Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Question: are the markings on this one and the Trench Run version decals like the FX version, or painted on? I have the FX and not interested in this unless there's a considerable improvement such as paint instead of decals...

Reaction score
Question: are the markings on this one and the Trench Run version decals like the FX version, or painted on? I have the FX and not interested in this unless there's a considerable improvement such as paint instead of decals...
Details on the trench run are painted on. Id assume this is doing the same thing.

Reaction score
This is the same Xwing that was released for the vintage collection in 2012/13 and the trench run. It’s the best mold yet of the Xwing. IMHO, the FX Xwing was an extreme let down. This is far superior.

Reaction score
Considering the wings look droopy in the box image I'd say it's more on the none side.

Until they fix that, I'll not be buying any of these X-Wings. I want an 'X' wing fighter, not a 'sideways K' wing fighter.

Reaction score
I noticed on the Yakface TFF checklist this is being listed as a Fan Channel item. So, the Walmarts and Targets won't be stocking them I presume.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I noticed on the Yakface TFF checklist this is being listed as a Fan Channel item. So, the Walmarts and Targets won't be stocking them I presume.
Great question Sharky —
I just noticed that myself while looking down that checklist. What does “Fan Channel” item? Have I been living under a rock or is this something totally new?

Reaction score
I think it's like the Gammorean guard and stuff like that, where you can order it from EE or Dorkside or probably even Amazon. You just won't find it in brick & mortar stores.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

Reaction score
Smart move, making it a fan channel means it probably wont go on deep discount. It also means the secondary market on the trench run x-wing wont be as affected by this release. I've noticed fan channels don't change the price as much as regular retail as somehow people still don't know about fan channel releases in as great of numbers.

Reaction score
Yup, turning it to fan channel turned this into a I'll mostly likely buy item for me.

I buy most of my stuff online these days, it's the only way to guarantee I'll get it.

Reaction score
Smart move, making it a fan channel means it probably wont go on deep discount. It also means the secondary market on the trench run x-wing wont be as affected by this release. I've noticed fan channels don't change the price as much as regular retail as somehow people still don't know about fan channel releases in as great of numbers.
I think there is a shot that Gamestop would mark it down at some point once stock starts to get low and some time has passed.

Does Fan Channel include Amazon? My gut is telling me no. That is to say I can't recall something Fan Channel showing up on Amazon. Maybe I'm just forgetting. If Amazon has it that's another avenue where one could see a price reduction.

Reaction score
I think there is a shot that Gamestop would mark it down at some point once stock starts to get low and some time has passed.

Does Fan Channel include Amazon? My gut is telling me no. That is to say I can't recall something Fan Channel showing up on Amazon. Maybe I'm just forgetting. If Amazon has it that's another avenue where one could see a price reduction.
Amazon proper hasn't had any of the previous Fan Channel figures (Gam Guard, ROTS Trooper, Skiff Guard 3 pack etc). 3rd party sellers have them up for close to suggested retail though.

Reaction score
This might be the first of the overpriced TVC vehicles I don't wait to buy. Box is beautiful, and the X-wing looks like a great upgrade since the last one I purchased (Dagobah crash-landing version, which I think was an exclusive).

Reaction score
This might be the first of the overpriced TVC vehicles I don't wait to buy. Box is beautiful, and the X-wing looks like a great upgrade since the last one I purchased (Dagobah crash-landing version, which I think was an exclusive).
Yes, this version is an upgrade over the Dagobah version. It has the new cockpit with the targeting computer. I really like the Dagobah one, but I want this one as well, then I can display the Dagobah one with the swamp muck on it.
Y

Last edited:
Reaction score
This version has had two previous releases. It was released in 2013 as the Vintage Collection Red 3 but was first released in 2011 as Red 5 in the Death Star Trench Run double pack.

Yes, this version is an upgrade over the Dagobah version. It has the new cockpit with the target computer. I really like the Dagobah one, but I want this one as well, then I can display the Dagobah one with the swamp muck on it.
Y

Reaction score
I'd rather see an all-new, more accurately scaled Original Trilogy Y-Wing than more of this same old X-Wing sculpt.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Maybe Luke's X-Wing will make an appearance in TROS...............
M
Sure, why not. After TLJ anything is possible. I can even see them having General Leia riding in R2's exterior jumpseat while sparkly-glowy Luke is piloting.

I passed on Trench Run and had some regrets. I also passed on Wedge's X-Wing and had regrets. So I did get Biggs's X-Wing and I really liked it. I do remember getting some 3D printed lever online to allow the X-Wing foils to deploy and stay deployed properly. So I hope that Hasbro did revisit that feature.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yes, and I just picked one up at Dorkside. No tax and free shipping!

Reaction score
Still love the box art to Biggs’ X-wing. I had the original back when I was 5. Thanks to the power of eBay I own 2 boxed samples.

Reaction score
Still love the box art to Biggs’ X-wing. I had the original back when I was 5. Thanks to the power of eBay I own 2 boxed samples. Sorry for the double post.

Last edited: