every discount store next year. Maybe all the bugs will be worked out by then. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
My thoughts on Force Link is that at least it's a gimmick that doesn't detract from the toy itself unlike those huge Nerf blasters they put on the Rogue One line vehicles.

If 1.0 is any predictor I expect to find plenty of 2.0 devices cheap on clearance after the holiday or at pretty much every discount store next year. Maybe all the bugs will be worked out by then. :rolleyes:
I waited and finally got a Han Solo Force Link 2.0 Starter set for $15 because I didn't want to wait any longer. I really do dig the sounds as it's the only way I can hear what Enfys' speeder is supposed to sound like or Han's. I like it more for the vehicles, but the dialogue is pretty cool too. Just wish they chose TVC figures for it instead of 5POA inferior sculpting.

Reaction score
I got this the other day and I really like the Wampa. But the box pissed me off. It was more than half empty. They should have just done us a solid and made the Wampa a TVC figure or made a new "Creature pack" for it. The box could have had a neat Muftak styled diorama for the amount of cardboard the box wastes.

Still, I really like the Wampa and the Luke is going to be a rando Hoth trooper now. And I get another Luke/Anakin saber. :{J

Reaction score

I picked up the Forcelink for both TFA and Solo mainly for 2 reasons...

1.) it reminded me of the old Comm-tech chips from the old TPM line back in 1999 and I kinda liked the tech at time and it had potential but also had room for improvement as well. when forcelink debuted it looked like Hasbro had figured out how to update the tech and make it easier to use instead of having to grab both the figure and the commtech chip.. while it's a neat concept I still prefer accessories and diorama display stands (see Saga AOTC for ideas) as well as more articulation in my figures.

2.) I picked up the SOLO Forcelink for the Solo figure (main reason really) and to hear the new dialogue in the figures from the Solo line-up.

moving forward.... I think Hasbro should focus more on articulation, accessories, display bases/stands and character selection and abandon the technology of force link. return to a simpler time when the vehicles had electronic sounds that were battery operated, keep some of the battle damage ideas (the recent exploding TIE, Walker etc).

Reaction score
I actually dug the chip out of a Balla Tik and it looks nearly identical to the Comm Link ones. I'm glad they brought it back too. I think kids enjoy the sounds. At least my nieces do. :{J

Reaction score
I got this the other day and I really like the Wampa. But the box pissed me off. It was more than half empty. They should have just done us a solid and made the Wampa a TVC figure or made a new "Creature pack" for it. The box could have had a neat Muftak styled diorama for the amount of cardboard the box wastes.
Yeah, definitely agree that this utilized oversized packaging. But it was done that way so that it could be released in an existing price point. As they don't currently have a 2-pk line packaging large enough for the Wampa. IMO, for that price point, there should have been a cave piece diorama.

But honestly, most people just wanted the new Wampa. So cost was certainly a factor.

Reaction score
Remember how the EU POTF2 figures had that fold out "diorama" on the back of the card? I really think Habsro needs to do that with figures like the Wampa Luke 2 pack that have that much empty box space. The box itself could have been apart of the dio too.

I still think that the Wampa could have just been a Black Series figure by itself. Just give it the tauntaun leg to eat. Kind of like how they did the Hermi Oodle figure. And they're basically the same size and weight. Hermie is more complicated too. :{

Reaction score
I agree 100% that the Wampa could have come on a large card or at least a smaller box. However, I also believe that, as has been said, Hasbro wanted to include this in the assortment with similar-sized boxes, so maybe this is the only way it could be released?! In any case, glad this came out - and the box art is stellar. Great figure, and the best 3.75" version of the Wampa so far.

To all those who like the Force Link 2.0 feature, glad that some are enjoying this. However, I find this an unnecessary rip-off & just another way for Hasbro to gouge collectors. I.e., by including this with the figures/vehicles, it seems obvious that it's increasing the price-point on at least the vehicles. And, it's also forcing those who want to utilize this to buy something else they wouldn't normally be getting, i.e. the reader that you need to make the figures talk/vehicles beep (or whatever they do), etc. I will never buy the Forcelink 2.0 reader, even if I see if on sale.

To those who are defending this technology, again, if you like it that's fine. But some of you have even admitted that the functionality doesn't work as well as it could/should.

That all being said, this is admittedly far superior to the awful Comm-tech chip technology back in 1999 - what cheap garbage that was. Of course, in that case it didn't even use the voices from the films & sounded like crap anyway.

Reaction score
I actually dug the chip out of a Balla Tik and it looks nearly identical to the Comm Link ones. I'm glad they brought it back too. I think kids enjoy the sounds. At least my nieces do. :{J
Very curious what it actually looks like and how small it is. You should post a pic of it, they fit one inside of the Vandor playset Conveyex tracks, so it must be tiny.

Reaction score
I agree 100% that the Wampa could have come on a large card or at least a smaller box. However, I also believe that, as has been said, Hasbro wanted to include this in the assortment with similar-sized boxes, so maybe this is the only way it could be released?! In any case, glad this came out - and the box art is stellar. Great figure, and the best 3.75" version of the Wampa so far.

To all those who like the Force Link 2.0 feature, glad that some are enjoying this. However, I find this an unnecessary rip-off & just another way for Hasbro to gouge collectors. I.e., by including this with the figures/vehicles, it seems obvious that it's increasing the price-point on at least the vehicles. And, it's also forcing those who want to utilize this to buy something else they wouldn't normally be getting, i.e. the reader that you need to make the figures talk/vehicles beep (or whatever they do), etc. I will never buy the Forcelink 2.0 reader, even if I see if on sale.

To those who are defending this technology, again, if you like it that's fine. But some of you have even admitted that the functionality doesn't work as well as it could/should.

That all being said, this is admittedly far superior to the awful Comm-tech chip technology back in 1999 - what cheap garbage that was. Of course, in that case it didn't even use the voices from the films & sounded like crap anyway.
I think CommTech was cool for its day, even if it didn't utilize the actual actor's voices (which would have been far superior), but although I certainly don't "need" ForceLink, Farce Link, Force Lunk, whatever you want to call it, it's fun enough. I think kids actually do and would appreciate this kind of thing. My 5th grade self would have dug this being integrated into my figures. I have to admit, when it first came out and before I even saw TLJ, I was buying a few of the figures, namely Luke, so I could hear his lines of dialogue before the movie ever came out. Hasbro was smart, I'm sure there were others like me looking for a spoiler or two and out to get a better idea of the interpretation of the character. Little did I know how dirty they were gonna do Luke! Totally fine if people don't like it, but it's not as if its some gaudy feature like a Nerf bullet coming out of a Starship. This is well-hidden and imperceptible and actually fun to mess around with. The only problem is that you can't activate the lines of dialogue in any particular order or control the sound effects much. Would be fun to see two kids with two Force Links having a lightsaber fight and see how effective it is.

Also, there are some headscratchers with regards to dialogue. Hoth Luke with the Wampa says all lines of Dagobah Luke and also one or two from Bespin Luke. Makes me think we'll be seeing both those figures in the Force Link line and they accidentally put the wrong chip in.

Reaction score
Very curious what it actually looks like and how small it is. You should post a pic of it, they fit one inside of the Vandor playset Conveyex tracks, so it must be tiny.
You can see it inside the holo Maz figure

Reaction score
Also, there are some headscratchers with regards to dialogue. Hoth Luke with the Wampa says all lines of Dagobah Luke and also one or two from Bespin Luke. Makes me think we'll be seeing both those figures in the Force Link line and they accidentally put the wrong chip in.
Sounds sloppy. Why would I want a figure that says lines that don't even correspond to the scene relevant to the outfit the character is wearing?!

Reaction score
If you have one of the commtech chips it's the same size as that just slightly different board. Has the same black dot (heat shield?). That's for the figures though. The Vandor set might be a different style. I'll try to post a pic today. :{

Reaction score
Is the Wampa commonly found on shelves in the US at the moment?

Am going to be in the US in 2 weeks. Just need to know if Ill be able to pick it up when I am there, or if I will need to order it in advance?
thanks

Reaction score
Is the Wampa commonly found on shelves in the US at the moment?

Am going to be in the US in 2 weeks. Just need to know if Ill be able to pick it up when I am there, or if I will need to order it in advance?
thanks
It was in decent circulation at quite a few Wal-Marts, harder to find at Targets. That was around 2-3 weeks ago that I saw it hit hard. Hopefully you can nab one, but you may have to search a few stores.

Reaction score
Idpullthecurtain, check Walmart stores. I still see a Wampa here and there sitting with Enfys' speeder and Rathtars.

Reaction score
They have been more abundant here in the last few weeks

Reaction score
Reaction score
lol I like how the $34.98 is marked out, implying that $19.99 is a good sale price. When that' technically the MSRP anyways! :sneaky:

Reaction score
I saw one at Target yesterday for $9.98.
Nice! The Wampas didn't last long at Targets here, and the leftover Rathtars and Enfys Nest bikes have different prices even though they were clearanced by the same percentage.

Reaction score
I think it's frustrating that the Wampa actually has "dialogue" in a manner of speaking during ESB (true it's just grunts and roars) but at least it's something. Hasbro gave us Force link tech for both the Royal Guards and Praetorian guards and all they do is make cloak sweeping sounds... not very original.
Seriously? Cloak sweeping sounds? That's kind of brilliant.

Reaction score
Thusfar I have only seen the Wampa twice-- I hardly ever saw the Vader/Probe Droid set last time around, and had a feeling this would be more of the same, so I jumped on the Wampa on my first sighting. I'm glad it's starting to show up some more out there-- it's a really nice set!

Reaction score
No.

But it occurred to me that Hasbro could have put a chip in the new Jabba that came with the Barge, instead of placing electronics in it.
Sometimes i just don't understand...

I'm surprised at how limited this set was, only seen it once locally. Didn't even seem to stay in stock online.
Maybe Hasbro Pulse can liquidate any remaining stock stored in a backroom.

Reaction score
I actually found a Luke w/ Wampa set at a Fry's Marketplace (Kroger store) in Arizona last week for $12.50. This is a larger Kroger store, that has lots of small appliances, clothes and full toy section like Wal-Mart. They had several Rathar sets, but my son's already got that one. It's the first time that I've seen it in the wild. I went there in search of a Vader 2.0 Force Link, since that's the one he really wants and it's just not really available anywhere.

So, it might be worth it to check you local Kroger chains.

Reaction score
I confirmed with mine. It has an ongoing growly breathing noice and will roar when the device is tapped.
No kidding, that's awesome. Mine tells me I have to update it. I'll have to reinstall the software on the device again. We all know there's going to be yet ANOTHER Force Link 3.0 with Ep 9.

Reaction score
No kidding, that's awesome. Mine tells me I have to update it. I'll have to reinstall the software on the device again. We all know there's going to be yet ANOTHER Force Link 3.0 with Ep 9.
I did the update on mine, it was a pain and it took forever. It did give me incentive to at least try any of the stuff I buy with it though. Hopefully they get it right, I think there is potential with Force Link, but they seriously botched 2.0 release with the app not being available. Just put a USB port on the thing!