Luke vs Vader (in development)

Reaction score
Looks really nice! Quick question, what are the rough dimensions of this piece?

Also does anybody on this forum know if Sideshow is going to continue making these diorama pieces? Seems like there haven't been any new reveals in a really long time.

Reaction score
I hope this line isn't dead. But with SS branching out with the the mythos brand , it may very well be.

Reaction score
Here is mine displayed, with the 8" (19cm) Art FX Vader in the foreground.

I have it on the top of one of my Ikea Detolfs, and it pretty much takes up the entire surface area, so it's a pretty big footprint. It's not
that tall, just very a very broad base.
I think it's a great piece overall. I'm not 100% blown away with the Vader, but the Luke sculpt and details are the best I've ever seen.
(well, good enough it's the only non-Vader piece you'll ever see on display in my room ;))

Bill

Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison pic Bill! I'm guessing it's about 15 - 15 1/2 inches to the top of the "tower".....am i right?

Last edited:
Reaction score
With the Rebelscum Photo Archives version's Vader his helmet seem to be sitting too high on his head, making him look worried. Are are production pieces like that?

Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison pic Bill! I'm guessing it's about 15 - 15 1/2 inches to the top of the "tower".....am i right?
No problem !! Very good guess ;) LOL - Dead on actually - (15.25"/39.5cm) The base is just very big. As you can see from the pic, the
top of the Detolf is roughly 16.5"x14" (42cm x 35.5cm) and it pretty much takes up the whole thing. I have mine oriented at a 45 degree
angle.

With the Rebelscum Photo Archives version's Vader his helmet seem to be sitting too high on his head, making him look worried. Are are production pieces like that?
Yes, it's set a little higher - and that is probably my only complaint about the Vader sculpt. It looks more like it's just sitting slightly back than usual, but from different angles, it looks normal.
Otherwise it's awesome, the details and the pose are amazing. I've been collecting so long that you get tired of seeing the same sort of thing over and over again - this certainly isn't.
The upper torso/twisting "ready to strike" pose I think it captured perfectly. (which is why I ended up positioning it as I have on display, I wanted to take advantage of that) So many
pieces are static, or just don't have any life in them. This piece is just incredibly dynamic in real life.

Bill

~ definitely wanted to thank DarthTad for the heads up on the "construction set" element before I opened the box. It's not that difficult to figure out, or put together, but the hand
rail supports are made from aluminum, and everything else is resin. (all of which needs to be fitted piece by piece as you can see from the RS pics) Not a big deal, just take your time
and don't force anything.

Last edited:

D. Martin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Had some fun with Photoshop. This image features my very first rotoscope Lightsabers :)

Reaction score
Colours on the sabers came out really nice and crisp. Like the blurred gantry background, too. Still trying to think how I could get that design printed on a transparency and then onto some kind of lightboard (without looking cheap or washed-out). Think it would make a great background in a display with the new Bespin Luke and upcoming Vader. Anyway, looks good, D.!

Reaction score
This looks like it really came out brilliantly, thanks for the in-hand pics guys. :) I hope to get mine at some point, the seller I pre-ordered from has been telling me "The beginning of next month" since May. :(

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm really enjoying this one. As for the height it's 40cm from the bottom on the base to the tip of the tower behind Luke.

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys are aware of this or not, but in any case, www.actionfigurexpress.com is having a sale until September 2nd with many already discounted items. If your purchase totals $75.00 or more ( in stock items ), you get an additional 10% OFF and FREE U.S. Shipping. Discounts are applied at checkout after your order is validated.

I just ordered this superb " I'm your Father" diorama for $277.85 shipped after the discount was applied, which is the cheapest I've seen this set go so far. If you are looking for a good deal, this saves you more than $50.00 over its regular retail price of $324.00 and the shipping rates retailers usually charge you.

Reaction score
I would normally pass on something like this because of the human character, they usually don't look right to me..., this recreation of Luke looks very realistic though so it's something else for my want list. :)

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys are aware of this or not, but in any case, www.actionfigurexpress.com is having a sale until September 2nd with many already discounted items. If your purchase totals $75.00 or more ( in stock items ), you get an additional 10% OFF and FREE U.S. Shipping. Discounts are applied at checkout after your order is validated.

I just ordered this superb " I'm your Father" diorama for $277.85 shipped after the discount was applied, which is the cheapest I've seen this set go so far. If you are looking for a good deal, this saves you more than $50.00 over its regular retail price of $324.00 and the shipping rates retailers usually charge you.
Congrats that is a great deal on a fantastic piece. :)

Reaction score
Congrats that is a great deal on a fantastic piece. :)
Thanks, Jang0. I can hardly wait to receive this. I must say my purchase was motivated by several factors: Seeing all your SSC dios, reading all the positive feedback about the set, loving its design and classic moment it represents. I just jumped at the opportunity of the lower price the minute I saw it :)

Reaction score
Thanks, Jang0. I can hardly wait to receive this. I must say my purchase was motivated by several factors: Seeing all your SSC dios, reading all the positive feedback about the set, loving its design and classic moment it represents. I just jumped at the opportunity of the lower price the minute I saw it :)
I think you have picked a great place to start with the dios, let me know how you go fixing it up as it's a little more fiddly to construct than most. I was supposed to get this in May but the person who sold me a pre order never came through and so here I am almost in September and I still haven't gotten it. :\

Reaction score
Mine finally came today, I almost tore my hair out setting it up, so fiddly! I actually broke the corner off one of the banisters and I will try to glue it later, but for now where I have it displayed you can't see it's missing, so I'll just say Vader damaged it mid duel. :D

Reaction score
Here is mine displayed, with the 8" (19cm) Art FX Vader in the foreground.

I have it on the top of one of my Ikea Detolfs, and it pretty much takes up the entire surface area, so it's a pretty big footprint. It's not
that tall, just very a very broad base.
I think it's a great piece overall. I'm not 100% blown away with the Vader, but the Luke sculpt and details are the best I've ever seen.
(well, good enough it's the only non-Vader piece you'll ever see on display in my room ;))

Bill
This is exactly my dilemma (About the Vader quality). I've look at several pics of this diorama and something bothers me about Vader. I do have the ArtFX, which is realy nice. But seeing it beside diorama tells me that the Bespin Vader is rather... small too (about 10 inches?). When I first saw the Vader diplomatic mission diorama ('Diplomatic Mission' Polystone Diorama - Sideshow Collectibles - SideshowCollectibles.com) I was totally thrilled! But I'm not having the same feeling about the Bespin version and I can't put the finger on what's wrong. Is it beause Vader is not the center piece compared to the diplimatic? Too small (but seems the same size as the diplomatic)? ...

Don't get me wrong! The piece seems really nice! But when I focus on Vader, something troubles me....

Reaction score
not sure about Luke's face... Enterbay or Hot Toys could have nailed this much better I guess..