Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter

Reaction score
"Whatever happened to Luke's X-wing on Bespin?" sounds like such a perfecct topic for a short story in one of the old EU "Tales From The..." series, I'm surprised it never happened.

Maybe if they do an Empire version of "From A Certain Point Of View," it'll be in there. Or in the upcoming post-ESB Marvel run.

Reaction score
"Whatever happened to Luke's X-wing on Bespin?" sounds like such a perfecct topic for a short story in one of the old EU "Tales From The..." series, I'm surprised it never happened.

Maybe if they do an Empire version of "From A Certain Point Of View," it'll be in there. Or in the upcoming post-ESB Marvel run.
Another story could be about Han got his blaster back too after Darth Vader stole it on Bespin.

Reaction score
I figure they sent a rebel agen to Cloud City to get the X-Wing back. I never really thought about it as a kid. I guess I figured he got a new one.

Reaction score
The dude with the ice cream maker took it. He wanted to make sure that the rebels had ice cream on Tattoine when they rescued Han.

Reaction score
We all know what you got in there Willrow. LOL!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I figure they sent a rebel agen to Cloud City to get the X-Wing back. I never really thought about it as a kid. I guess I figured he got a new one.
Realistically, I think the Imperials probably would have impounded it, tore it apart for intel and scrapped it.

Reaction score
In the Shadows of the Empire comic, it seems the Alliance picked up Luke's X-wing. At the start of the comic, Luke says to Leia he's needed. 3PO then says (paraphrasing here) "There you have it. You haven't fully recovered from your injuries, and R2 says your X-wing is in for repairs."

In the new canon though I'm not sure.

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
Wilrow on a TVC card. Truly epic possibilities.

More like tongue-in-cheek convention exclusive.

Reaction score
In the Shadows of the Empire comic, it seems the Alliance picked up Luke's X-wing. At the start of the comic, Luke says to Leia he's needed. 3PO then says (paraphrasing here) "There you have it. You haven't fully recovered from your injuries, and R2 says your X-wing is in for repairs."

In the new canon though I'm not sure.
If it’s part of Legacy the maybe not. But it could be new canon. Pablo may be listening.

Reaction score
What do we think the value of this X-Wing will be? Seems like the 2012 Millennium Falcon has gone up quite a bit, as well as Jabba’s Sail Barge (albeit that was Hasbro Lab). Thoughts?

I could see this thing doubling.

Reaction score
What do we think the value of this X-Wing will be? Seems like the 2012 Millennium Falcon has gone up quite a bit, as well as Jabba’s Sail Barge (albeit that was Hasbro Lab). Thoughts?

I honestly don't see this thing going up in value much, if at all. They jacked the price on the TIE fighter and it's ultimate value proved to be less than retail. Some of the other ships that went up in value had some things going for them. I wont count the Sail Barge because that's a beast on its own. But the 2012 Falcon went up in value for a couple reasons. First of all, it was a TRU exclusive. That right there limited it's market and given that TRU had one of the worst websites it's not like people were really ordering it. The starting price of $250? put it out of the price range of a lot of people. People kept putting it off, putting it off and then regretted not getting it. The X-Wing doesn't quite have that issue. $100 is expensive but a little easier to swallow so not as many people will have pushed it off and missed out. Plus, as nice as this X-wing looks to be, it's essentially the same as the trench run X-wing. The value on that thing fluctuates but it topped out around what this thing is selling for. So that tells you, people are willing to spend about $100 on a big X-Wing...and if they are willing to "settle" this basic mold has been released a few other times. So there's more overall chances to get a big X-wing compared to the BMF. The BMF was only released twice, and it's huge so the higher price feels justified.

I just don't see the market for a $200 X-Wing. Maybe I'm wrong.

Reaction score

Not a shot at doubling. We aren't in 2010-2013 anymore. It's a different hobby.

Clearance for years it more likely on these overpriced vehicles.

Reaction score
Another story could be about Han got his blaster back too after Darth Vader stole it on Bespin.
simple story.. GL merely re-wrote history and it back in han's possession...seriously though, I figured han may have had extras hidden on the falcon. Also we never really saw what chewie carried in his wookie-purse

Last edited:
Reaction score
simple story.. GL merely re-wrote history and it back in han's possession...seriously though, I figured han may have had extras hidden on the falcon. Also we never really saw what chewie carried in his wookie-purse
Another take: give me a moment in a comic or an animated show where, after Han says goodbye to Luke over the comm and the Falcon jumps to hyperspace away from Tatooine, he slumps in the captain's seat, exhausted. Lando comes in and sits in the co-pilot seat. After a few seconds of silence and staring at each other, Lando starts to apologize, and Han interrupts him, telling him it's fine and not to worry about it -- he understands. Lando nods, stands, then reaches behind his back. Pulling Han's blaster out from his belt, he holds it out for him with an outstretched arm: "managed to sneak this out of the administrator's palace before the evacuation started." Han smiles, takes the blaster, feeling the weight in his hand again. The two nod at each other, and Lando leaves the cockpit as Han slides the DL-44 back into the holster where it belongs.

Reaction score
Interesting mini tale, but maybe add Lando returns Han's clothes, cleaned and pressed as well http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC39Lando.asp. it is apparent Lando raided Han's wardrobe and weapons stash too.

Back on topic: atm, I think I'm going to pass on this. I did sell trench run x wing a few years back and got the tvc tru excl. If Amazon gets this and later clearences, maybe I'll change my mind but then I thought that w/ thier slave 1 and well at least I have the cw painted version, as I never got Boba's tvc slave 1 repaint, lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another take: give me a moment in a comic or an animated show where, after Han says goodbye to Luke over the comm and the Falcon jumps to hyperspace away from Tatooine, he slumps in the captain's seat, exhausted. Lando comes in and sits in the co-pilot seat. After a few seconds of silence and staring at each other, Lando starts to apologize, and Han interrupts him, telling him it's fine and not to worry about it -- he understands. Lando nods, stands, then reaches behind his back. Pulling Han's blaster out from his belt, he holds it out for him with an outstretched arm: "managed to sneak this out of the administrator's palace before the evacuation started." Han smiles, takes the blaster, feeling the weight in his hand again. The two nod at each other, and Lando leaves the cockpit as Han slides the DL-44 back into the holster where it belongs.
Nice. I like that. It just became a personal-canon moment for me.

Reaction score
Interesting mini tale, but maybe add Lando returns Han's clothes, cleaned and pressed as well http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC39Lando.asp. it is apparent Lando raided Han's wardrobe and weapons stash too.

Back on topic: atm, I think I'm going to pass on this. I did sell trench run x wing a few years back and got the tvc tru excl. If Amazon gets this and later clearences, maybe I'll change my mind but then I thought that w/ thier slave 1 and well at least I have the cw painted version, as I never got Boba's tvc slave 1 repaint, lol
That ESB Slave-1 is pretty awesome. I did some weathering on it and it really looks great.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

Reaction score

But this is Luke's X wing, which always command a premium and be in high demand. Look at how much the trench run X wings or the previous TVC X wing are going for. This will hold its value and slowly appreciate over time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But this is Luke's X wing, which always command a premium and be in high demand. Look at how much the trench run X wings or the previous TVC X wing are going for. This will hold its value and slowly appreciate over time.
You are correct. In many years to come this will demand a high price.

Ignore the toxic trolls. This is a fabulous vehicle.

Congrats to Hasbro and all those involved in producing this beautiful design.

Reaction score
How is it toxic for disagreeing that this thing will go up in value? I laid out a reasonable explanation for why I don’t see it going up in value but because I disagree that this thing will go for $200 I’m somehow toxic?

I also never claimed it’s not a fabulous vehicle. I put in an order for it and plan on selling my trench run x-wing in favor of this paint job. But at some point there’s a ceiling on how much someone will pay for an x-wing. $100 has steadily been the ceiling. That’s what the trench run x-wing has been worth for years...others have been at the $40 range for years. More of this mold produce will ultimately keep the value steady at $100 or less.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone knows if is the same mold as the Death Star Trench, with the compartment at the bottom of the ship, or the one in the Swamp with the compartment behind the seat.

Reaction score
Does anyone knows if is the same mold as the Death Star Trench, with the compartment at the bottom of the ship, or the one in the Swamp with the compartment behind the seat.
It's looking like the Death Star Trench Run, as it has the underside storage compartment. Lovely ship it is too!

Reaction score
It's the same with a new paint job.

HOT TAKE - I think the Trench Run is better. The cockpit canopy doesn't close properly on mine (I had the same problem with TVC Red 3) and the wings are more lopsided than ever. The new paint almost makes it look too 'busy' compared the the more muted Trench run version as well.

Reaction score
Maverick, don't try and ask for logic from the troll.
Can you not be civil rather than call out reyandbb8 as a troll. Don't get personal. They were on making a comment on these forums. Why are you so thin skinned?

Read your signature and heed it's advice rather than try to derail a thread as usual.

Reaction score

HOT TAKE - I think the Trench Run is better. The cockpit canopy doesn't close properly on mine (I had the same problem with TVC Red 3) and the wings are more lopsided than ever. The new paint almost makes it look too 'busy' compared the the more muted Trench run version as well.
I think the context of both is different. The new X Wing has a little bit more detailing to it, but I would say it's not necessary if you have the previous iteration of this fantastic vehicle.

Fantastic job Hasbro.

Reaction score
Can you not be civil rather than call out reyandbb8 as a troll. Don't get personal. They were on making a comment on these forums. Why are you so thin skinned?

Read your signature and heed it's advice rather than try to derail a thread as usual.
That's just hilarious. I get it now.

Reaction score
Man, if I ever have 600 or so to blow on something I already own three of, I want that ROTJ AT-AT box. Thing of beauty!

Reaction score

The Vintage Collection Slave I was also clearanced out on Amazon at half price. Try getting it now. Both the Legacy and Vintage boxed Falcons were similarly marked down.

This will go up. Give it time.

Reaction score

I agree wholeheartedly. Same exact ship with a worse paint job. Still has the “2011” date stamp on it too. Just like Internets stated above, the new red is far too bright and it seems as if they went backwards here. Also, mine has that same issue with the canopy as well, which is a real setback.
But BY FAR, the red paint(along the sides, on/under the wings, on the “red 5” stripes, wherever you see it), is what gives this ship a “Did I really buy this” vote. It stands out like something made for the kiddies during the sad 5poa years in the mid 20-teens.
And for those of you that are buying this with the hopes of getting a cool new box in mind...you’re gonna be kinda bummed there too. The box is much smaller than it appears in photos(closer in size to Poe’s TFA X-Wing than Biggs’ TVC X-Wing) and it just doesn’t have that TVC “pop” to it the others did. Also, when I first got it in-hand, it appeared as if it had these smudges on the upper right & left of the box. Then I flipped it over to only to see the exact same marks. Upon looking at it longer/closer, I realized they were 2 Rebel Fleet Troopers standing in the top corners in complete darkness...kinda odd. If it wasn’t for the white tips of they’re helmet, I would’ve probably still thought they were smudges/defects on the box, lol.

If you can get your hands on Death Star Trench Run version, I would highly recommend that instead.

Reaction score
I can certainly see how the situation puts us(or at least me, in this case) in somewhat of an awkward predicament here; taking into consideration how we should be supporting Hasbro, in order to keep the TVC line going strong & all(especially supporting the more expensive releases) —and please take note, no one wants TVC to thrive more than I do— This is just a case where I can’t condone throwing good money at the bad. I’m sorry.