Luke with Wampa

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing a new Luke with Wampa most likely in the TLJ packaging.

Any thoughts on this set?

Reaction score
Pretty keen. Especially if there is a tauntaun to follow.

Reaction score
Well, I've been wanting a new Wampa for some time. Sadly it's in the wrong line..

Reaction score
looks pretty good. The hoth wave is gonna make a lot of money off me.

Reaction score
The wampa looks pretty good but I already have the Saga one which I love. Tough call. Is that Luke the same as the MS Luke sculpt? I can't tell....legs look slightly different.

I know it's not SA but I still prefer the MS sculpt over TVC sculpt. For starters he's the correct height.

Reaction score
Wampa: "Hey look at me, I'm a couple of inches taller than the rest of you and I get super articulation treatment!"

jim

Reaction score
I'm not convinced the extractable arm, but I'll buy it for sure. It will be perfect next to my luke and tauntaun of TVC

Reaction score
Unless the pin connecting the elbow to the bicep is easily pulled away (not really the same thing though). I don't know, Disney might have this ethic with dismemberment nowadays.

Reaction score
Looks great! I wish it was packed separately from 5poa Luke though. Donate after opening.

No no disrespect to the sculptor, I'm just not into 5poa when there are better options.

Reaction score
Anyone know what the price point will be on this. Seems to be inbetween the standard 2-packs and the creature pack (Rathtar)

Reaction score
Anyone know what the price point will be on this. Seems to be inbetween the standard 2-packs and the creature pack (Rathtar)
There's the possibility that it can be packaged in the same sized box as the Rathtar. It just needs to be packed sideways.

Reaction score
Wampa is the only buy of the show. Surprised they didn't hold for vintage packaging for it. The little stick man will be thrown in the trash though

Reaction score
Looks great! I wish it was packed separately from 5poa Luke though. Donate after opening.

No no disrespect to the sculptor, I'm just not into 5poa when there are better options.
But I'm just betting there's going to be a 5POA Tautaun in the works, complete with figure hatch and fake legs on saddle, Hasbro-style!

Reaction score
It's a scaled down version of TBS 6" Wampa, fully articulated
Great news! I stumbled upon a pic of it later, and it does look good. I'm glad they went this route, seems a nice blending of the two lines.
Hope they can keep this trend for other figures :whistling: Krell :whistling:

Reaction score
The Wampa looks great, but they just released a 5 POA HOTH Luke a few years ago - not happy about that choice. I would have preferred a random Hoth Rebel over Luke at this point.

Reaction score
Wampa is the only buy of the show. Surprised they didn't hold for vintage packaging for it. The little stick man will be thrown in the trash though
When I first heard there was a new Wampa yesterday, I immedately thought it must be TVC. How awesome would that have been in a Kenner box. Oh well, missed opportunity for Hasbro there. But I'll still get one, I hadn't gotten the last Wampa and had been holding out hoping they would give it a proper update.

Reaction score
When I first heard there was a new Wampa yesterday, I immedately thought it must be TVC. How awesome would that have been in a Kenner box. Oh well, missed opportunity for Hasbro there.
Or not, you know how thy like repacks. This figure has the ability to be in some multipack with some Hoth Rebels, I'm thinking Echo Base deleted scene. lol
Honestly, this guy screams cave dio. If Hasbro did that sort of thing.

While I think some other fogure that Luke would ahe been more appealing. You have to remember that he was the only one that had an interaction with a Wampa.

Reaction score
this isn't a priority for me, since the previous Wampa is still great. But I am happy with an update. I will probably get it. They should have done a Luke variant instead of the same Hoth Luke figure. That is a missed opportunity and there are a couple of cool choices they could have gone with.

Reaction score
Or not, you know how thy like repacks. This figure has the ability to be in some multipack with some Hoth Rebels, I'm thinking Echo Base deleted scene. lol
Honestly, this guy screams cave dio. If Hasbro did that sort of thing.

While I think some other fogure that Luke would ahe been more appealing. You have to remember that he was the only one that had an interaction with a Wampa.
Hey your right they could go with the deleted scene, include that poor Snowtrooper that had an interaction with a Wampa. A three pack with Wampa, Snowtrooper and C-3PO with torn warning sign accessory lol.

Reaction score
I'll probably get this but the last Wampa was pretty good (and I have no desire for that awful Luke), so it's a maybe at this point.

Reaction score
I don't see characters in deleted scenes marketed for this line frankly unless there is some kind of labeling similarly done to the vintage collection Blu-ray deleted scene figures to denote it. OTOH, since the latter is targeted for a different market, an SA snowtrooper, Hoth trooper and/or Threepio would be OK.

Reaction score
It wouldn't have to be marketed as a Deleted scene, it would only be a nod to those in the know. The average consumer would just see Wampa, Snowtrooper etc.
Which would likely sell regardless.

The one I'm most interested in is the cave w/scarred Luke. Hasbro did the "accessory" version for SAGA Luke and Wampa, but that was kind of lacking. I think the cave cut in half with Luke hanging would be cool! I know that Cinema Scenes and themes Multipacks are over with so it would never happen.

Upon further inspection, i wish they would have given him wrists. It seems missing since he's got knees and anles elbows. And only standard shoulders. I imagine because the arm falls off.

Reaction score
loving the look of the Wampa. I still have both the original Kenner version as well as the 90's version and the Saga Deluxe version too but this one looks too good to pass up.. plus Luke looks to be a decent upgrade from the original 5POA version.

Reaction score
This is a pleasant surprise and looks every bit as nice as the 6" one. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
what is it with Hasbro making this figure without the scarf? They have done this once before. Also it looks like he has the battle damaged face again (I think). It would have been nice to do the neutral version this time.

Reaction score
I'm almost beginning to think the Wampa and Probot were supposed to come out during the time the Mission Series packs were in full gear. The Saga Legends started out with figures with Class II vehicles to compliment which I think was the plan, but then suddenly the vehicle issuing just stopped. A neutral Luke would have been OK for the Mission Series, but the Mission Series Hoth Luke/Han just got me thinking about this.

Reaction score
I don't think so because this Wampa and Probe Droid are much higher quality than the toys that we're being put out at that time.

Reaction score
Ok...I suppose it's promising in the sense they could see another release in TVC packaging. I could certainly use another Hoth turret. :D

Reaction score
They were however likely part of an SA subset that never materialized. Then were dusted off for these hybrid sets.

Reaction score
Man that set was neat! But I limited myself to just one. For starters it was a spendy set and I don't have space for a full on Hoth dio.

Reaction score
So is this one of the sets that are supposed to be available on Force Friday?
It seems like it should be, since it was shown with all of the other stuff, but it's odd that no one has seen it put out early with the other stuff.