Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter

Reaction score
For what it's worth, BB has knocked off $10 off the price today. Now at $89.

Reaction score
I am a member and couldn't find it two weeks ago either. Oh well.
Did you, by chance, be logged into your acct when you looked at the page? It should've automatically shown you the 25% off price for members. Unless it was offered by invitation only to random members, but I don't know why that's be the case.

Reaction score
I think the X-wing Red 3 that TRU had back in 2013. It’s a great representation of the original X-wing which I have a boxed version of. Though the pic was taken from the 1978 Toyfair catalog. Right down to the little diorama where Biggs is seen standing in the cockpit.
ECD28965-0768-4CC9-986F-09151D08B3DF.jpeg719ABD3E-7CC9-4392-B612-987D809C7E90.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone see this on a Black Friday deal by chance? Been waiting to get it for a reasonable price. So far the best Star Wars deal I've found was on Amazon - apply the $12 off coupon and get the Luke X-Wing Helmet for $66 with tax and free shipping. I pulled the trigger

Reaction score
I think the X-wing Red 3 that TRU had back in 2013. It’s a great representation of the original X-wing which I have a boxed version of. Though the pic was taken from the 1978 Toyfair catalog. Right down to the little diorama where Biggs is seen standing in the cockpit.
View attachment 339915View attachment 339916
I really hope they rerelease the Xwing, Tie Fighter, Millennium Falcon, and AT-AT with this packaging or even Retro.

Reaction score
I really hope they rerelease the Xwing, Tie Fighter, Millennium Falcon, and AT-AT with this packaging or even Retro.
Both the TIE and the X-Wing have are for sale with Vintage packaging as we speak. The TIE can still be found I'm sure at a few Wal-Marts and the Luke X-Wing is just far too overpriced, but it's in a TVC packaging.

Reaction score
I do like the Walmart Tie fighter. Seen it priced about $40 in Ebay. I just like the 2013 TRU packaging much more than the current Xwing

Reaction score
I do like the Walmart Tie fighter. Seen it priced about $40 in Ebay. I just like the 2013 TRU packaging much more than the current Xwing
Yeah I can see why you do - it's the perfect homage. But since that was meant as the Biggs version, I'm glad they changed up Luke's to make it a Yavin Hangar instead. And for $40, that's a solid price for a TIE that was once $79 - just be aware that the wing pop mechanism breaks often, even just sitting.

Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on this bad boy. If you Google it, you'll find a HasbroToyShop listing through Google Shopping where it is $84.99. But, take back one kadan as there is a 20% promo code that takes it down to $75 when you include tax. And it's free shipping as well. That's good enough for me. I wasn't going to wait too long like I did last time with Bigg's X-wing and completely miss my chance to get it. Now, I'm finally able to complete my 3.75" scale starfighter collection. :giggle:

Here's the link. You'll see the promo code that you can active when you are going through the checkout process.

Reaction score
Best deal I've seen so far on this one; the Poe X-Wing, which is newer, is already down to $60 on Amazon. Crazy that the repack is sustaining the higher price. That said, OT is king and always will be I'm sure. I'd love to have the Luke one, but still too rich for my blood.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best deal I've seen so far on this one, the Poe X-Wing, which is newer is already down to $60 on Amazon. Crazy that the repack is sustaining the higher price. That said, OT is king and always will be I'm sure. I'd love to have the Luke one, but still too rich for my blood.
As an owner of both models, I can honestly say the Poe version is far superior to the Luke X-Wing in terms of construction. As with the TIE fighter released the other year, this mould is too old and needs refreshing. The wings do not open up as wide as they should to form the X and they are very floppy when in attack position. Had they done a ground up rebuild and used the same mechanics as the ROS version, we would be talking a different story. Even if you aren't a fan of the sequel trilogy, I would highly recommend getting that ship as it is fantastic.

Reaction score
Best deal I've seen so far on this one, the Poe X-Wing, which is newer is already down to $60 on Amazon. Crazy that the repack is sustaining the higher price. That said, OT is king and always will be I'm sure. I'd love to have the Luke one, but still too rich for my blood.
No. Short sighted old/middle age man. Eventually the people who saw the ot as kids in the theater will die out and the people who grew up with the prequels will take over as the annoying old people who see the prequels the the greatest and demand companies should only make toys for the prequels. Then they will pass on and the sequel trilogy will take over.

Reaction score
No. Short sighted old/middle age man. Eventually the people who saw the ot as kids in the theater will die out and the people who grew up with the prequels will take over as the annoying old people who see the prequels the the greatest and demand companies should only make toys for the prequels. Then they will pass on and the sequel trilogy will take over.
Toy turnover is a natural part of life. Rejoice for the trilogies around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not; miss them do not.

Reaction score
As an owner of both models, I can honestly say the Poe version is far superior to the Luke X-Wing in terms of construction. As with the TIE fighter released the other year, this mould is too old and needs refreshing. The wings do not open up as wide as they should to form the X and they are very floppy when in attack position. Had they done a ground up rebuild and used the same mechanics as the ROS version, we would be talking a different story. Even if you aren't a fan of the sequel trilogy, I would highly recommend getting that ship as it is fantastic.
Oh I already bought it - too good of a price for that excellent molding and detail. I didn't think it was worth $100 though, which is why I waited. I'm bummed to hear with the Luke one that the X feature doesn't hold them tightly. You'd think they would have fixed that. I know a guy on here produced a 3D printed part to replace to make them go further in the X formation and also hold them more tightly. I hope I can find him once I get my hands on one. It sucks that we, as the consumers, have to take our ships apart and fabricate a new part because Hasbro can't improve what certainly amounts to a .10 cent piece of plastic. The rest of the ship is a great improvement over the Wedge X-Wing from Legacy though...

Reaction score
Save it - Star Wars is the one property that will continually be most recognized for its original media and content. If you can't come to grips with the fact that the OT sells better than any of the other films, you're just ignoring the truth. No one says the other films suck or don't deserve toys - but the OT remains the most popular because of the cultural phenomenon it was and still is. I can't think of any other piece of media that has garnered this much success in merchandise sales for 40+ years. And who says I'm old or middle-aged? Simply because I prefer the originals which contained the richest stories and the best acting? According to your social algorithm, I should be calling you ignorant little squirt, right? :geek:

Reaction score
So true. The OT will always be the Star Wars rock. It’s why they have yet to make a SW film without some direct line that goes from the original OT to the new SW films. Even the Mandalorian now has what in it? ( a baby Yoda! ) No surprise whatsoever.

Reaction score
Save it - Star Wars is the one property that will continually be most recognized for its original media and content. If you can't come to grips with the fact that the OT sells better than any of the other films, you're just ignoring the truth. No one says the other films suck or don't deserve toys - but the OT remains the most popular because of the cultural phenomenon it was and still is. I can't think of any other piece of media that has garnered this much success in merchandise sales for 40+ years. And who says I'm old or middle-aged? Simply because I prefer the originals which contained the richest stories and the best acting? According to your social algorithm, I should be calling you ignorant little squirt, right? :geek:
Spoken like the true short sighted old man who refused to believe time will March on and new people will replace the current old people eventually with their own point of view.

Reaction score
Oh I already bought it - too good of a price for that excellent molding and detail. I didn't think it was worth $100 though, which is why I waited. I'm bummed to hear with the Luke one that the X feature doesn't hold them tightly. You'd think they would have fixed that. I know a guy on here produced a 3D printed part to replace to make them go further in the X formation and also hold them more tightly. I hope I can find him once I get my hands on one. It sucks that we, as the consumers, have to take our ships apart and fabricate a new part because Hasbro can't improve what certainly amounts to a .10 cent piece of plastic. The rest of the ship is a great improvement over the Wedge X-Wing from Legacy though...
Oh it is and then some! If the wings held up better I'd be more happy with it but the deco is superb. Glad you are happy with the Poe X-Wing too! :)

Reaction score
Spoken like the true short sighted old man who refused to believe time will March on and new people will replace the current old people eventually with their own point of view.
Says the angry kid named after a forgettable character from a forgettable star wars game that flopped on launch. Here's to hoping Disney pretends that failed MMORPG never happened.

Looking forward to unboxing the x wing this weekend and working on a way to keep the wings deployed properly.

Reaction score
Says the angry kid named after a forgettable character from a forgettable star wars game that flopped on launch. Here's to hoping Disney pretends that failed MMORPG never happened.

Looking forward to unboxing the x wing this weekend and working on a way to keep the wings deployed properly.
You are so angry you can't even discuss the topic. You are desperately reaching for something else.

Reaction score

IIRC, there are various 3D printed solutions that people have come up with to upgrade the wing mechanism to get it to open better and not be so floppy. I may try to do something like that myself.

Reaction score
I ordered this from Toys"R"us for $111 CAD (regular $139 CAD). Still seems steep but hopefully I like it.
Dang! That's expensive, I thought I read somewhere that you guys in Canada had them on sale at TRU for like $79 or $75. Still, I can't imagine you won't be happy with such an awesome ship, with a brilliant new wash and battle-worn deco to boot. I'm glad they updated the paints a bit on this version.

Reaction score
Dang! That's expensive, I thought I read somewhere that you guys in Canada had them on sale at TRU for like $79 or $75. Still, I can't imagine you won't be happy with such an awesome ship, with a brilliant new wash and battle-worn deco to boot. I'm glad they updated the paints a bit on this version.
That was the AT-ST Raider at that price. Yeah, we get the shaft a little. Back in the PoTF II days though, we had to wait longer AND pay more!

Reaction score
Lord_Hurin is correct, it was the AT-ST Raider that was discounted to $75. I ordered it too. :)

Reaction score
IIRC, there are various 3D printed solutions that people have come up with to upgrade the wing mechanism to get it to open better and not be so floppy. I may try to do something like that myself.
Haven't had an X-wing since an early 80s model (the one with battle damage stickers) when I was a kid. This reminded me that after a few years of play had led to the wings not staying open on their own, I always kept a couple of quarters in the cockpit to prop them open. There were little slots in there that fit perfectly, at least in my mind's eye.

Reaction score

That Luke just looks SO good! Amazing seeing him in these shots with the proper company and ship. His head sculpt is leaps and bounds over Garven and certainly a bit nicer than Biggs. It is unequivocally Mark Hamill. I love it all the way down to the chin dimple - can't wait to finally get this X-Wing once it comes down in price. You're making want to bite the bullet man lol