Luke vs Vader (in development)

Reaction score
This will be my first Dio and then the EP VI when that comes out.

Reaction score
I think a cool idea once SS does the ROTJ Dio, would be to try to mirrior this one as much as they can, to capture the moment when Luke drives Vader back right before he cuts Vader's hand off.

Reaction score
Joda76 said:
I'm in the same boat, this just may be my first Dio purchase...such an Epic Scene from my favorite of the films. And Jedi Luke vs. Vader from ROTJ would be hard to pass on as well.

What if this thing lights up? Oooohhh, Ahhhhh....that would be sweet. Can't wait to see the full reveal next week. Man I hope the timing on this thing works with my budget because I really want this.

Reaction score
Scoutrooper1138 said:
Joda76 said:
I'm in the same boat, this just may be my first Dio purchase...such an Epic Scene from my favorite of the films. And Jedi Luke vs. Vader from ROTJ would be hard to pass on as well.

What if this thing lights up? Oooohhh, Ahhhhh....that would be sweet. Can't wait to see the full reveal next week. Man I hope the timing on this thing works with my budget because I really want this.

Might be my first too...

Reaction score
Not quite sure what I was expecting, but it was not this. A bit disappointing thus far......

Reaction score
I'm not sure I like what I see in Luke so far, but hopefully more pictures will change my mind. I really want to pick up a dio depicting such an iconic OT scene, but the likeness really needs to be there.

Reaction score
not 100% perfect, but I like it. I hope they do a faux bronze version as well.

Reaction score
Really liking this piece and the pics look great. Was hoping for the price to be below $300, but of course it's higher. It's really going to come down to whether or not I can swallow the price when it's ready to ship.

Reaction score
Not bad at all. Some nice images of the dio.

I don't own any SS busts/statues ect, but this i would seriously consider getting. All depends on the price UK retailers want to "rip me off" for it i suppose.

Reaction score
no exclusive means I can order from an AD and get him for less $$.

I REALLY like the base/environment - well done Sideshow!

Vader looks good, but Luke could have been better. I doubt a faux bronze version will be made, but you never know...

Now bring on obiwan vs grievous!

Reaction score
I dunno...seems kind of blah to me. As I previously noted, I expected something much different.

Reaction score
Richie_Photo said:
With all that detail, I think its hardly just blah.
Key two words in my post - "to me".

I don't collect these dio pieces, but they come across feeling "Hasbro", again...to me.

I'd rather this Bespin Duel dio have been in the Carbon Freeze chamber with Vader atop the stairs looking down at Luke. There doesn't always have to be action poses. Another scene would have been Luke fending off the force tossed objects prior to the window being blown out.

Just my $.02

Reaction score
I hear ya, to be honest, I would have preferred indoors with a backdrop exclusive like the ben v. vader had. But I still like the statue as a whole.

Reaction score
That flimsy railing looks like it could snap-off just by staring harshly at it...lol.

Great amount of detail in the piece though.

Reaction score
Maybe this is a dumb idea, but it would be kinda cool if the Vader in this set could be swapped with the Vader from "The Circle is Now Complete" dio. Not that Vader's pose here is entirely accurate to the ANH duel, but it would add an extra dimension to the ANH piece. Or at least provide another display option.

Otherwise this is still not a bad dio.

Reaction score
Nice likeness on Luke.....thumbs up to SS for that. Leagues better than GG's effort. Sigh.

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
Nice likeness on Luke.....thumbs up to SS for that. Leagues better than GG's effort. Sigh.

HOLY S*&T!!!!!

You said something positive about SS!!!!!!

Reaction score
It looks really cool indeed, I like the nice details on the characters and the dio itself. Some parts seem very fragile though. Anyway I'll keep my $ for other things.

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
I'd rather this Bespin Duel dio have been in the Carbon Freeze chamber with Vader atop the stairs looking down at Luke.
that would have been my preference as well. The first moment vader and luke see each other. Make the stairs light up to really hit it out of the park.

Reaction score
lordquigon said:
DarthBeek said:

HOLY S*&T!!!!!

LOL!

One day Beek will become a SS believer. We just have to wait for the perfect piece. Almost had him on a couple of them.

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
lordquigon said:
DarthBeek said:

HOLY S*&T!!!!!

LOL!

One day Beek will become a SS believer. We just have to wait for the perfect piece. Almost had him on a couple of them.
I do own the Space Slug....

Reaction score
This will be my fifth SS dio and I really like this one, a lot!! I'll be ordering this one for sure.

I'll also would have liked to have seen the Freezing Chamber dio, maybe someday we will.

Edit: Had to correct my count of SS dio's I own. So far I have 'Look Sir Droids', Space Slug, Sabotage, and Tantive IV. I like them all; 'Look Sir Droids' was my first and contrary to some still one of my all time favorites of the diorama's. I'll be ordering this one as well when it goes up tonight.

Reaction score
theadeptjedi said:
DarthBeek said:
I do own the Space Slug....
I own "Look Sir, Droids" and have not really liked a SS dio since. This, however, I may need to get...
I own the "Look Sir, Droids" too and is one of my least favorite collectibles, because it is very Hasbro-ish. The Space Slug dio looks like a scenery from a bad XXX movie.
But other SS dios are nice, the Tantive 4 one is cool.

Reaction score
theropod said:
Sergiu said:
The Space Slug dio looks like a scenery from a bad XXX movie.
I think you must be watching the wrong adult films.
It's a sock and a rock.
Definitely not one of SS finest examples.

Got my dio pre-ordered. Unfortunately, mine won't be here next week.