Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter

Reaction score
This is one where, if I see it out in the wild, I might grab it, but yeah, I’m not going out of my way to pick it up.

bac

Reaction score
Did not ​one single person come across this today?
it's not out yet. And it's Fan Channel websites only. So you won't see it in a store.

I'm seeing ETA's of anywhere from October (Dorkside) to October 15 (Hasbro Pulse) to December (EE) to 4th Quarter (BBTS).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ordered one from DS. I'll be selling my trench run version. That should cover most of the cost. I like the paint job on this one better.

Reaction score
I ordered one from DS. I'll be selling my trench run version. That should cover most of the cost. I like the paint job on this one better.
Likewise. I kept going back and forth and I'll be selling the DST version also. This one has some weathering. The DST looks too clean.

Reaction score
So this will be in scale with the big Biggs and Wedge version’s from awhile back? Pretty much the same as the Trench Run/Dagonah crash X-Wings?

Reaction score
Yes, it’s basically the same as the DST version with a bit of paint deco differences. And yes, same scale as the others you mentioned Verbal21.

Reaction score
Out in Australia at Zing. Had to order mine online for a pick-up next week. Hesitated when I saw it in-store, and left without it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mine was dispatched on Friday so should be here Monday (UK) Most sites had them in stock but have now sold out. This is the Force Friday purchase im most excited to get:D

Reaction score
I agree the VOTC X-wing Luke has a 'cleaner' looking card and slimmer bubble, but the figure is very outdated looking. Heck, it looked outdated just a few years after it came out, heh. Compared to the VOTC Han Solo, which still holds up today, his limbs looked overly thick and bulky, even for a person wearing a flight suit. The way they sculpted the shoulders to plug directly into the vest was also a very weird choice, aesthetically. Not to mention the headsculpt, which kinda made him look like a backwoods extra in Deliverance, heh. The new version runs circles around that one. Plus, they corrected the shade of blue for the name pill and swatch. It will be replacing my old VOTC version in the carded display, for sure.

Reaction score
Yea... I posted in the wrong thread but agree the figure does look better. Being a carded only collector, I'm willfully ignorant to the figure itself. In all honesty, the original Luke xwing was a hugely underwhelming figure although he would be very high on the list if he comes out for the Retro series.

Reaction score
I placed my order on Dorkside yesterday. I received 2 email confirmations, one from paypal, one from Dorkside. I log in and my order isn't there. Should I be worried?

Reaction score
Love the box art - But NO for $100 (same with the Poe X-Wing)

Reaction score
Got email notification from Hasbro Pulse that I am getting a shipment tomorrow. Also ordered two figures, so not sure if it’s just one of the figures or all the figures and Luke’s X-Wing fighter.

Reaction score
Mine arrived today with some more of my TFF haul. Gonna have to remain in that rather wonderful box until i can sort my shelves out and make some room!

Reaction score
Mine shipped today from Best Buy. I had some best buy rewards I didn't realize I had, saved 10$. Sold the Trench Run Xwing for 80$. Not a bad deal.

Reaction score
No word from Dorkside about when this would ship. Anyone else buy from them?

Reaction score
I placed my order on Dorkside yesterday. I received 2 email confirmations, one from paypal, one from Dorkside. I log in and my order isn't there. Should I be worried?
Just following up, I emailed Dorkside about my order. Turns out I ordered as a guest, so that'll do it.

From Dorkside, "These items are estimated to arrive this month. This is merely an estimate and we cannot guarantee as the matter of arrival is simply out of our hands."

bac

Reaction score
Dorkside got slammed with orders. I'm still waiting for my Wave 2 TVC case to ship that I ordered on Monday as not a guest.

No biggie. I can only imagine how many orders they're prepping and shipping.

Reaction score
My Tff figures arrived today in awesome condition I might add. Given the fact that I got Yavin Luke, I'd like to think he will get the Xwings rather soon. Im awaiting my Monday order shipping notice yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dorkside got slammed with orders. I'm still waiting for my Wave 2 TVC case to ship that I ordered on Monday as not a guest.

No biggie. I can only imagine how many orders they're prepping and shipping.
Yes we did! We took a month's worth of orders over a 4 day window. There's a bit of a back log right now.

Reaction score
Yes we did! We took a month's worth of orders over a 4 day window. There's a bit of a back log right now.
I don't care just gimme my figures now.....lol Just kidding. Love How my TFF order was packed. You guys are my go to now, and I reccommend you to everyone. Would rather my order come in good shape than quicker. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Reaction score
So did Luke ever get his X-Wing back after leaving it on Bespin? I don't follow the comics too much, but I'm guessing there is stuff with Luke after ESB where he's flying around in something.

Reaction score
He did have his Xwing in ROTJ. I believe Shadows of the Empire may have explain how he got it back. Unless he got a new one that was repainted w/ red5 markings, but I don't think so.

Edit. Quick Google search revealed this. https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/AA-589 while it didn't specifically say what happened post bespin, it suggests a new Xwing w/ same call sign, similar to "AIR FORCE ONE" where no matter what plane our president is on board, that plane is AF1

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know, I'd just assume he got a new one. And the markings would make sense since he's Red-5. The previous Red-5 died basically a few days earlier at Scarif, and they had a new X-Wing ready for Luke in time for the Battle of Yavin.

I can't imagine they'd rescue an X-Wing just for Luke, but who knows.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

Reaction score
That X-Wing at the bottom of the bay on Ach-To might belong to someone else come December...

Reaction score
I don't know, I'd just assume he got a new one. And the markings would make sense since he's Red-5. The previous Red-5 died basically a few days earlier at Scarif, and they had a new X-Wing ready for Luke in time for the Battle of Yavin.

It was a piece of history the fighter that brought down the death star so yeah they may have taken the time to get it.

Last edited:
Reaction score

According to Wikipedia, it was abandoned and he got a new one. For whatever that's worth.

Reaction score
Regarding the computer system in the Xwing left at Bespin - we are assuming that it is the exact fighter that Luke flew when he blew up the Death Star. A couple years past between ANH & ESB. If the article I linked to earlier is of any truth, when it is possible he got a new ship between films and each one was decommissioned to red5 call sign. Now what really perplexes me more than, "what happened w/ the Xwing post Bespin?" question, is how come (& this is related to main topic of Luke's Xwing) every rebel ship leaving Hoth went by Imperial ships yet when luke left, there was not 1 ship in sight, nor was he detected by any other ships, mainly imperial ships? That and ( unrelated) if the twins were to been a secret, why was luke raised keeping the Skywalker name? Seems like if he was such a good pilot as a kid, stories about him would eventually reach Mos Eisley, or Mos Espa even though it was an unknown location during OT, and such stories may leave Tatooine w/ various visitors and by mere word of mouth, reach imperial ears, ie Vader

Reaction score
Regarding the computer system in the Xwing left at Bespin - we are assuming that it is the exact fighter that Luke flew when he blew up the Death Star. A couple years past between ANH & ESB. If the article I linked to earlier is of any truth, when it is possible he got a new ship between films and each one was decommissioned to red5 call sign. Now what really perplexes me more than, "what happened w/ the Xwing post Bespin?" question, is how come (& this is related to main topic of Luke's Xwing) every rebel ship leaving Hoth went by Imperial ships yet when luke left, there was not 1 ship in sight, nor was he detected by any other ships, mainly imperial ships? That and ( unrelated) if the twins were to been a secret, why was luke raised keeping the Skywalker name? Seems like if he was such a good pilot as a kid, stories about him would eventually reach Mos Eisley, or Mos Espa even though it was an unknown location during OT, and such stories may leave Tatooine w/ various visitors and by mere word of mouth, reach imperial ears, ie Vader
This, and many idiosyncrasies in the OT are completely glossed over by people that pick apart the prequels and sequels ad nauseum.

Reaction score
The Skywalker name thing is a side effect of one of the original trilogies retcons. Luke was originally just supposed to be some kid on Tatooine. He wasn't related to anyone important, let alone Vader. So there was no reason for him to have a different last name....because he wasn't in hiding. And he wasn't a twin until Jedi retconned Leia into being his sister.

The X-Wing thing is such a minor thing compared to the Skywalker family inconsistencies. It's a cool twist and is a big part of what makes Star Wars so interesting, but it's one of those things where if you look too closely you see all the massive holes that are a result of all the retcons from movie to movie.

Reaction score
^ true, so true. It is a shame though GL didn't (or so it seems) polish the continuity better, even leia's " memory"of her real mother. Grant it, the deleted AOTC scene may have been an attempt to clarify that comment to fit then recent recons. But despite all these little quirks and PT dialog, GLs story telling was far better than Disney's, saga wise anyway. The stand alones were far superior, imo. Ep8 was a disaster imho. I was a bit embarrassed when we left the theater that night

Oh let me mention my R OTJ, WTH momemts...Han saying "I got an idea"..then next seen he's inside an ATSt, then outside hiding around the corner of bunker door. Lastly the sand dunes looked terrible and so fake, I surly though the SEs would've fixed it. Despite all these, SW is my all-time fave, and I can forgive these oddities. I even try to forgive TLJ, but I want to see TROS first, hoping for some clarity on that �� storm

Last edited: