Luke vs Vader (in development)

Reaction score
It's listed as 1/5 scale, does anyone know which other dios are also 1/5 scale? This may throw off my idea of swapping the Vader with the one from "Circle is Now Complete".

Reaction score
there is no way this wil be 1/5 scale, especially given the size of the environment. SS is really stretching the truth here, even with their "approx" qualifier. Attakus statues are 1/5 scale - not SS versus pieces.

Why don't they show us it next to a pf instead of that damn apple if they really want to give us an "accurate" represtentation of its size!?!

Reaction score
Forbidden Planet London has this listed at a pre order price of £270 (approx $432). They claim the RRP price is £350 (approx $560)

Can anyone from the UK/Europe advise me how it works with regards to ordering direct from SS?
Will i be liable for customs and taxes, or will i be excempt if it ships from the EU warehouse?

Thanks

Reaction score
jediknight49 said:
Forbidden Planet London has this listed at a pre order price of £270 (approx $432). They claim the RRP price is £350 (approx $560)

Can anyone from the UK/Europe advise me how it works with regards to ordering direct from SS?
Will i be liable for customs and taxes, or will i be excempt if it ships from the EU warehouse?

Thanks
my understanding is that SS got rid of the EU warehouse - everything ships from the US. But, they offer discounted shipping to non-US costumers and a $25 gift card.

You would however be responsible for all duties/taxes/brokerage fees.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Looks like i will have to wait and try to pick this up on discount once it arrives in the shops over here

Reaction score
I ordered it and put it on the flex payment plan. Too iconic a piece to pass on.

Reaction score
ambasah said:
there is no way this wil be 1/5 scale, especially given the size of the environment. SS is really stretching the truth here, even with their "approx" qualifier. Attakus statues are 1/5 scale - not SS versus pieces.

Why don't they show us it next to a pf instead of that damn apple if they really want to give us an "accurate" represtentation of its size!?!
Well, that wouldn't help someone who has never seen a pf in person, I guess. Most apples are around the same size.

I agree though...no way is this 1/5th scale. Not close.

Very nice likeness on Luke.

Reaction score
I'm really torn on this piece. Bespin Luke is my favorite character of the movies and it's such an iconic moment but the price tag .... I've gotta figure out a way to convince my wife! LOL!

Reaction score
Reaction score
ambasah said:

Hopefully, the scale could be verified promptly.
At 1/5, the apple placed on the diorama would be big

Reaction score
Has Sideshow scaled back with the exclusives? I didn't notice any with this piece, and quite a few others as of late.

Reaction score
LittleGreenGuy said:
Has Sideshow scaled back with the exclusives? I didn't notice any with this piece, and quite a few others as of late.
I think it helps with their distributors to not make an Ex with every item. Generally, if an item does not have an Ex, most people will try to get it elsewhere, like at BBTS, etc. This helps promote purchasing at those other vendors, which is something that I'm sure SSC is requested to do from time to time.

Reaction score
corellian2 said:
ambasah said:

Hopefully, the scale could be verified promptly.
At 1/5, the apple placed on the diorama would be big
Yeah that apple must be 5 inches tall if it's 1/5 scale =)

Actually the dios with Vader are usually about less than 1/6 -- the Vaders tend to be around 12" I'd say roughly 1/7, maybe cuz it's almost the same size as the Koto's - could be 1/8 -

Reaction score
The base environment is really awesome as well as the whole set. I may pick this one up but I still feel something is missing. If SSC made the Luke with his hand chopped off .. it's going to be another spectacular scene using the same base.

Basically, one base environment with 2 different-pose figures of Luke. I don't mind paying more for those extra additions.

Reaction score
This piece is really growing on me. If I could find one down the road for around $250...

Reaction score
blue_rogue said:
This piece is really growing on me. If I could find one down the road for around $250...
$300 at Razor's.

Looks like they got rid on the spaces on the railing:

This piece is SO COOL! Can't wait to have it in hand!

Reaction score
Wow that piece looks incredible... I haven't pre-ordered this one yet but I think that is going to change very soon. Thanks for the pic.

Reaction score
Still looks great, but I have to decide if I want to get back into Dios again...

I'm wondering if the 1/5 statues are going to be too much competition with the Dios, kind of like they were with LOTR.

Reaction score
Looks like 2nd Qtr 2012 now.

The Big Chap got pushed back to 1st Qtr!
I'm okay with waiting of this dio a couple more months. Just hope we get the Anakin/Tusken before X-Mas 2011!

Reaction score
Mine just arrived and I'm in the process of un-boxing and assembling it. There are quite a few parts that require assembly, so this will take a little while. I'm shooting photos as I go so the pics will follow later. #719 of 1000.

My first impression is WOW!! The finish and paint looks awesome, and it is packaged and protected very well, (unlike the Stormtrooper PF).

Reaction score
I got mine today.

It's pretty cool now that it's assembled, but I think they really could have executed it better. I counted 48 little pieces of rail and accessories to put together for this thing. And when trying to put in one of the vertical stair rails, I accidentally chipped mine. There was also a previously glued piece loose in the packaging, and a small paint chip near Luke's foot.

Again, I like it a lot more now that it's assembled, but when opening the box and unwrapping a kajilion little rail pieces, I was a little put off.

Sorry for the bad pics, and I threw in the Dr. Pepper for size reference.

BTW, sorry about the mess. We're in the middle of a remodel, so my house is kind of a cluster mess right now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
it looks wonderful!!

sorry to hear it's such a pain in the ***** to put together. I guess SS is tired of having to always replace damaged stuff, and instead of providing better packaging, they decided to chop their statues into tiny pieces. lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Luke vs Vader Diorama

Did we mention there is a lot of assembly involved in setting this piece up? (LOL):grin:

I really like this piece a lot, but setting it up is sort of like putting together a plastic model kit without glue. You kind of fit all of the pieces together and hope no one bumps it or it will collapse like a house of cards with the possibility of important small pieces getting lost in the process. I've resigned myself to the reality that once put together I will never be able to re-pack it back into its box, so I'm going to use glue on some of the pieces to assemble it to remove some of its inherent lack of stability and limit the potential of lost parts.

When I unpacked mine I also had a loose part from the base floating in the bag that was supposed to be attached. A small amount of glue took care of that easily. The only real flaw mine has is the peg on the bottom of Luke's foot does not seat completely down into its notch on the base. This is only visible when staring directly at his foot horizontally at the base level, I don't see it as a real distraction so I can live with it. Otherwise everything is perfect, (other than needing to glue parts to gain stability.)

Assembly instructions would have been nice also, but if you study all of the box photos and posted images here of it completed you should be able to sort it all out and get it assembled correctly with some time and effort.

Here are some quick snapshots of the un-boxing; the beauty shots of the assembled piece will follow later.