Luke with Wampa

GNT

Reaction score
They should put this and the Probe Droid on Vintage collection cardbacks similar to the 6" 40th Anniversary series.
Interesting idea but I'd probably pass since I have this version and wouldn't want to purchase it again but yeah for 40th Anniversary it would make sense to release it.

Reaction score
It would be awesome to get both in smaller black Vintage boxes, just like they were presented in the Kenner days. Easy buy.

Reaction score
It would be awesome to get both in smaller black Vintage boxes, just like they were presented in the Kenner days. Easy buy.
I'd take a (maybe several?) Turret / Probot if they were boxed in with that Hoth Turret from a few years back to really do the vintage version.

(And I might bite on a Wampa if it came with Luke again, because in checking to see if his scarf rotates I got it to spin once all the way around, then it broke off completely the next time I tried to turn it.)

Reaction score
Thanks guys, confirming my fears. Yet Hasbro NEVER said anything about this being a Target exclusive? I can't believe I'm still finding Rathtars and no Wampas.
Just this evening I was at my local Target. They have completed their reset of the toy aisles, and there was a Luke/Wampa set along with 2 Rathar sets on the pegs. It wasn't there last week.

Reaction score
On the side, I wouldn't mind getting another Hoth turret and Probot as a TVC issue. I'd be OK with the turret standing on its own (since they're separate events in the movie), but the Probot could have its own ice-base with a clear stand for posing and two opposing ridges to simulate Han and Chewie's 'ambush'.

Reaction score
Just this evening I was at my local Target. They have completed their reset of the toy aisles, and there was a Luke/Wampa set along with 2 Rathar sets on the pegs. It wasn't there last week.
That is really good to know, I may just hold out and check Target again.

If folks are still looking for this guy, he's now in-stock at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Force-Skywalker-Figure/dp/B0721JXX4P
Thanks for this! Awesome to know there is a way to get it, I may try my luck with Target first since it says these will be in stock on Aug. 25 (Amazon)

Reaction score
They should put this and the Probe Droid on Vintage collection cardbacks similar to the 6" 40th Anniversary series.
I actually am glad the Wampa didn't come out in a TVC cardback, for a couple of reasons:

1) TVC toys are always more expensive than toys in the regular movie line(s), presumably because of the packaging. So, I believe that if this had been in TVC packaging the toy would have probably been $10 more (at least) than what it cost in the regular TLJ packaging.

2) TVC toys have historically been a lot harder to find than SW toys in the regular movie lines, since they're considered more "collectible" because of the packaging. And, this Wampa was hard for me to locate to begin with - I've only seen one @ retail a couple of months ago, and never seen this in stores since. So, if this had been in TVC packaging I doubt I would EVER have been able to track this down!

So, I'm glad the Wampa came out in TLJ packaging. Sure, the logo was off (since it was of a film that had no connection to the Wampa or ESB), but the drawing of the Wampa was cool - and I myself am an opener, anyway - so I recycled the packaging anyway.

Reaction score
Similar to the Kmart Ewoks? I'd go for that. Speaking of that, I think it's time for a new set of Ewoks! :grin:

Reaction score
Similar to the Kmart Ewoks? I'd go for that. Speaking of that, I think it's time for a new set of Ewoks! :grin:
Yeah exactly! I really miss those K-Mart exclusives, I felt they had the best and then Target's. We got the Ewok sets, the Catapult, the B-Wing with awesome new deco, the Imperial Scanning Crew and a few other classics at K-Mart in TVC. I'd love to see them do that with the beasts again, I know they did the TaunTaun at Target that way, but was overpriced.

Reaction score
Not everyone liked the K-mart exclusives. I didn't - not because I didn't like the toys - but because when they hit in the 200X's the few K-marts in my area had closed - so I completely missed out on these.

That being said, these were great sets (based on the pics. I've seen), especially the Ewok Catapult, the Imperial Scanning crew, etc.

I hope these get re-packaged & re-released in some capacity, but somehow doubt this will happen.

Reaction score
Not everyone liked the K-mart exclusives. I didn't - not because I didn't like the toys - but because when they hit in the 200X's the few K-marts in my area had closed - so I completely missed out on these.

That being said, these were great sets (based on the pics. I've seen), especially the Ewok Catapult, the Imperial Scanning crew, etc.

I hope these get re-packaged & re-released in some capacity, but somehow doubt this will happen.
That sucks, I assumed everyone K-Mart's were still open back then. It was only a year or two ago that ours finally closed with the closing of the many across the US. I found every single exclusive there, go figure (looking at your Wal-Mart!)

Reaction score
*** for tat really. Some of us don't have Target or Walmart, so those Exclusives suck as well. And even if you have one of those older smaller Walmarts, they never seem to stock said Exclusives...

Anytime "Exclusive" is attached, we can expect some hurdles.

Reaction score
*** for tat really. Some of us don't have Target or Walmart, so those Exclusives suck as well. And even if you have one of those older smaller Walmarts, they never seem to stock said Exclusives...

Anytime "Exclusive" is attached, we can expect some hurdles.
Agreed. I've had a tough - and at times impossible - time finding several of the Wal-mart & Target exclusives over the years, and I live in an area that has several of each store not far from me.

Reaction score
Bit the bullet and bought this set on Amazon for $19.99. Qualified for free shipping with another figure added in, not the worst price for a fully-articulated Wampa and decent Skywalker sculpt. I might swap his head for the Vintage one we got.

Reaction score
Good to hear about the Wampa w/Luke set restocks - I hope everyone who wants this set can find it @ retail price.

This has been one of the most difficult SW sets to find in a while; I only saw one once back in May of this year, @ a Target I don't usually go to. I immediately got it, but haven't seen it @ retail since. Not surprising, since this is a stellar set. The Wampa is amazing (the best in the 3.75" line so far), and the Luke is solid as well - for a 5POA figure, that is.

Reaction score
Finally found one of these at WM today. Almost missed it because it was behind some rathtars.

Reaction score
Lo and behold, I checked a Wal-Mart I never hit up in Trexlertown PA and found this set. Unreal, 2 days after I Amazon'd it. I'd always rather buy retail. Also saw the brand new VC Tie Fighter too. That was a surprise, but too expensive to start. I passed.

Reaction score
Crazy that ours in the Northeast are just finally stocking them.
I was under the impression that the Wampa/Luke was a Target exclusive at 1st as that's the only store I ever saw them in. the TRU's by me were never stocked with a lot of the SOLO merchandise due to the stores closing this year and the Walmart's by me were hit or miss. But the 3 Targets by me had this is stock for almost 4 months after they were released.

Reaction score
Only one I've seen was at Wal-Mart. Still seems to be the best place for getting the later waves. Target always is good AT FIRST, then they continually suck to get replenishment.

I will say, this Wampa is SO impressive. It's totally worth the $20. I'd have bought it standalone for $20 in a Vintage box too, but man, that 5POA Luke sculpt is actually incredibly detailed and well painted. I'm impressed, I hate that it's 5POA, but his head can be easily swapped with the TVC Hoth Luke. I can't wait to try that. The scarf rotates very well. I also like the the blaster and lightsaber are very hard plastic again, not that flimsy crap Hasbro has been using. All good signs. Wampa's articulation is just plain fun!

Reaction score
I picked up my Wampa and Han Speeder from K-Mart, the only store in the area to get either of them. Never found them at Target or WM.

Reaction score
I got mine back when these first hit around April but I finally saw one at retail this weekend. Walmart...

Reaction score
These are starting to show up in decent quantity at WM. I have seen it come in at 4 stores in the past week. It is like someone let the SW toy flood gates open at WM (which still isnt really a lot).

Reaction score
Found one for $5 at an out-of-town Walmart during a business trip, the week they finished their action figure reset. B)

Reaction score
Passed when the line debuted as i didn’t expect it to be hard to find.. Finally saw it again for the first time at a walmart and picked it up today.

Reaction score
Question for you guys, has anyone gotten the Wampa to make any noise on a Force Link? All my new Force Link figures are working now that I did that annoying update, but the Wampa still says it needs a firmware update. It's the only figure I own that does it, but I admit, I barely have any 5POA to try it out with. Could be like that with some newer figures. I also didn't see the Wampa in the app. Seems really stupid it's advertised as Force Link and has it in the figure, but doesn't work? Maybe it's just mine...

Reaction score
Question for you guys, has anyone gotten the Wampa to make any noise on a Force Link? All my new Force Link figures are working now that I did that annoying update, but the Wampa still says it needs a firmware update. It's the only figure I own that does it, but I admit, I barely have any 5POA to try it out with. Could be like that with some newer figures. I also didn't see the Wampa in the app. Seems really stupid it's advertised as Force Link and has it in the figure, but doesn't work? Maybe it's just mine...
mine doesn't work as well.

Reaction score
Yeah from what I found online in videos, same story. There is even a Force Link logo on the bottom of the Wampa foot, someone has to call Hasbro out for this the next time they show up at a Con or do a panel. Half the reason I bought this set was for the sounds, as advertised.

Reaction score
Yeah from what I found online in videos, same story. There is even a Force Link logo on the bottom of the Wampa foot, someone has to call Hasbro out for this the next time they show up at a Con or do a panel. Half the reason I bought this set was for the sounds, as advertised.
I think it's frustrating that the Wampa actually has "dialogue" in a manner of speaking during ESB (true it's just grunts and roars) but at least it's something. Hasbro gave us Force link tech for both the Royal Guards and Praetorian guards and all they do is make cloak sweeping sounds... not very original.

Reaction score
I get the "Firmware Update Required" when I use the Force Link 2.0 on the Wampa. Same for the Resistance A-Wing and that Pilot.