Luke vs Vader (in development)

Reaction score
Monday, June 14th, 2010
Q.
Will you guys be making a Jedi Luke Vs Darth Vader Polystone Diorama from Return of the Jedi? I think that statue would be an instant top seller. It’s really a must!

Ultimately, it’s inevitable. We’re currently in development on the first father and son clash, outside of starfighters, in a city in the clouds…

Reaction score
I would love to see Vader on the stairs with a lighted display and Luke on the bottom...

Reaction score
I'd love to see this:

or something like this:

Sorry, I couldn't find any bigger pics. I love to room with the window, either that room or the freeze chamber would be great for a light-up feature. I just hope SS doesn't do the "I am your father" pose, it's WAY over-done!

Reaction score
Rodders said:
ESB or ROTJ? either one would be incredible.
ESB first according to SS but I wouldn't be surprised seeing a ROTJ soon after knowing their incredibly weird love affair with ROTJ which is the worst out of the 3 OTs...

Reaction score
without doubt, the absolute #1 must have dio for me. Sideshow, please make this a full diorama environment that lights up. I would love to capture the moment Luke first gazes up at Vader who is at the top of the stairs.

Reaction score
Sideshow often likes to do things different, and while I am all for the creative process of taking something we have seen a hundred times and abstracting it into a different vesrion, I really hope they keep this one simple. Luke, Vader in a screenshot pose with lightsabers - not some kind of wall plaque of Luke hanging above the Cloud City chasm minus one hand, while Daddy asks him to "join the club".
-theropod

Reaction score
I think Vader on teh floor with Luke's Saber at his throat would be a pretty decent Dio.

Looking forward to seeing some photos though.

Reaction score
For the ESB dio I could see any of the conflict working. From Luke striking first in the freeze chamber to the battle across the walkway - perhaps were Luke is knocked down.

For ROTJ, I think a good option would be where Vader blocks Luke's attack on the Emperor. You have Palpatine in his throne and then both sabers in contact.

Reaction score
spudmanski said:
For ROTJ, I think a good option would be where Vader blocks Luke's attack on the Emperor. You have Palpatine in his throne and then both sabers in contact.
That would be a cool esclusive.

Reaction score
spudmanski said:
I want that for the ROTJ duel too. But, I have a feeling if they did that one, only Luke and Vader would be sculpted, and the Emperor would be on a backdrop like they used for the Vader vs. Obi-Wan exclusive.

Reaction score
Since its hinting at ESB Vader v Luke Duel...

Which pose would you want???
1. Hi Dad.

2.Im your father?

3. Hand cut off

4. 'All to Easy'

Reaction score
Any ESB duel pose would do except, "I am your Father". It's just way over done. But, if that's the road they go down and it turns out nice, I will get it. I'd rather something different.

I really like this pose. But would rather have them on the gantry or in front of the window. Good idea for an exclusive, just like the Vader/Old Ben!

Reaction score
To be honest, i'd like to see the ESB Luke and Vader fight just before Vader cuts Luke's hand off. That would be a fantastic wall Dio IMO.

Reaction score
Rodders said:
To be honest, i'd like to see the ESB Luke and Vader fight just before Vader cuts Luke's hand off. That would be a fantastic wall Dio IMO.
my thoughts exactly

Reaction score
From Oct 27 Q&A

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Q: I’m a big Luke fan and so far you’ve made Star Wars Jedi ‘Versus’ Dioramas for all movies… except ‘Empire Strikes Back’ and ‘Return of the Jedi’. Will these be made soon? If so, hopefully they will be scenes of Luke and Vader battling each other toe-to-toe.

A: Absolutely – we’re nearing completion on our ESB diorama, featuring Vader and Luke on Bespin.

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the Vader vs Luke diorama from ESB. That could be my first ever diorama. Never gotten myself into dioramas due to the sheer number of other stuff that I am getting into. ESB is my favorite movie. A Vader vs Bespin Luke is a must!! Just hope the pose is kick a$$!!

Reaction score
The last dio I bought was the "Diplomatic Mission" when it first came out. I was out of this line entirely but this could bring me back. I will wait to see it before I make any final decisions though.

As for my input I would like to see Vader hitting Luke with the "wall" just before the window blows out! That would be frickin' sweet!!!

Reaction score
This dio and the Anakin/Tuskens are THE MOST eagerly awaited Star Wars (I can't wait for the 1/4th scale A L I E N either!
) pieces to be revealed for me! I just hope they don't all come out at the same time!

Reaction score
Luke v Vader on Bespin could be epic but I am concerned that it will not live up to our
expectations because much of the visual impact of the classic tableau on top of the
carbon freezing chamber comes from the lighting effects.

Reaction score
yodasan said:
Luke v Vader on Bespin could be epic but I am concerned that it will not live up to our
expectations because much of the visual impact of the classic tableau on top of the
carbon freezing chamber comes from the lighting effects.

You are right but SS could still do it and put some lights in the base for the same effect. "Sabotage" dio had lights. Why not this one?

Reaction score
Chaosorb said:
SS could still do it and put some lights in the base for the same effect. "Sabotage" dio had lights. Why not this one?
I have a feeling that's what is taking so long with this piece. The up-coming Yoda vs Darth Sidious dio also has a light up feature.

Reaction score
Over 10 months since this was hinted... I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait for this gem.

Reaction score
DarthBeek said:
SDCC is the single reason I'm getting a part time job again... sigh... being a full time student is more than enough...

Reaction score
Yes, some in-production pictures wouldn't go amiss. This is THE stand out scene from the trilogy.

Reaction score
I almost forgot about this one! Has anyone seen this yet, more info would be appreciated?

Reaction score
I'm SO GLAD SS didn't go with the "I am your father" pose! Over done!

This will be MINE!!!!!

Now if they just ship the Anakin/Tuskens dio, I'd only need one from Jedi.

Reaction score
Very nicely executed concept. I just hope they shorten Luke's neck alittle - seems too long.

Reaction score
THIS is exciting. First CVI announced, now this beauty. Looks like lots of gantry there too. Cant wait for the full reveal, love their dios!