Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter

Reaction score
Yeah, screw that. I've got enough OT X-Wings. There's nothing different enough to warrant me buying this. Show me something radically new or throw in some cool accessories and I'm in. Hell, show me something markedly improved and I'm in. But the 400th repaint of basically the same X-wing we've had since...what? 98? Nah, I'm good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What he said. Not interested in the cardboard.

At this point why the heck don't we have a blue squadron or a partisan repaint? So easy and yet seemingly..... so difficult...

Reaction score
At this point why the heck don't we have a blue squadron or a partisan repaint? So easy and yet seemingly..... so difficult...
said it before and i'll say it again...the TRU repaint of TIE striker should've been the mass release version, then TRU should've gotten either above X-wing repaints as their R1 excl even if Hasbro reused the smaller POTF2 x-wing mold-- the included fig could been repaint of a former x-wing pilot as Merrick or retool of released 2-tubes to be the 2nd 2-tubes sibling..heck wm or target could've been given the 2nd excl x-wing

Last edited:
Reaction score
I do not have any of the previous large X-Wings. I finally broke down and got this today. It's a bit more expensive than I would like, but considering I live in Canada, any savings from getting the older ones would be negated once shipping is factored in. Anyways, I can't even find any on Ebay that are cheaper than the new one right now.

Reaction score
I don’t have any of the previous Luke X-wings, so I’ll probably end up getting this. Hopefully at a slightly lesser price than $100. This isn’t available anywhere in the States yet, correct?

Reaction score
I do not have any of the previous large X-Wings. I finally broke down and got this today. It's a bit more expensive than I would like, but considering I live in Canada, any savings from getting the older ones would be negated once shipping is factored in. Anyways, I can't even find any on Ebay that are cheaper than the new one right now.
Hasbro is meeting a demand. The new X wing is stunning, albeit one or two reporting of warped parts. I would get it if I could.

Yes, Rey in the cockpit would be nice too.

Reaction score
I don’t have any of the previous Luke X-wings, so I’ll probably end up getting this. Hopefully at a slightly lesser price than $100. This isn’t available anywhere in the States yet, correct?
not that I know of. I have seen Poe’s X-Wing at Barnes and Noble but mostly on line.

Reaction score
Yeah same for me in UK so this was a must have. I would love a RO Blue Leader at some point

Reaction score
Aside from a few toy shops at inflated prices, Luke's X wing is online only.

Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of the wings in attack position? I'd like to see how they compare to the Death Star Trench version. I own that one and the wings barely open.

Reaction score
I have 2 identical versions of the Death Star Trench Run version(I was planning to use one to customize/paint it into another color X-Wing...never got around to it lol, thus it’s still brand new, just no box). I’m keeping one of the because I have no need for this “new” repaint. Plus, the DSTR version deco is a hundred times better.
I was looking to sell the second one but I just thought of something. If there is anyone here who needs a Luke X-Wing and doesn’t want to drop a hundred bills on this new silly one, I’d be happy to trade my 2nd DSTR version for Wedge’s X-Wing, if anyone has one laying around. Please feel free to email me at any time, any day if interested(I also have other items I could throw in, feel free to look at my Trading Classifieds page). Thanks

Reaction score
I have 2 identical versions of the Death Star Trench Run version(I was planning to use one to customize/paint it into another color X-Wing...never got around to it lol, thus it’s still brand new, just no box). I’m keeping one of the because I have no need for this “new” repaint. Plus, the DSTR version deco is a hundred times better.
I was looking to sell the second one but I just thought of something. If there is anyone here who needs a Luke X-Wing and doesn’t want to drop a hundred bills on this new silly one, I’d be happy to trade my 2nd DSTR version for Wedge’s X-Wing, if anyone has one laying around. Please feel free to email me at any time, any day if interested(I also have other items I could throw in, feel free to look at my Trading Classifieds page). Thanks
This is a loving tribute. Well done.

Glad you are here to counter some of the nonsense.

Reaction score
With the new tooling done for the Trench Run, the Red 3 and now this repack, I would personally LOVE to see them revisit the Wedge ship with the updates. While they are all the same size and scale, Red 2 looks just a bit off when placed with the others. Especially the complete lack of any detail on the cockpit. No sticker, nothing. I wound up buying a set of repro stickers for the 1998 Luke F/X one just to add some detail to it.

Reaction score
If posible I'd love to see Hasbro put in extra stickers so people could "customize" the X-Wing into any X-Wing they wanted from ANH.

Reaction score
I do like this but space is an issue so I won't be upgrading from my POTF 2. I have The Barge, BMF Falcon, BAT-AT, AT-TE and MTT though so you can only have so much stuff right? :hmm: Also got two of the updated Skiff. I thought about selling some stuff to get this and make space but after reading on here that it's a little underwhelming I decided against it.

Reaction score
I do like this but space is an issue so I won't be upgrading from my POTF 2. I have The Barge, BMF Falcon, BAT-AT, AT-TE and MTT though so you can only have so much stuff right? :hmm: Also got two of the updated Skiff. I thought about selling some stuff to get this and make space but after reading on here that it's a little underwhelming I decided against it.
It's not underwhelming at all. Especially not in comparison to the potf2 X-Wing. I would swap the MTT out for it!

@misterskeezler on Instagram

bac

Reaction score
It's not underwhelming at all. Especially not in comparison to the potf2 X-Wing. I would swap the MTT out for it!

@misterskeezler on Instagram
Off-topic but a TVC quality MTT with proper TVC droids w/racks would be epic. Just saying.

bac

Reaction score
They already did a MTT minus the quality figures.
They did a crappy "for kids" MTT. A TVC-quality MTT would be like comparing the vintage skiff to the TVC skiff.

There are far better choices for large-scale TVC vehicles before redoing the MTT. I was only saying a TVC-quality MTT would be neat.

Reaction score
I think it's underwhelming compared to the Trench Run X-Wing, which is largely the same but now the consensus seems to be that the Trench Run is better painted than this one. That said, if you don't have a big X-Wing, this is one of the top ones to get. None of them compare to the POTF2 X-Wing.

Reaction score
Can anybody help me with where to find either or both of these?

I’m pretty sure I read this somewhere, but can’t remember where exactly. It was to hold open the S-Foils(X-Wings) from flopping down. There were 2 different types. Ones was a replacement piece for the little piece on the back that already comes with them which is used to put the open up the wings, and the other thing I recall was little pieces that went in between the wings in order to keep them open. Any help would be appreciated.thank you.

Reaction score
Can anybody help me with where to find either or both of these?

I’m pretty sure I read this somewhere, but can’t remember where exactly. It was to hold open the S-Foils(X-Wings) from flopping down. There were 2 different types. Ones was a replacement piece for the little piece on the back that already comes with them which is used to put the open up the wings, and the other thing I recall was little pieces that went in between the wings in order to keep them open. Any help would be appreciated.thank you.

This is the link for the replacement tab. It was posted earlier in the thread, but it's back a few pages.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/YDSCFJYZZ/x-wing-wing-deployment-bar-replacement?optionId=13022699&li=user-wishlist

It's pricey, especially if you have more than one ship to fix. Haven't ordered it yet myself, but I need to get at least one, and eventually two more.

Reaction score
They did a crappy "for kids" MTT. A TVC-quality MTT would be like comparing the vintage skiff to the TVC skiff.

There are far better choices for large-scale TVC vehicles before redoing the MTT. I was only saying a TVC-quality MTT would be neat.
That vehicle was anythin* but crappy. Far from. Watch Pixel Dan’s review.

Reaction score
Cancelled my preorder on Dorkside and placed an order through Best Buy. I should be getting it next Tuesday.

bac

Reaction score
I went to grab one at Best Buy with the $25 off and whoops, they're sold out.

Reaction score
Back in stock at Best Buy.

Still eligible for the 25% off one toy offer.

Reaction score
Mine came in yesterday. For me personally, I like this one over the Death Star Trench set. The weathering really adds to it. The wings on the DST set barely opened, on this one they definitely open further. I do like the red wing markings too and how they stand out. The DST set the markings seem more of a maroon color. Also on the DST version it seems the cockpit seems to have some sort of film on it, making it look foggy? Is that how its supposed to be, or can that be removed? On this one the cockpit is clear.

For me, any minor things I didn't like they improved upon with this X-wing, while keeping the other features. I still would have loved a Blue Leader X-wing though.

Reaction score
I can certainly see how the situation puts us(or at least me, in this case) in somewhat of an awkward predicament here; taking into consideration how we should be supporting Hasbro, in order to keep the TVC line going strong & all(especially supporting the more expensive releases) —and please take note, no one wants TVC to thrive more than I do— This is just a case where I can’t condone throwing good money at the bad. I’m sorry.
I got mine with a 25% off coupon. The last x wings i got were the dagobag moss ones... If you want to support maybe buy the Poe one that's super nice.

bac

Reaction score
And it's back out of stock at Best Buy. $75 with the coupon applied seems like a price most folks were willing to bite at. I'm one of them.

Reaction score
I got mine in as well. Great toy, but the wings definitely dont open as much as on my other X-Wings. Such a shame. :(

Reaction score
I got mine with a 25% off coupon. The last x wings i got were the dagobag moss ones... If you want to support maybe buy the Poe one that's super nice.
I actually did, and you’re 100% right about how nice it is. Besides the few “BIG” ships we've got in the past, Poe’s TROS X-Wing might be one of the best vehicles we’ve ever received. Maybe even Theee best, it certainly ranks up there.

Reaction score
I actually did, and you’re 100% right about how nice it is. Besides the few “BIG” ships we've got in the past, Poe’s TROS X-Wing might be one of the best vehicles we’ve ever received. Maybe even Theee best, it certainly ranks up there.
I was going to skip on this until I saw it out of box...worth every penny

Reaction score
These X-wings (Luke's and Poe's) look more and more beautiful every time I see them. But do I really want to spend this? Usually, when I have to ask, it means yes.